Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Stormy Interloper (Open to mass chaos)

Started by Anonymous, June 04, 2006, 09:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

ooc:  YAAAY!  JESTER COME AND SAVE US!!!

He was pleased to feel his feet contact with the mage's chest, but Tobre's breath quickened as his ankles were grabbed.  The man's next words were enough to turn his blood cold, and that was even before the pain.  The first touch of electricity coursed through his body like a stream of boiling water running through his veins.  His body jerked in the mans hold and he lost control over his limbs.

Everything was pain, every second that the lightning passed through him made him feel as if his heart was on fire as it beat irratically.  He had to gain control! He could feel his life slipping away...but he couldn't die here!  No!  This was not over!  He had to see this man was destroyed and before that he would not give up!

Through his frying brain, Tobre forced himself to move and he let go of the staff, jerking in the mans hold until he crashed to the ground, rolling away in the direction of a gentle slope in the street.

After that he laid still, his limbs shaking spuratically with the residual effects of the electricution.  He saw the world through a red haze and as much as he tried to move, he couldn't force himself to even twitch his fingers.  His hair smelled like it had been burned along with the unifom he had been issued....but besides create random thoughts Tobrecan was out of action...at least for now...

Even now his veins still felt like the were about to explode....but he knew that he was out of reach, he wasn't being touched by that crazed mage....yet....he could still feel himself fade....slowly...but his mind was slowly swirling into oblivion.

Anonymous

(That's one down. I wonder how far I can get untill I'm faced with a situation I can't BS out of.)

Shango laughed, stomping his foot down onto the drum in triumph and hearing a shatter instead of a BADUMP.

With a surprised cry he fell through the drum, hitting the ground hard. Realization dawned on him. That...WENCH! She'd frozen...his...

His body began to bulge, growing bigger...and bigger..his muscles expanding, lighthing coursing across him like veins, his eyes turning a pale white, and he raised his staff into the air, roaring to the heavens.

The heavens answered.

An intense blast of light engulfed him, and arc after arc after arc shot out of him, destroying buildings left and right, ripping the street up from underneath him, sending remains of market stalls flying, reducing a group of nearby militia to smoldering ash.

He had turned his body into a superconducter, focusing blast after blast of lighting out into the street. Getting close to him was impossible now.

Goldie

ooc:  just a warning because it's getting very close, be careful about god moding ^_~  now I shall be playing the part of the NPC army, bwaha.  After other people post of course!

Anonymous

(Yeah. I'm playing the near God-Modding line because I've designed this guy to be the kind of threat that takes multiple PCs to take down. He's like a supervillain! But, since Connoloath is all EVIL cause they don't like magic, maybe he's a super hero?)

Anonymous

((Don't wait for Teylud posts, he's pretty much just gonna be involved with whatever the army's doing. Unless you need someone else to NPC the army, which seems unlikely, he'll just occassional have something to say.

...how are there no Mordecai again?))

Anonymous

Kieran might have coped with the thought of someone destroying the city and being thought of as a slave, but he without any doubt could not cope with all that combined and a man-bull added into the mix. A loud man-bull.

He was still busy bewailing his ill fortune mentally when something flew straight into his head, knocking him out. This was just not his day, and being unconscious with buildings falling all around him was definitely not wise.

Anonymous

Swallowing hard, Kaminari took an involuntary step away from the minotaur, quite thankful that his attention was not centered on her. Sure, he'd included her in the censorous statement he's made, but really, it wasn't her fault that this insane man was destroying the city. She should get some credit for trying to stop him, right? Her feathers ruffled then slicked down several times, betraying her growing sense of annoyance. She could probably match the drummer with brute magic if she had to -or if she had no regard for anything around her. At least her methods weren't simply geared for mass destruction.

Partially lifting, then resettling her wings, she let her breath out in a loud huff, trying to come up with another idea. Flat out blasting something with raw power was such an unattractive method of dealing with a problem. Not only was finesse infinitely more impressive, the valkyrie just did not like killing something just to kill it. Disabling was an acceptable alternative of course, she just had to figure out the best way to do so.

She wiped her face on her sleeve, feeling intense satisfaction when the dark-hued male stomped on his drum and it shattered. A pleased smirk even graced her features for several moments, swiftly wiped out by his latest 'trick'. Vaporizing entire groups of people? Knocking out that harmless boy? Picking on someone who could defend themself was one thing, but purposefully harming defenseless people, that was not acceptable.

Her gray eyes narrowed again, her wings flaring ever so slightly as she stalked relentlessly forward, intent on her target. Lightning flared brightly around her silhouette, blazing across her body as she drew the energy into herself. The trapped energy flickered eerily underneath her skin, minute blue sparks again arcing between strands of her hair and cascasding over her wings. Sinking as deeply into her magic as she dared to go, it was quite obvious why Kaminari had been named something that meant 'thunder woman'.

The frozen ground thawed almost immediately as she trod over it, her flame red hair flaring out from her head as she drew in the powerful forces. This was not something she could keep up for long, but for now, it hopefully meant that the city would not be as devastated as this man clearly intended for it to be. She took the lightning's power and channeled it through her body into the ground, making some of it (what she could control anyway) harmless. She couldn't control the entire electirical storm by any means, but she did her best, bearing down on the madman.

She had only the vaguest idea of what she could actually do to him once she got close enough; try and pull the lightning energy from him and send it to the ground perhaps? Or maybe try and touch him, then get him cold enough to where his discomfort made him stop this horrid behavior? Kaminari certainly hoped the goddess was looking out for her today. Just for good luck she breathed a prayer; 'goddess bless and may the darkness be merciful'.

Anonymous

Shango turned slowly, his body coursing with electrical fury, breathing hard already trying to control the awsome power flowing through him. He could...sense...something.

He saw her approaching, and he growled angrily, raising his staff and pointing it at her.

"WENCH! You broke my drum...and for that insolence, I will break YOU!"

He roared, the staff enveloped in blue light as he swung it at her with lightning speed, jabbing and thrusting and swinging and smashing it at her, like a berserk bull.

Goldie

Reinforcements had arrived and they were slowly surrounding the bezerk mage that was terrorizing the village.  THey had already evacuated the people, and helped those who needed it, but now it was time to destroy the threats that had infiltrated their perfect society.  It was time that this meddler realized that he was no welcome and his death was upon him.

The General motioned to his men and they immediately lifted their rifles, aiming steadily at the blaring ball of lightning standing in the middle of the ruined street.  Not even lightnight could stop the speed of a bullet, and, if anything, the added heat would only help injure the mage.  The metal would conduct the electricity running through him, and luckily, the bullets would react to the added heat.  These were special weapons that, when heated, they would explode into tiny shards that would fly at the opponent, attacking him from multiple angles other than the direction in which the bullet was flying.  With twenty men lined up and aiming, there was no chance that they would miss.

Raising his arm, the men lifted the rifles up to their shoulders and aimed...waiting for the final signal....the arm came down...

"FIRE!"

Anonymous

Instinctively flinching away, the valkyrie brought her arm up quickly, hastily backpedalling as he attacked with his staff. She caught a hard rap on her forearm and another on the knee as she tried to get out of the way -physical attacks and defenses were not her strong suit. Her wings snapped out to their fullest extension, their powerful downbeat taking her a few inches off the ground. It took a few more strokes, but she was finally hovering overhead, out of reach of his staff.

Protectively holding her injured arm close to her chest, she winced, hoping it was only a bad bruise and not a break. Her breath came faster now, as she strove to control her flight and wield her magic. A fine sheen of sweat had broken out over her face and the electricity over her figure slowly died down. A few blue-white flickers could be seen now and then, but the lightning no longer flashed beneath her skin.

Taking a deep breath, she thought of arctic wastes and blue glaciers, of frozen tundra and giant icebergs. She thought of fierce winter blizzards that could last for days and of cold so intense that even snow couldn't form. She called to mind the delicate patterns frost could trace and the implacable power of an avalanche. Slowly, because she was tiring, the temperature began to drop. For about a 30 foot radius around her, the air began to chill, causing her breath to appear momentarily as a white streamer hanging in the sky.

As the cold reached the ground, warmed by the recent infusions of lightning into it, a thick, heavy fog built rapidly, eddying about the rubble and bodies on the ground. It swirled around, pushed by the impact of heat and cold, growing ever thicker. Snowflakes formed and fell, originating from a point just above the woman's head. The snow was large and fell heavily, blending into the gray-white fog that swirled eerily about.

Distantly, she heard the sharp staccato of multiple gunshots, but the sound was muffled, as if she were hearing the reverbrations through water, rather than air.  Feeling calm and detached, a remote part of her brain noticed the squad of men that had appeared and was now firing at the other mage, cooly pointing out that when they were finished with him, they would no doubt turn their attentions to her.

Anonymous

Shango noticed, with a small amount of relief, taht the cold magics had frozen a great deal of the bullets. Blood poured from a large hole in his shoulder, but the pain was nothing.

These soldiers were much better prepared, his lightning wouldn't stop their bullets. The electricity around him faded and as the fog obscured him from sight, a wicked grin crossed his dark face.

Moving with considerable speed, he lurched forward, grabbing the girl and wrapping his arm around her neck, shouting. His voice boomed out, coming from all directions.

"I have a hostage in here! Fire again and you risk killing her as well!"

He leaned close, whispering in her ear.

"If you try to break free, they'll fire...and we both die. Play along and I'll let you live."

He grinned harshly, hoping the guards didn't already know she was a mage. So far, these guys were all new to the location...meaning his bluff may pay off.

Anonymous

(OOC: I really don't see how the mage man could have grabbed the girl when she was flying overhead. I'd suggest reading others posts before posting.)

The minotaur was oddly ignored by almost everyone. Even after quaking the area. This was indeed a bizzare kingdom. He'd still have to make his peace, no matter what. The brutish mage continued his destructive ways and this infuriated the minotaur.
"By my name, Bullathra Hornadango, I will not stand for such childishness. Will I have to cut you down to prevent anymore pain?" The minotaur announces before he lifts his massive axe of the ground. Once the enormous weapon was on his shoulder, he begins to charge headlong at the dark-skinned mage. Once in range, the giant bull of a man swings the massive battle axe in the mage's direction. There's no way to stop a ten foot minotaur's momentum, unless you were bigger. Bullathra was blinded by rage. He didn't pay any heed to the woman in the dark-skinned man's grasp. It's far too late to stop if he did notice.

Goldie

(ooc: yeah...she did fly away....but  *shrug*  I guess if it's ok with ruffian....I've missed things before too XD )

The General motioned for his men to reload, preparing for the next attack.  It was clear that their attacks had worked and it was only a matter of time before they would shoot him down.  Unfortunately that other winged creature had ruined nearly half of the bullets so the shards did not spread nearly as far as they could have hoped.  Oh well....perhaps the next round would be better....

As the soldiers reloaded their weapons they stopped, staring up at the giant minotaur they had somehow managed to miss during the light show....and now that crazed mage seemed to have a hostage....like that mattered!  They were all magic users!  All of them were a threat to society and must be exterminated!

"Reload!" barked the general when he noticed their hesitation and immediately the men went back to work.  After they had reloaded they aimed and waited for the command.

"Fire!"  the sound of twenty riffles fired at the three mages.

Tobrecan forced himself to open his eyes and see what was going on.  Every part of his body ached and he felt as if he had been thrown off of a cliff and stomped on by elephants.  His limbs had stopped twitching but he knew that whatever movement he could muster he would have to do it now before everything swirled into darkness.  With a grunt he turned onto his stomach and tried to slid away from the targets the army was aiming for.....if he only had his gun he would be able to join them...but for now he knew that he just needed to get out of the way.  His head spun with the small amount of movement and his arms shook, giving out a few seconds after he had raised himself.  It was no use....he wouldn't be able to crawl away on his own.....damnit...this was not how he had invisioned it!  That monster was still standing and here he was out of action for good!  And it was more than out of action...he knew that if he wasn't helped soon there would be no help....the electricution had rattled him, inside and out....it would only be a matter of time before his strength failed and it was over.....perminately.

Anonymous

(She's flying? I did miss that in her last post, I read her walking towards him. Well, I'll edit it tomorrow, if she objects. You could always say he leapt in the air...? I dunno.)

Anonymous

((ooc: I think I found a way to work in being grabbed, let me know if it's powerplaying. :) ))

When you're tired, it's easy to miss things. Even important things, like the fact that you're no longer as high up as you thought you were. So, when the bleeding man jumped up and grabbed her ankle, Kaminari was not prepared for the abrupt increase in weight and was unceremoniously yanked down out of the air, the snow cutting off abruptly as her concentration faltered. A loud yelp was startled out of her as his grip tightened and transferred from her ankle to her neck.

Her hands instinctively flew up to pull ineffectually at his restraining arm, causing a sudden blaze of pain from her injured forearm. Sucking her breath in with a soft gasp, the valkyrie returned to cradling her injured arm, momentarily going limp in his grasp. As he spoke, she twisted her head around to shoot a vicious glare at her captor, slowly straightening to her full height. Distastefully glancing at the blood dripping down from his shoulder, she pulled as far away as she could, trying to avoid touching him as much as was possible.

She would not play along with his little games -he had been doing his level best to kill her only moments before, now she was supposed to believe that he wouldn't kill her? Right. Taking stock of her immediate situation was not promising. The fog still swirled, but without her power adding to it, it was quickly dissappating and she didn't have the magical reserves to continue having it obscure her. She only had the strength left for one magical working -or perhaps two, depending on the size and duration of each.

Hearing and feeling the thud of immense hoofbeats, Kaminari swung around, plastering her wings as far down as they could possibly go. They might end up being her only way out of here and she didn't want them damaged. The remaining shreds of fog parted to reveal the monstrous shape of the charging minotaur, much to her dismay and horror. If that axe came down -even if it didn't hit her directly- she would bet that it wouldn't be an experience she would live to tell about. For the minotaur, slicing through two beings probably wouldn't be much different than slicing through one, which meant that she was a temporary and unwilling ally to her captor.

Anonymous

(OOC:Ack! I'm sorry, my mum pulled apart our computer and it was dead for a bit longer than i expected, so i havnt posted for while.)

Kerrigan couldn’t help grinning while he watched the action. The other mages had pretty much forgotten him, or so it seemed, so he had decided to simply sit back and watch. He sat a few metres back with his knees tucked up to his chest. Destruction was so fun. He itched to get into it himself, but watching was enjoyable for now.

Drums shattered, guns fired, strange bird-women were yelled at then grabbed by large men wielding lightning, all with Kerrigan just sitting on the sidelines. That was fine by him. Until he got shot, of course. A round of bullets tore from the rifles held by the contingent of soldiers. The first did nothing; the second rounds special bullets, however, were unexpected. A few were stopped by their intended target, the lighting man, but several whizzed past, towards Kerrigan. Magic flared when they approached, energy in the form of white flame. Instead of disintegrating the projectiles shattered, still flying towards him.

With his shield pierced Kerrigan was completely defenceless. He yelped as clusters of tiny shards tore into him. He reeled backwards, falling onto the pavement. Clenching his jaw, Kerrigan rolled to his feet. He winced as the shards tore at him like tiny daggers with every movement. Using the last of the mist as cover he bolted sideways, towards the nearest building. Ducking into the space that would have been an alley, if the next building wasn’t currently a smoking ruin, Kerrigan took shelter.

He leaned against the wall, studying his wounds. His breath came in shallow gasps. He would have to work fast, he was pretty cut up. He took his time, drawing out the shards with a little magic until he was sure none were still inside. There was little in the way of life nearby, except for what clung to the walls. Not enough for healing certainly. He focused, drawing on his own strength to heal himself.

Slowly, the wounds began to heal, sealing up and leaving no trace of their existence, save for the holes in his clothing and a little blood. Slumping back against the wall he panted, sweat covering his flushed face. Healing was certainly not Kerrigan's forte. He needed energy, and he needed it now. Staggering to his feet he surveyed the area. The clump of soldiers was a little way away and they could not see him where he was. Slipping from building to ruined building Kerrigan snaked his way down to the men. He was about halfway there when he noticed something he had overlooked before. A soldier, one of the two he had seen earlier, was crouching behind a bit of wall. It was obviously not the one who had tried to attack.

This one would do, his energy could restore that which Kerrigan himself had used up in healing. He slipped up silently, his dark skin blending with the shadows. When he was close enough, Kerrigan leaped. He landed in front of the lone soldier, trying to pin the arm in which he held his gun back against the wall. He immediately drew the power he needed, sapping it from the soldier like a leech sucks blood from its host. He fed on the mans energy, his life force, draining the soldier. He would feel weak, like he had just run a marathon. Kerrigan was momentarily paralysed as he consumed the energy. He could not take it all, but he was still trying to take a lot, and that was no easy task.

Anonymous

"Ahhh...shit..."

Shango waited. The Minotaur grew closer...and closer...the axe looked awfully sharp...awfully big...

Really. Really. Big.

He was gonna swing...then Shango tapped the ground with his staff. Both her and the girl disappeared, reappearing about three yards behind the Minotaur.

With a mighty shout Shango launched a barrage of lightning straight at the Minotaur's back.

Anonymous

(ooc: psst, rent, its an axe i beleive)

Anonymous

Bullathra's axe hit the ground and nothing else. Although, the impact cased a light tremor in the area. Not as full forced as the previous one. One he realized that he had missed it was too late as the full on impact of the barrage of lightning rammed into his back. Still holding onto his axe with his single arm, he stumbles forward onto one knee until the lightning disappates. Bullathra take a bit of time to slowly stand back up onto his hooves as his back sizzles from the impact. He stumbled back as a few bullets sinked into his hulking mass.
Just like humans to misjudge someone who's helping them. The minotaur was well aware of the Anti-magic culture of the kingdom. He's also aware that he lacks the knowledge of any magic, whatsoever. He regains his footing yet again, after having recieved so much abuse. He wasn't about to give up too soon. If he is to die this day, it will be for a good cause. Bullathra slowly turns around to glare at the dark-skinned mage.
His eyes now lack the pupils and even the irises as they are engulfed in the sea of white glow. Rage has completely overcome the peacful traveller. And he is about to show Shango just how far he will go to stop destruction of a peaceful kingdom. The minotaur begins to charge at the mage, yet again. His axe, up on his shoulder, ready to swing once more.
His bullet holes ooze blood from his right shoulder, his chest, and his only arm. Once in range again, the minotaur swings his axe with another attempt to bring down the mage. He will not stop until either the mage or himself are dead or unconscious.

Anonymous

Shango blinked again, staring at the Minotaur.

"Son...of...a...bitch..."

He ran to the side, waving the staff over his head as he dragged the girl into a nearby alleyway.

The storm was on its own now, its chaotic powers now longer controlled, but wild and free. Rain began to pour now, locked up by Shango's power, in a deep, drenching downpour.

A hiding survivor remarked dryly as he watched.

"If Reajh doesn't get blow to pieces, it could get drowned. This is just a bad day."