Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Innocent Exploration

Started by Anonymous, August 12, 2006, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It had not taken long in the trip from the coast to Essryn for Fortunato to decide he rather disliked camels.  They were smelly, spat quite a lot, and tempremental.  The feeling seemed to be mutual.

While he might not be able to handle a camel with any decency, by the time they reached Essryn Fortunato had all the common decencies and niceties of conversation expected in the desert society at large down.  He had started a mistrusted stranger, and by the time he was dropped at a hostel in Essryn a trusted friend.

It had been a whirlwind journey, left him watching the men who'd shown him where to go in a heady nostalgia and smiling quietly to himself.

Rather than stand around and look an idiot, Fortunato quickly went in to register a room, did not leave his minimal belongings--it would be a shame to have the copy of Serendipity's only map of the area he'd copied by hand himself stolen, or any of his tools, they were not heavy and had condensed into a single stuff sack--to find a guide for the city and surrounding area.

Anonymous

((Apologies for the delay.))

Fortunato would not have to wait long to find a guide â€" or at least, a man willing to act as one. Of course, given the fact that the man was wearing an awfully showy outfit for the desert â€" although not the huge robes he had been wearing when he arrived, even the arrogant had to make concessions to nature sometimes â€" and walking around town aimlessly, muttering to himself and looking just a bit out of place.

Chadur had been here for seven months now, though, and was well on his way to going native, but he still retained much of his old confidence, enough to walk up to a stranger and offer a friendly greeting.

"If my eyes are not mistaken, I take you to be a traveler! Tell me, what brings visitors to this forsaken land?" Well, it was friendly in his mind, at least. Possibly it didn't sound that way.