Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chance Encounter

Started by Anonymous, June 02, 2006, 12:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

From where he was, Enki was practically invisible against the night sky.  Only possible way to see him would be by noticing him eclipsing stars, and for now Enki didn't worry that they were going to be able to target him like that.

Instead, his attention was inexorably drawn to what seemed to be the largest group of the slavers, who seemed intent on something more than his little prison break.  Swooping in closer on silent wings, Enki took in the situation.  Wow, he thought, grinning.  Who'd've thought she had it in her?  Kurenai just killed that guy with his own weapon.  More to her than meets the eye, I guess.

However, Kurenai's follow-through left a lot to be desired.  She was now holding a bloody weapon standing over a body while the fallen man's armed companions advanced on her with weapons at the ready.

Still, though, that left their backs exposed, since they couldn't imagine there was more than one foe in the area.  Enki tucked his wings in and dove groundward, peeling up at the last moment and careening into a guard, arms held in front to take Enki's share of the impact, at least.  That sent the other down for the count, though, as Enki recovered and stood up, looking for all the world like a demon rising out of Hell.

That gave him a moment's time, at least.  Enki grabbed Kurenai, fairly roughly just by necessity, and quickly took off.  "Hold still, my lady," he murmured.  "I can't carry the weight of two people very long, though, but I can get us awa for the moment."

Anonymous

Kurenai squeaked and dropped the sword. She held onto him, grabbing his shoulders firmly. Her eyes were closed as she hid her face into his chest, scared to look down. She never ever flied before, the cold air swirled around her skin, playing with her long hair.

Jairo roared, standing on the ground. He was very mad; loosing two expensive slaves wasn't part of his plans. "Shoot him down! I don't care if he'll break every of his bones. None laughs on Jairo and leaves alive." He yelled on the archer.

Carefully aiming, the slaver released an arrow and then another one. Very soon the air was full of many arrows which purpose was to hurt the winged man. Suddenly Kurenai moaned, an arrow stuck in her back. Luckily for Enki, Kurnai's body covered his heart, otherwise he would be dead now. But Kurenai paid for being alive shield. Her body hanged in his arms weekly as blood streaming from her mouth angle.

Anonymous

Wounded or no, the two vanished into the darkness of the night.  As soon as he dared, Enki landed, breathing heavily, and immediately checked Kurenai.  A far cry from the demented warrior that had smacked Jairo and his folllowers around, Enki now seemed scared and worried.  "Kurenai?  Kurenai!"  He felt the arrow wound, uncertain of what to do.  "Kurenai!  Don't die on me!"  Even since the loss of Damkina, Enki had a horrific phobia of those close to him, especially women, dying.  True, he hadn't known Kurenai long--more than a few minutes, really, but somehow he'd begun to identify with her.

"Can you... can you heal yourself?  Like you did with me?"  Enki's medical knowledge wasn't spectacular, but from what he could tell, Kurenai would be in serious, and probably fatal, trouble if she wasn't able to.

Anonymous

"I can..If you'll pull the arrow out." She whispered loudly. A second later he pulled out the projectile, causing her to whine in voice. She fainted on her stomach, still trembling with pain.

After a short rest Kurenai was able to raise her head. She took a deep breath, scooping her powers from his sincere worry for her life. The wound started to close, leaving only a hole as mark. "Thank you for saving me again." The woman said, bursting in a hug. That made her to realize how much the healing drained from her. Kurenai leaned on Enki and signed, falling asleep.

Anonymous

Enki hugged her back, softly.  "Well, sleep well, I suppose, Kurenai."  He softly stroked her hair, and leaned back.  He didn't let himself fall asleep, though.  They were still far too close and too exposed for comfort.  Anyone could happen upon them, and they'd be unlikely to escape from that group so easily a second time, if at all.

Still, Kurenai and Enki were both too tired to get further away, and Enki would have been loathe to, anyway.  That freak has my dragonstone, he thought, his eyes narrowing from the soft look they had with Kurenai to his more martial side.  I will not let anyone defile Damkina's last remnant.  If need be, I'll cut every last one of their throats, one by one, during the night.  I think I can probably get it back before it comes to that, but better safe than sorry.  I have all the time in the world, after all.

Absently stroking Kurenai's hair, Enki waited for her to wake.

Anonymous

It took her a few hours of sleep to feel energetic again. Kurenai sleepily yawned and sat, looking around. She noticed Enki near by, watching her. It seemed like the man stayed awoke all this time, watching over them.

"You not slept at all, you'll be tired." She said shyly. "I sorry for falling asleep, I just felt really exhausted." The girl tried to justify herself. Enki smiled.  "I'll be fine.  I can go a day or two without sleep or eating without problems.  You just looked like you needed the rest more."

Kurenai smiled back "I causing you so much trouble. Thank you for saving me again." Enki brushed her cheek with his hand.  "It's okay.  It's a nice change of pace to have someone be glad to see me.  Don't worry about it."  

Suddenly she broke and leaned on him, whimpering, letting out the tears of fear and stress she hid all this time. For some reason she felt safer when Enki, who proved himself as a good protector, was near. Enki, for his part, held her gently for a bit.  "I'm afraid you'll have to let me go sooner or later, here--I left something important behind, and I'm gonna have to go get it."

"What?! We have to go back? Please no, they will kill us." She protested in voice, her wide-open eyes staring at him in disbelief.  Enki's hand brushed against the vacant space below his neck.  "You can stay," he told her.  "I wouldn't want you to get hurt.  But what they took was far more precious to me than my arms or wings.  I must retrieve it."  Kurenai looked at him for a moment and then nodded. "I owe you, I'll come with you. But promise me that you'll kill me before they'll put their hands on me. I won't be able to stand being some pet." Enki looked her dead in the eye.  "Tell me if you mean that.  If it comes to that and that's what you want, I will kill you." Kurenai smiled bitterly "I mean it. Let's go?"