Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dark Confessions of a Night Gone Wrong - (Blue) - R

Started by Anonymous, August 31, 2006, 09:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a bright and early morning when the sun peeked through the window of the boy’s room. The boy lay cuddled underneath the sheets listening unconsciously to the beating of the other man’s heart that seemed to beat against his own. His lips parted in surprise at the body pressed against him. Eyes fluttered open. Too tired to wake he shut them again. He snuggled in a bit closer, not wanting to wake up, wanting to continue to drift off into sleep. And apart of him wished this day had never come.

Hayate knew it was morning somewhere in the back of his sleepy mind. He just didn’t want to get up. Too out of it to want to part like this, to make any sense of it all. To have to let Fai go.

Somewhere during the middle of the night his mind had made a choice.

This would be the last time he would allow himself to get close to Fai ever again.

Whatever was going on between Fai and himself, well he would end it today.

However much he didn’t want to, he knew it was the right decision.

Or else he could not live the rest of his life like this.

Didn’t want his heart ripped to pieces.

The sun touched his eyes and he pulled the sheets over his eyes, shifting a little against Fai. Unknown to him as he lay still that his hand was creeping down the length of Fai’s body. Fingers brushed the soft hair at his waist, and then a hand slithered in, grabbing a hold of something pleasantly soft inside Fai’s pants.

With a smile on his face Hayate sighed and the thought of getting up was pushed back away from his mind.

Anonymous

The light pierced his delicate eyelids, and Fai turned his head away, starting when he felt something against his face. One eye peeked open, and he relaxed as he saw it was simply the top of Hayate's head.
The events of last night and the day before rushed over him, and he sighed, letting that eye close and sink him back into darkness.
He didn't want to get up...he wanted to continue laying here with Hayate...

But already his mind was ticking off the things he had to do...
Get his sheets washed.
Get the healer.
Get food for Hayate.
Explain to Peach what had happened to his vase.
That last one wasn't going to be much fun...
He also needed to go over all the clients he and Hayate had missed. Another thing that would involve Peach...
His day was not going to be fu-

What in heaven's name???

He hadn't even noticed Hayate's wandering hand. That is, until it wandered its way into his pants and grabbed ahold of him...
What the hell was Hayate thinking??
Despite the panic in his thoughts, his body shivered, and that 'pleasantly soft' something began to harden.
...Dammit.
Shifting alittle, Fai grimaced and went to retrieve Hayate's hand before anything too terribly embarrassing got underway.
"Ah, Hayate...Hayate, wake up." As he spoke, his free hand shook the boy's shoulders.
He was really, really trying his best to not take advantage of this situation!

Anonymous

“Ah, Hayate...Hayate, wake up."

Hayate grumbled, frowning.  He sat up a little sleepy eyed and looked down at Fai, and then just something came over him.

Just one last…

Kiss.

His moist firm mouth demanded a response. “No," he murmured against Fai’s mouth and he sat up over his friend, head bent down into the kiss, unwilling to look him in the eyes.

If he could just hide his eyes from him, then he could hide the truth.

So he closed them.

Then he moved his mouth over Fai’s devouring its softness, a hand sought out the hard heated place below Fai’s waist again and gently stroked. He wasn't going to be denied.

It was too late; his body wanted just one last touch, one last embrace. Something it would soon have to give up. He just wanted to know a little bit more of what he was giving up.

Anonymous

Fai relaxed a bit as Hayate finally woke and sat up, and he was quick to pull his hand from his pants now that he had the chance. The last thing he wanted was for Hayate to get hysterical again and accused him of taking advantage of him.
Of course, those thoughts immediately went out of the window as Hayate's eager mouth suddenly demanded a kiss.

No? No what...?

Oh well, he didn't particularly want to think about that right now. He gently kissed Hayate back, letting him have this strange bought of dominance. His hand came up to cup the back of Hayate's head, his fingers twining into the hair at the base of his neck. He wondered vaguely if he was dreaming...
Would Hayate ever do this in real life...?
Fai's hips jerked in surprise and pleasure as Hayate again went for him.
Uh, no, this couldn't be a dream. That had been waaaay too acute for a dream!
His mouth suddenly moved more ferverntly under Hayate's, his free hand running slowly up his stomach to his chest, letting his nails trace along Hayate's skin softly.

Anonymous

His lips were more persuasive than he cared to admit.

Hayate groaned as Fai responded, and for one fleeting moment he felt himself pushed over the edge. He clenched tighter with his hand, the sudden friction igniting in him his own arousal. The skin was soft as silk, and frustratingly Hayate let go and began to untie Fai’s pants, tugging them down to the other man's hips. He struggled for a moment and pulled them down just a little bit further, but let them hang seductively hugging those lean muscles of his.

Hayate's hand shifted. Propping himself onto his elbow he moved both hands to Fai’s face. Fingers teased the soft skin at Fai’s hairline and the boy pressed his mouth into the other as if he wanted to brand him with his kiss.

Hayate smoothed Fai’s hair making sure he was careful not to press his full weight on top of the injured man. "Fai," he whispered. His hands were soft and touching as if caressing the man’s face was indeed a fragile, breakable thing. His lips teased, and his mouth broke the kiss to leave a trail of hot wet burning desire down man’s chest.

There didn’t seem a point in stopping. There was no going back. All he knew was the lips that moved in rhythm with his were all he ever wanted to taste. And he knew the tears that wanted to show, that wanted to fall. Hayate pushed them back not wanting to let them be seen, not to touch that beautiful face he had come to love.

Suddenly his hand slid across that silken belly and Hayate paused as one forcing himself to wake up from a dream.

He yanked away from him without warning.

“I’m sorry.� His voice was shakier than he would have liked. Distant.

Hayate sat up from Fai and brought his knees up, resting his arms upon them. His head bent down, eyes shadowed he sat there, silent as he allowed his body to retreat back into a cold hard place where his passion and desire he felt for Fai didn’t exist.

(ooc: Severly Edited!)

Anonymous

Fai had not expected the sudden tightening of Hayate's hand, the rough feeling it brought. Heat blossomed up his back, and he jerked, arching slightly once again. For a boy who supposedly knew nothing about pleasuring men, he sure was doing an excellent job...
A slight groan of protest left Fai's lips as Hayate released him, even as he felt the fabric of his pants rub against his skin while Hayate struggled to pull them down. The hair on the back of his neck stood on end, his body hot and trembling.
Dammit, why could Hayate always make him loose his cool?!

Hayate's fingers trailed and tickled along his face, and for some reason all Fai could do was stare up at the boy, his auburn eyes liquid with a strange cocktail of emotions. Surprise, desire, hope...
What the hell was wrong with him??
They kissed, and Fai was surprised when that one little action put his body's burning desire on hold. He just wanted to make the kiss last...something so tender and intimate as that...
Hayate, what are you doing to me??

Fai shivered as Hayate's breathy whisper brushed along his lips, lips that were constantly being kissed so cherishedly by this boy.
"D-don't...say my name like that..." He whispered in return, his voice quaking slightly. Nobody had ever said his name with such...such...
What was it in Hayate's voice that made him tingle all over with such a simple word?

He wanted for all the world for this to go on, but suddenly, as soon as his hand ran over Hayate's soft belly, the boy jerked away without warning. It took Fai a moment, a few blinks passing as he stared over at Hayate as the boy curled up.
"You're sorry?" He repeated blankly.
Just what...exactly was going on here...?
The bruised man slowly sat up, biting back a wince as his torso protested. He calmly covered his lower body with a sheet as he looked over at Hayate. Suddenly, he wasn't sure if he was allowed to touch him, so so instead he shifted closer, silky blue hair falling over his shoulders as he bent his head down to try and look at Hayate's face.
"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong Hayate..."
Just what was going on here??

Anonymous

“You didn’t do anything wrong Hayate.�

Sunlight flickered across Hayate’s hair as he gently tilted his head towards Fai and rested it on the man’s shoulder. Eyes closed, his face an unreadable mask of emotion he allowed himself to just one last moment be close to the one person he wanted to love with all of his heart, yet knew he could not.

Just one last time, let me be close to you.

Hayate pressed a small hand against Fai’s arm, in an almost loving, bonding gesture, wanting so much to reach out and take Fai’s own hand into his. To kiss him one more time. To breathe in that heavy scent that scent chills raking down his spine. To tell him everything he had been hoping and wishing inside that blonde head of his. To tell Fai what he longed to tell him, but feared it might do since he knew his place was always going to be inside this brothel, just some young whore to strangers.

I’m sorry Fai, for what I’m about to do. What I’m about to say to you. I don’t want to hurt you…I know I’m going to hurt you…but this is the only way. I must stop this now before we take it any further…

Raw and primitive grief overwhelmed him and he lifted his body from Fai’s, and shifted into a sitting position on the edge of the bed, his feet touching the cold floor.

“Tch.�

His eyes were dark and unfathomable. He reached for a robe hanging off a chair nearby and threw it on with haste, eyes closed, frown so hard and unloving the boy looked almost frightening. Hateful.

“You idiot,� Hayate whispered, not bothering to look at the man. His voice hardened ruthlessly. “I was just using you to test something. I didn’t mean anything by what just happened. And look at you getting all hot and bothered over it like some lovesick puppy. Disgusting.�

He shook his head and tied the belt tight around his waist with a snap, stood wiping his moist hands on his robe. “I was just seeing if my phobia is gone or not. Well, looks like my little problem isn’t a problem anymore.�

His face was marked with loathing as he turned to look at the older man. “That’s for all those years of getting under my skin Fai,� he said the man’s name like it was the ugliest word that existed. “All those years of tormenting me. Well, now looks like it’s over. You can’t hold my fear of men over my head anymore.� His words were loaded with ridicule. “You have nothing to hold over me anymore. It’s finished.�

He took a few steps away from Fai; his body posture cold and calculated. Before he went any further he stopped and turned to look over his shoulder, with a look of pure disgust and hatred. With a silken thread of warning in his voice he said, “Stay away from me. I don’t want to see your ugly face near me again. Don’t even want to touch you."

Hayate looked away and took a deep breath at his next words. "You’re repulsive. You half-breed freak,� he said in a choked voice, his own pain at what he had said finally getting to him.

Pushing back tears he made a run for the door, throwing the curtain aside as he flew down the hall towards Rain’s room. Not even bothering to know if Rain was awake or not he flung the door open and jumped onto Rain’s bed, his head coming to lay on Rain’s lap tears running down his face. “Rain…oh gods, what have I done Rain? What have I done?�

Anonymous

Fai blinked slowly down at the top of Hayate's head, feeling the brush of his hair against his shoulder. Dammit...what was going on...?
He could feel it, something was building up in the air around him. It was like he was standing on the edge of some great abyss, waiting for something to happen, for something to be revealed to him.
For that great sheet of pure white confusion to be clarified, to come into focus.
Just what was going on...?

Then Hayate moved away once more, and Fai could only watch as he sat at the edge of the bed.
Tch
He jerked, blinking. An uncomfortable tingling set in at the back of his head, between his ears.
"You idiot,�
There was the roaring of waves in Fai's ears, as if to block out what was coming.
“I was just using you to test something. I didn’t mean anything by what just happened. And look at you getting all hot and bothered over it like some lovesick puppy. Disgusting.�
His heart jerked, jumping into his throat. The tingling got worse, like someone was sticking needles into his flesh, and his face went cold in a rush, his heart thudding painfully in his chest, as though it were being constricted by some dark, frigid hand.

“I was just seeing if my phobia is gone or not. Well, looks like my little problem isn’t a problem anymore.�
“That’s for all those years of getting under my skin Fai,�
“All those years of tormenting me. Well, now looks like it’s over. You can’t hold my fear of men over my head anymore.�
“You have nothing to hold over me anymore. It’s finished.�

There was a fuzzy feeling at the front of Fai's brain, pressing against his forehead, making his eyes swim with dots of white light as he stared at the hardened figure before him. His vision swam, and he couldn't seem to focus on Hayate's face anymore. The white sheet shattered into a million pieces...
Leaving nothing but a swelling darkness.

"Stay away from me. I don’t want to see your ugly face near me again. Don’t even want to touch you."

"You’re repulsive. You half-breed freak,�

Snap

The sun had struggled its way into the sky, sitting fat and happy just above the rooftops. Fai let the warming breeze brush across his face, pushing his hair back with a flutter. He held his elbows as he looked out from the window, his eyes dark as the world finished pulling itself from sleep.
His amber wings glittered out behind him, catching the sunlight and splaying it across the room.
"So...that's how it is, hm, Hayate?" He whispered softly to himself, tilting his gaze downwards at the ground. That ground...that had once held shards of his own wings, and of yet another vase.
That damn vase...

Fai smiled a bit, choking down his sadness.
That vase...you hypocrite.
"As you wish Hayate."
I will continue from the sidelines then, as always...
Turning with flourish, his wings retreated and Fai went about his business. Orders were made. His sheets were to be thrown out and replaced immediately. He wanted his wardrobe restocked. That damn healer had better be found.
Where to send him?
To Hayate, of course. Go, find that stupid boy and have him taken care of.

Just keep busy Fai, act as though nothing happened, just as Hayate wants from you.
Do that, and truly prove your...

...You're in love, Fai...

Dammit...

Anonymous

Making love to…Fai?

Well he wouldn’t know where to begin.

It didn’t seem that way a minute ago.

You sure looked like you knew what you were doing.

Hayate woke with a start, sitting up in the unfamiliar room. The first thing he felt was the sting of the bite mark on his neck.

His heart was doing back flips. He didn’t know how long he would be able to play this off, how long he could go without his body betraying every emotion. He felt suddenly sick like he was coming down with the plague and his face showed it slightly. Why did he feel so sick like his heart was going to explode out of his chest? His stomach was turning upside down. He didn’t know if he could quite calm it. His hunger. He hadn’t eaten in like two days yet his appetite was just not there. Every time he thought about Fai it would disappear and it was starting to show, starting to make Hayate look slightly gaunt.

Oh God.

The realization at what he had just done hit him all over again and he almost failed his body and threw up on the floor.

Perhaps. Was this what it was like to fall in love? To hurt the one you love? He had heard stories of people actually getting physically sick before but never had experienced it for himself. Now his body was a flying soaring roller coaster of emotion and he wasn’t sure how long he could stick to this lie, this facade.

How long he could go on in Fai’s presence being in love with him.

But he knew he had to forget. Hayate had to forget Fai; had to stop loving him. He couldn’t go on like this. He couldn’t wake up each day knowing some other person was touching him, holding him, making love to the man that had took his whole heart. So what he had done was with reason. Make the man not care about you anymore, break the bonds that tie you and he together, and the rest would follow…

“I’m sorry,� he said to himself.

“Good morning,� Rain said brightly. “Sleep well?�

Hayate grimaced as he turned to see the boy at the foot of his bed, with a tray of food and milk. “I got you something to eat when you passed out a few minutes ago. I know you haven’t eaten anything…�

“I’m not hungry,� Hayate said scratching at his neck. Something wet and sticky met his fingers. Blood. Hayate’s eyes widened and he sat up completely shooing Rain’s protests away.

“Move aside, I need to wash up, and there is no way in hell I’m doing that in the bath house.�

Rain watched Hayate for some time, a small frown on that petite face of his. “Is something wrong Hayate?�

“No,� Hayate said not bothering to look at his friend. “Just getting ready for the day. I’m so ready to get back to work its killing me.� He laughed, then stood still, looking at his face in the mirror on top of the dresser.

Yes, just forget what happened. Don’t think. Don’t feel. Just keeping washing your hands, thinking about naked women…

Hayate looked away and splashed some water on his face and chest, then dried himself off with a towel. “I know what you were trying to do last night, but so that you know, don’t. Don’t do anything like that anymore.� He tried to make himself sound as calm as possibly, but there was a slight annoyance in his voice.

“I see,� Rain said.

The boy just looked away folding a towel, not saying a word.

Hayate made a motion to leave and paused to look back at Rain. “Thanks though, just…nothing is going on between us, and that’s how it’s going to stay.�

Hayate moved about the bottom floor, his feet feeling a hundred times heavier than they did last night. The bump on his head still aching from where Lydia (may she rest in peace) had hit him. His neck itching as if he had developed some painful infection along his skin. Damn. He looked at his fingers. Blood. He was still bleeding.

Damn it, how was he suppose to work if he was going to bleed all over his clients?

He made his way to the lobby to see who was in this early for the day and stopped short as he saw what appeared to be a couple arriving early. All heads turned to him at his arrival and the man standing besides the older woman nearly jumped up from his position and pointed at Hayate. “That one! I want that one!�

“Yes dear,� the woman said patting him on the shoulder. “Does the boy please you?�

“Yes.�

Are they talking about me?

“I’m sorry,â€? one of the other prostitutes said looking rather nervous. “Young Hayate doesn’tâ€"!â€?

“Don’t worry, I’ve got this,� Hayate said reaching out to take the man by the wrist.

Everyone who was in the vicinity stopped and gawked at him. He was sure he heard a pin drop somewhere and a few crickets outside playing quietly.

“I told you, got it covered,� Hayate said pulling the man towards him as he wrapped an arm around him. Nerves made him shiver slightly.

Oh no you don’t!

And Hayate steadied himself against the client, praying somewhere in the back of his mind he wouldn’t fail himself now and black out. No, he wasn’t going to let that happen!
Everything would come unraveled if he allowed that to happen! He had to destroy what was left of his soul.

The man stared at Hayate and shook his head speedily in agreement. “Yes, I’ll take him!�

Hayate chuckled slightly and began leading the man back the way he came. Before he did turn the corner towards the servants quarters he hear someone say, “Send this money up to master Faivish…immediately, and see what the heck is going on with young Hayate…I don't like what's going on suddenly...�

Soon the pair were off back upstairs, Hayate leading the man through the hallway trying to find an empty room. And especially trying to avoid Fai. He didn’t want to be stopped in what he was about to do.

Where was he going?

I don’t know.

Fai will be angry with me, he chooses my partners.

I don’t care. As long as I can kill these feelings inside me. Sleeping with this man will do that.

You hurt him.

I know I did. He might not even care anymore.

I can sleep with this man.

You sure you can do that?

What other choice do I have?

If everyone would just stop ogling at him like they had just seen a pig fly! But Hayate knew this was good. The gossip would get back to Fai, Fai would know…Hayate’s heart would break, and that would be the end to this…this so called love he had developed for Fai.

Hayate stared at the man for a while. He was pretty good lookingâ€"not as beautiful as himself or Faiâ€"but he would have to do. And damn his phobia if it was going to stop him!

Yes, he would have to break himself all over again. Kill any emotions, any feelings he had by doing the unthinkable. Sex with this man. It would completely destroy him. Then perhaps he could have some release from this nightmare. This love. This Fai.

Finding an empty and clean room Hayate pulled the man in and shut the door behind him.

Then the man was on him suddenly, pulling Hayate in and kissing him. Hayate couldn’t hide the fact he was shaking, hide the fear starting to form in the pit of his stomach. He was led over to the bed; a hand running down his chest as the man clung to him and was sat down as the client continued kissing him. Oh God, was that his tongue?

Hayate clenched his hands into fists telling his body to submit, to stop shaking. There was no way he was going to black out! Not now. Not when he came this far!

The man chuckled, a gleam in his eye. “Such a skittish thing,� he said running his hands through Hayate’s hair. Is this your first time being with a man?�

Couldn’t really answer that question, but it sort of was so Hayate shook his head yes.

“Good. Now kiss me back. Ah, much…better…�

Soon Hayate found the man undressing him, pulling off his robe as the man’s eyes raked his naked body. Hayate laid down on his back, hands at his side, his face showing he was fully terrified, yet that determined part of his mind the one that knew he needed to do this, to destroy what little Fai and him had kept him conscious the best he could. The man’s hands were on him, stroking him harder and Hayate closed his eyes tears running down his cheeks. He threw a hand over his face to hide the fact he was cryingâ€"the client didn’t seem to care or noticeâ€"and about lost it as the man undressed and shifted his body on top of him, straddling him.

“Come now,� the man said. “Shouldn’t take you too long to get aroused.�

Hayate didn’t understand what he was saying. He just peeked through fingers looking up and then glancing down realizing now what the man was talking about. His body just wasn’t…responding!

Embarrassed Hayate sat up as the man continued to stroke him.

No. Nada. Zilch. He just wasn’t being turned on. Why?

Frustrated the man let go and pulled Hayate into a sitting position in his arms. He kissed him over and over and Hayate felt himself slipping easily into a deep black hole he couldn’t swim out of. Faster and faster, deeper and deeper he kept being pulled in until all he knew, all he could do was fall face first onto the floor.

A scream came from the man as he stood up and ran to the door throwing it open. “Someone help me! I think the boy is dead!�

The healer who was enjoying his breakfast as he made his way through the halls was the first to hear the scream. People rushed passed him in a fury as a door at the end of the hall was thrown open.

More screams.

“Hayate’s dead!� a girl screamed as she flung herself onto another bystander.

“What?� the healer said pushing his way to the front. He stopped dead at the naked boy lying on the floor, his face gone pale. "Somebody cover the lad!" he said looking furious as everyone just stood there unmoving.

“I was just…� the man tried to explain. “I was just…we were going to make love…and the boy…just…dropped to the ground dead!�

Anonymous

By the time the ruckus had started downstairs, Fai had nearly gotten everything back in order. His bed was once again clean and fragrant, and his many ruined robes had been replaced. He had sent an order to have Hayate's door replaced as well, though that would more than likely not happen for a few days at best.
He had ordered that he not be disturbed, so he had not yet gotten that money from Hayate's new 'client'.
He didn't even know what was going on below.

That was until someone literally burst into his room and screamed something that nearly made his heart stop.
"HAYATE'S DEAD!"
There was a slow moment where Fai could only stare at the person, unable to make out any of their features, whether they were male or female, nothing.
It was like someone had shut off his brain for just that fleeting moment.
"WHAT!?"
Fai didn't wait for a response, nearly throwing the unfortunate messenger out of his way as he dashed through the door and down the stairs.

It was unlike him, but he was again wearing normal clothing. His worn brown boots thudded on the wooden floor, tan pants loose around his legs, a white shirt billowing out around his bruised torso. It lay half-open, for his fingers had only been part-way done with buttoning it when the news had come.
He veritably stormed through the crowd of people.
"Get out of my way!" He barked, his brow set and his eyes smoldering.
He made it through the throng of people in record time, nearly stumbling through the doorway to see Hayate sprawled face-down on the ground, looking pale and...
Bleeding???

Fai shoved more onlookers out of his way in order to kneel down by the boy and turn him over. Pressing his ear to his chest, he waited for the tell-tale sign of life....
Oh thank the gods...
He was alive...
His crushing worry was suddenly replaced by anger.
"You little fool..." He whispered, then his head whipping up to glare at everyone.
"Stop standing there. He's not dead, the idiot simply passed out due to his phobia. Someone go get his damn robe. All the rest of you, get the hell out! You have things to be doing, you shouldn't be standing here gawking! Get out, now!!"

Long, strong arms scooped Hayate up with ease and took him back to the bed, laying him down and covering him with the sheets. He took the robe and threw it over the foot of the bed, to be used at a later time.
He gently tilted Hayate's head to the side to look at the wound on his neck.
Dammit...the bite wound...
It was bleeding.
He pressed his hand to the wound, glancing over his shoulder as he looked for the healer.
His face was drawn into a near-grimace from worry, eyes flat and hard. There was the prickling sensation of his wings trying to emmerge, but he faught it, trying to regain control of his rampant emotions.
Not only had Hayate gone and taken some new client without permission, the little bastard, but he did it with an open wound! That medicine hadn't worked on that bite at all...
Dammit Hayate, you had better not die!!

Anonymous

The healer watched patiently as Fai lifted the boy onto bed and then covered him. He watched the other man carefully, sudden realization framing those grizzly old features of his.

He wanted to ask what happened between the two men, but thought better of it as his worry for the boy replaced his sudden curiosity as the boy woke, whimpering as he tried to lift a hand.

“Now, now,� the healer said sitting down on the bed. He pressed the boy’s hand gently back down. “How did you end up here young Hayate? And injured no less? What were you thinking...�

Hayate didn’t answer, he just continued to cry; a harsh sound that made it seem as if something was tearing him apart. He threw his hand to cover his eyes, scared to look up at the old man who was with him, scared to say anymore. He felt ashamed of himself, and his blotchy cheeks showed his embarrassment, his shame, his foolishness. He knew he was alone somewhere with the healer, just the old man and himself…he could speak freely, maybe the old man would understand Hayate’s feelings…just maybe…but he felt himself slip into darkness again.

“Passed out,� the healer said.

The old man took a good look at the wound and stayed silent for a moment longer. He threw odd thoughts back and forth through his head, remembering his studies, remember old and forgotten knowledge and myth. Trying to find an answer, the solution, yet in the back of his head he knew what this was. No doubt about it.

Then it struck him as his eyes took in the pale skin, the dark circles under the lad’s eyes. “It’s too late,� he whispered.

The man looked up at Fai then back again at Hayate and his features tightened as if his next few words were painful to say. “You’ve got to kill the boy. Soon. He’s turning Faivish. The boy will soon be dead, replaced by a monster. Stake through the heart is the only way, or taking off his head and burning the body. Unless…no. That’s not possible...�

He looked back at Fai and raised one curious eyebrow. “I’ve heard of a spring, but right now its just a myth, a tale passed down by traveling gypsies and old women who have nothing better to say than make up crazy tales. Men have tried to find it, but never have.

“But, if it did exist. If this spring was somewhere close by…if it could be found….�

The healer stood and paced a little, ignoring everything and everyone else at that moment. Think, think, he told himself.

Then he stopped mid step, his face brightening at what he had pulled out of that old hat of memory inside his head. “Actually, I’ve been there before. I didn’t remember until now, but I recall when I was younger, travelling to this hot springs resort, probably a day’s walk from here up in the mountains. Well I had an incurable disease back then; I wanted to find somewhere to die. But I ended up finding myself in this resort. It was beautiful, almost untouched by man, but a happy couple met me and took me and knew I was dying.

“For the next several nights they led me to bath in a private pool up there. And before I knew it, I was leaving the resort fully healed.

“I didn’t think to put the pieces together until now… I know where that healing springs is! You can save young Hayate!�

“No,� Hayate murmured suddenly.

Hayate woke again, still not fully aware of where he was, but he had caught the last fragments of the healer’s speech. His eyes spilled near tears down his face.

“No…let me die,� he said softly, fighting to make sense of his surroundings. Everything was blurry, hard to hear, and darkness tugged at the corners of his mind.

To him it was just him and the healer. He didn’t realize Fai was in the room.

And suddenly without even knowing that the man he loved was close by his side he said, “I…I’m sorry.� His mind fought with him for consciousness. “I…hurt someone…I love…on purpose…I’m a horrible person…I deserve to die…for all the pain I…I caused Fai...I…love him so…please…just let me die! I don't want...to live another day...feeling this way...being in love with...Fai...�

He lost the fight at the moment as he once again found himself falling into darkness…

Anonymous

Fai hastily stepped back as the Healer came over to Hayate, and at a lack for anything to do, strode briskly to the door and shut it, keeping all prying eyes and ears out.
This probably helped in Hayate's assumption of being alone with the healer.
Returning to the bed, he nodded to the older man upon hearing that Hayate had passed out.
Again.
Well, he supposed it was to be expected.

That little fool...what was he thinking?? Did he have to go so far in proving his harsh lies as this? He put himself in danger...he was still wounded...

Jerking, his red-brown eyes turned to the man next to him, the man telling him strange intelligable things. He felt his body freeze, his heart pounding painfully within his cold chest. His hearing tunneled out, as though he were getting further and further from the healer at his side.
No...
He couldn't just...
Why was he saying these things???
He couldn't kill Hayate...!

The vampire...

"Gods be damned!" He cursed, breaking himself from his sudden cold brush with reality. He glared daggers at the healer as he tried to remember something else.
A spring...?
Dammit, at this point, anything was better than having to kill Hayate!
He nearly fell over as the healer announced he had been there before.
"You and your memory full of holes! Do not test my patience right now by leading me on!" His anger made him snappy, and it was his worry and fear that made him angry. He didn't know how else to deal with this helpless feeling in his gut...

"No"

Fai turned back to the bed, watching his charge speak as he lay half in and half out of consciousness. As the words tumbled out, Fai heard a buzzing in his ears, blocking out all other sound but that of Hayate's voice.
What...what was he...
What was he saying...??
Hayate...?

You're in love Fai...

Shit!
He turned away, his heart suddenly beating frantically, his breathing sporadic. His face felt hot, and he could feel a cold sweat on his brow.
Of course Hayate would profess his love for him and then pass out!!
Stupid, stupid boy...!!
But...
Damn him if he didn't love him back...
A small smile spread on Fai's hidden face even as his eyes stung with tears.
How disfunctional they were...

Within the hour Fai had a carriage and two suitcases prepared for their departure. They were going to that hotspring. He refused to kill Hayate, and if there was a chance to save him, he was going to try it.
He had Hayate's still-sleeping form laid across one of the benches and covered with a blanket, though he was in one of his robes now.
Fai set himself down on the bench opposite Fai, the cushions soft and plush under him.
And then  they rode, hard and fast, all the way to that hotspring.

When Hayate awoke, he would no longer be in the confines of that brothel. Instead, he would in his own changing room, right outside the healing spring, with towels and robes at his disposal when he woke from his makeshift bed. Fai had laid many of the thick, soft towels out on the wide stone bench within the changing room so that Hayate could lay there and wake at his leisure.

Fai himself? Well, he was already emmersed in the warm, steaming spring, the slightly mint-green waters soothing his bruised chest and cut back. His hair was pulled up and out of the way in a messy clip at the back of his head, those auburn eyes closed as he relaxed up to his neck in the pool.
And for as peaceful as he looked...worry and anxiety ate away at him from the inside out. Every five minutes he wanted to jump from the springs and check on Hayate. But he refrained...nothing would be gained from running naked back and forth from the room to the spa...
Just another twenty minutes, then he'd check on the boy. Yeah...
If minutes could go by any slower...!

Anonymous

“You’re a whore Hayate…that’s all you’ll ever be, to anyone…�

The quivering boy sat by the foot of the door, face down inbetween his curled up knees, head jerking with every sob that rose up from his throat. How long he had been sitting there in the darkness of his room he did not know, but all he knew was his body was aching, his loins sore and bruised, and every muscle and joint stiff from exertion. How could anyone have this much sex in one day and not die from it? Why did that other prostitute have to say that to him anyhow? Because he wanted to hurt Hayate, wanted him to be doing exactly what he was doing now alone in his room, spending his free time feeling miserable.

“Hayate!�

A woman’s shrill voice pulled him from his dark thoughts as she swung the door open in his room. “Have another client.�

Another client?

I just got done with the last one!

Hayate stood and wiped the tears from his eyes as a young girl fearfully walked into the room. She closed the door and peered at him with uncertain eyes. Hayate stepped back into the darkness of his room so she couldn’t see his red and blotchy face and she followed, tip-toeing towards him as if she was trying not to wake anyone.

“Are the walls…thin?� she asked.

“Huh?� Hayate looked up at the girl and sat down on his bed.

“I just…am embarrassed is all,� she said coming to stand in front of him. “My sister put me up to it, and I’m…I’ve never done this before.�

Hayate smiled as he looked at the girl. He brought up a hand to her dark skin and caressed her cheek softly. He could understand what she was feeling, what she was going through and he felt his tears start to fall again.

“Are you okay?� she asked taking a step towards him.

“I’m fine,� he said looking away, wiping his nose. “I’m new to this.�

“Oh.�

“I sort of know how you feel.�

The girl stared at him for some time and then moved to sit down on the bed next to him. She placed her hand gently on his knee and he was embarrassed to find himself jerking slightly by the gentle touch.

“I’m just a whore,� he said to her. “Everyone tells me that.�

“And my sister tells me I’m a prude.�

Hayate chuckled, then it caught on and soon both of them were laughing lightly.

“I’m not sure about this. Can we…talk for a while?�

“Talk?� Hayate said staring at her. His eyes then softened. “That would be nice…�

She smiled and soon the two of them were chatting for a good hour, finding that her time together was almost up.

Hayate turned to her just then and looked serious. “I won’t hurt you,� he said taking her hand and helping her onto her back. “I promise.� She nodded.

And soon the boy felt the memory vanish, replaced by a man who turned to face him. Hayate fell back a step and stared at a reflection of himself. But this Hayate was much different in some way that he could not grasp at first. It wasn’t a boy that was looking back at him, but the face of a man. Someone who had left childhood behind and was looking at the young more foolish Hayate with a gleam of interest in his eyes. Eyes that glowed with a savage inner fire.

“It’s time to grow up Hayate,� the man said to him.

Hayate stared at his reflection, eyes full of wariness and defeat. “No, I can’t! I don’t know how!�

“You must,� the reflection said and his image wavered on the distant horizon before him.

“Time to move ahead, Hayate. You have the strength to do so; you just don’t know it yet.

“You’re hanging on to something I’m tired of dealing with…

Dealing with? Why was he telling himself this? What did that mean?

“Time to let go of the past...

“You aren’t whore any longer.

“Become a man…�

Hayate froze in place as the image of the crying boy shattered into a million shards of bright amber stained glass, and the next thing he knew he was falling…

Hayate hurtled back to earth as reality struck. With a jolt he was sitting up, a hand coming to grasp the hair that blinded his eyes. With a slow movement he shoved the hair away from his face, breathing hard in the dim light of the room.

An unfamiliar room. Alone. Where was he? How did he get here?

The room came into focus with clear accuracy. This room was clean, the bench he lay on almost warm and inviting. For the first time in his life he felt his body relax even with a mountain of emotions weighing heavy on his shoulders. He picked at the robe on him, looked around him and at the sliding wooden door slightly ajar to his left. Had someone brought him here? Who?

Fai.

Of course! The healer. He recalled a tidbit of memory of that healer talking about some sort of place where Hayate could get better. But what sort of place was this? A spring. Yes he remembered now. What in the world was a hot spring anyway? A sort of…clinic?

He turned towards the door and dropped his feet to the floor, gingerly testing them to see if he could stand properly. He wobbled a little on his first attempt but was able to make his way to the door to peek outside to see where he was. Holy shit! He was right, Fai was there with him, looking like he was lounging around in a sort of natural pool. Hayate’s gaze drifted up and his breath caught in his throat at the sight he saw. Throwing the door open to get a better view Hayate stopped and stared at the wonder that was this hot spring.

White and pink petals floated down passed his face and the scent of clean fresh air greeted him as he mindlessly stepped down a few wooden stairs. He couldn’t rip his eyes away from what he was seeing. There was no way he could be alive. He must be dead, be dreaming again. A place like this just couldn't exist!

A garden filled with pink and white blossoming trees quivered in the warm breeze, and as far as his eyes could see there were small little pools of blue and pale green light scattered around a stone-laid walkway. Playful branches dipped teasingly into the pool nearby and he found himself unable to look away at the beautiful glistening water before him. A large fence was erected around these pools, and suddenly he realized there were other steamy baths on the other side of the wooden wall, as light danced through the tiny gaps in the fence.

Hayate took a timid step towards this unbelievable scene, a hand coming to touch the stinging mark on his neck. No, he was definitely alive, the pain in his body told him that much. Something pulled to him and he realized what it was as his gaze lingered on a pile of soft blue hair pulled up into a messy ponytail. The steam from the pool causing something in his chest to warm frightfully fast. Skin the color of chocolate honey…

Fai!

Hayate jumped back a step, tripped and came tumbling down in a heap of pain. The next sound that filled his ears felt so out of place. Several giggling girls rushed over to him, carrying heavy towels in their hands.

“Oh, the boy is awake,� one of them said kneeling down to help him sit up.

“Yes, yes off to the spring with you young lad.�

“Wait, but we must first wash him!�

“I agree sister.�

Sister?

Hayate blankly stared up at the sea of beautiful faces, feeling his skin turn a haughty shade of pink.

“No, um...I can wash myself…� He stumbled over his words.

“Nonsense!� one of the taller ones said helping him to stand. “Come on girls, usher him on over, let’s get him cleaned up so he can better!� She winked at Hayate.

“WAIT!� Hayate said throwing his hands in front of his legs as one of the ladies yanked his robe from his shivering body. “No, stop, wait--where’re you taking me?!�

Hayate glanced over to Fai and back towards the small shower stall they forced him to. They pushed him down onto a stool and the next thing he knew their hands were all over him, scrubbing gently at his weary body, their scent making him calm and relaxed again.

“Wow, this is nice…yes, I…I don’t mind,� he heard himself say as he closed his eyes, soft hands washing at his hair. “Hmm…�

“Now off to the healing spring with you!� one of them said spinning him around and walking away.

Then Hayate found himself alone. Well not really alone. The parade of lovely ladies had finished and he stood there scrubbed clean, his hair glistening with oil, a soft silken robe folded over him. His eyes were like green polished jade as he took a moment to soak everything in. He turned to look at Fai, the sudden horror of where they wanted him to go written all over his face. The confusion washing over him, the uncertain feelings that were threatening to come back again.

No, he couldn’t! He wasn’t!

Biting his lip, he turned his back to Fai and started away from the spring.

Like hell he was getting into the same hot spring as Fai! To hell with getting better…he just…wanted to find a place to be miserable, alone and die…

Just then he stumbled, his shoulder slamming into the wall nearby. Damn it, why was he so...weak? He felt his legs shake as they gave out underneath him and he fell to his knees with a cry.

Anonymous

Fai was coming close to the end of his patience. The beauty of this place could not put his heart or mind at ease, not until he was sure of Hayate's condition...
If only time could pass just a bit faster!
Snorting, Fai tilted his head back against the edge of the spring and stared up at the trees, watching as each pale petal floated by. He could feel the serenity of the scene brush along his skin, drift through his hair.
But that was as far as that peaceful air got.
It could not penetrate the dark worry that sat within him with leaden certainty.

Resisting the urge to jump up, Fai's head snapped to the side as he heard the door to Hayate's room open. Through carefully shaded auburn eyes he watched as Hayate took in the splendor of his place of healing, carefully readjusting his head so he could watch from just the corners of his eyes.
And then as Hayate's gaze alighted upon him...
Fai's eyes were closed, like he had never been looking, like he had not a care in the world.
He did not let anything about him give away the incredible relief he suddenly felt at seeing that boy stumble out into the light.

Blinking rapidly, Fai turned slightly in the pool to stare blankly at Hayate's sprawled form. Since when was Hayate so clumsy...?
In any case, he didn't have to move, for it seemed Hayate was being...ah...well taken care of by a group of estatic young girls. He felt the ends of mouth twitch up into a mild grin as he watched, amused by Hayate's reaction to all the attention.
That boy...

Fai arched a blue brow at the look of horror that suddenly crossed Hayate's face as the boy looked at him, and felt a bit of laughter well up in his chest, though he managed to withold it. His grin fell a bit as Hayate turned and began to walk away.
Just where exactly did he think he was going??
And then he heard a rather distinct thud.
"Dammit Hayate..." Fai hissed to himself, pulling himself from the hotspring. His body was far too relaxed, and all his limbs felt heavier than they should, the change in temperature nipping at his skin.
Throwing a towel around his waist for Hayate's sake, Fai quickly made his way over to Hayate, the boy now kneeling on the ground.

"What are you doing Hayate?" He demanded, carefully making his voice hard so as not to betray his feelings.
For Hayate...
Because this is what he wants...
Though he had covered any unmentionables with the towel, he had failed to realize just how appealing his wet upper body might be. It really wasn't the most important thing on his mind just then...
So, water dripping slowly down that 'chocolate honey' skin of his, Fai stooped and took Hayate firmly, but gently, by the upper arm.
"Come on boy, get up. You're sick, and this is the only place that can help you. Now, up." He tugged, giving Hayate a chance to lift himself of his own accord before Fai took matters into his own hands.
Literally.
He wasn't above carrying or dragging Hayate into that hotspring if he had to.
He wasn't going to loose this boy due to his damn stubborness...

Anonymous

“What’s it look like I’m doing!� Hayate snapped, glaring at Fai with scorn. “Let go of me, I’m not getting into that…that spring!�

He tried to rip his arm free and realized Fai was too strong for him to maneuver away from. He glared daggers back up at Fai, the touch of his hand hot like a kiss against his skin.

The older man overshadowed him with his body, and all Hayate could do was look away. Then he did a double take as his eyes took in every detail of that wet, dark body, sending a sensuous jolt of electricity reeling through his thighs, and down to every fiber of his body. Against his will Hayate’s body reacted and he pressed the material of his robe back down to hide his arousal.

How embarassing he thought as his face betrayed him and turned a dark shade of dusty pink. There's no way I can hide this! I need to get the hell out of here before he sees me like this!

“Dammit,� he murmured as he felt the magnetism of Fai’s appeal start to pull his face closer to Fai’s. That scent dragged him in, tingling underneath his skin. His lips were so close to Fai’s now. He could see the moisture on that delicate mouth of his, the way Fai’s lips parted in fury. Oh, how bad he wanted to kiss Fai again, to breathe in that sweet fragrance, to allow his mouth to linger on that dark skin until he embedded his whole being into the other man.

Oh man Fai’s anger was getting him all hot and bothered. He wanted to say, yes Fai, scold me baby. Yes, just like that…the way you always handle me...

Hayate all at once felt the overwhelming need to take Fai’s mouth with his own. He groaned softly, his mouth lifting in mute invitation. Lips brushed up against wet lips and something snapped inside that young head of his as he yanked his face away and began fighting with Fai to be free of him. “Let me go dammit!â€?

Oh gods, Hayate hoped Fai thought that was a fluke or his imagination. He couldn't believe how close he had been from revealing the truth about how he felt!

Anonymous

"It looks like you're acting like a spoiled child! And why won't you get into that spring!?" He barked back, finally able to let his true frustrations take over for his false anger. This boy was so damn stubborn!
This was a matter of life or death, and he didn't seem to realize that!
He clenched his teeth as Hayate looked away, wondering if he really would have to drag his stubborn charge all the way back to the spring and throw him in....

But the mood suddenly changed as Hayate's eyes returned from the floor and roamed over his body. Ah...shit...
An actual slight blush heated Fai's cheeks upon seeing the rather obvious reaction Hayate's body had to his own. Since when did something like that make him blush!?
Ah, Hayate was making this so difficult...why couldn't the boy just make up his mind??
Fai could feel his body tremble alittle as Hayate drew closer to him, and he had to fight against everything in him not to close the distance himself.
Dammit Hayate, what are you doing...?

His stomach knotted at the soft groan that escaped Hayate, and he knew that if they kissed both of their resolves would be broken just like that. Their lips just barely brushed, and his heart skipped a beat before...
"Gah!" Hayate's arm jerked free of his hold, his fingers having gone lax at the anticipation of the event.
He felt his frustration bubble back up, and this time he grabbed Hayate with both arms, wrapping them under Hayate's arms as he hefted the boy up.
"You either get into that spring, or you turn into a vampire and I..." His voice cracked. "Or I have to kill you."
Composure, you must regain your composure!
"Now stop being a stubborn brat and get in the hotspring!"
Even as he spoke he was dragging Hayate backwards, toward the edge of the spring.

Once there, he gruffly shifted one hand to grab the back of Hayate's thigh and then...
Uncerimoniously picked him up and threw him into the spring.
"I win."

Anonymous

“No, stop, wait Fai, you don’t understandâ€"â€?

Hayate screamed like a little girl as he felt his body go flying through the air, landing in a rather loud and painful splash. His side hit the water and he went under instantly, not returning to the surface as he fought to reach for that fresh cool air. He kicked his feet trying to feel for the bottom of the spring, but found none. His arms couldn’t feel anything but deep liquid nothing.

How long was he under? Oh well, he wasn't playing around, he seriously could not swim! He never had the chance to learn and the pool in the bath house back at the brothel had a bottom he could reach! And like he was going to go around telling people especially Fai things he could not do.

Alarm sounded in his voice as his head popped to the surface, arms flailing on both sides. “Helpâ€"Faiâ€"Iâ€"can’tâ€"Iâ€"can’t…swim!â€?

Hayate felt himself pulled down into the hot water, and he swallowed in his hysteria, arms breaking through the surface trying to pull himself up. At that moment he realized he didn’t want to die, he just wanted fresh air, the warm sensation filling him as he continued to drink in the water. He closed his mouth his eyes aching at the pressure begining to build inside his chest.

The bite on his neck was the furthest thing from his mind, and he didn’t realize at that moment, the mark disappeared and he was free from the vampire’s curse…

Anonymous

Fai swore that if this kept up he was surely going to die of a heartattack...
Of all the things, the boy couldn't swim!?
Panic swept through Fai's body, and his muscles swelled with the energy adrenaline provided to them. He plunged feet-first into the pool, reaching out with long arms as he kept his head above water, needing to be able to see the flailing Hayate in order to rescue him.
For a moment all he could hear was the beating of his heart and the splashing of the warm, healing waters.

He felt his arms touch soft wet skin, and he grabbed Hayate about the middle and heaved his head above water. Cradeling him against his chest, Fai struck the center of his back a few times to dislodge any water in Hayate's lungs.
There were hundreds of angry words that wanted to spill out, but instead, something else left his lips.
"These waters are meant to heal people, and yet you nearly drown..."
He grinned tiredly, able to feel Hayate's heartbeat against his chest. Thank the gods he was alright...

Anonymous

Hayate looked up at Fai, and for the first time in a long time it was the one face he was glad to see. He threw his arms around Fai’s neck, clinging onto him as if his life depended on not letting go. He didn’t even bother to wipe his wet bangs stuck to the top half of his face. He just pressed his wet body as far as it could go against Fai, his legs wrapping around the other man’s waist in a tight hold.

There was no way in the world he was going to let go! Even if he had sworn he’d never get to close to Fai again. Right now that was furthest from his mind as he pressed his wet head against Fai’s chest startled at being alive and breathing fresh air. He slumped in Fai’s arms and felt himself little by little giving up the fight.

The heat rose inside him, a gentle pull that worked its way inside his chest, easing him against the man he loved. The fear washed away replaced by a sense of peace. A small smile played on his lips as he moved to sit in Fai’s lap, legs together off to the side, and closing his eyes he allowed the warm water to calm him down even more.

“It seems you keep saving me,� Hayate said after some time, tranquil now. More placid than he had ever been in his life. He wanted to stay this way forever, to be held like this yet those words kept coming back to haunt him.

You’re a whore Hayate. That’s all you’ll ever be, to anyone…

And he knew that was all he could ever hope to be. Even if he loved this man and the possibility that Fai loved him as well? No, even if so it wouldn’t change anything. And working each day side by side with him would be pure hell.

Hayate broke free from Fai and it was the hardest thing he had to do, to stop touching him, stop being near him. He gripped the side of the pool and waddled over a few feet away, his back towards Fai, head bent low in defeat.

“Why did you bring me here? Why are you still even here? After all those horrible things I said to you?

Looking back, he knew Fai was kinder than he wanted anyone to know. How could he not love the man who was closest to him? How could he even think about causing him this kind of pain? Hayate’s eyes brimmed with tears and he suddenly felt like the world’s biggest jackass.

His vow not to become involved shattered.

“Actually I went to far. I said too much the other day. I didn’t mean to call you a half-breed...freak, I was only…trying to make you hate me is all. To leave me alone. I had no right to call you that."

He couldn't look the man in the eye at his next words.

“To me you are the most beautiful, caring, amazing person I know. I look up to only you Fai. You’re my best friend. You’re my family. From the very first moment I laid eyes on you, I wanted to be you. You took my breath away and still do. Your wings, your markings, your hair…when I look into your eyes…when I see you…�

My heart races inside my chest. I don’t want to be with anyone else.

He couldn’t bring himself to reveal every emotion inside him. Holding back he chuckled a little at his chatter. He couldn’t say it. He should just stop now while he was ahead. All he wanted to do was apologize to the guy for being such a dick the other day, not go and just blow everything out of the water and tell him he loved him!

“I know, I’m just some troublemaker, but I still…�

Want to be with you Fai.

Just then a distraction arrived in the form of a bubbly waitress carrying a tray of food. She smiled down at Hayate and the boy’s mouth watered as he reached for a couple rice balls and stuffed them into his mouth. Boy, was he famished! He could eat a whole horse if he had too.

The waitress giggled and he pushed himself up to give her a kiss on the cheek to thank her. She blushed prettily and gave him a look that said, “I’ll be around later if you need me� and hurried off.

Anonymous

Fai was put at ease by Hayate's embrace, letting out a soft sigh above the boy's head. One arm was banded around Hayate's waist, the other rubbing his back gently, through the water-logged robe. There was only mild surprise when Hayate's legs suddenly wrapped around his waist, quickly put at ease by the knowledge that he was probably just frightened.
He continued to rub his back even as he took a few steps back until he felt the rough stone hit his calves and was able to sit. Even as he did so, Hayate switched positions as well, now sitting contentedly on his lap. He was reminded once again of what Hayate had said back at the brothel, in front of himself and the healer...
He loved Fai...

As they sat, Fai's hand came to rest, that arm now around Hayate's shoulders, holding him close. This was bad, he was supposed to be trying to stay as aloof as Hayate...
But then again, the boy was being anything but aloof right now.
A small laugh escaped him, causing his chest to move with it.
"That's becuase you keeping getting yourself into trouble, Hayate."
It seemed no matter what he did, his voice always softened upon saying his name...
Hayate...

His arms fell away as Hayate suddenly moved from him, and it took all his willpower to let him leave. But damn if he didn't wish Hayate would just make up his mind already! Love or aloof...he needed to pick one before Fai went out of his mind from switching back and forth!
After a soft sigh, Fai turned a bit to face the back Hayate presented him, his words coming out unhindered.
"I brought you here to save you. I'm here to look after you. And I believe you said what you did for a reason...because you felt you needed to."
He wondered, in the back of his mind, if Hayate would realize Fai was simply playing along with him, copying his aloof nature for his sake. He wondered if Hayate would realize he knew all that Hayate had said the other day was a lie...

Those next words pulled a small smile from Fai, and he pretty much gave everything away.
"Yes, I know. It's alright."
He knew all along it was all meant to drive him away...
However, the little speech that followed left Fai blinking. He felt as though he were waiting for something, for something more to be said.
There were so many words hanging in the air, left unvoiced by Hayate.
Why couldn't he just come out and say it...? What was holding him back?
What was holding him back...?

His gaze darkened a bit at the interplay between Hayate and the waitress.
MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!
Without warning Fai splashed Hayate, snorting and again having his regal, aloof face on.
"Why do you say such random, useless things? How am I supposed to respond to all that? I understand and accept your appology. Just leave it at that."
He suddenly felt uncomfortable, again unsure just what exactly Hayate wanted of him. Sighing as if irritible, Fai rose from the springs and stepped out, long brown legs carrying him over to the clothes rack. He stripped free of the drenched towel and wrapped himself into one of the fuzzy white robes.
Turning to leave, Fai simply gave Hayate some advice.
"Just stay in the spring for another twenty minutes or so, and it should heal you up quite a bit. Get out if you start to feel dizzy from the heat. It'd be a hassle if you drowned."

He could think of nothing else to say, and so left Hayate to his own devices.
Why did this have to be so hard...?