Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Stargazer's Room

Started by Draconian, February 17, 2023, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

If there are any 'Red Lotus's kicking around in all this it's because I lifted 99% of this from the one I wrote for RotE. :)

The Stargazer's Room

If you've ever wondered who those magnificent creatures are that are on the arms of the elite and wealthy, you're clearly too poor to buy their services. The Stargazer is steeped in a few hundred years of business, dealing in the exchange of money for entertainment. That entertainment is beautiful well trained creatures of exotic origins and well trained to be the best companion. They're a status symbol all their own. Having a Stargazer on your arm for the evening is as telling of your status and wealth as handing over your pocket book - which is probably bursting at the seams.

If you can afford one, you're probably very well off and if you bring one to a party, you're going to be the person of focus - Along with your guest.

The Stargazer's Room is basically a super duper fancy brothel. Sort of. While they deal in flesh, sex is never the main product. Well trained to be elite guests on important arms, The Stargazer's are always professional and always worth the money.

How the House works
The Stargazers are a small group of highly trained courtesans.
At any given time, there is only nine (9) of them that are allowed to work outside of the house. All others outside of those nine are preferred to stay in the house under supervision of the guards.
Outside of the House they are being paid to spend time with their patron but sex is not expected on behalf of the house. If sex happens between a Stargazer and a Patron it's up to that individual - sometimes it costs more, sometimes the Stargazer is happy to provide. It's entirely up to them.
The patrons that visit the house proper can expect the usual from a brothel - though upscaled and there's a continental breakfast in the morning for them if they choose to partake.

The House
A lovely opulent mansion with stained glass windows - might even look like it could have been a place of worship, on the outskirts of Arca to have lovely views of the wilderness. (with a decently trained set of guards to keep ne'er-do-wells out) The yard has a garden that's magicked to have flowers along with a beautiful fountain and during summer, the only non-magicked flower blooms. The stargazer lilies. 

Current Members and Ranks

The Book Keeper
Mine :)
The Nine Stargazers
*open
*open
*open
*open
*open
*open
*open
*open
*open
Garden Stargazers
The house flowers \o/ link me their profile and I'll add it.

Additional Information
The nine Stargazers aren't Spies or assassins (they totally can be if you want that), but the Book Keeper who runs the brothel pays them extra for information that might be learned by them on their outings.

All of the nine were trained for their position - as they work outside and represent the house, they're most trusted and familiar and have worked there the longest. Usually they're also the most unique/beautiful of the employees.

The Nine are first come, first serve for play. If they super duper probably won't fit, I'll let you know.

While not forbidden- The Book Keeper isn't a babysitter - interpersonal romantic relationships between courtesans are heavily discouraged.

All employees can live in the house if they choose, the fee is subtracted from their pay. (which is all made up but could be important for rp reasons)

The house does buy slaves but would never sell into slavery. Effectively, occasionally a slave is purchased from out of country but the cost is halved and placed as a 'debt'. The Book Keeper keeps track of this debt and when it's paid, half of that is given to the person and they are allowed to leave on their own or continue with their employment.

If you don't wanna play a courtesan but want to be involved - There are lots of jobs in the House! Guard. Gardener. Maids. It's all up for play.