Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seeking an adventure....

Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2006, 12:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She was a bit overwhelmed by the information so readily given this early in the morning, and found herself looking between Daryt and Alere a few times.  She liked that Alere was offering her the more...normal information.  She buckled the belt around her waist and prayed she wouldn't get so dirty her father would get suspicious.

She nodded at Alere's suggestion, but before she could say anything, Daryt jumped in with the bit about the knives.  "Oh, I wouldn't steal anything," she assures him, turning to face him.  "I want to help you three, and how would stealing something help you?"  She smiled honestly.

Anonymous

"I don't mean to imply that you would steal anything. But normally we like to let people keep their basic equipment -- it's easy enough to replace, and honestly the amount of work we'll have to do from the wear and tear of inexperienced users carrying it around means it's easier to use. But enough of that, do you want to lead us somewhere?"

Anonymous

She shakes her head at his question.  "I have no idea where to go," she says.  "I'll leave it up to you three to lead me around."

((>_<  I never got an update e-mail.... sorry!))

Anonymous

"Very well then." Daryt began humming to himself, leaning over a detector while Alere handed him and Miha equipment.  Miha woke up as soon as Alere tapped her shoulder, and looked for all intents ready and alert, though she wouldn't have minded a little more sleep. The three of them prepared their equipment in the space of a few minutes, then Daryt walked off down one of the tunnels, followed by Miha and Alere.

Anonymous

She felt very silly and superfluous standing there as the three others prepared their equipment for the excavation, but it was only for a short while.  They soon disappeared down a tunnel, and she hurried after them to stay in the light.

She followed them for a little while, then decided to ask the question that had been on her mind since the night before.  "So...are you *all* mages?"

Anonymous

Miha laughed. "If you're expecting something big and flashy, only those two have powers that actually help. I can do a little trick here and there, but mostly if I need to fight I rely on my wits and my bow. Not that it comes up often, but you never know. People can get kind of crazy about their discoveries. But they have spells that help out a lot in our usual kind of work, I don't. I can help here by standing guard, since what we're doing is a little dangerous."

Anonymous

Her attention was fully on Miha and her explination.  Alright, so only Alere and Daryt were mages.  That was fine by her.

"How is this dangerous?" she asks.  They were underground; who would see Alere and Daryt using magic?

Anonymous

"Please realize that mages are just people. There are good people and there are bad people, and some of the mages are almost as bad as propaganda might make you think. We're fine for the most part, but there are people here who you need to look out for..."

Anonymous

"You mean, you're not the only ones down here?" she asks excitedly.

((blah, short....four hours of sleep.  Maybe less.  Shoosh.))

Anonymous

"Not hardly, though hopefully we won't run into any others. Those who aren't trouble stay out of each other's way, so if someone approaches, it will probably be bad. But that hardly ever happens. so you should be safe enough."

"Unless, of course," Daryt interrupted, "You want to se an evil mage?"

Anonymous

"Oh, no," Laurel replies with a vehement shake of her head.  "No, no, I don't want any trouble whatsoever."  Of course it went without saying that if she was ever found out, she would undoubtedly be turned in (even by her own father), held hostage, tortured, perhaps, just for information about these mages.  Would she ever give them up?  ....probably not, if they continued to prove themselves good the way they were doing now.

Anonymous

"Well, good, because we don't want any trouble, do we?" Dayrt gave Alere a friendly poke. "At least, I don't. Now come on, I think I've found something." Daryt took off down the tunnel, humming to himself, held a variety of instruments over a clump of dirt, and then took out a brush and began to clear it away. "Here, give me a hand. More than likely we've found somebody's useless contraband, but it might be useful. Interesting, anyway".

Anonymous

Laurel followed Daryt, eager to be of use, but when he asked for assistance, she was at a loss.  She looked at the odd tool in her hands.  Was she supposed to help using this thing?

"Welll....what do you want me to do?" she asks.  "How can I help?"

((Oh gods, I'm so sorry I took so long to post here.... >_<  But I think I have an idea to make this board interesting at some point.))

Anonymous

"Take one of the brushes and start getting this stuff off. Be careful, you could cause irreparable value to a priceless treasure," Daryt smiled brightly at the absurdity of this idea, "But more likely, you'll sneeze on somebody's lunchbox or something."

((Well, let's hear it then.))

Anonymous

((Well, they've warned about those with less-than-honorable or kind intentions.... so why not drag one in?  I can't think of much else to do, aside from having Laurel's father eventually find out that she's been helping magic-users, but I don't want that to happen right away.))

Daryt's attitude interested her.  Being so nonchalant about possibly damaging an important artifact....what an odd archaeologist he was.  She pulled out some brushes from her pouch on her belt and began carefully brushing dust away.  "Like this?"

((Once again, my apologies for the delayed reply...))

Anonymous

"Yes, yes, excellent!" He really was an odd one, but then they all were in their own ways. He just talked the most. He beamed and stood back, looking around the tunnel and wondering just how great a day it was going to be.

((I have no room to complain about delayed responses. My deepest apologies. If you wanna let this die, let me know, otherwise I'm up to continuing where we left off. And we can continue trying to pull someone in or... whatever.))