Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Best Behavior [Spicy!]

Started by Rhindeer, April 09, 2023, 01:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"You've gotta be kiddin'—ah!" Before Pepper could properly curse her luck, because now there was a witness to her hooky-playing, Connor pulled her along with him as he dove out a side exit and into unfamiliar territory, and she had no choice but to rag doll after him.

She blinked in the sunlight, surprised to find that they were now outdoors.

This was not going the way she had imagined it.

"Whoa whoa whoa, wait! I never said I was skippin' with you!" Pepper hissed as she yanked herself free, but even as she said the words, she realized it was too late for that now. She didn't know her way around the school—certainly not well enough to know where all the side doors led!—so now, whether she wanted it or not, Connor was her guide.

And she was officially tangled up in his shenanigans.

"...but I guess too late for that now." She heaved a sigh, tugging at her hat, and cast a look around. "What's this place, anyhow? Looks all...secluded." She narrowed her eyes at him. "Sorta place murders an' shit happen."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Connor continued to pull the young woman along, dashing down the narrow cobblestone path and soon darting in-between the greenery and shrubs before taking a sharp turn and long step back behind a tall row of shrubbery that presses up against the walls of the school an opposing side from where the pair had entered. 

He motioned for her to keep quiet as his cigarette seemed to have vanished- Connor having abandoned it during their run, and he crouched down somewhat against the shrubbery in an awkward pose, partly because of his height and partly because the way the shrub grew half pressed to the wall.

He could hear the school teacher still calling from him, though it came from across the courtyard garden and he kept quiet.. simply listening.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Pepper clamped her mouth shut when Connor motioned her to be silent, but she still looked none-too-pleased about it. She was a little breathless from their run, face screwed up in irritation, but she could hear the teacher calling which meant, well...she was kind of stuck now between choosing him or choosing punishment.

She let out a small huff. "Ya wanna tell me where we're goin' at least?" she whispered.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Connor remained quiet, even a little longer after her question before he replied,"I don't know. I haven't thought that far ahead. "

And after he said it, he wore the subtlest of smiles.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Really?" Pepper hissed, eyes widening. "But, uh, ya HAVE done this before, haven't ya? Like, ya know what yer doin', right?"

visualspice

Connor blinked, actually looking surprised by her words. 
"Popped my cherry 'long time ago." He eyed her, then smirked. She looked kinda cute all wide eyed and scares.

He returned his gaze back towards the gardens, still wearing his grin.

"Maybe I just like surprises."

After a moment of quiet tension he asked, "Why, Don't trust me?"

Rhindeer

"Not even a little!" Pepper whispered back, nose still wrinkled from his 'cherry popping' remark. Unable to take it any longer, she pulled away from him and leveled a scowl at him, smoothing down her frumpy robes and fixing her hat.

"Guys don't get girls all alone fer nothin' and I ain't big on surprises."

visualspice

Connor watched her, his head having titled to one side. 

"Still don't trust me?" He chuckled silently. "Smart girl. I wouldn't trust me either."

His eyes were still trained towards the annoyed voices in the courtyard and he considered their options as he asked,"So.. You're here to learn magic. But you have to have had some kind of gift to get into this stuffy place.."

He finally slid his eyes back to her, wearing the subtlest smirk.

"What spells do you know to help get us out of our little predicament?"

Because he sure as hell knew none of his spells were subtle or had finesse. Sure, he could super charge some energy and maybe punch a whole or something into the stone wall but...

What did his new companion know? Might as well see what lessons they could learn on an escape artist survival technique. 

Rhindeer

Oh, just bloody great. It would be just her luck to get tangled up with another bad boy--never mind that a former thief like herself had once been one of the bad ones by some peoples' definitions! She wasn't sure if him validating her lack of trust made him more of less trustworthy in her eyes...wait...what the hell was that logic?!

She scratched that thought because they had more pressing matters to deal with. Those voices were drawing closer.

"What? Me? Yer s'pposed to be the guy with a plan!" she hissed out in panic, staring up at him. "Want me to grow flowers at 'em? Or turn theirs ears to stone? Or maybe--!"

Wait.

...Duh.

She was a goddamned thief. Reformed, yes, but old habits and skills never truly went away, even though she had promised that she would never ever revert to her old ways and would be a perfect little law-abiding citizen. It's why she was in college instead of in jail or worse.

But...there were exceptions to every rule...right?

She bit her lip, considering it, then looked back up st Connor. "Tell me where we're goin', and I'll get us there."

visualspice

He raised a brow as he looked down at Pepper.
"You know a teleportation spell?" If so.. color him impressed.  Even some of the best students floundered there.

Even still.. he had to smile at her ability to not shy away from helping. So he thought about. Where should they go? And he smirked as he knew the answer.

"We could always go to class."

Rhindeer

"Teleport--wha? No! And whatcha mean go to class, ya outta yer noggin?!"

But that smirk hinted that he had Ideas, and Pepper stared at him in increasing alarm, because she wasn't sure how to feel about that. Or about him!

Her face colored and she looked away, clearing her throat. Anyway, she'd gotten his hopes up about teleporting when the truth was far less impressive and a lot more stupid.

"Can't teleport, but I can hide us 'til they leave." A pause, and she added quieter, "Then I can open any lock that's stoppin' us."

visualspice

Connor raised a brow, amused.

"Even a.. classroom door?" He asked, eyes glittering with mischief.

Rhindeer

Pepper eyed Connor suspiciously, one eyebrow quirked. "...Yeah?" she said slowly, curious and cautious of that gleam in his eye. 

"Uh, why? What's so great about some classroom?"

visualspice

He gave a nonchalant shrug, looking away.  But the sparkle in his eyes were still there.

"Would be one hell of a way for the new kid to make her entrance," he murmured , thoughtfully. 

Rhindeer

The voices were growing closer. Pepper shot a nervous look their way and then looked back to Connor with wide eyes. There was no time to protest or call out the insanity of his idea; while they waffled about this, they were running out of time!

"Hold that thought 'n' be quiet!" she told him, then called upon her magic, her gift that had so much potential (so she'd been told) but which she still barely understood and struggled to control. While she still hadn't gotten a handle on the fine details and could only get it to do exactly what she wanted ten percent of the time, there was no need here for delicacy.

Her skin tingled as she felt the magic answer her, the hairs along her arms and the back of her neck prickling upright as though from a thunderstorm. Eyes squeezed shut, she begged her magic to do something, to do the thing she wanted it to do--hide them, conceal them, keep them safe--

And it kind of worked.

The ground suddenly opened beneath them with a sharp crack! and they plummeted a short distance. Pepper's yelp was swallowed by the earth as she landed hard on her ass.

And above them, the earth sealed tight.

visualspice

Well this was a predicament.  A moment later it seemed the pair might actually be caught..

Then the next- he was eating dirt and shoved unceremoniously close to the new girl like they were two fresh corpses in a grave.

Then his body began to shake a little, and although it might be hard to tell...

But Connor was laughing. 

Rhindeer

Connor landed half atop her, but it took Pepper a few breathless seconds to realize it was him and not a bunch of rocks or something. With a start, she shoved away from him—or tried. Because there was nowhere to go. The space they were in was just big enough to fit the two of them, so when she pushed him and tried to scrambled back, she only struck a wall of dirt.

"Shit!" she hissed, unable to see a damned thing in the darkness. But beside her, she could feel Connor shaking. At first she thought maybe he was afraid or something, plummeting into a dark grave-like hole and all, but then...

Wait...

Was he...?

Turning toward him, she gave his shoulder another shove. "Are ya laughin'?! This ain't funny!"

visualspice

Her denial of it's hilarity only made him laugh more violently. And he was trying *not* to be loud!

He shook his head, trying his best to stop but...
Oh, this was all just too damn funny!

"It kind of is if you think about it..." he replied, shaking some dirt from out of his face, but only more seemed to crumble inbetween them.

Rhindeer

"I thought 'bout it and it still ain't funny!" Pepper said, face flushed with mortification. "That wasn't what was s'pposed to happen!"

visualspice

Connor couldn't help himself. This was so hilarious, it almost looked like he might be crying from laughing. He eventually managed to squeeze an arm up and put a finger to his lips in a 'quieting' gesturing, eyes still twinkling as he whispered something and a faint light glowed from a necklace he wore.

"You know... we're in a magic school. We'd be wise not to draw attention to where we're hiding. In fact.. hrm.. we ought to cloak ourselves or something... well, an anti magic one. Not just dirt."