Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Birthstone

Started by visualspice, July 09, 2022, 08:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Just as she spoke his name, Ar'ruubis was enjoying a second helping of fish tails. Phen shook his head and planted his hands to his hips.
"Round as a melon, indeed. Such a food driven beast," he muttered, although he smiled. He gave a whistle and patted his side. "Come on, 'Rubie. Let's lead the lovely lady to dryer waters." And he offered out his arm for Ember to take (how chivalrous of him, right?) And he gave her the most charming of grins.
"Shall we?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

allthekingsmen

Ember gave her own sigh at Ar'ruubis's feast, tinged with humor, "Aren't we all. Bread for the poor, roasts for the rich, and fish tails for the dogs, I suppose."

She let out a slight huff of a laugh, loosely taking his proffered arm, a light ghosting of her touch. "We shall, though I am curious as to what 'dry water' would be like."
I'm under 18, but allowed on SotE because I was around before the rule was made. That being said: I won't be participating in mature content RPs for the time being, but I'm super happy to write other stuff!

visualspice

Phen laughed.
"Just docks that stay dryer," he went on, shrugging in the direction he began to lead her. "This way, my lady. We can leave the fishing ladies behind." He called again to his dog and soon the beast joined his side, licking at his one free hand before circling around the pair as Pheonix guided Ember along on their little walk.

It was true, the docks, which seemed ought to have been a straight forward concept, were an interwoven connection of wooden paths over the shores. Some went over the beach side of the waters, which Phen now lead, and gestured towards the sparkling world around them.

"This is the dryer side of the Essyrni docks," Phen explained. "This is more for dock workers to travel, hence the traffic here is much lighter." He gestured towards where many smaller boats had been drug onto land, or had perched when the sea was at high tide, and many were resting or busy moving mules or camels.

"Careful of shit piles," Phen warned as they stepped over a more recent, steaming pile. He made a face but shrugged at the woman on his arm and studied her. She was rather exotic looking, now wasn't she? Or maybe he was just a sucker for a pretty face. Of course.. he had to wonder just where she had pocketed the gem....

If he were Ember, where might he pocket the thing? He looked away, thoughtfully, as they needed to step aside for a pair of mules moving heavy cargo. They were forced onto a narrow strip of wood, and the caravan passed by awfully close, but Phen ensured he was between Ember and the moving cargo, before they finally had room to breath as the movers passed.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

allthekingsmen

"Thank you for showing me this," Ember said genuinely, scanning the area to try and commit it to memory just like before. It would be useful to know in order to escape anyone who followed her from sea, and certainly quieter than the bustle of the wetter docks. "I assume it's not exactly a popular tourist area, then?"

She kept closer to Phen as she avoided the fresh pile of shit, holding her breath for a moment before releasing it. She was no stranger to bad smells, but it didn't make them any more pleasant to be around. "One of the best parts of a life on land, I recall. I don't miss the mess."

Squeezing to the side as the caravan passed, she stiffened up, adjusting her belt subtly to make sure the gem didn't fall through the gap. While it was rather chivalrous for Phen to take the outside position, it did disrupt her walking enough to feel her little souvenir slip just a bit as she made room for him to walk even closer to her, trying not to nudge him too much with her arm. When the caravan finally left their area, she asked, "Do you have anywhere in particular you need to go?"
I'm under 18, but allowed on SotE because I was around before the rule was made. That being said: I won't be participating in mature content RPs for the time being, but I'm super happy to write other stuff!

visualspice

Had she not drawn attention to her belt, he might not have realized where he deduced she slipped the stone. He couldn't help but smile at this knowledge and turned away to focus on the docks before them.

"Yeah, more likely you'll run into the locals here. And well.." he gestured towards the shit pile they were leaving behind, and gave a little 'tsk' to Ar'ruubis for sniffing at it. "Leave it, boy."

Dogs would be dogs.

"So... being a woman of the sea.." he began. "You enjoy a good beach?"

allthekingsmen

"Noted," she wrinkled her nose at the shit pile, but otherwise paid little attention to it.

"If Ar'ruubis 'approves of me—'" Ember quoted his earlier words, her lips fighting a smile. Hyrella's pearls, who could blame her? She liked crude humor. "—yet seems to have a curious taste for shit, then does that put me in the same box as those leavings over there?"

She tottered her head at his question, looking to his face. There could be worse things to look at, considering how well his eyes complimented and balanced the rest of his face, especially considering the unpleasant scene behind them. "It depends on what you would call a 'good beach.' Essyrn rarely disappoints me in terms of good sand and sea, though, so... yes, I do. Is that where you're taking me?"

visualspice

Phen laughed at her musings over the dog's fickle nature.
"I wouldn't take it too personally, " he Whispered, glancing as if it might offend Ar'ruubis. "I mean he likes me too. "

Then he gestured for Ar'ruubis to come, except the dog thought he meant jump and so he did,  large paws landing into Ember and Phen both, but before the dog could knock them both off balance,  he pulled Ember against him before he fell onto his ass, woman on his lap and dog on her's as he licked her face happily.

Damn dog. At least it helped him get close enough to...
Ha! He managed to slip the gem in the chaos.  He proceeded to pocket the gem into his boot and oh... damn thing fell awkwardly down by his heel. That wasn't the smartest place to hide it. It was gonna be one annoying pain as he walked.

"You okay?" He asked,  moving to brush a wild, stray hair from her face.

allthekingsmen

"So he finds me comparable to either you or a bunch of crap," Ember mock-sighed. "I'll take my chances."

She let out a grunt as she was taken to the ground, attempting to keep her footing but to no avail. She felt the gem slide from her belt and inwardly scowled, trying to get to her feet with the weight of the dog on her back.

Her breath caught in her throat, though, when he moved her hair out of her face, not expecting the contact, before nudging his hand away and tucking her loose hair behind her ear herself. Embarrassment stung at her skin, the tips of her ears feeling hot at the very situation. While she usually reveled in chaos, this would be something that the rest of the crew would tease about if they were present to see it. She was determined to never let that slip—and, of course, to extricate herself from the tangle of limbs and dog.

"Is this how you tend to flirt with women?" she avoided his question, refusing to meet his eyes as she tried to awkwardly shuffle Ar'ruubis off of her, grimacing at the feeling of his saliva drying on her face. "Orchestrating strange situations such as these? You're more of a mastermind than I thought you were."

visualspice

Despite her avoidance of him, he remained close to help her if needed.
"Hey, woah, don't blame me. The dog is all the brains here!" He countered with a laugh. "Besides, who could ever be mad at this face?" And he ruffled Ar'ruubis's ears for emphasis.

allthekingsmen

"My mistake; I must be an even greater fool to think that you're smarter than your own pet. I only thought that he was cuter than you," Ember tried at a joke, then carefully pushed Ar'ruubis off of her before rolling off of Phen at a speed that could almost be construed as offensive.

She fixed her hair again, mussed up from her dismount, and stood up, offering a hand to Phen, all the while covertly looking around their general area to see where her gem could've fallen.

visualspice

Phen feigned pain, a hand over his heart as if stabbed with a dagger.
"You wound me, my lady. And here I thought we had such potential.  But I suppose not even I could deny the purity of such a face."

Ar'ruubis simply wagged his tail, more than happy to be at the center of attention.

By now, Phen took her hand and rose,  but winced when his damn heel dug into the gem. He tried to ignire it, but.. it was more a less a rock on his shoe,  and one that was trying to make itself at home in Phen's heel.

allthekingsmen

Ember frowned, openly confused (and a touch concerned) at Phen's apparent pain as she pulled him up, using their connected hands to tug him a little closer to inspect him up and down. "I didn't hurt you when I fell on top of you, did I? I'm not exactly feather-light and have got a lot of hard edges, so it wouldn't be surprising if I did."

If she did hurt him, she would feel pretty guilty, and already felt the beginnings of it dim the light emitting from her glowing heart—she was a woman that usually prided herself on both her ability to stay steady and upright and in not harming others unless wishing them harmed. She certainly didn't want to accidentally hurt Phen, thief or not. "I could take you back to my ship so my doctor could check you out."

visualspice

Phen shook it off, paling a little guiltily.
"No need, no need. Just think there's something in my boot." He leaned on her for support as he tried tapping his boot on the ground but.. well.. the damn gem seemed to like where it had sunk into. He frowned. He'd rather not remove his boot and reveal the gem.maybe it would eventually fall to the side and stop stabbing him.

"But where were we.." he went on, raking moon white hair from his eyes. "A romantic stroll on the beach, was it?"

allthekingsmen

Ember held fast, allowing for him to put his weight on her. It seemed his humor-slash-flirtatiousness was fully intact, though, considering his question.

"Seems so," she shrugged on shoulder, then nodded to his foot. "You should probably take out whatever's in your boot, though. Don't want it to actually hurt you if you keep walking with it."

visualspice

"Yeah," he laughed sheepishly, trying to figure out the best way to handle this.  It would be awkward to just simply dump the gem out. But if he went to ignore it and feign indifference, that'd be a lot of step to ignore the thing jabbing into his heel.
He suppose he could try to do it stealthily, but the woman would no doubt be more observational as he removed his boot to alleviate himself from the cause of his pain.

And now they were standing in awkward silence as he was stalling.
"I'll remove it once we're on the beach. Walking on the sands is better barefoot anyway.  "

allthekingsmen

Ember raised an eyebrow at his awkwardness, clearly skeptical. "Are you sure? You just want to... walk the whole way to the beach with a pokey thing jabbing your foot?"

If it was something like a small nail or sharp splinter, it could legitimately hurt him—but the fact that he was delaying taking it out despite the apparent pain he was in before was both confusing and suspicious. "I do hope you don't expect me to carry you the way there. I can, but you'll be like a sack of potatoes, and it won't be comfortable."

visualspice

"So.. what you're telling me is that I'm no princess to be carried off by my prince," he said, not skipping the opportunity to poke a little fun. Hell,  it was just the way he was. Something had to be seriously wrong with him if he wasn't cracking jokes. He was also hesitating and using diversions to keep her attention away from his boot problem but it seemed she was more perceptive than most.  Such a good and bad thing, truly. He couldn't fault her, naturally, but he did have to start thinking more cleverly.

allthekingsmen

"More like a sack of gold and jewels I steal from a king's treasury, yes," Ember said blithely, her tone just the slightest bit flat. Trying to distract her, was he? Well, at least she knew where her gem was being kept, now.

She cast her eyes to Phen's boot. She once attempted to lop off the finger of an enemy pirate to get at his very expensive, very tightly-affixed ring—yanking a guy's boot off his foot to grab a shiny little rock wouldn't be nearly as hard as that. "But really. You should take it out before it really hurts you." Or I really hurt you, she thought half-humorously to herself.

visualspice

They were still a good walk away from the beach when Phen sighed, nodding his concession.
"Alright, if you worry about my foot that badly, I'll take care of it."
His eyes went to a crate nearby and sat down, fumbling over the laces with delayed intent before he popped the boot off as delicately as he could, but of course it was sticking enough that with the little added force, when the boot had come free,  the little gem went sailing. Phen made a noise of alarm, one that unfortunately Ar'ruubis was prone to hearing when Phen dropped something he did not want the dog to eat and with insane speed, the dog dove after the bouncing gem, jaws open.

"A.. ar'ruubis!" Phen exclaimed as he half scrambled after the dog, but his partial leap came out empty handed as the beast, with gem in jaws, twirled with a dancer's grace away.

allthekingsmen

Ember's eyes widened, pupils constricting in distaste at the sight unfolding, the light of her heart beneath her skin blazing bright through the loose laces of her shirt. Her day was supposed to be so much better than this, wasn't it?

She balled her fists up, her figure trembling a little bit in an effort to keep herself calm despite the fact that magical heat was rolling off of her in waves, obviously furious at the turn of events she was given today. "And all I wanted was a little souvenir," she growled under her breath, then turned to Phen.

"I will kill you after this," she said simply, then bolted after her latest gem thief.