Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Snake and Lizard

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2006, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Deska watched as he became airborne, shielding her eyes from the recoil of gusts and upshots of dirt until he moved off. She glanced about for a while, moving to a better location, closer to the herd he left for before hearing the roar. That was her warning. Like only a snake can, she laid down flat, her body nearly perfectly camoflaged among the tall grass. Totally invisible as she waited for the scent and vibrations of the incomming prey.

She was laid there for maybe a few minutes at most before the pounding of hooves to ground caught her senses, confirmed by the flicking of her forked tongue. Moments later, she sprang from the grass, fangs bared as she landed her fangs on a fleeing gazelle, it collapsing from suprise and the effects of the venom nearly instantly. She was lucky to latch on near it's neck before dropping off to watch it stumble, wiping her mouth with her forearm to get rid of any traces of blood or venom as the beast collapsed to the ground nearby, the rest of the herd was now fleeing to the distance.

Anonymous

Blinded by the sheer thrill of the slaughter Raztilan thrashed and snapped at the gazelle, taking two down in his talons and a third between his powerful jaws. As the blood rushed down his throat Raztilan closed his eyes tight. Preparing for the flash of nausea that always accompanied killing.

The human part of his mind rejected the amount of blood that raw food provided. And a sudden though short episode of nausea always accompanied feeding. As it passed he shot down the rest of the gazelle chewing only twice before swallowing.

Then he looked to see how Deska had fared.

Anonymous

She watched him, looking to the creature she had taken down, before looking back. He seemed to not care too much with eating out in the open, she was a little more cautious of this, since humans thought her eating habits disgusting.

She shrugged, only one way to find out..

She leaned over the head, stretching most of her body behind her as her jaw dislocated, typial of snake species. She proceeded to keep her body in-line as she consumed the prey whole, certainly bloated afterwards, she couldn't do much more than remain still, she wasn't massive, but noticibly bigger in width, it would digest while she slept it off, but keeping the resources for weeks.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Raztilan was sated, he looked over to his new friend and saw her beginning her meal. Wow she really could do everything a snake could he thought as she dislocated he jaw to eat. It was odd to watch but he felt oddly envious, if he could do that imagine how much more he could eat! Tossing down the last of the gazelle he moved to speak with her

Anonymous

A somewhat drowzy gaze looked up to the approaching dragon, sartling her into an awakened state before she realised it was him again, having likely forgotten what he was as he sped off.

"Enjoy yourself?" she yawned, not bothering to hide her agaping mouth as she stretched her arms out, still laid out on her underside.

Anonymous

Anonymous

"Yes very much so a bath of blood is always welcome" Raztilan replied stretching his wings and smiling a fang filled grin. "I suppose you wish to sleep now?"

If he recalled correctly snakes often slept after feeding, he supposed it would be the same with a Naga.

Anonymous

She stretched again, restisting a second yawn. "That would be nice, although in the middle of nowhere?" she hinted, perhaps he knew somewhere quiet and/or safe to stay a couple hours.

Anonymous

"Of course not, I've a den a ways south of here" Raztilan pointed a huge blood caked talon toward the south. "I could take you there if you wish? Of course we have to fly to get there before nightfall but I doubt you'd weigh more than I could carry"
          Without really waiting for an answer Raz began to move slowly lowering himself to the ground and extending a foreleg so she could climb onto his back.

Anonymous

She sat up with another stretch, nodding sleepily to him "Sure, but.. ah. I'm not one to fly much.." she said, another nervious pitch in her voice as she approached slowly, hesitant to climb onto his foreleg for this reason, completely ignoring the remark about her weight.

Anonymous

Raztilan was pleased that she trusted him enough to let him fly her to a safe place to sleep. He smiled internaly (OOC: Because I don't think a dragons mouth could form a smile) lifting Deska easily off the ground he set her on his back.
     With a flap of his powerful wings they were airbourne, a thermanl updraft carrying them up in a huge swooping spiral.

"What do you think of the view Naga?" Raztilan asked. His voice booming over the rushing wind. With a few more beats of his wings they set off south. Catching thermals and flying slowly across the Plains. After an hour or so of flying Raz, spotted his den, and began a fast diving descent.
             Pulling his wings to his sides he dove tearing through the sky plummeting at what seemed an uncontrollable rate. When they had dropped to two hundred feet Raz snapped his wings open and dump his diving speed hoping he hadn't dislodged Deska in his attempt to show off.

Anonymous

She squeaked in suprised as he pratically threw her on his back, her arms and slender figure wrapped around what she could without interfearing with his flight, her tail securely around the base of his neck and her eyes closed tightly until he had asked her about the view.

Slowly, she opened an eye, looking down at the hundreds of feet in awe, slowly relaxing as she realised it was fairly safe, her first reply being "I have a name you know.." and a nervious response at that, must be due to the altitude..

Suddenly, he began a nosedive, her muscles tightened, she gauped in suprise with a quick scream as her hair became more spikey than usual, only to be partially flung off when he opened his wings, lucky she had a good grip. She now looked something like a large tie on a large beast, wide eyed and scruffy.

Anonymous

Raztilan smiled at her attempt at an answer "I'm sorry Deska I where have my manners fled to?" As they landed he noticed her wrapped rather tightly around his neck showing none of her former sleepiness.
    "Wow I'm amazed it worked this time... last time I tried a dive like all of my passengers were turned to mush" Gently wrapping a huge talon around her Raz lightly attempted to pry Deska of his throat as her rather powerful grip was starting to worry him.

Anonymous

She chuckled wearily to his response before jumping at the touch of his talons, quickly releasing her coiled muscle so he wouldn't hurt her as he attempted to wrestle her off.

"So, home..?" she looked about, adrenaline keeping her from falling asleep there and then.

Anonymous

"Yup" said Raz gesturing grandly to the den dug diagonally into the earth behind him. With an energetic little hop he spun around and trotted inside. Poking his head back to see if Deska was following he gave an impatient little tut and disappeared into the darkness of the den. A light cool breeze wound it's way out of the shadows and the smell of freshly turned earth was strongly wafting out the entrance.

Anonymous

Her attention turned to the den he gestured to, ducking as he hopped around so his tail swept over her rather than knocking her down. She watched as he slowly faded from sight in the dim light that was within the walls. Luckily, she had a kind of sight that involved moreover flicking her tongue (much like a normal snake, but with far better natural eyesight), so the darkness wasn't a problem.

The small breeze made her shudder, forcing a yawn before she slowly began slithering behind the creature that lead on. Her tongue flickering every-so-often to make sure she didn't 'walk' into his hind leg.. or tail.. or a wall.

Anonymous

Raz was happy for the first time in his recent memory he hadn't been since... well he couldn't quite remember. He had a new friend here, and he was happy to show her around his large den which consisted of three chambers. One was his nest a large pile of fresh greenery arranged comfortably as his bed. The second was a natural spring of cool murky water were he often lay in the hottest part of the day and the final Chamber was his treasurey which at the moment was empty.