Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let Sleeping Shapeshifters Lie. (P)

Started by Anonymous, August 05, 2006, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Bane cast a slightly startled glance at Shadow when she said this. So not only could Billy annoy them to death, he could get rabies, have it mutate, and spread it to the rest of them? Rabies was a bad enough illness, to have something that had changed and warped into something worse.... she wasn't sure what would happen. Jack wouldn't be affected, who knew with Taki, and herself... she might be able to save herself. Picture a healthy cell all throughout her body, and the nanomachines would get to work.

With an annoyed look Bane watched the idiot in question go over to Taki, and shake off all the loose fur. She had seen he had going to bite at first, but laid off. The shaking only cemented it in her mind, not even a morsel was going down his throat under her watch. Turning the spits over she eyes the meat with an appraising eye. Give it another couple minutes.

At that moment a blur caught her eye, and she looked up, pushing her glasses up as she did so. The sight that greeted her eyes was Taki and a knife, and a very shaved wolf. Her mind made the connection instantly, and she felt no empathy or sympathy towards Billy. He deserved it. It brought forth a another bout of giggling, wondering how he would deal with it, and if this state carried over to his human form as well.

Anonymous

Shadow glanced over and stared at the sight.  It wasn't the first time something like this happened to Billy, although it had to be the quickest and most amusing.  She couldn't help but join in Bane's laughter for several moments, before setting her square apple fruit in the bundle and on the ground and stepping over to collect some tufts of his hair from the ground where it fell.  She supposed he'd need her to fix him, again.

And that thought led to a more amusing thought that might really set him straight.  She tried not to dwell on that, though.  That was a little too cruel.

Wolf Billy shook himself, feeling the need to make sure the last of his removed fur fell off, instead of clinging to his naked form.  It was always a little uncomfortable, as if being shaven wasn't discomforting enough.  He streched, shook himself again, and shivvered a little.

"Well, that wasn't very nice,"  He shifted back into his human form, full head of hair and sitting in the grass completely naked, "Now, if you'll excuse me, it's rather chilly.  Especially as a wolf, being used to insulation."  He nonchalantly got up and walked off into the darkness again, in the direction he'd previously disappeared in before bringing back the deer.  He wasn't one to really care about his unclothed state, half the time because of how he was raised, and half the time because he didn't care.  But he was leaving to go get his clothes anyway, he wasn't to fond of Shadow watching him walk away.

Anonymous

Jack chuckled as Billy walked into the forest.

"Good job, Taki. Embarrass the lad into human form. I'll have ta remember that." He grinned and winked at Ally, then moved to the shadows himself. "Pardon me sudden exit, but  I think I'm goin ta do a li'l' scouting. There's something in the air tonight...  Has me jumpy." With that, he disappeared into the night. Taki cut off a piece of venison and munched happily, addressing all around.

"He does that. It's weird. He's usually right, though, when he has a hunch. We're best leaving him to his devices." He munched a few more times, and turned to Bane with a smile, his eyes sparkling in the firelight."This is really good, Bane!"

Anonymous

The first reaction Bane had when Billy changed was pure, complete shock. She sat there, frozen and staring, yet unable to turn away. When he spoke and moved she snapped out of the reverie, staring at the fire, a small amount of red rising to her cheeks. Muther-fucking idiot.She had seen naked men before... in pictures during class. And that one time at the lab when Bryant (codename Hawk) defied the rules the only way he knew how.... completely stripping and flaunting  the fact to nearly everyone on their sector before the staff found out and forced him to recloth himself. Yet this was different. Yet Billy didn't seem to care, so she wasn't going to either. If he was trying to get a rise, he was going to be sorry when he came back. She wasn't even going to twitch.

Morphing her hand into a metal pole, Bane poked the fire a couple times, every so often pausing to concentrate on making a different shape for a different manuever. After she was finished she shifted back and skewered the rest of the meat, letting it cook as well. It was something to do, and it shape shifting made her hungry.

Taking up her own piece, she watched Jack depart, letting Taki explain. Hopefully he would deal with whatever he found in the field rather than dragging it back here. If a bandit were hanging around the edge of the camp, she didn't want to see the beaten and bloody body. Jack was best left to his devices, and something told her he was going to be the model of a gentlemen as long as Shadow was around. The thought amused her, as she continued to watch her cooking and eat at the same time.

At Taki's words she grinned, not really thinking there was much to putting a piece of meat on a stick and watching it cook. For some reason he loved it, and more power to him. It was the little things like that that got her through the day. Now that her cause of aggitation, Billy, was removed she became more laid-back, and not so extremely angry.

"Thanks. Have as much as you like. I've still got some spices and salt left in my pack if you want them."

Anonymous

"How very mysterious of him."  Shadow commented absent-mindedly.  She paused to watch Jack exit shortly after Billy, then returned to gathering wolf fur;  she found it unexpectedly tricky to descern some of it in the firelight from the grass it was tangled among.

"Soooooo much better."  Billy jogged back into the lighted areas.  Retreiving his clothing wasn't too hard for him in the dark, he did have excellent night vision, and tracking his things was a chore he was used to.  He ran a hand through his hair, ruffling it up again, partially to make sure it was still there, and partially to fix it from getting dressed.  Then he plopped himself next to Bane, while Shadow quietly seperated herself with the wolf hair to riffle through her bag.

"Food smells great, Bane.  Still as good as when you used to cook?"  He grinned, a slight hope that taking her back to her lab days might awaken a warm thought, if not pity for him losing his fur.  He reached over to playfully try to pull a bit off of her own piece to snack on.

Anonymous

Billy's inquiry was interrupted by the sound of a struggle from the shadows. Taki drew his blade and stood inbetween the rest and the sound, his face becoming grim and focused, waiting patiently to see if he needed to fight. As he looked into the shadows, a tall figure with a shorter figure in a headlock started coming into focus. Jack stepped out with a grin, and the poor red-haired boy in his thrall struggled and cursed.

"Dammit! Leggo of me, you crazy ass freak!" Lightning started to arc off of the boy, which Jack replied to quickly with a rock to the head, causing the boy to curse more.

"Lookit what I found!" The vampire declared proudly. "A wee bandit who thought he would get the drop on us! Isn't that funny? He did bring good news, though. Apparently, we're closer to the borders of La'marri than we thought. If we had pressed on for another hour or two, we wouldn't even have been here. " Taki became a silver streak at this point, trees falling in his wake as Jack spoke. "Anyone else fancy spending the night in an actual bed?" As he finished the sentence, Taki's work was done, as he stood panting yet proud to a makeshift wagon.

"I'm all up for sleeping... " The fallen angel said for a moment before passing out in front of his own creation. Jack sighed and looked at the red haired boy in his arm, who had sinced given up struggle, but still cursed under his breath.

"Alright, ye're gonna give us directions to this in ye spoke of, alright?"

"Yeah, fine, whatever. Just let me go and give me a lift back, circus freak." The rock made contact again. Jack tossed the boy onto the wagon, with Taki following shortly, and then positioned himself as the beast of burden. He looked back at the others.

"Alright, anyone takin' the O'Reilly express, hop on now!"

Anonymous

When Billy reached for the food, Bane smoothly pulled it out of his reach. Like she wanted to be reminded of her time as the lab. She was less than a human being there, she was an expensive toy that the scientists were intent on playing with until she broke. There was fond memories, but she was refusing to acknowledge them. Not now, not when the hurt was still so close.

"Yes, and you sure as hell aren't eating any of it."

It was then that Taki stood, amd Bane carefully watched him. She had learned to take her cues from the two, both of them were much better at sensing trouble, and were probably better at dealing with it, too. At least Bane was proud to say she wasn't some helpless fool in a fight. She planted the stick with meat in the ground, hand snaking out to grasp the hilt of one of her swords, half rising.

A critical grey eye took in the scene that followed. At least they were close to a town, and a final push would be easy. Even though she did say, Bane would give most anything for a nice warm bed right now. Too many days had been spent on a hard and cold ground. Screw the people who said adventuring is fun and cool, and that living outside is the way to go. Sure, maybe in her time when they had sleeping bags and cushions. Never in this time.

Concern flashed through her eyes when Taki collapsed. The poor guy had worn himself out. Standing, she broke camp with a queit effencincy. While she wasn't born to this, she was a good learner. Bane paused by the fire and grabbed the biggest chunk of meat she could see off the bat, scarfing it down with one hand while stuffing everything she could see into the pack. Shifting took energy, and she didn't want to show up in a new town hungry.

She got her pack together and loaded it into the wagon, the grabbed her blanket and tossed it over Taki, making sure it settled ok. He deserved that much, working so hard to make life a little easier for the group. FInishing with that, she walked up next to Jack, simply saying,

"Hook me up to the wagon after I shift, if you want."

At that she carefully placed her glasses on top of her pack, and backed away from the wagon. Gathering herself together, she shifted. It was more than a hand becoming a knife, or steel. Her entire body changed. Shaggy and fine hair sprouted along her entire surface area, bone changing their arrangement and shape, muscle growing and bunching. Her clothes were absorbed into the change, helping make up for some of the change in mass. In less than a minute where a girl stood was a small horse, powerfully built and a black color matching her hair. Bane couldn't manage much larger than this, she was already nearly seven times the mass before. Changing shapes was easy, changing her mass was difficult.

With a couple stamps she git herself situated into this new anatomical arrangement, walking in a circle a couple times and kicking a leg to make sure everything worked and was in order. Accidents happened, the programs inside the nanomachines didn't always cover every detail. It had been proved time and time again, though they were much more reliable than when she was young. Her eyes were a perfect example of that.

While Jack was probably perfectly capable of pulling them all for a couple hours to Le'marri, he didn't have to. This is one of the practical sides of having nanomachines inside her body. Something told her he would pull, after all, Shadow was going to be riding in the wagon. To hook her up and let the sudo-horse pull involved swallowing a certain amount of pride. Either way, it would be a hundred and thirty pounds that Jack didn't have to have to haul across the plains.

Anonymous

Billy would have continued a complaint for the food, but the ruckus took the attention from him; even Shadow looked up from her work to see Jack and the boy give their electrifying entrance.  Both watched curiously the display between the vampire and the red head with the lightning.  Billy's attention was caught primarily by the thought of food, as Bane wasn't being all to friendly to him right now, (he wouldn't openly admit with good reason,) while Shadow found herself more curious about the new boy.  Then again, anything with some sort of supernatural ability always thrilled her, even to the point of deciding going home could wait a bit.

"Beds would be nice, although I can't really say I've been without,"  She said more for herself than for the others, and began to stuff the wolf hair in a smaller plastic bag inside her regular bag,  "I guess the change of setting wouldn't ruin my plans much.."  She continued, speaking mostly to herself.  Really, all she needed was a room to speak to Billy in private, and a bed or something comfortable to relax on while attempting such.  She wasn't really trying, either, to hide her curiosity.

Taki made the wagon, and both made their way over to admire it, Shadow looking quietly from the outside and Billy jumping directly inside.

"That was tactful,"  Shadow commented to Billy, who simply laughed and made himself comfortable in a corner.  She smiled at Taki, "Nice work.  Thanks for the ride, and such."  She, more carefully, climbed in and sat next to Billy glancing at him.  He was watching the distance silently, and Shadow noticed him slip back into it again, like he had back in their room.

"Is he even going to bring us to the right place?"  Billy spoke up, his stomache complaining as he mentally cursed Taki for messing with his wolven form.  He couldn't even go hunting now.

Anonymous

Jack watched as Bane transformed. In his long life, he had seen many things, but Bane's gift always made him less than comfortable. Frankly, shapeshifters of all kinds just kinda creeped him the hell out. He moved in front of the wagon and looked at her.

"There'll be no need for that, lass. Taki would kill me if I let you do the work in any form." Jack, not being a clueless moron, knew that his angelic companion had developed a soft spot (to understate) for Bane, and didn't feel like dealing with a lecture in chivalry any time soon. He hitched himself up and prepared for the wagon to leave.

Lochlan, as the redheaded bandit was named, was not happy to be there. He had thought this would be an easy take, a few clueless travelers on a clearing just begging to be robbed. It had gone wrong when one of them had snuck up on him and forced blood down his throat. Lochlan himself wasn't sure what had compelled him to tell the dark stranger all as he did, but he had, as if controlled by him. Now, he was surrounded by freaks and heading right back to the inn empty handed.

As the wagon took off at a good speed, both men were thinking the same thing.

Oh sh*t, what have I gotten myself into?