Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Stormy Interloper (Open to mass chaos)

Started by Anonymous, June 04, 2006, 09:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Kaminari cooperated with the mage as far as getting away from the minotaur -hanging back now would not help her get out of this mess alive. She held her injured arm protectively to her chest, momentarily considering the possibility of learning to fight. That would certainly help in future situations like this, should she encounter one. But then, whacking people was so uncivilized and... and... and it just plain wasn't any fun! Still, shooting the mage a scowl as he dragged her down the alley, learning to fight certainly would have its uses.

Once they were away from the immediate threat, she considered how best to get away; she wasn't going to stay with this crazy man any longer than necessary and there was still that helpless boy out there somewhere. If he hadn't been burnt to a crisp, that is. Dragging her feet, she resisted going in the same direction as Shando, unfurling her wings as strongly as she could. Their twenty foot wingspan was not insignificant and hopefully would help shove her out of his grasp. Or it might just startle him and let her twist away. Either option would be nice; she refused to consider the possibility that her little ploy might fail.

With her one good hand she shoved soggy strands of hair out of her face, her expression extremely digruntled. This storm was not going to mess up the weather patterns in this area like the odd man messed up the city with his out-of-control magic. She had already dispersed the unnatural weather twice, apparently she would have to do it a third time.

Muttering some rather foul expressions under her breath, she waited, re-considering her position. It would probably not do any good to squash this storm immediately -her magical reserves were low enough that something like taking the storm elsewhere would deplete her remaining strength. Strength that might be needed for her to escape this damaged city and find a safer place to work her magic from.

((ooc: sorry! I couldn't get SOTE to come up for some reason- it kept saying the server was having problems))

Anonymous

It was only understandable that a being such as Diana would find her way to such a scenario eventually. The ex-Valkayre had traveled quite a long time, like some sort of lost soul, mourning her innability to control those warrior spirits that caused her to be banished from her offices as a high ranking valkayre.

By pure luck alone she found herself in the road towards the capital city of Reajh, something that she would actually avoid if she could help since capital cities usually meant people and people meant interaction. She would have shuddered at the thought being the shy being that she was, but on her current situation of despair she could care little let alone actually notice where she was going. Her little delicate feet trudged with clumsy steps the road towards the capitol and after gasping and raising her arm to wipe some sweat of her forehead she proptly hit a rock and fell to the ground pitifully.

She raised her head with tear filled eyes looking as if she was in the brink of crying and as she did, Diana raised her hand to let out a red ball of energy into the ground. Said sphere of crimson light spiraled violently as it reached the floor and it started taking a huge humanoid shape. It soon materialized to reveal its true form, a three meter tall ogre.

"Please pick me up" Whispered Diana and the giant gently obeyed taking the girl by her waist and sitting her on his broad shoulders.  The little valkayre's next movement was to send a green orb of light towards the ground. It had the same effect as the red one but this one turned into a very insane looking elven archer, a broad animalistic grin plastered on his face. "Lead us to a nearby city to rest" Commanded the valkayre and the elven tracker nodded rapidly as he started following the obvious tracks that led to the city, the ogre carrying Diana quickly behind his steps. The girl yawned and quickly went to sleep cuddling on the ogre's hairy mane.

"Dang son! Do ya smell dat!?" The archer sniffed the air as they approached Reajh

"Ya! It be smelling like smoke and lotsa lotsa charred flesh me thinks" His ogre companion commented

"And for all de screaming going on, looks like de town is getting attacked or somethin' " Both the elf and the ogre looked at each other and cried out in unison

"AWESOME!"

In a matter of seconds the two of them (and a very asleep Diana) arrived in the town square witnessing all the chaos. Normaly the guards would have done something when an ogre just barged through their main gate, but it seemed they were currently busy with another affair.
The elven archer grinned maniacially as they reached the main plaza and he watched the chaos unfold. Though only the scattered charred bodies and destroyed building were left, there were plenty of soldiers running and around plus several strange individuals such as that huge minotaur.

"Looks like a friggin cyclone juss' passed through de place eh?" The archer grinned and seeing to increase the chaos further he pulled out his bow loading it with a dozen of arrows and aimed
"Duhh..Hold up! Who joo gonna shoot at?" The ogre looked puzzled
"I dunno, lemme fire 'couple shots and see who shoots back a'ight homie?"
"Huh! Dat smartz! Otey joo go ahead and do it"

After debating their very common sense filled plan. The elf licked his lips as he aimed a dozen arrows to the crowd and opened fire upon the soldiers, the minotaur and anybody else who was not taking cover. Diana in the mean time was still sleeping on the ogre's shoulders.

((OOC: Hi boss!!))

Anonymous

(I'm waiting on the minotaur to post.)

Goldie

(yeah....I kinda can't do anything yet....)

Anonymous

(Oh, my bad! I thought I was waiting on someone else.)

The mage escaped the swing again, but Bullathra was prepared for that. Instead of the axe hitting the ground, he brings it down in a diagonal angel to miss the ground. with the swinging force, he continues to spin around on good time to release the axe. With this action, the battle ax is sent, hurdling towards the mage and the winged woman, down the alleyway. A couple arrows somehow find themselved imbedded in the minotaur's hide, but he seems as if nothing happened. Once again, Bullathra begins to charge in the mage's direstion. This time, his axe way ahead of himself.

Anonymous

"Hell's bells!"

Shango ducked, pulling the girl with him, feeling the wind blow over his head as the heavy axe sailed like a heavy missle overhead.

He pushed the girl aside, standing and walking back out into the plaza, lightning coursing about his muscular frame, his eyes flashing bright white. He held aloft his staff, grinning wide.

"Come now, I've enough games. If a hairy beast with the mind of an ant is the only thing standing between me and my desires, then I shall simply annhilate you."

His grin grew a little wider...more sinister.

"Besides...methinks I'm need of a new fur cloak."

Anonymous

"Dang did you see dat! Dat mo'fogger took like six arrows on the gut and he didn't flinch he is one tough mo'frigg" The elven archer giggled excitedly as he loaded his bow again

"This entire place be looking like battle field. Me no have seen so many soldiers in long time" Came an annoyed grumble of the ogre behind him who was still carrying a very sleepy valkayre

Not very surprisngly their half baked plan had failed. True the elf had scored plenty of hits on the minotaur and maybe a couple of the soildiers now resembled hedgehogs but none had fired back at them which left them very confused as to what would be their next plan. It would appear that withouth their girlish leader, they were pretty much strategially impared

"Less follow de guy and see wazzup" The crazy looking elf suggested as he made a dash towards the speeding minotaur, ignoring all other threats or bystanders in need of help. The ogre close behind him also in a similar selfish state of mind like his companion, even stepping on a fallen soldier who had apparently being electrified making a crunching sound. He kept his head low to protect his sleeping mistress still perched on his back. They both came to a screeching halt looking at the minotaur's back, there were other people in front of him whom he was apparently chasing but neither of them could see quite well their features. The ogre despite being almost a muscled as this minotaur was only 8 feet tall and thus could not quite see what was going.

The ogre poked the elf with a giant finger in the back "Shoot 'im again Dorado"

The elf twitched as he was being poked and loaded the bow once again "AY! Keep yer hands to yerself man! Yer gonna mess up ma' aim, knaw what I mean?"

He had a clear shot on the minotaur and he did not plan on waisting it. Aiming a dozen arrows more he aimed carefully, his hawk like eyes scanning the beast back for weak points. His pupils dilated  spotting a target, two arrows where sent to his left shoulder to strike at the tendons, one for each hoove going for the back joint, three for the dorsal spine and finally six going straight for the back of the bull's cranium. If that connected and didn't kill him then it could only mean he was God like. The ogre watched eagerly the arrows flying while the valkyrie who was supposed to be controlling them was still asleep.

It would appear now obvious why she had been discharged from her duty as valkayre.

The actions commited by her Einherjar could be described as just random and completely lacking purpose whatsoever

Anonymous

(OOC: I'm actually trying to be fair at this, but way the newcomer is posting is making it seem impossible for such. First of all, a couple means two, not six. Second of all, when I refer to hide, I mean around the back range, not the gut. And it doesn't matter how good of a marksman anyone is, but there is no way in hell anyone call aim a dozen arrows perfectly. Powerplay will not be tolerated and if any more persists, I'm going to end this thread and lock it.)

Goldie

ooc:  Hey hey...there's no need to get so angry!  Escuerdo has only posted 5 times and everyone makes powerplaying mistakes at one point or another.  I don't think it's fair to threaten to lock the thread for the first warning!  And it's not lock worthy just by misreading a post or misinterpreting it!  XP  Heaven knows we've ALL misread posts before!  When I read "hide" I simply interpreted it as fur, or skin...XD I've never heard it used as the back!  Perhaps I'm provincial XDDD  As for the "a couple" bit, it can be interpreted different ways, but Jester is right in this matter that you can't assume the exact number that hit ^_~ AND you can't assume where they hit unless specifically stated ^_^

IC:

The small group of Connlaothian Soldiers stared in shock as everything unfolded.  Their bullets had landed many times, but the magic users kept coming!  There was no way that they would be able to defeat them all!  Not a chance in hell!

With a slight hesitation as he watched the number of mages increase, the General called for the runner and quickly scribbled a message on a piece of parchment for the castle.  They needed reinforcements...Hell, they needed anyone who would be willing to help!  Especially more trained soldiers with bigger and better weapons!

"You, Soldier Hamyth!" The general called as he reloaded his rifle.  The young man ran to his general's side immediate, "Take a small team of men and get the wounded out of here.  They're better served healing than on the battle field!"  The boy acnowledged and immediately picked out a few capable men and they raced to relieve the field of the wounded and return them to the castle for treatment, Tobrecan was among them.

"Raise you're weapons!" the general shouted to his small group, "Fire at will!"

Anonymous

A blast of light seared the air, and the arrows were vaporized. Shango roared in anger, sending a spiral of burning lightning at the ogre and crew, his voice booming over the plaza.

"ENOUGH! This battle is between the beast and myself. I remind you, my wrath is great indeed against any who dare interfere!"

Anonymous

(OOC: I was gonna modify my post but..seems..like its cool with everyone now <.<)

IC:

"Holy fundango!" The elf jumped back in shock as he watched his dozen carefully aimed arrows being destroyed in mid air before they actually reached their target. Dorado was always amused by this so called "honorable" battles, unless it was sparring as far as he was concerned everything went. He shrugged and spat on the floor "Shoo whatever, if whoever dat bull dewd is fighting don't want no help I ain't gonna pu-WOA! LOOK OUT!" His eyes boogled and his ears twitched as he watched lighting coming their way.

The ogre frowned "Protect mistress Diana!" And tossed the sleepy valkyre towards the elf who caught her on his arms. The huge brawler then made a forward leap putting his huge muscled self inbetween the lighting and his smaller companions as he placed his gaunleted arms up in guard in a boxing stance. Because his gaunlets were metal they acted as lighting conductors and attracted the searing electricity that was sent at the trio concentrating all its power on him.

When the lighting connected his entire body shook and he screamed in pain while his hair was spiked up, his skin being scorched by the blast. A moments later the ogre was left sizzling and he coughed out smoke before falling on his back with a loud crash.

It was at this time that Diana decided to awake, with a yawn her wide eyes fluttered open and she was horrified to find herself in the middle of a battle field. The elf smiled at her "Did you enjoyed yer nap my mistress?"

She nearly was in the brink of tears while she watched her ogre laying on his back completely scorched "What? How...." Suddenly the sound of rifles being loaded caught her attention and from the alleyway she watched several soldiers preparing to open fire at them. The girl shrieked in fear.

"You two go back" The fallen ogre and the elf were turned into swirling orbs and entered the girl's chest. "You two protect me" She extended both her hands and from the right came a blue orb which materialized into a small armor clad dwarf wielding a hammer twice his size and from the left out came a purple sphere which turned into a drow with two scimitars.

The dwarf used his own body to defend the girl from the bullets. The shots being fired at him bouncing from his metal armor. "Canna believe those two blittering idiots lead us into this mess" the dwarf said while the drow said nothing and started throwing daggers at the line of soldiers with deadly accuracy using the dwarf as a shield.

The girl in the mean time cowered behind a large rubbish bin, hoping for all the chaos to cease.

Anonymous

More than content to stay hidden in the alleyway, Kaminari sighed, scowling at the sleeve of her shirt. She had liked this one and wasn't too thrilled with the idea of having to take off a sleeve. Since the shirt in question was now pocked with small burn marks, daubed with blood and speckled with mud, removing a sleeve couldn't hurt it any worse, right? She wouldn't want to wear it after this anyways. Her decision made, she used a small dagger to carefully slit the sleeve off her bad arm, then sliced the material lengthwise and used it to make a sling.

Returning the dagger to its sheath, she cautiously peeked out of the alley, peering out at the chaotic mess. With the lightning man's attention fixed on that minotaur and the two beings battling it out, she was no longer the most visually flamboyant person around. Which suited her fine at the moment -it meant she could finally return a semblance of normalcy to the weather patterns around here. Let those ridiculous soldiers deal with the very odd people this chaos had attracted.

Resting against the building, she summoned the last reserves of her magical talent, slowly sending it out and dispersing the storm. Dark thunderheads shrank into little fluffy white clouds, the unusual rain vanished and the sun returned. Taking a tired breath, the valkyrie sighed, feeling the weariness that came on when her magic was completely drained. Maybe, just maybe, she could sit here and wait for things to calm down, then she could sneak away.

Anonymous

Slumped back against the wall Kerrigan let out a sigh of pleasure. It always felt good to end a life. After feeding on the life of the soldier he had used a flicker of magic to kill him. In the mans weakened state only the barest amount of magic was needed. He smiled; this had been a good day. But now he had had enough. The bloodshed would continue for some time, but his presence was an unnecessary risk. He had heard talk of the anti-mages that supposedly existed here. As powerful as magic made him he would be weak without compare if it was taken away.

He brought his attention to the guards, now moving in to secure the other mages. Resisting the temptation to simply rush in and obliterate them all he stood and turned away. Kerrigan fingered the pocket inside his tunic, feeling that it was still there. He pulled out a pouch and from it a small book. Reassured it was still there he tucked the book away again. It had cost him a lot of money and energy to get his prize, but hopefully it would prove worth it in the end. The money didn’t belong to him anyway; it was what he had pilfered from the Vharzyym before his…unexplained absence. He scoffed; it was strange how the world worked. Strange that the one he must now seek was the very man whom he betrayed.

In Kerrigan's mind he had betrayed no one. Venorik had presumed much in giving him power. Kerrigan had never actually sworn anything to the Vharzyym. So while he maintained he was never actually Vharzyym, and that the fools had simply given him office and weapons out of stupidity, others might not see things that way. Specifically the ones he needed now. Odd how the world works.

He reached the edge of the city, checking he was alone before slipping into a stand of conifers. A few moments later a dark shape emerged from the trees, winging its way south.

Anonymous

(Its Mr. Minotaur's turn...)

Anonymous

(OOC: I hope you don't mind if I rejoin)
The boy twitched. He didn't want to wake up, but something was making this huge clamor in his head, on top of a devilish headache. Hearing all the noise outside of himself, he sat up, blinking incomprehensibly. "What happened?" he asked the voices, not expecting an answer. Not that he couldn't figure it out himself. A bull-man and a man wearing a loincloth were fighting. And a bunch of soldiers were shooting. Simple. Right?

He did receive an answer, to his astonishment. He doesn't remember! Another voice chimed in, Why can't he remember? They sounded alarmed, as though he should remember. "Remember what?" he asked groggily. Gods above, he did have the most powerful of all headaches. Add that to the voices-The boy groaned.

Though the clamor in his head ceased, his headache remained. And he still didn't know where he was, why he was here, and why everyone was trying to kill everyone else. And why everything looked like it was in ruins.

Go to the alley. A voice advised, not very helpfully. What alley? He couldn't see an alley. All he could see was ruins and fighting people. And what appeared to be a chunk of a building next to him. That way. The wind gave him a little push in the right direction.

Kieran set off at a run, fervently hoping that one dirty, brown boy would not be noticed in all the chaos.

Anonymous

Anonymous

(OOC: Forgive the inactivity here, but my muse for Bullathra almost died. It's coming back slowly, so I'll give it a shot.)

Bullathra huffed once, letting what seemed like steam, pour out of his nostrils. His white glowing eyes peered at the mage with the rage that engulfed the minotuar. Bullathra suddenly lunged forward and with his first stomp onto the ground, he launched himself into the air. He flew through the air with a long and graceful side flip, only to land directly behind the burly mage. As soon as his hooves hit the ground, he reaches back to grab the handle of the massive battle ax. He had previously thrown it at an angle, so that it would catch the wall, in case he did miss the mage. Without delay, the minotuar rips the weapon off the wall and swing it vertically at the evil intented mage. Bullatha does not believe in killing, unless nessecary. All is nessecary as far as threatening a usually peaceful kingdom.

Anonymous

(Sorry that I've been gone so long...let's just say, me and my computer have been having a lover's spat.)

Shango smiled, his body flashing white for an instant. The ax swung and struck hard...hitting only hard stone beneath. A low laugh filled the square, and Shango reappeared in a flash of lightning at the other end of the square.

His eyes flashed again.

"Fool! You do not understand the true powers of electricity! I am no mere conjurer of lightning bolts, no storm summoner from some forgotten tribe, I am SHANGO! I am a god! The heavens and the earth obey ME!"

He raised his staff high, lightning flashing around him...then something else happened. There was a soft PING and a metal chip from a nearby pile of rubble shot forward, sticking like glue to the large pole.

PING!

Another chunk of metal. Then, a fallen guardsman's sword shot up, sticking to the staff. The man's armor began to shake and rattle. Indeed, every metal object within about ten feet of Shango was slowly being pulled towards him. He laughed again.

"This is but a show. You're safe over there, bull, but I can extend this power another ten feet, and your axe shall be pried from your hands...or, if you hold on hard enough, maybe I'll take your hands with it! Gonna try that trick again!?"

Anonymous

(OOC: Whose supposed to post next?)