Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Art Commissions

Started by Anonymous, August 13, 2006, 06:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I am now running an art commission service dedicated to creative versatility and customer satisfaction! And by that I mean I am NOT limited to any particular subject, genre, or art media. Though it should be noted that I specialize in fantasy, sci-fi, horror, and anthro art, I will draw, colour, paint, even sculpt, just about anything your heart desires. All artwork is created exclusively by me, R Cooper. For examples of my work, please visit my gallery at: http://chikkennoodul.deviantart.com/ My styles range from the highly stylized to the highly detailed!

Some types of commissions are, but are by no means limited to:

- Interpretations for your own characters, whether in a scene on its own or with other characters, or as a character reference page, or a conbadge. (You retain full ownership and copyright of the character, and will be credited as the character’s rightful owner wherever the image is displayed, while I remain credited as artist of the commissioned image only.)

- Custom character/creature designs based on your descriptions. (Same deal as above.)

- Fanart â€" characters from films, books, television, etc. â€" in a situation of your choice. (Neither I or the customer claims ownership of copyrighted characters.)

- One-off scenes â€" landscapes, or non-character creatures or people in a situation of your choice.

- …Or anything else you might have in mind!

- On the subject of adult themes: Rather than limit myself by saying no to certain things, it is better that people just contact me to find out whether I’ll do it or not. But as a general guide â€" violence, horror and gore of any level is fine, as long as it not rape-related. I will draw smut and fetish, but nothing explicit. Nudity â€" that’s a grey area, depends on the situation. Also, no child abuse of any kind, don’t even go there.

Making Your Request
Simply contact me via email or PM and give me a description of what you want. You can be as specific or unspecific as you like â€" it depends on whether you have a particular vision, or if you are happy to leave the majority of it up to my own interpretation. You are more than welcome to request multiple commissions in one order. You can also specify the size and type of canvas/paper/digital canvas, and the type of drawing and colouring materials you want me to use. (You don’t have to specify this â€" you can leave it up to me if you wish.)

Types of canvas available: Cartridge paper (A5, A4, A3, A2, A1), card (A4, A3, A2, A1), acetate, paint canvas (various sizes), watercolour paper, parchment, collage, smooth ‘drawing’ paper (A3, A2), A4 matte paper, A4 marker paper, digital canvas.

Types of traditional media available: Prisma Markers, shading pencil, charcoal, black ink, black/sepia drawing pen, watercolour paint, clay, fimo, sculpey, felt tip pens, gouache paint, colour pencils, pastel pencils, acrylic paint.

Types of digital media available: Adobe Photoshop 6, Corel Painter IX, Oekaki.

The Design Process
One of the most off-putting things about requesting commissioned artwork is the fear of ending up with something that you feel is not worth what you paid for. For this reason, once I have finished sketching out a commissioned piece, I will send a scan of it to you for your approval, allowing you to request any changes you want me to make before I colour/ink it, at NO EXTRA COST. I want my customers to be delighted with my work, and so I will remain in regular communication with you from the moment of request ‘til the finished article has been safely received.

Concerning how long a commission will take me to complete, I will keep in contact with the customer on when I predict the piece to be finished by, but generally it should not take more than a couple of weeks, depending on complexity and how busy I am with other work â€" I complete commissions in the order that I receive them. Obviously I will inform the customer of any delays.

As is the way of any commission service, or any online shop for that matter, the customer pays the fee first, and I get started on your commission as soon as payment has cleared (that’s immediately for PayPal, or a week if paying by cheque). Once you have paid, I am legally bound to provide the requested goods.

Price Guide
(Prices are in Pounds Sterling and American Dollars â€" please inquire for other currencies.)

Inked, uncoloured commission (traditional or digital): £5 ($10)

Fully coloured commission (traditional or digital): £10 ($20)

Detailed painting on canvas: £15 ($30)

Sculpted model (up to 6 inches in height): £20 ($40)

Payment Methods

PayPal â€" This is by far the easiest and safest method of payment for all involved, especially as it provides protection for both buyer and seller in the unlikely event of money or goods not being received. It’s free and easy to make an account, if you haven’t got one already.

Personal Cheque â€" This option, for those who really object to online transactions, is for UK customers only.

Trade â€" I will trade art commissions for fursuit/costume parts, materials and accessories â€" masks, tails, paws, suits, etc. These are the only things I am willing to trade for at the moment.

Delivery

For traditional commissions â€" Customers will be sent a 300dpi (can request higher) JPG scan as an email attachment, at no extra cost. Please note that if your commission is larger than A4, I will not be able to scan it until I return to university in October â€" a digital photo is the best I can provide until then. You also have the option of having the original, signed drawing mailed to you, if you agree to pay the postage and packing costs. This is the obvious choice for canvas paintings and models. (You still get the free scan whether you choose this option or not.)

For digital commissions â€" Customers will be sent the original, unedited image as a JPG email attachment, at no extra cost. And, if you agree to pay the postage and packing costs, I will also make a print of the image (up to A4 size, on glossy or matte paper) and mail it to you. (You still get the free scan whether you choose this option or not.)

I think I’ve covered just about everything here, but if there’s anything I’ve missed out, any questions are welcome!