Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Three Dogs, A Mob, And Far Too Much Noise

Started by Anonymous, May 17, 2006, 04:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Cestus had to work quite hard to stop himself from falling over in amazement. The sword...the sword...his brain didn't seem to want to finish that thought. Every time he tried to do it, the last few words invariably disappeared in a crackling mess.  

The sword...it could talk.

He looked at Ano. Then he looked down at the sword - Sivad, as Ano seemed to like calling it. Then he looked back at Ano. He shook his head wearily and buried his face in his hands.

"What the fuck have I gotten myself into now?"

Anonymous

"You sir have just entered hell" Ano said quietly, "my personal hell and that of my friend here." He gestured at the sheathed Sivad.

Anonymous

Cestus might have been crude. He might have been loud. He might have been violent, and it was widely argued that he possessed no tact whatsoever. In fact, he was all of these things at precisely the same time...but the trouble was, he couldn't help being basically honourable whilst he was doing it. His mind was telling him to run a long, long way away from this young man, and leave him to his fantasyland, but having promised to follow Ano to the ends of the earth, he had no option but to follow through on his word.

He tried to be as flippant. At least that might disguise his uncertainty.

"I assume hell's somewhere southwards from here, then?"

Anonymous

"To the south and east Cestus..." Ano sighed "To where it all began I believe, he has traveled back there, the one we seek"
 Still limping he started down the road, he thought he heard Cestus following but he didn't care he was lost in the memories of his childhood.

*Flashback*

"Davis!? Davvviiisss? Where are you?" a young Ano called. He was atop a cliff over looking the ocean.

"Here Ano" a soft yet powerful voice echoed over the crash of the waves below. Ano turned he never could see Davis very well in the dark, his black fur hid him completely. Amber eyes gazed patiently at him from the shadows. "I Think Ano that it is time to leave Thanatos... RUN ANO RU-"

*End flashback*

Ano turned back to see Cestus looking shocked. He felt Sivad pulse with energy and he realized his memory had been broadcasted...Would this days unpleasantries never end?
 He doubted us Sivad whispered But he only needed a little proof

Anonymous

Cestus stroked his chin thoughtfully. Madness it may have been, but Ano's particular brand of insanity still had some method in it. It was merely buried very, very deeply. "This Davis...he's really Sivad, isn't he?" He held Ano's gaze for as long as he could. "The voices are the same. Davis is Sivad and Sivad is Davis...a part of Davis, anyway." He smiled grimily. "I'm not even going to ask which part."

The scimitar was a mage's weapon. There were mages all over the place, even here in Connlaoth...but Cestus was fairly sure that only one place where there were enough free mages for such a thing to be possible. Unfortunately, it also happened to be the one place in the known world where he was outright forbidden - on pain of a slow and exceptionally horrible death - to return.

He realised that Ano might have been right when he called this a kind of hell. His personal hell was very similar. It consisted chiefly of tall buildings with twisted gargoyles (or possibly real demons) and carvings of skulls on every wall by way of decoration, and a dark, still sea that stank of death rather than salt.

They were a cheerful lot in Necromantia, really.

Anonymous

"Yes Sivad is Davis... well his soul anyway" Ano's eyes grew misty "A reflection of his soul more like a twisted mirror image that is in constant pain"
 Ano bowed his head. "But come now we must leave this place and make haste toward Thanatos... the mage we seek rarely stays in one place long..."