Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Snake and Lizard

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2006, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Raztilan stretched out in sun, the warmth of it's golden rays soaked into his thick black scales warmed his blood. The open plains were beautiful, a sea of rolling grass as far as the eye could see. The only problem was the lack of people. Of course he enjoyed his solitude as much as the next dragon but after a while it got so... dull. If only something would interupt this rather boring afternoon....

Anonymous

The small figure of a human - with noticible differences graced the scene, carefully slithering over a rolling hill of grass, her tongue flicked out to scent the area. She gave a glance about at the smell of another - yet unfamilar to her, she cautiously proceeded on her way, alert to whom/what-ever may be about.
It remained difficult for her to concentrate as the sun beat down on her cold-blooded skin, warming her to activity.

(never did get his pic..)

Anonymous

(Sorry bout that my email is wonky... but he is my avatar)

Raztilan sensed the Naga coming closer, he had heard it but a moment ago but wasn't worried. If it had meant to attack him he was sure it would have been on to him long  before he sensed it. In fact he wasn't even sure it knew what exactly what or where he was yet.

Anonymous

The female came atop a large knoll, overlooking the plains. The immediate object taking her attention was the great beast laying at the base of the hill, her slit eyes widened as she looked over the creature, hesitating with a flick of her tongue.
"No.." she shook her head, turning around as quietly as possible, glancing back to the horizon she had come from with a small sigh, this would mean she would have to backtrack someway to circle around the creature safely..

Anonymous

The naga was going to go around him and spoil the chance for a meeting. Damn it he was bored and he waned to meet that Naga! Rolling over he blocked the path the Naga was taking soundlessly shifting to meet her.

Anonymous

She squeaked in light suprise as the tail of the beast swept in her path, rearing up slightly in her shock. Slowly, she glanced over to its head, relaxing to find it was still doing whatever it was before she came - so it must've been an accident or natural or whatever, she kept kidding herself.

Anonymous

Anonymous

(( "Huh?!? What I'm awake" Sorry bout that my internet has been down for about 4 days.

Now he was annoyed the Naga was trying to go around him again! God What did it take? Shifting his body he brought his long Serpentine neck around to see the Naga.
 "Whats Your name?" he asked politely.

Anonymous

She tightly pulled her eyes to the voice, biting her lower lip before opening them and slowly turning to face it.

"D-Deska" she quietly replied, unlike her to be filled with such lack of confidence, although she had never come across such a creature. Feeling somewhat warmed by his polite question, she brushed up the courage.

"And you?"

Anonymous

"Raztilan" the large drake replied warmly. Stretching his wings to make himself look more impressive. With a large fang filled grin Raztilan laid his head on his claws so that he was only a few feet from the Naga.

Anonymous

She watched his movements carefully, slight admiration for the showoff. She watched his wings in particular, possibly jealous until he set his head down nearby, taking not of his size, intimidating as it was.

"So.. Raz. Your a dragon?"

Anonymous

"No actually I'm that other kind of flying, firebreathing, reptile" Raztilan laughed. "Yes I am a dragon, or at least I am now... so your a naga Deska where are you from? Not here surely?"

Anonymous

"For now..?" she questioned before replying to his own response "Oh - no, not from around here.." she trailed off, glancing about the horizon but still nervious around the much larger creature.

Anonymous

"Are you scared of me?" The dragon asked "You seem very nervous... though is suppose that is to be expected me being a dragon and all" he said bitterly. "Perhaps I've been to pushy?" Raz looked at Deska expectantly noticing that she was quite pretty to his way of thinking though he couldn't tell which side of his mind it came from human or dragon...

Anonymous

She blushed softly at his gaze, looking across his body with slight interest and particularly the wings "Well..." she started, trying to answer his initial question as he continued. The coils of body that was below her waist curved into a wrap, nestling her in - what could be best described as a seating position as she looked up at him, letting out a deep breath.

"I suppose i shouldn;t be nervious, since if you wanted to eat me, i'm guessing you wouldn't talk.."

Anonymous

"Eat you?" Raz blinked, "Ahh I avoid eating reptiles warm blooded creatures have so much more flavor, and yes if I was hungry I Would hardly waste time with idle conversation... so where are you headed?

Anonymous

She half-chuckled, knowing what he ment about the diet thing.. but still feeling a little disadvantaged.

"Headed? Um.. Nowhere really. Just.. travelling." She couldn't really lie, afterall for all she knew he was a dragon with telepathic abilities - afterall, little is known about them.

Anonymous

"Hmmm, that sounds exciting..." Raztilan shook his overly large head and looked at her with a curious expression. "Are you hungry? There is a small group of grazing animals just over the ridge there, they would make a fine meal.... if your interested"
    Yes he could smell the beasts, and sense their primitive thoughts. As a rule he tried to keep out of sentient creatures minds but for prey such as these creatures, he didn't bother.

He sensed the males driven only by hunger and their thirst for dominance over the herd. The females and their single minded devotion to their young he felt the intense curiousity of the young who were barely walking. To live a life so simple Raztilan thought sadly, his eyes misting as memories of his family came rushing back, his human family of course as he had never tried to have a draconian one.

"So how about the food? I find most people are far better company with full bellies and a satisfied sense of curiousity.

Anonymous

She chuckled softly, looking up to the beast with a nervious demeanour.

"My species sleep after eating, but i would accompany you. Besides. I have eaten recently." She smiled, her arm stretched across the back of her head as she rubbed it in a typical movement for uncertainty.

She looked across the ridge he had reffered to, nodding to herself after her arm dropped to her side, much more confident in this new aquiantance.

"I'd be delighted to join you." She answered strongly, much more certain of her words as she looked back to him, clearly outsized.

Anonymous

"Well then I shall take to the sky and drive the herd this way" Raztilan lept into the air, wings beating hard to get his massive frame airbourne. With a twist of his wings and tail he caught onto a thermal updraft and shot up a little before gliding away toward the animals.

He couldn't quite tell what they were, Gazelle maybe or Cape Buffalo? He flew over fast angling his body so that his shadow fell away from the herd. He circled in behind them they were indeed Gazelle. Diving down in a rush of wind he roared as loud as his lungs would permit sending the herd into an uproar. They bolted away from him toward Deska. Even that didn't save a few some of them however, as Raztilan landed among them tail and Talons flashing stunning and breaking limbs.