Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Radiance Creeping in the Night (Any1)

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2006, 04:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tonight was especially cold as Avasa traveled through the darkened forest. The smell of the must rich earth and crushed leaves prickled her nose. Up above her she could see the sparkaling stars lining the skies with their grace. All was quite except for the occasional crunch of a twig or a sound of a bird flying in the night. Her long brown wavy hair(which was usually flowing with the gold streaks shinning) was now put up into a sleek neat bun. Her black shirt was slightly ruffled and if you looked closely you could see the stains of dirt and blood. She wore a pair of light faded jeans(the only ones she's ever had) that had many rips and stains on them. Her shoes were so worn she didn't even know what they were anymore. Her pale skin was almost luminesent against the soft light of the moon, but her lips shone that of a rosy red. Her eyes were that of a dark emerald green but tinted with a light blue.

She was beautiful.

Yet she felt anything from it. She felt she had no purpose in the world, only one. To drink. Drink that of human blood. Well, not always human, her mind countered with herself. Sometimes the blood of an animal or a different species was always good too. It always tasted the same anyway. She had been bitten at the age of 10 and did not tell her parents until she was 12. Up until then she would always sneak out on her parents, but after a while she became fed up with it and finally told them, thinking it would be easier.

At first her parents didn't believe her, and wanted to take her to see somebody for help. Only when did she show them her fangs(she hadn't before) did they become terrified and ban her from the house, in fear that they too could become bitten and die. She had no life up until then. She would just..........

wonder.

Now she came out of the forest where the soft glow of lanterns around the town surronded here. She basked in it, felt it's warm glow.

But it wasn't like she couldn't go out in the sun. Oh no, she had adapted to it until she could bear it. It had taken about a month too do it, in which she would come out and bear the pain a little bit more each day. Soon her skin adapted. There were some scars from where the sun had burned her more badly, but she kept them easily hidden and you could just barely see them on her pale skin.

She sat down on a long wooden bench, feeling the cold night wisp around her, seeing the light puff of mist come out of her mouth every time she breathed. What should she do tonight? She sighed mentaly.*I told you, I don't have a purpose*

OOC: Okay that was kinda crapy but not too bad for my first try with the new chracter, no? I don't really have a plot line for her but if you want just jump right in and well make one as we go along!

Anonymous

It was cold in the man-place, the city. As usual, the humans holed up within their wooden prisons, refusing to admit the glory that came with the night. They would never stalk prey in total darkness, nor gallop through the woods. Their loss.

He would never gallop through those woods, the Laiodheach reminded himself. He was not Alsandair, not the cat. It simply didn't make sense, he told himself. How could a cat end up in a man's body? He would have asked the black one, but the black one was gone, and anyways, the black one had tried to kill him.

He sighed irritably. The nights were always the worst. The cat came out then, and his thoughts were often the thoughts of Alsandair. They were so often inappropriate for an elder of his age. If it ever came out that he was not only mad, but heard voices in his head...

They were not voices really, but memories and ways of thinking. But then, how could a mere human know the difference? They were beings incapable of great thought, not like the fae nor himself and his siblings...Their blood was plain and diluted, with traces of magic showing up only occasionally.

The minstrel sighed again. Why would he continue to be plagued by such thoughts? It was unfair, that the fae-kin would punish him so? And what had he done to deserve it? In neither of his lives could he remember even meeting one of those proud beings; he surely could not have irritated them. They had, it seemed to him, made mischief simply for the sake of it.

That angered him, that they could-and would-meddle with his self. They would pay...they would burn...his sister would aid him in tearing them from limb to limb. They were the masters, not the fae, and the beings would learn that.

But at the same time, he quailed from the thought of their anger. Surely he dared not to offend such beings of great power. He had heard the songs. What could a mere, homeless minstrel do? And he was old, too. There would only be a couple more years for him to live. He had survived four decades with the intruder; he could survive a bit more.

The Laiodheach shook his head impatiently. Couldn't he even think about his plight without dual reactions? The cat was brave, young, and eager. He did not forgive. The man was wary, old, and exhausted, trembling at the might of the fae. It seemed that there was no way for him to bring peace to himself. Fear struck his heart, but at the same time, a bloodlust grew within him. Someone would pay for the sins done against him.

Who, he wondered not for the first time, had ordered the cat dead? And who had ordered the man dead? Did the dual even exist, or were they figments of his imagination? Had he been pursuing a delusion for half of his life.

Not half of his life, the cat replied. Alsandair had much longer to live. It was this weak body that would wear out, and with it, the man. But the cat would go on.

Too tired to pursue the mysteries of his existance, the old man found himself a bench. Cathair rested, rejoicing in the night and the peace it brought. But the cat was alert and wary. He knew that that predators, not peace, prowled during the night. And the woman sitting besides his body was one.

The Laiodheach turned bloodshot eyes to the woman curiously. She was a predator, he knew. But as to what kind, he couldn't guess, only that she would have been dangerous if she should so desire. The cat was surprised to find a kindred soul, but the minstrel was not. He had sung too many songs to not know what lurked in those cities.

Anonymous

OOC: OKay, I think, from what I read from your post, is that the guy has a cat living inside him, right? I'm not sure, If I'm wrong just tell me because I'm stupid like that! LOL

IC:

Her sparkeled green emerald eyes, with a tint of blue, paced back and forth as the people walked by. She was looking for a feast tonight and she didn't know how much longer she could last. Her faveriot was a man's blood, though she didn't particularly mind a boy's blood. With girls it was just to weird and to hard to get them into a spot.

Feeling the cold wrap around her slim figure she took her arms and held them across her chest, trying to savor some heat that her body could muster. She cupped her hands and blew hot air into them from her mouth, trying to warm the numb fingers. This was the only outfit she had and she was beging to wonder if she should steal a sweater for cold nights like these.

As she was sitting, somewhat in a crumpled up figure, a man sat down on the bench aside from her. She glanced once, and then glanced again, noticing that he was staring at her. The first thought that came into her head was that maybe he would be her prey tonight, but then at another stare she couldn't help but feel this feeling. Something with the man. He wasn't normal.

He was very old, compared to her slim sixteen year old self, and he looked very tiered. But something about him, something was just...just like her...

different.

He continued to stare. She looked back at him, her green-tinted blue eyes pacing to and fro up his body. She mentaly sighed. She couldn't find out what was different about him, so she decided not to fret about it. She smiled, her rosey red lips curving into an arch, yet they still did not show her fangs. She scooched a little closer to him. Maybe she could end his restless nights of no sleep.

Forever.

"What are you staring at, do I have something on my face?" She said non-chantaly putting her hands up against her pale cheecks and rubbing them, as if searching, even if she knew there was nothing there. Her voice was sweet and it pierced the cold with a gentle warmth that even she could not explain as how she does it so well. Once she needed a drink she would always be able to cover her depressed side. Act.

As she waited for the man to reply a gentle, but ice cold, wind carressed her body and she shiverd. Yeah, she was definietly stealing that sweater.

Anonymous

OOC: That’s what he thinks. ~_^ In reality, he’s a dead cat in a nearly dead body with the dead man’s memories. Since he suffered a period without memories (shock? I’ve never tried it, but entering someone else’s body after death probably does cause some…), he doesn’t quite know who he is, especially since both sets of memories crept upon him unawares. So, to summarize, he’s some old bloke with multiple personalities obtained through magical means. Which, I guess, does mean that there is a cat living inside him. You win the award for brevity. ^_^

The whole concept doesn’t make sense, actually. I’ll just label the whole problem as a “Mystery of Life� and file it away in some dusty corner of my brain.

IC:

She seemed cold, he noted with interest. That was an advantage on his side. He didn’t feel the cold, only the light of the distant stars upon his skin. They were singing to him too, a distant crooning that inspired both comfort and loss within him.

He wondered idly if he should help her, as he would have once. But Cathair was vehemently opposed to it. But then, Cathair was opposed to all magic, being Connlaothan.

She finally looked at him now, and he felt a surge of contempt. Surely it had not taken her so long to feel the gaze of another predator. This human-formed predator could not have been hunting for very long, nor could her instincts be well developed.

The Laiodheach let the cat in him do the thinking; the part of him that was Alsandair knew far more about dealing with predators than he did.

The cat knew that he had to see the predator better. His man-eyes had grown weak over the years. Never looking away from her, for in his world that would be to admit inferiority, he coaxed a small fire into being between his thumb and forefinger. It did not burn. How could it? Fire was his friend and his ally. It vibrated pleasantly, but did  not sing as the starfire did.

He realized that his eyes had strayed from hers unintentionally, and he felt some inward panic. If he was fortunate, she would not interpret it as submission. He returned his gaze to her eyes, staring calmly as if her power was beneath him. He watched impassively as she moved close to him, but only stretched out his hand. The fire flared warningly.

Her voice was gentle and sweet, meant to disperse his suspicion. He knew better, though, than to trust her.

Snake.

She was a viper, and she thought that he was a bird. But he was no bird, but a cat. And a cat knew far more than a bird, and was equipped with far deadlier weapons. If she dared to attack him, then she would have bitten off more than she could chew.

“If a cat may look upon a king, why may he not look upon a viper?� was his soft response. Let her brood over that.

Anonymous

As she was sitting rubbing her arms together for wrarmth her suddenly made a fire between his fingers, the golden flames licking at his pale skin but not burning it. She was grateful and almost felt a little sorry for thinking she could bite him.

Yet the yearning for fresh blood in her mouth still lingered and soon she would loose control of it. That's what happened last time. She was with her best friend in the whole world, her name was Mary. She was having a sleepover, and at that time Avasa didn't have control of her vampire ways. At least not as much as she did now. Three girls ended up dead in the morning, two puncture holes in their necks. She couldn't believe it. Since then she didn't have any friends.

No one. She was all alone.

The man spoke, but it was something totally different than what she had excpected for an answer to her question. She had to think for a moment, pondering over about what he had just said. *A cat may look upon a king, why may he not look upon a viper?*

(sorry, I'm not good with riddles but I'll try!)

"Hmm..she said thinking about it even more, that must be a trick question, usually cats are superior. They do not look up to kings for they are rather kings themselves, of course other people have differnt views so....." She pondered about the viper part but couldn't really come up with anything. Why couldn't a cat look upon a viper. Maybe because it they were to do battle the cat would already know it would win, so why even bother? That was also possible too....still.. Why give her a riddle and expect her to solve it. She wasn't here to solve riddles.

Then again she wasn't here to do anything in this life.

She sighed, she wasn't getting anywhere with this man. Not even to have a quick bite. There was obviously something going on that she didn't know about and truth be told she didn't even know if she cared. What was the point anyway? She sighed again. She would have to find another victim.

"What do you want from me?" she asked standing up, feeling the cold rush of air gather up around her once again as she moved away from the fire between the man's finger's. Just at that moment a young boy walked by, only being eight or twelve.

Yes, he seemed good, fresh and young blood. He would do just fine. She let her green emerald-blue eyes linger on him for just a moment, but then she turned back to the man. Maybe, she pondered, she could have both. That would surely be a feast! Again she sat back down and this time moved a bit closer to him, maybe a bit to much for comfort.

"What do you want to tell me?" she asks moving just a couple inches closer with each word. She wouldn't do it here, oh no, not out in public, but with her hympnotist glance that vampires had she sure could put him under, and lead him somewhere different.

It was all just a matter of time and patience.

Anonymous

He studied her warily. It seemed to her that he had not noticed that his gaze had strayed, and that worried him. If she followed cat-laws, then all would have been well; he could easily hold his own against a cat.

She seemed to ponder over his answer, and he was surprised. Again, she did not think as a cat did, but as a human did. A predator of the type that he was used to would have taken it as an insult, an assertion of superiority. But this woman-hunter, on the other hand thought like a human.

Which made him all the more wary.

It was humans who took more than they needed. If she thought like one, she would no doubt be greedy. He doubted, though, that her greed was for gold and those coins.

He grinned at her. It was impossible for him to look down at her in a human gesture of dominance, but he could display that he was completely at ease. That he was the cat, and he could tread wherever he chose. “Perhaps I should ask the same of you.�

His eyes traveled to the boy who had joined their group. So this woman-hunter chose humans for her prey…He knew the expression in her eyes. It had been in Katari’s far too often. Did she play with her prey as Katari did?

By now, the Laiodheach was willing to believe that she was demonkin, as Katari had been. That made her even more dangerous than a human. Humans, at least, had far less sadism.

He lowered blue eyes, studying his Fire idly. It flared, and took on the form of a cat fighting a viper. It was a not-so-subtle warning about what he would do to her if she dared to consider him prey.

He watched impassively as she moved closer, though he was bristling inward at her movement. If he had been in his cat-form, then he would have taken a leaf from the black one’s book and snapped her neck. Pure self-defense, nothing to feel guilty about. Not that he’d ever felt guilty about anything, except perhaps harming the black one.

He wondered why she was asking such a question. Surely she knew, instinctively, that he too was a force to be reckoned with, and that he did not want to be reckoned with. The Laiodheach wondered how to deal with this woman-hunter.

Distract her.

It was an altogether human way of thinking, but there was no reason as to why it couldn’t work, The Laiodheach speculated. Perhaps he would just give her another enigmatic answer for her question. “Depends on what you don’t want to hear.�

If only she had been satisfied with only the boy, instead of trying to lure him too into her trap…

Anonymous

She could see in his eyes that he was uncertain of her and that made her feel just a little more confident. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do, or if he could trust her. She crossed her arms and huffed. It was all the same. They were all the same. Human to different species... it didn't make a difference. They all treated her like she was something that was monsterous and she couldn't be trust one iota. She frowned at him, showing her fangs for the first time.

"I don't want to hear that you don't trust me, because I'm not going to do anything!" This time it was the truth because all in all she was somewhat uncertain about this man too, and she figured about ten minutes ago that she would just leave him be, for it was not a force to be wreckened with. She didn't need a struggle tonight.

Besides, the boy was easier.

Her eyes traveled to the young boy who was sitting drinking some juice from a red plastice strawl out of a clear plastic cup. He seemed happy to be alone, and was quitely sitting on a bench, two benches down, and from across from them to be exact. Her eyes lingered for a second more, and than back to the man she was speaking with.

Non chantly she took her hands and smoothed down her hair, which was now flowing in the slight cold brezze. The golden streaks sparkled like flames licking the top of her head. She watched the fire between his fingers, almost hympnotized herself, watching the crimson-orange flames lick at his hands. Tasting the softness of them.

She took another deep breath and huffed again, crossing her arms for warmth and frustration.

"I'm a vampire, but I don't feel like putting a struggle up tonight and probably loosing. So you don't have to worry about it.. you just treat me like everyone else. You-You looked at me odd, like I have two heads..." Images of her parents flashed in her mind. How they had banned her for being different, for being afraid.

Afraid of their daughter.

She could feel her eyes sting but she would dare not cry. Oh no, she would never cry in front of someone. Never. It just showed how possibly weak she could be, and she didn't like that. It wasn't that she was weak weak. In fact she was very very strong if she choose to be, for it was just nature of a vampire when turned. Though most people mis took her apperance to be strong, and considered her weak.

And sometimes she felt weak because of what they would say.

She stared excpectantly at the man. What was he going to say next? Was he going to banish her like her parents did, send her away because she didn't approve to his liking? She planted her feet firmly on the ground. If he tried there was no way she was moving.

(What should be our plotline? I've been trying to think but...)

Anonymous

He looked up, surprised that she put so much emotion into her voice. She had seemed to him a predator who hunted through concealment (hence the human form), and he had not expected the outburst.

“No, but trust must be earned, and anyways, it’s fragile.� He shrugged, and decided to tell her something from his memories. She was young, after all, and seemed not very at ease with herself; he remembered a time when he had been like that, in both selves. “The black one who considers himself my brother would kill me as soon as look at me, and I remember trusting him.� He smiled bitterly. “Apparently family honor is far more important than trust, or love.� Not that, he realized, the family in his feline memories had had any love for each other. They had simply made an alliance against Katari, who had detested him. “And I pray to the fire gods that I shall never see my demon sister.� Perhaps he had said too much, he realized. It would seem to her as though he had been lying. How could a plain old man have a feline brother and a demon sister?

Well, he hadn’t met Katari yet, but if the black one existed, so would Katari. Not knowing what to say, he looked down at his fire again as the forms of the cat and snake dissolved.

The flame comforted him, as it always did, vibrating gently. Humans thought that fire was ephemeral, but in truth it lasted beyond mortal life. What was the sun and stars made of but fire?

His expression quickly became perplexed as she continued to vent her frustrations. What did she mean by oddness? All he had done was treated her with wary respect, from hunter to hunter.

She was, he realized for the second time that night, very, very young. And a vampire…he searched the songs for knowledge of such predators. They were bloodsuckers, he realized, the nightmares of mortals, condemned to prowl the night. And they were made, not born.

He sympathized with her. It was terrible, waking up one day knowing that you were different from what you were a while ago and unprepared for the life ahead. He had woken up one day, with not one, but two more sets of memory.

He stared at her for a moment, almost sadly. It seemed that they both had their burdens, and those burdens were not so different after all. “So what are you going to do about it?�

The cat did not believe in brooding, in bemoaning his troubles. Instead, the cat believed in changing his circumstances, no matter how hopeless things seemed.

(OOC: Hrrmmm…our plotline is a bit murky.)

Anonymous

Hmm... now that was a question to ponder over. What was she going to do about it? Well, truth be told she couldn't really do anything about being a vampire except die. Which in her case, being so young, she wasn't ready to do, even if she was so very deppressed and knew she didn't have a purpose in life. Not even a love to live for. No one treated her like their equal and she was always the superior one, not out of faith, but fear.

"I wouldn't be able to do anything about it except end my life, and right now.." she looked down upon her young, slim body. "That's not an option.." her soft gentle voice traveled off into thoughts as the clench in her stomach strengthen. She was going to have to eat soon, or somebody, most likely this man, would see why the mortals feared her so much.

"I'll be right back.." she told the man standing up, feeling the cold wind carress her pale, moonlite skin. She fastened her eyes once again on the little boy. He was still across from them, two benches down, drinking the last remainings of his juice through the plastic straw. She cautiously, smoothly went up to him.

As she was moving up to him, her eyes turned from a dark emerald green-blue to a firey orangy-red. The colors swirled to and fro and most people were the most afraid of this. He looked up. At first he didn't really notice anything, only taking a first glance, but then he looked up again in surprise, staring into the cold orange pitless eyes.

She could feel both of them binding together as she put him in a trance. She could see that he was an orphane, a theif, mosey about the place. He had no one to miss him. Boy did she have a good eye. In the middle of the crowd she spoke loudly so that people would think that nothing would be wrong.

"Come on, I'll take you home, you should get some rest, and your going to catch a cold!" she said pating the boy on the back, almost as if he were her son or a cousin. She started to walk in one direction, feeling the boy's precence close behind her. She let her eyes stray to the man sitting on the bench. Would he wait for her? Or would he think what she was about to do was horrible and leave.. She didn't know, but right now she didn't care. She needed to drink blood to survive.

She led the boy down about four benches and then turned left into a long alleyway that was pitch black as midnight. She led him farther and farther down it, feeling the musty, ratty smell prickle her nose the way it did in the forest. Her nose was very sensitive to smell as her eyes were great in the night. More benefits of a vampire. Still she couldn't help but wish to be....

Normal.

As soon as her and the boy were back enough in the alley, in the shadows, she pinned him up against the wall. Still in a trance the boy didn't even struggle, his eyes dazed and his body limp. She plunged her pearly white fangs deep within his neck, feeling the warm irony liquid flow into her mouth.

She began to drink.

About ten minutes later she was making her way back to the bench. Hopoing the man would still be there. She felt so much better, even somewhat invincible. The cold wind ruffled her light faded jeans. She was hoping the man was still there. Maybe for once, she actuallyhad a friend in this vast world.