Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home Again, Home Again (Bluuuuuue!)

Started by Anonymous, September 01, 2006, 03:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Enno only blinked at the tapping. What now? He turned his head and arched a brow at her question. "All right, then--I wasn't planning on doing anything stupid." In fact, all he wanted was to get his vermillion and go back to sleep.

He felt a tingling in his fingers. It wasn't anything like the tingling that his vermillion gave him...it was...

Hell. He didn't know.

Odd... "Just lemme..." He gently picked it off the shelf and put it on his shoulder before heading back to the bed to sit down, still a bit groggy. He looked up at her, his shawl halfway off his head. He was too tired to notice. "What, you thought I was going to murder you in your sleep?"

Anonymous

Jakki narrowed her eyes at him a bit, but removed her sword from his shoulder, she placed the unsharpened edge against her own shoulder. She chose not to say anything as he got out his weapon, though it did put her alittle on edge.
She had just met him not too long ago, and already they weren't on the best of terms. Then again, he'd gone a wee bit psycho earlier and all...

She stepped back out of the way to let him return to the bed, but kept a wary eye on him anyway. A small grin appeared on her face and she snorted at him.
"As if you could."
She simply shook her head.
"Mio told me to keep an eye on you and make sure you didn't do anything stupid. Why do you need your weapon now anyway?"
Jakki made sure to move close to the edge of the bed, just in case. She wished she could trust him...but he had sort of shattered all that earlier...
Ugh, she prefered getting along with other Carpathians...
Hmm, speaking of which.

Tilting her head, Jakki let her other hand rest on her hip. The fact his shawl was half-off didn't really click right now, since he wasn't the only one that was groggy. She was just better at hiding it.
"Hey...have you found your lifemate yet?"
It seemed like a weird question to ask but...
But she had a good reason for wanting to know.

Anonymous

At her words, he hissed lowly. “Fuck him,â€? he spat. “…The bastard.â€? Strike two. She’d mentioned his abnormal lack of social graces earlier, now…now himâ€"Satu’s damn lifemate. The last thing he wanted to be reminded of was that guy.

He shook his head, his shawl coming to rest covering the rest of his head. He took a long, aggravated pause to catch his breath at her question.

He never caught it.

Strike three.

“Why in hell do you want to know?� He had about enough of her. He stood to his feet, defensive, but not aggressive. Almost out of instinct, he threw his shawl off his head and onto the bed, revealing himself to her, tainted innocence and all. His green eyes blared with moonlight and the light being reflected off of the raindrops outside. “Look, unless there’s some dire reason, don’t talk to me about that. In fact, don’t talk to me period.� He swung his vermillion out of frustration in a circle before heading to the door.

Damn this place. Damn her. Damn Satu. This is what his father meant by “don’t get attached.� Don’t get attached… Why had he been attached to his sister? He pondered this as he flung the door open and made his way down the stairs and stood contemplating the rain briefly before remembering his shawl.

“Oh, goddamn it…� He didn’t really want to go back after storming out like he did, but he needed to shield his face from other, more unintelligible eyes. Enno’s eyes glanced from the peaceful blue staircase with silver railings back to the rain. “Goddamn it.�

He hated the rain. He’d sat in it before with Satu one day when they had first run away from home. It was the most degrading feeling he could remember…

((Crapsville! XD))

Anonymous

Jakki's face tightened as Enno cursed at Lomion. Her surrogate brother.
The only fucking family she had.
How dare he!!
Talk about strikes??? He'd just hit the only one there was for Jakki.
Gods how she wanted to take his head off right then...

But she managed to hold her tongue. Managed to be a bit more mature.

Until he went off on her.

Goddammit, what was wrong with this grouch!?

She was a bit surprised by his appearance, but it didn't show, for her entire body was tense and her face was drawn into a grimace.
What an ass...
She let him storm out. She had to, or she'd end up screaming her head off at him.
Jakki was too old for that...she needed to cool her head and collect her thoughts.
Obviously something was bothering him...alot. She didn't really know him...but...

That didn't mean she couldn't try talking with him.

That beautiful silver sword was slipped back into the ivory sheath, that matching white belt slinging around her hips. She took up his thrown shawl, and calmly walked her way down the hall, listening to the dull thud of her booted heels on the floor.
Calmly she decended the stairs, the cool of the night and the pittering of rain easing her anger. The rain reminded her of the day she found her parents dead, but she still loved the sound of it, despite the memory that struggled to taint such a lovely thing.

Without a word, she held the folded length of cloth he had forgotten out to him.
"You shouldn't take your anger out on other people."
She crossed her arms, looking out at the rain.
"Lomion's a good person, and you don't know him well enough to judge him. I asked about your lifemate because I was worried you might be succumbing to the whisper of vampirism."
She sighed, and then glared flatly at him.
"And a good brother would be happy for his sister having found her lifemate."
He hadn't needed to say anything flat out for her to have guessed at what was making him so twitchy around Mio and Satu.

(Aww, twas not crappy!)

Anonymous

He glanced over at the shawl that had been thrust in his general direction. He took it with a nod of half-hearted thanks, listening to her explain why he shouldn't say such things, and blah, blah, blah. He glared at her sidelong as she defended Lomion...and questioned his brotherly love for Satu.

All he was was jealous--he wanted her attention and wanted to protect her. Letting her go and be in someone else's arms was rough. He didn't answer that.

Then...

Vampyrism. He chuckled with a macabre face as he looked out at the rain. "Vampyrism's what got us here. It's why I can't show my face as much as I'd like. But...now that you mention it..." He turned to look at her briefly. "You'll put me out of my misery if I do go vamp, won't you?" It was almost a plead. He shook his head and put the shawl back on.

"Nevermind what I asked." It was too late to be saved--if there was such a thing, he would most likely be going to hell for all that he'd done.

Should he go now or wait? He wanted to leave, but something was keeping him behind...something important.

((LIES! D: It t'was so crappy! And so was zis (zis=this) one! D8 ))

Anonymous

Gah, he was so obnoxious! Couldn't he at least try and find something to be happy about??
This was getting on her nerves!
Sighing, Jakki kept her arms tightly crossed over her chest. The chill of the rainy air was tickling along her bare skin, easily penetrating her clothes.
It wasn't a big deal though, she liked the feeling.
Rain was fresh, relaxing, and was probably the only thing keeping her from flying off the handle at this guy.

She wouldn't look him in the eye when she finally spoke.

"Yes, I'd kill you if you turned..." She breathed deeply.
"I hate it though. Vampires are the ones who took away my and Lomion's family. That action led us to be hunters. But...it's still hard to look into their eyes when you kill them, to know that they were once like you, a Carpathian. To know that it was their own heritage that doomed them, because they are a Carpathian and couldn't find their lifemate. I hate it...but I don't want anyone else's childhood to be stolen like ours were, for anyone else to have to go through that loss."
Another soft sigh, a slight frown.
"Your troubled heart is worn on your sleeve, I guess. You don't let anyone close, you say and do mean things. And I'd have to assume there's a reason. I hide mine though, most of the time. I've done horrible things, killed alot of vampires, killed Carpathians that were about to turn, even killed humans that tried to stop me. It's not something I can look back on with pride. It hurts. But I have things to look forward to as well. I have Mio, and a new friend in Satu. Chances to laugh and be happy, because I choose to be happy whenever possible rather than let it drag me down. That's how I live, and I have no regrets about what I have chosen to do. Otherwise I'd probably go crazy."

Finally she just snorted and shook her head.
"Eh, I talk too much. You probably stopped listening before I even started talking."
She stepped forward, nearly into the rain.
"I guess I can't help it...I love my people. I love meeting Carpathians. I love talking to them, watching them. We're so rare now...all I ever seem to see are Carpathians-turned-vampire...I wish there were more normal ones for me to talk to."
She debated with herself whether or not she wanted to step out into the rain. Watching it soothed her, and a part of her wanted to feel it on her dark skin. It would remind her of that day when everyone died, remind her of why she decided to lead such a hard life.
She held one hand out, feeling the cold, heavy drops splatter onto her palm and wrist. The white fabric of her sleeve went nearly transparent there, where the rain hit, and she grinned.
Right, that was why she shouldn't just step out into the rain. She'd might as well be naked if she did that.

And there it was, her ability to smile despite all that had happened.

(No, it did not suck! Although Enno is an ass, lol...^^)

Anonymous

Listening to her, his eyes softened from underneath his shawl. Raising his brows, he noticed something--she understood him somewhat. He did wear his heart on his sleeve. It was something he never used to do before that dreadful afternoon.

He continued to stare at her as she mentioned talking to much. "No. You..." She what? "You don't talk too much." In fact, any sort of communication took his mind off of what was constantly reeling within him--he loved it. It was just...just that he didn't know how to act around others. He needed to re-learn how to be like Satu, like...

...like Jakki.

He blinked at her and withdrew, finding himself brushing her mind gently. "But I, ah...I understand what you mean by our race dwindling and all. It's almost like it's a cosmic game. Those who quit being a Carpathian also quit being...well, being." He watched her as she stuck her wrist out in the rain. Curves. As always, his abstract brain threw out a free-associated word to get his attention. What? Her curves? What curves? It was her wrists, for goodness' sake! He blinked the thought waaaay back into his mind. "If we hang in there, maybe...maybe some good will come of it. Maybe the next generation will evolve." He paused and contemplated the rain. "Do...do you think so?"

Little by little, Enno was calming down--she was calming him down. He jerked his head at a noise coming from the staircase and staggered slightly as a blinding white light flashed before him. Dammit, Satu--the affects from her hitting Enno in the temple were still at work.

He caught himself discreetly and smiled sheepishly, secretively, from under his shawl.

Whoops.

((Yeah. He can be a real jackass--that's Enno for ya! ^-^
Enno: Hey! I can be sweet, too! I promise I can be! Tell 'em, Jakki! D: ))

Anonymous

Jakki blinked and turned her head, watching Enno then with mild surprise from her strange purple eyes. They were so dark, but when the light hit them, they were the richest, deepest purple ever.
How in the world had she ever gotten eyes like that...?
"Eh? Really?"
She turned to face him a bit more, her hand still out in the cold rain. A sheepish grin crossed her face.
"I would have expected you to get annoyed with me talking so much."
Then again, she knew she still had very little idea as to how he really acted. She had felt his mind just barely brush the surface of her consciousness, but didn't really mind.
She didn't block her mind from other Carpathians.

His next words surprised her even more, and she smiled.
"Wow, you're like...bipolar. One minute you're cranky, the next you're nice and kind of sentimental."
She laughed softly.
"Well, I like this side better. Anyway...I guess we can only hope that our race survives and gets stronger. I've heard rumors that Carpathian lifemates have been born into other species, like humans. I hope it's true...I really want our people to find peace. I only wish I knew why we have such a shortage of females born. Honestly, just about every single vampire I kill is male."

She sighed at that, and drew her wet hand back inside. Her fingers were going mildly numb from the cold in any case.
Enno's sudden movement caught her attention, and she noticed his stagger. Many years of training to see even the most imperceptable of movements from one's enemy could help when spotting things like this.
Both hands held his shoulders gently but firmly.
"Hey, are you alright?" She grinned at him. "Satu pegged you pretty good in the head, I wouldn't be surprised if you're still healing up. When was the last time you drank anything?"
If he hadn't drank blood in awhile, then his healing would be down. Speaking of, there was only faint brusing on her throat now from her crushed windpipe of earlier.
That had actually been one of the scariest moments of her life. She could have suffocated at that rate...

(Lmao!
Jakki: Hey, woah, what?? Don't drag me into this! ^^;;; )

Anonymous

((XD Oh, Jakki! So helpful!))

He had blushed at her statement about being bi-polar. No, it wasn't that. He was irate, that was all. Just irate.

Carpathians, he heard her say, may've been born into the human race. He prayed that was so.

When she caught him, he blinked, his green eyes visible from under the shawl that made it seem like his eyes were just hanging in the darkness. He looked at her. "Yeah, she did...but I haven't drank anything, no." And he wasn't about to go out looking for blood right now, either.

That rain was really pouring now...and he was getting chilled just from keeping the door open. He muttered an "excuse me" before moving away from Jakki to close the door. "Don't worry about my health--I'll heal when I heal."

Anonymous

(Lol, ain't so though?? XD
Jakki: Eheheh...^^;;; )

Wow...she had even gotten a blush from him! She had to stifle a grin at that. What a strange guy! One minute he was angrier than a cornered viper, and the next he was talking about the future of their race and actually blushing.
Yeah, he had to be bipolar or something similar...
Well, it was both cute and amusing to Jakki, so she didn't mind.
She just hoped he didn't decide to become mr.cranky anytime soon...

She allowed him to leave her in order to close the doors, the chill now blocked and the sound of rain muffled.
A small smirk appeared on her face at his words.
"I'll worry about your health if I please!"
Then she just shook her head.
"Anyway, you shouldn't starve yourself. If you get attacked in that condition, you could very well die. You sure you'll be alright? You can have some of my blood to hold you over if you want."
She offered it so carefreely, as she had always offered her blood to Lomion back in the days when blood could be scarce. It wasn't as good as drinking human blood, but it could hold another Carpathian over for a few nights until they could feed.

Of course, there was also the problem that sometimes the only way to tell someone was your lifemate was by drinking their blood...

(Jakki, you ditz *smacks her upside the head*)

Anonymous

He blinked at her--what was she, his caretaker? Even more interestingly enough, she offered her own blood. "That may not be the best idea," he said with a chuckle dipped in slight embarassment. He began climbing the stairs, his vermillion hanging harmlessly over his shoulder.

Turning to look behind him to see if Jakki was following, he saw another flash of white light. He grasped the silver railings of the staircase and paused. Maybe he did need a little drink...

He continued up the stairs and into the room that Satu and Lomion once occupied. He watched the candles finally die, leaving him in the darkness. He leaned against the door and waited for Jakki, his new roommate, to get her ass up the stairs already.

((I kinda lost my grip. I had to add that last line. XD Sorry if it's, ah...bad, too. Not really thinking straight after reading "The Lords of Discipline" (which happens to be the worst book ever).
XD Aww! Dun hit her! She's making it up to E for not being helpful earlier.))

Anonymous

"Eh?"
She didn't understand why it wouldn't be a good idea...
Oh well, it's not like she could really force it on him or anything. Nodding, she calmly followed him up the stairs, the pattering of rain the only sound. So soothing...
Her fingers gently met the middle of his back when he paused, knowing full-well why. Getting clonked in the head tended to make one pretty dizzy.
Yes, she did know from experience.

Those moments of silence led them both back to the dark room in which they were apparently staying. Jakki removed the sword from about her waist and set it down on her pillow, glancing over as the candles dimmed and died, leaving them in darkness.
A darkness through which she could easily see.
"Alright, well...if you don't want my blood, then...can you still eat food? That might help a bit. Resting for awhile would be the best though."
She motioned toward the bed, though she herself went to the window to listen to the rain. She was tired, but not enough so to go lay down.
Smiling alittle, she rested her head against the wooden blinds, able to feel the coolness of the outside air just alittle from behind the barriers of glass and wood.

Anonymous

When her fingers had touched is back, he hadâ€"for a brief secondâ€"purred. It was an involuntary sound, but…but what place deep down in him did it come from? He had shaken the thought away and prayed she didn’t hear him as he had ascended the stairs.

He smiled softly at her questionâ€"he hadn’t eaten real food since forever. He didn’t carry his mother’s genesâ€"the genes that allowed her to eat foods as well as take blood without too much trouble. Satu, however, had that gene. Lucky girl. “No. I don’t eat the stuff,â€? he muttered. He couldn’t help but think he’d have to drink from her.

What if…? He stopped the thought before it went any further. What if’s were the worst. They always left him wondering, worried, and sometimes frightened.

“Maybe…� But he wasn’t tired. Couldn’t she see that? He couldn’t sleep now that he’d talked to her. Talking for a long period of time always woke him up. Why, he would never know.

It seemed as if he’d have to drink from her…

((Sorry--I tried to not make it craptacular. D8;;;; ))

Anonymous

It was probably a good thing Jakki was about as oblivious as she was perceptive about 50% of the time.
She hadn't noticed his purr.

Whatever smile he held, she couldn't see it, his habit of covering his head and face with his shawl blocking his face from her view.
Jakki shrugged at his answer, lifting her head from the blinds and turning her open, purple eyes to him
"I didn't think so. You didn't seem fledgling-age anymore, where you'd be able to eat food still. Oh well, you should still rest, that'll probably help."

She didn't know he was about as tired as she...meaning he wasn't. And she also wasn't going to press the issue about giving some of her blood to him. He had already said no, so case closed.
He wasn't dying, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
They could always just go feeding that night with Mio and Satu.

"Hey, by the way Enno...are you feeling any better?"
The look in her eye told him that she didn't mean physically. She meant emotionally...

(*pets* ^^)

Anonymous

She'd asked him that question as he was about to sit on the bed. The question caught him mid-sit and he froze. Then, sitting down, he ignored the actual question. "Compared to how I was feeling earlier, I'd have to say I'm all right." He was referring to his head.

He didn't want to mention the thoughts running through his mind and was doing a good job of harnessing them into the depths of mental privacy. ((Ooh! Gotta use that phrase in my novel somewhere! >w< )) They were just as evil, cutting, and ready to attack as his vermillion. All because he was a vicious murderer. Him--who used to be the shy one.

Why?