Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Playing house is fun!

Started by Anonymous, April 22, 2006, 10:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So it seemed she had helped. She tilted her head slightly, smiling in relief. And what was that weight that seemed to lift from her heart? Had it been the saddness and tears that she had felt for him? Whatever it was, it lifted from her as he talked about at least trying. And that was good enough. Doing your best -as cheesy as that sounded- was truthfully the best thing someone could ever do for themself. She brushed a hand over her bangs. She didn't expect him to be... 'healed' after this. But she hoped that maybe meeting him wouldn't be... well, in any case, it wouldn't be a waste. Meeting people, no matter type, she found to be a wonderful excuse.

"You CAN change your name, you know..." Nyutahi said, grinning and giggling slightly.

"But you do know that nothing will ever change that your name is Sticks to me," she added, still grinning brightly.

Friends? It HAD crossed her mind before, and she thought about her other friends, the ones that were lost somewhere around here, she was most certain of... She could always use more friends. Yes. And he seemed to need friends... Hell, she'd happily be his friend. He didn't have to use such a timid voice. But he'd learn, wouldn't he?

"Of course!" She said, as if she never considered it could be any other way.

"...Really? How are they different?" She asked, blinking at him, looking just as any curious girl would.

Anonymous

((this is going to be a short post, and my only one for tonight...Don't feel good and is going back to bed.))

Hearing her reply sent a large smile creeping over his lips. It was hardly a perfect smile; it was crooked, but he was smiling. He had leaned toward her and gave her a quick embrace. Careful not to sratch her delicate looking skin. His eyes had began dripping..crimson liquid had began seeping out of both eyes. He was crying blood. After realizing what he was doing he quickly jumped back, his hands rubbed against the back of his neck. He was confused. "Uh..sorry." He said, as he wipped his eyes.

A few minutes past before he remembered that she had said something else, before he had hugged her. A new name..o, and she wanted to know what the difference between his years and human years were. "I've thought of two choices...but I don't know which one to choose. Morio which means forest boy in japanese or  Rinjl which means peacful forest. I don't know they just seem to fit me, even my new nickname seems to go with them." he said. "Or maybe you should pick something for me. I'd be honored..."

"As for the years..." He laughed a bit. "I'm 1,700 in my years and only 17 in human years." He gave a light small.

Anonymous

(Oi! I'm sorry to hear that. It's okay... I just hope you get better soon! ^^)

As crooked as it was, she accepted it as something beautiful. Everyone had their own way of smiling, right? That's what she believed... Different people smiled in certain and very different ways that distinguished them among the billions of other smiles. Some were crooked, tilted to one side, some showed teeth, some showed none, some were small... Well, you get the picture.  

But what startled her the most was the embrace -she hadn't been expecting that in the least. Her eyes widened but she quickly smiled and managed to return the hug as much as she could before he released it. When he pulled back he was crying.... blood? She looked puzzled -but he obviously wasn't human. He seemed startled, but not in such a way that she could draw the conclusion his life was suddenly in danger because he was bleeding through the eyes. That'd be an unusual situation.

How ironic! The two names he had chose were related to her name for him! Nyutahi couldn't help but to laugh at that, that truly was weird. She had given him the nickname because of his talent for building faery houses. She hadn't expected him to choose two names that both dealt with the forest.

But her pick one? She smiled.

"That's very nice of you... But I think you should pick your own name," Nyutahi said, grinning.

"...Oh, wow!" Nyutahi gasped after the initial shock and her eyes dialating.

"That's... amazing," she giggled. "In human years I'm only 15. I don't even know if I'm anything else," Nyutahi said, tilting her head and smiling brightly.

Anonymous

((well I'm staying home from school today yes...^^))

His eyes had stopped dripping now; and his expresion seemed much softer then when they had first met. He listened closely as she explained why he should be the one to pick his name. He rubbed his chin lightly as he thought about it...then an idea came to him. He had been to many more places then just places where they spoke japanese. In a cheerful voice he said. "My new name will be Nodin, it means wind in Native American." He smiled again; it was alittle more curled then the first one he had attempted.

"Yeah I think wind fits me too...I am always changing now...just like how wind changes." He stated. Then he thought about how he had a nickname. "I want to give you a nickname too." He said. "Tatum, which means cheerful bringer of joy in Old English. Do you like it?" He asked, growing slightly nervous again...he hoped she liked it. He thought it fit her well.

"O and for our little creation. I've decided to change it. You did say it was for the fairies. So how about we call it, Shayla, which means fairy palace in Celtic." He nodded and then slide down off the log and began putting the finishing touchs to the stick house.

Anonymous

(I wish I was home XD I love being home. Napping sounds fun.)

She smiled enthusiastically, showing how she liked his new name as 'Nodin'. Then when he decided to give her a nickname, she was just as estatic, grinning from ear-to-ear. "Thanks... I like it," Nyutahi replied, slightly reddened in the cheeks by embarrassment.

"Shayla?" Nyutahi echoed, tilting her head and smiling lightly.

"I like that. It's shorter then calling it 'Little Peoples' House'," she laughed, grinning.

But something... It seemed like something was coming. She wasn't sure if he noticed, but she knew that whatever was inside her was stirring -restless and anxious. Did they follow her? How did they make it through the portal? Were they tossed into this world along with her and her friends? If so.... Or maybe they knew about the portal from the beginning and not doing this blindly.

She frowned at the thought -it'd make sense. It was in their area afterall. And maybe this was an entire trap. She already felt anxious, but they weren't in any immediate area -at least where they could be seen. She glanced about her, already having in mind what to do if they came out.

Anonymous

Yes, he had noticed it to. He rose his head and looked to his right; the side he heard the thing comming from. He gazed through the forest, his sharp sight allowing him to see further then the normal being; if there was a such thing as normal on this planet. Although his eye sight was superior, the thing was still to far off. He grunted lightly and turned back to Tatum.

"I'm glad you like the new names." he said. Then something drew him back to look at his right side again. "Do you sense something coming?" he finally asked after he still couldn't make out anything in the forest. His musucles tensed as he grew weary of what was out there. It was something there he know it. A light hiss escaped through his mouth as his eyes seemed glued to the surrounding trees.

Anonymous

"...Yes. They're coming," Nyutahi whispered, and with energy she forced through her veins propelled herself up into a stand on the log, she closed her eyes and quieted everything inside.

Except for what she couldn't quiet. It roared and banged in its cage, writhing as it tried to sense the prescence. She gripped at her shirt over her heart, her jaw tightening, in obvious pain as sweat beaded along her forehead. Then it subsided and her hand slipped behind her back to the waistband of her skirt, pulling the awkward looking gun. It was small, the barrel short. At the base of the barrel was a bulge and a square hole in the top.

She held it up and narrowed her eyes, seeking this way and that. She focused on the direction -she couldn't see anything. But her eyesight was that a regular human. Nyutahi then glanced behind her. She wouldn't hit them if she fired. They may not see them. They may just be guessing. Or tracking them some other way. She looked at Sticks.

"Let's go. We have to leave Shayla -we can come back tomorrow," she whispered, lowering the gun and grabbing his wrist gently, encouraging him with a soft tug.

"Follow me," she said, quietly stepping off into the woods, pulling him with her and then releasing him.

She merged into the trees and moved fast until they came into a hidden house. She waved him in and stepped inside. When he entered she shut the door and rested a plank over the front. She glanced out the window.

She stowed her gun in her skirt's waistband again and leaned against the door, looking at a dark corner of the house. It was so empty.. So cold.. So unfriendly. She hated its insides. She hated that there was no one else who lived their. It showed in her face. She hated being alone -and this place was very alone.

Anonymous

His eyes had been locked striaght a head of him; looking deep into the forest. He still couldn't make out anything. Then he felt something tugging on his waist and turned to find that it was Tatum. His eyes widen slightly at seeing the small shiny object that she held in her other hand, but before he could ask what it was he was being pulled.

He didn't refuse and followed just as quickly as she, into the forest. By now she had let him go but he know she still wanted him to follow and so he did. After a few zigs and zags they came to a hidden house type thing; was it? Well whatever it was, he followed her inside it. He was alittle jumpy now...thoughts were quickly swimming in his mind. What the heck was going on? That was his main question at the time.

"What...whats going on here?" he said. He was moving backwards away from the door and had tripped over his foot, a crash echoed out as he fell "Gah." He quickly stood back up and watched as she put the foriegn object back where she had got it. Without warning, he had quickly grabbed it out of it's hiding place and was looking over it. "What is it?" He asked, he sounded almost mezmorized by it. His fingers curiously moved over the object, inspecting it. "Brillant." He whispered as he looked at it. He was attracted to shinny things. His eyes glittered with interest as he glanced over it.

Anonymous

Her eyes widened as his hand disappeared behind her. She felt the prescence of her weapon disappear, the waistband of her skirt snapping back into place. She glanced up quickly at him and watched as he puzzled over her weapon. She smiled weakly, the emptiness of the house still waying heavy on her heart. She couldn't stand the emptiness... A black oppression inside her.

"It's.. a wind gun," she said, for lack of better term.

"It's shoots out these fist sized balls of spinning air. They're pretty powerful..." Nyutahi explained, smiling vaguely.

It was a reminder of her friends -they all had weapons. Mostly wind-powered, but Phineas had a water powered weapon. She remembered getting them from back home... That had been one interesting experience learning how to use such weapons.

"I'm sorry to get you involved with this but there are some people after me and my friends... That's how we wound up in this world. We were being chased and wound up falling through some kind of portal and wound up scattered across the world, I assume..." Nyutahi said, her frowning deepening.

She didn't like the feeling of sadness and loss that threatened her when she talked about it. What if she never found them? NO! She couldn't think about that. She'd find them. She really would.

Anonymous

He nodded. "It's ok really. Atleast I have something to do now right? It beats sitting around feeling lonely and thinking of the past and such." He offered her a kind smile. He looked over the gun once more before sighing deeply and handing it back to her. One hand rubbed through his hair. "Didn't mean to steal it." He said shamefully. "I'm sadly attratcted to shiny things..kind of gets me into trouble sometimes." He admitted.

He already know that he he would stay with her; he felt a connection with her. "I'll help you fight it." he said after a while of thinking about it. "I mean you have to stop running from your past right. That's what you helped me do...and now I can finally get a real life..and start over. So I'll do whatever I can do to help you.." He took a pause. "Defeat your past!"  He exclaimed.

((sorry so short I'm in class))

Anonymous

"It's okay. It just startled me," Nyutahi said, smiling and taking the gun, sliding it back to it's place between her skirt waistband and back.

"Don't worry about me. I'll fight them... I just have to find the rest of my friends first. We all came over here through the portal in a group. A lot of us.... So until I find them, I'll avoid them," she said, smiling vaguely.

"Thank you," she said, walking towards him and loosely wrapping her arms around him, resting her head against him for a moment or so before pulling back and sighing.

Nyutahi sighed and sat down on the floor, stretching out her legs. She tugged on the black socks, straightening them. She didn't bother with her skirt -she had shorts on beneath them anyway. She tilted back her head and then pulled her legs up, resting her arms over her knees.

"So...! What should we do now?" She asked, lifting an eyebrow and looking up at him curiously.

(Don't worry! It's okay. I know how that is)