Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Drinks Are Poured-Nightshade and Resalia

Started by Anonymous, September 16, 2006, 02:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I stood in front of the mirror but was not looking at myself. I was staring at an envelope that I was tapping on the sink. It was gold and shiny with dark red edges. Mikael had sent me five of these. An invitation to his most recent party in the Terrin Mountains. He had a large mansion away from the large city. He was one of my children I had created recklessly. I was very interested in how he had found me after such a long time.

I looked up at myself and nodded to myself making the decision. I would go, if only this once. His parties were supposed to be amazing things, of legends. I smiled, and he would be an old man right now if I had not fixed that little thing called aging for him. It could be dangerous for me at the party as well. I smiled even wider. Blood, danger and class, sounds just like the place for me.

I walked from the bathroom and went to my dressing room which was coincidentally empty. People would find my home very strange. I closed my eyes and the clothes around me faded into green sparkles of magic and disappeared. I smirked at my reflection for a moment and then concentrated and green sparkles flew around me again this time taking a different shape. I put myself in a long elegant black velvet form fitting dress that came down to my knees. Black high heeled shoes appeared on my feet with dark red sparkles running across them. I turned around in the mirror and looked at my work. Perfect. I took my hair down out of the bun and unbraided a few of the braided places. I held it in my hands and it started to curl just ever so slightly half way down. My violet eyes  Istood out from my pale face. I moved my finger across them and gold sparkles crossed my eyelids and catlike eye makeup outlined my eyes. I nodded at my reflection and turned and left the room.

My men came and picked me up in a navy blue carriage with two brown horses. I had learned to stay away from animals as much as I could. They did not care for demons very much; they could smell something more than humans could. I hurried into the carriage and one of them shut it behind me. I frowned at how slow this travel was. I could remember when cars existed before The Destruction. I closed my eyes remembering the cities I had seen when I was just a demon visiting. This time was better; we could run more rampant, less organization, harder communication.

We arrived at Mikael's mansion in the mountains it stood about five stories tall. It looked like a small silver castle. One of his girls met me at my carriage door. She wore a long yellow skirt and a black corset with a long red jacket over it. Very weird outfit choices Mikael. She helped me out and bowed to me. I took her arm. She had shining green eyes. This human, walked elegantly. I moved her hair from her neck and sighed, someone had already taken a bit out of her, who knows how many she had other places. I did not like seconds. Mikael probably had someone set aside for me and wanted to share it with me.

I stepped in the house as a man and woman opened the doors to me. The red head wanted to walk the rest of the way with me.

"No thank you. I know the place plenty well enough." I could sense Mikael as soon as I entered. The ginger smell of his blood he had always had hit my nose hard. It had been a long time since I had been anywhere near him. I decided to walk around for a bit before finding him.

Everyone seemed to be gossiping and sitting around in different rooms. The part where all the vampires pretended they were still human and were not here to eat them. I sat down in the corner of a less crowded room with a cushioned chair. The vampires that walked by stared at me. I crossed my legs stretching them just right so they looked ridiculously long. They must have been able to tell how old I was, or maybe Mikael had told some of them about me because most moved to the other side of them room when they saw me. How hurtful I thought sarcastically. I smirked at them when they walked past, I could see fear in some of their eyes, other were better at hiding it.

Hopefully this would get more exciting...

Anonymous

((Sorry I took so long!!!))

Stand with the whores or play new boy? Chad smirked. It wasn’t a hard choice to make, though the blood of the vampire junkies put him off slightly. Second rate blood always made his nose wrinkle.

Normally punk kid in leather, Chad had decided that for this party he should wear something more fitting, something more formal. And so he’d donned the frilly shirt and the claret period jacket with the lacy overspills from the shirt sleeves, along with the tight black leather trousers that looked as if they’d been melted onto him. The soft suede black boots finished off the outfit nicely.

Of course he’d left his hair as it was. The long fringe that covered his right eye; the rest slicked back. Because of that it looked kind of greasy in some lighting, but hey it was a great style. And yes, his maroon hair had been dyed from brown.

The only other thing different to Chad’s appearance was that he’d had his left ear pierced; a small ring of silver kept the skin from healing over. It hurt a bit, but pain was pleasure right?

As he made his way through the murmuring throng of vampires, he tried to make out bits of conversation. Clinking of glasses chimed against the soft humming of rising and falling voices; laughter to his left, a polite decline of blood wine from a servant and he’d made his way to the other side of the decadent hall.

This party looked like it was going to be pretty formal- he caught other vampires in different rooms chatting, and acting…so civilised. There was a slight commotion as a new guest arrived, but Chad paid them no heed. He was more interested in finding out where…Maria was. Or Seraphina. Or even Damien.

That damn blonde hadn’t been seen for centuries. Grinning slightly, Chad smirked again as he remembered the last time the sexy ancient had shown his face. And remembered the look of surprise on his face as he’d been liplocked into a lip bruising kiss by yours truly. Ah, sweet memories. Back then, Chad had been a young raucous rampant playboy newly turned vamp. Not much had changed now, though he supposed he was a lot wiser in…arts…of many kinds.

Man, this party sucked. There weren’t many old ones here; only about twelve older than he was…well twelve that he knew by sight anyway. And though five hundred years was old, it wasn’t that old.

His eyes met a pair of defiant ones across the room. He thrust his chin insolently and strode off, fingers whipping a glass from a tray he passed. Probably someone he’d jilted in the past.

Who was this Mikael guy anyway? He’d never heard of this vamp. Taking a sip- and it was pretty good blood wine- he raised an eyebrow as a vampire launched herself at one of the servants, unable to control herself. One of the junkie whores. Security swiftly appeared at the scene of commotion and in a few seconds everything resumed its masquerade. That was all this party really was- a dance between the beautiful dangers that touched the borders of reality.

Reciting poetry this early in the evening? This party must suck pretty bad if he was already on his fifth glass of blood wine.

((Hmm…I think we should have another posting round before we introduce our characters to each other, just to get more atmosphere, descriptions etc. Maybe introduce Mikael? By the way, the defiant eyes Chad’s eyes met earlier are the ones of your charrie! ^^))

Anonymous

God, Mikael should know how to throw better parties. I rolled my eyes at the antics of some of the vampires present. They were worthless. Some so young they still smelled human. He really let anyone in didn't he? I lifted my nose to the air and breathed in deep. Something was...different. Mikael. He had taken in another old vampire's blood. I heard his steps as the rest of the room faded she clomp of his boots. He had worn the same pair forever they must be falling apart by now. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder he must have fed several times tonight already.

"Mikael." He squeezed her shoulder then moved to sit across from her. He had changed since she'd last seen him. He was very pale, he was tan when she first made him. He had dark hair tied back in a tight ponytail. His eyes were a strange yellow color. He smiled at her a smirk pullling at his lips.

"Jyoti." I frowned at the nickname, I had always told him not to call me that and he reveled in bugging me once again like he always had. His hand played with a long clove cigarette and his hands were so much more graceful than they had been. He had turned into the vampire instead of the human she had cared for.

"How did you find me? I have moved about a thousand times since I made you." His smirk took place of the smile.

"Well I follow the number of courts and kings that have had an upheavel. Especially ones where Queens suddenly come into ruling. Plus I have hunters." My eyes narrowed and I could almost feel my hatred growing in me like a red hot burning flower.

"Hunters?" I asked in absolute disgust. "You must be joking, they kill your kind and could have killed me." Note to self, do not trust Mikael just because you made him your child. He employs the wrong kind of help.

"Please like you fear them? You are the most powerful vampire here. Surely the oldest demon in the room." He waved his hand showing off the goodies around. "The hunters are weak and human. All they can do is track. They would not have a chance in killing you."

"Some are more than human, idiodic spawn." He gasped and was taken aback. He puffed on his cigarette. "They will turn against you once you have worn out your welcome, by then they will know your secrets. I can not believe you would hire some to follow me around, for such a long time." My brow furrowed, I looked up at him and felt the anger going full bloom. "I suggest you watch yourself Mikael. You are immortal but not a God."

"Pfft! Not a god? I have control of everything. All these people live every year for my parties. I am what makes immortatlity worth living." A cackle escaped my mouth causing other to turn and glace in our direction.

"In control of everything? Try and control me Mikael."

"You're here aren't you?" I smiled my most seductive smile and stood and walked over to his side of the table and sat on his lap wriggling myself and stroking his face. Gettign close to his neck with my lips.

"You are nothing but a child. You stand and watch the world pass you by. These people come to your parties for a free drink, not because you are so entertaining." I let my lips touch his neck. "To me you are nothing but a big mistake I made, I created you because you were beautiful to me as a human. Quiet, shy, clumsy, you have lost all of that as you have grown, and you are nothing. So stop hunting me." I rose off of his lap and crossed the room and started out the door. His mouth was agape in disbelief. He had been something to me, my child my love but hunting me... that wrote you off the list.

I cruised around the room again grabbing a glass of wine from a young man. Everything had already been bitten, these greedy vampires wasted no time. I arrived in a room where a young human was clinking out a song on a piano and sat down while a young red haired woman sang. This...was much better,

Anonymous

Chad yawned, not even bothering to feign his boredom. Though the décor here had impressed him on first sight, in reality this place sucked. Maria had ponced off with one of the newer junkies, so he’d had to content himself with just Seraphina and a gaggle of fawning newbies.

“Oh Chad,� he simpered, mimicking their pathetic voices. But the blood of the innocent was oh so good.

Scanning the room, he homed in on a conversation that seemed slightly more interesting than the others. A snippet between man and woman. Creator and child. So this was the elusive Mikael, who thought he was a god?

Bwa, Chad snorted, taking care to keep his body relaxed in his sexy “let’s lean against the expensive tapestry� pose. Hearing still trained on the couple, he kept his sights set for any security that happened to be wandering his way. Strictly, Chad hadn’t actually been invited to this party, which is why he’d turned up of course.

He played with the frilly lace of his shirt absentmindedly, bespelling one of the more hapless newbies- a newly turned man. It would be fun to have a slave for a while. He played with the thought for a bit, smirking as the man gazed at him with desperate eyes, before dismissing him. Instantly the bespell vanished.

Just then he spotted one of the guards and hastily moved on. Damn, he would’ve liked to catch the end of this conversation. Perhaps he could go introduce himself personally to Mikael afterwards.

“Oi, Chad!� It was Raze, one of Chad’s fellow gang members. Hell knew how he’d managed to get into here. OK, so Raze happened to be sleeping with one of a local Master Vampire’s concubines.

“Shh,� Chad hissed mentally in response. “You’ll get us both kicked out. Not that it would matter anyway. This place blows.�

Turning away, he shook his head and made his way to the entrance where there was something of interest happening. A crowd had gathered around a body on the ground, poking and whipping it with things that shouldn’t be seen in normal society, The being moaned, curled up into a ball. Poor guy, but how hilarious. Chad sniffed the air, trying to catch a scent of the being. Not human. Not vampire.

The being seemed to have woken up, eyes widening in fear. Ha, it was one of the werewolves. Specifically, it was Hira, second in command to the local wolf gang. And it seemed the vamps wanted to have fun with him. The poor wolf was practically howling in fear; his whole aura radiated desperation. And yet…Chad sensed the wolf had been drugged or drunk. Alien substances like that were probably not best for shapeshifters.

He remembered the wolves recently getting into a fight with a vamp- this must be revenge of some kind. Suddenly there was a howl and the wolf burst wildly from the bodies that were pressing in and leering at him. The wolf yelped, his clothes ripped off, and shifted. For a second in command, the guy obviously had poor self control.

But…even a crazed wolf in a room full of vampires was dangerous. Chad moved deftly closer, keeping far away from the action but close enough to observe. It would take more than hypnosis to calm this puppy down. Let the screaming commence.

((Sorry hun! I’ll only be able to update twice a week at most! We should have rampage to make this more exciting!))

Anonymous

((Hehe Jyo should like crack his neck after everyone panics that would be hilarious!))

Jyo started to hear a panic from another room then the scent entered her nose a werewolf. Now this would be more interesting. People rushed out of  the room to where it was. Mikael was heard screaming for everyone to stay calm. Jyo rolled her eyes. She wandered into the room her eyes moving over the fleshy creature on the floor then up to one vampire she did not recognize by smell or face. She crossed her arms and returned her gaze back to the werewolf. She frowned. She had no particular disgust with them, though mot vampires did. A clash or super beings she supposed. Though werewolves had the advantadge of being more of the world than vampires did. Jyotika had wished that she could be more of the world constantly see what humans saw in others but she could not.

A large gasp was heard and she directed her min back to the situation as the werewolf rose in his wolf form. She smiled slighty at the pure fury, the smell of the animal. He leered at everyone around him then turned to Jyotika smelling her then backing away plowing through the otherside of the body circle around him. Jyotika cackled as he ripped through the crowd and took off tearing into the house and taking off down the hallway. She then heard Mikael's voice.

"Be cool, I'll go get him." All the young vampires almost swooned when Mikael stood straight and started to wander out of the room. He grabbed Jyotika's hand hard and put his arm around her and dragged her from the room. "You have to help me get rid of it." Jyotika laughed out loud.

"I have had to take care of you for years. I am not going to start again."

"Please! The parties are all I have to connect to the world. If they are known as dangerous it is over for me." Jyotika pulled his arm off of her.

"Well you have lost one VIP." His eyes narrowed in confusion and she shooed him away.

"I'll take care of you flea problem."

Anonymous

Shit. Rampage. As the werewolf began to run around tearing everything apart and causing general chaos Chad sidled up to one of the vamps holding a whip and raised an eyebrow. “Surely toys like these are reserved more for the bedroom, yes hmm?�

In response, the vamp sneered, baring his fangs. “That bastard Hira had it coming.�

Chad kicked a bottle aside and used his boot to flick up a syringe. It was none of his business anyhow.

The werewolf had shifted fully now; a ball of snarling claws and fangs that smashed up vases, ripped curtains and snapped at the terrified vamps. A few seemed to see this as an opportunity to fight and prove their…um…manhood.

Suddenly an air of calm seemed to settle over the crowd, causing the vampires to pause. It was as if a breath of fresh air had sighed into the room, a feeling so refreshing that it caused Chad to wrinkle his nose in disgust. What kind of trickery was this? Perhaps he should just relax instead of fighting, but the resisting was part of him. Always on the defensive, first to accuse. Eyes narrowed, he followed the elusive Mikael as the vamp headed off in the direction of the raging werewolf.

Hira’s clan wouldn’t be happy with this. Keeping Mikael in sight, Chad caught the brief exchange between the host and the strange woman, and decided that perhaps it would be good to keep tabs on her. She seemed to know what was going on more than anyone else.

The words “possible war� and “werewolf� came to mind when he scanned for the mind of Hira. Shaking his head, he flicked his crimson hair back and made a beeline for the woman in the black dress; snatching a glass of wine and downing it in one go. Honestly, if he was in mortal company right now, it would be the end. Seven glasses of wine?

Sometimes he hated looking like a minor. Tossing the glass aside, he leapt into the air, and flew over the crowd. It was bad form to demonstrate powers at a party, but if Mikael could do so then why couldn’t he?

Anonymous

Mikael turned away from Jyotika and headed in the other direction.

"You are quite a Knight Mikael." He rolledhis eyes at her and dissapeared behind a corner. Jyotika wandered saucily down the hall swaying her hips and followed the smell of the wolf to the dining room which was very clean and lacking of food. Must have driven the wolf crazy to find a room for food that has none. Jyotika sat down in one of the chairs across the room and reached out with her mind and wrapped it around the werewolves brain. He is very easily corrupeted and taken control of. He stopped moving imediately. His paws midair his snout open in a growl. She lifted herh and and twisted it and he slowly started to transform back. His eyes widened and paniced as he saw her.

"I have no intention of killing you, I don't care whether you live or die at all." Jyitka's eyes narrowed she released some control of him. "Sit down." He did so. "How did you end up here?" He coughed he must still be hurt despite the fast recovery of wounds, he still has slight scarring.

"Mikael, hired...hunters." Jyotika's eyes narrowed further,

"He's not taking care of much of his own buisness." She waved away the control she had over him. He stayed in his human flesh form. "I would get out of here if i was you. But i will find you later, I need to talk with these hunters."

Anonymous

Chad touched the ground gracefully, smoothing his shirt as he did so. The female vampire had somehow managed to gain control of Hira’s mind, and had apparently forced him to change back without even batting an eyelid. Shit. Maybe he’d underestimated her. And hired hunters? What business did Mikael have with the werewolves?

Whatever was going on, it seemed this party was veering more to the political edge than a mere social gathering, No wonder he hadn’t been invited. Maybe it would’ve been better if he’d just gone to the park with the rest of the crowd and amused himself with the junkies. Naw. This here was high tension shit, much more interesting than psychedelic highs.

He really would have to introduce himself to this Mikael and the woman. Or maybe they could introduce themselves to him instead. Yes, that sounded much better. And cooler. Standing warily within the seated woman’s line of sight, he assumed a bored pose, leaning against the crimson curtained windows whilst he uh…inspected his nails. He tossed his curtain of maroon hair aside, letting his startling coloured eyes take in the magnificent decadence with an uninterested grace. Crystal chandelier, plaster carvings, yeah, he’d seen it all before.

((Haha, Chad isn’t gonna go introduce himself *evil smirk* Bwahaha! XD))

Anonymous

There werewolf started to hobble out of the room but then turned to one of the windows instead. He frowned deeply but jumped out of it. The window crack echoed in the empty dining room.  Jyotika looked around hoping for some sort of wine or something that could perk things up a bit. She didn't bring a bag for nothin. She sighed and stood up stretching out her legs about to head to the kitchen when she saw the other vampire. Her eyes slid over him slowly.

"Hello, want to join me?" she asked pointing towards the kitchen. He seemed like he would be more interesting than any guest she had seen so far at the party.  She took in his style and found it very pleasing, interesting, and exciting. Something different she had not seen in some time. She wanted to reach out and run herh and over his hair. She grinned and turned her body towards him and gave a sweet smile. "I am going ssearching to fill my liquor cabinet at home.

Anonymous

Chad nodded briefly at the female vampire before pushing away from the window to follow her. A muffled yell from outside told him that the werewolf had landed in broken glass or a bush or something else unpleasant, but nah, it wasn’t his problem. Werewolves didn’t bother him that much, except for when they shifted in the bedroom. Now that was bad manners.

“I am going searching to fill my liquor cabinet at home.�

Her smile was sweet, yet seductive. A smile that spoke of darker things beneath that pretty face. With the smallest flick of his eye he had taken in her entire figure, dress, and face. Years of practice had allowed him to do this, and he performed the task almost as effortlessly as breathing.

“Well then this is an invitation I definitely cannot refuse.� He smirked in return, barest hint of fang showing as he slid his hands in his pockets. Walking side by side, he noticed how some of the other vampires got out of his companion’s way, making a wide berth to avoid her.

Things here were starting to look up. Chad ran over the events of the night so far, and resolved that he would have no part to play in stirring things up. OK, so it would be funny to see Hira’s rage tomorrow night, but if there was going to be a war he was steering well clear of it all. Stand back, be a spectator and survive.

He passed Seraphina, whose eyes narrowed as she saw who he was with. Blowing her an imaginary kiss, he grinned sardonically in reply. It was good to watch his bitch get mad. Showed she actually had something of a personality. He surveyed her coolly as she stormed towards him, and didn’t even flinch when she slapped him.

“Ooof, what was that for?� Feigning surprise, his mouth twitched in an amused smile.

“You know very well what that is for, Chad,� she said, putting a strong emphasis on his name. Her eyes travelled jealously from him to the other female, before she turned away abruptly, burying her face in her mass of blonde curls.

Maybe that wasn’t the best thing to do. Jeez, why were women so damn sensitive? Game over, Chad went over to her, concern written upon his face and tried to put his arm around her, but she hissed furiously, moving away from him.

“Look Seraphina, you know as well as I do that I love you,� he said slowly and patiently.

Lifting her chin, he gazed into her eyes and stroked the side of her beautiful face. Yes, Seraphina was really, truly beautiful. She was so perfectly made and angelic that, along with her curls she looked like one of those china dolls that had been in fashion last season. Her azure eyes sparkled with furious tears as the anger leaked slowly from her face. Being only slightly shorter than her, Chad only had to raise his face slightly to kiss her.

“Better?�

“Mm,� she nodded complacently, biting her lip.

“There we go then.� He patted her and watched her trail off back to her group, taking time to enjoy the sway of her hips in her light blue ball gown. He’d never thought about taking her for granted before.

Frowning, he returned to the mysterious woman, in a slightly damper mood than before. If Seraphina, who was as sweet as pie, could be like that when he was with someone else, then just how possessive could the others be? Puzzled, he shook his head and resumed his playful smile, holding his arm out to the woman.

“Sorry about that. Shall we?�

Anonymous

Jyotika looked at the angel faced girl. Seraphina? She almost choked. She smoothed her hands across her skirt and grinned an evil smirk to the girl. She almost wanted to make her eyes glow an evil red exposing her very demon self. She looked so different than that girl so much mroe dangerous. She watched him be so gentle to her. She slid her arm back into his when he returned

"Do you love her?" She was actually curious. She pulled him gently into the kitchen and the humans scattered upon her entrance. She rolled her eyes a themand pointed to a cellar door in the back of the kitchen by an oven. She pulled it up and you could almost smell the wine. She grinned and took a step down into the cellar her heels clicking against a metal step she held a hand out for Chad to take hold of and step down into the room with her.

Anonymous

“Do I love her?� Chad raised an eyebrow, mimicking the tone in the woman’s voice. “Heaven forbid, that’s a question I’ve never thought about.� He paused for a moment, tilting his head slightly so the curtain of maroon fell across his eyes for a second. “Hmm…I’ll say…no.�

As they entered the kitchens the chatter from outside ceased to be replaced by a mist of activity. Humans scuttled around busily, shouting and stirring and baking…and… making food that would probably all go to waste. Of course the food was all for show. Vampires could eat, but…it didn’t quite work like that. Nodding knowingly, Chad knew that this was all for show. The poor humans would probably get to eat most of it anyway.

His arm whipped out, ensnaring one of the servant girls. “My my, are we quite the beauty,� he purred, forcing her to squirm under his intense gaze. She relaxed after a second, and he sent her reeling away. From the information he’d managed to gather that poor girl had never ever set foot outside the grounds of this mansion before. It was quite disgusting yet delicious, how these humans were bred like cattle.

Following the woman, he felt a cold blast of air and the ripe aroma of good blood wine filled his nostrils. Breathing deeply, he stepped down into the inky blackness, with only her hand to guide him. And he still didn’t know her name.

((Hmm…we should discuss possible plottage on MSN sometime! Like where this is all going… XD))

Anonymous

((yeah good idea I will be on as often as possile!))

Jyotika smiled as she smelled the servant girl on him. She walked over to a wall and turned on the dim green bulbs that lit the winery. Her eyes narrowed luckily she could see in the dark well.  She crossed over back to the back of the wine cellar. She grabbed on of the tote bags Mikael used to give away his wine and started shopping like humans used to do in grocery stores. She grinned at the boy and his maroon dark hair.

"I'm Jyotika." ((it's like Jodika is how i think of it but with more of a T sound)) she turned her gaze and moved her long fingers slowly down the glass bottles a slow smile crossing her face at least Mikael had much wine to brag of. Probably because he bred servants ot create it. Made the wine taste better. Moist had blood in it but a select few did not. She shoved those in her bag quickly then followed by shoving the blood years into the bag. She looked around one of the wine shelves and moved her finger like she was calling him to her slowly.

Anonymous

((Hmm…am listening to Red Light In My Eyes by Children of Bodom right now as I type this…an interesting choice of song to listen to whilst characterising Chad…))

Jyotika? What an exotic name. Chad rolled the syllables off his tongue, liking the sound of it. He wondered for a fleeting second as to where the name came from. Certainly not these parts.

His footsteps echoed across the cellar, and he caught a whiff of cool damp air which puzzled him ever so slightly. Mikael was obviously a rotten housekeeper if his cellars were leaking air.

“I guess you are already familiar with my name then,� he replied, remembering the unfortunate interruption of Seraphina with distaste. It was strange to see those emotions on someone he merely regarded as an object, a brand of ownership. Normally, he wouldn’t be thrown off by displays like that, but with Seraphina- it was different. He owned her so it felt personal. Emotions were out of place on Chad’s face- for a second he looked as if he were still that young boy who’d been alive all those years ago. The pout disappeared a split second later; mask back in place he let his eyes follow Jyotika lazily as she went about selecting Mikael’s finest.

He raised an eyebrow at Jyotika’s obvious act of seduction, but decided to go along anyway. After all, he didn’t have anything to lose did he? Grinning, he silently picked up one of the bottles and placed it in her hand whilst her back was still turned to him. Standing on his tiptoes, he peered over Jyotika’s shoulder, but stopped straining on realising that he was actually taller than her.

He was about to whisper softly into her ear, but his eye caught sight of something. Part of the wooden wall pattern was ever so slightly different from the rest. “What is this?�

Placing a hand on her shoulder, he leaned over and used the tips of his fingers to press the panel…which gave way under pressure. Jyotika’s advances could wait…here was something much more interesting. “Well, well, what do we have here?�

Anonymous

She took in a deep breath of his smell as he leaned over her. Her eyes followed his hand to the wall. As he pushed it open a smirk hit her face.

"Mikael seems to have something up his sleeves." She pushed the door the rest of the way open after putting the bottle of wine in her bag. It was a dark hole then bright torches burned into light as the door hit the inside it was almost blinding. "You would thin ka vampire would be more careful with his fire." She slid the bag onto one shoulder and stepped into the passageway. Chad would be an interesting person to explore things with always good to get to know people with a little adventure.

Anonymous

"Indeed he does," Chad said, raising an eyebrow. So that is where the cold air had come from. Checking his internal chronological body clock, he deduced that there were still a good few hours to go before dawn. Ample amount of time to go get smashed.

The wine from earlier was beginning to affect him- his vision was becoming slightly blurry; the torches seemed to shimmer for an instant before he steadied himself. Perhaps it would be better to leave these two bottles in his hand for another night...naw. He sniggered, cracking one open.

"Drink?"

He raised the bottle up, as they began to make thier way through the gloomy darkness.

((We should have this passage go on and on and on for ages!))

Anonymous

((ooooh Passages that go on forever and ever? hehehehehe Hope they aren't claustrophobic))

Jyotika glanced at Chad and rolled her eyes as he cracked open another bottle.

"We might want our sense more aware darling." the she sighed and took the bottle from him taking a long swig. "But then again maybe we should be drunk to be going down a tunnel in a vampire's house....yeah." She took another long swig and handed it back. "Yes, much better." She grinned at him as they continued walking down the tunnel she could see no end and she hoped there were no surprises between here and there...she felt her foot crunch on something and below her foot was a deeply charred skeleton. Her eyes widened looking up at the torches and she grabbed Cha'd hand and started running fast. "I don't know what caused that but we better move." Her eyes tried to stretch the range of their vision ahead of her hoping to see anything at all. But there was nothing just fire and tunnel. Maybe Mikael got hungry o nthe way to his tunnel and just decided to catch the corpse on fire? It could be, but it was better not to take chances.

Anonymous

“We might want our sense more aware darling.�

Chad raised an eyebrow at that suggestion. Well, it had been her idea to raid the wine cellar in the first place. Taking the half empty bottle back, he finished off the contents and wiped his mouth with his sleeve, which blossomed with drops of wine the colour of blood.

Poetical thoughts always meant that he was getting tipsy, high with the pulsating power of the blood running through his veins like molten fire. Add a touch of fear and the concoction was oh so potent!

The tunnel seemed to go on and on forever; there was nothing to mark the passage of time passing. Torches upon torches held in place by the same black iron sconces flickered, throwing grotesque shadows across the soft sandstone walls. Here and there a rat scuttled around, the pitter patter of it’s feet breaking the gloomy silence that had settled over them both.

Chad snuck a glance at Jyotika every now and again. Was that a hint of fear in this feisty vamp? His eyes trained onto something further up ahead. A skeleton. Ah, things were starting to get interesting. His eyes darted to her face again, but she seemed to not have noticed.

Placing his arms behind his head, he gave a faint yawn to suppress his smirk as…well, she had good self control to say the least, Chad thought, being half dragged as she literally flew down the tunnel. He’d expected a scream or two at least. But the Jyotika down here was very different from the Jyotika upstairs- maybe her ice cool demeanour had all been just an act?

“You alright?�

He asked as they slowed down to a brisk walk. She was breathing heavily, and he noticed that her hands were clammy. He hadn’t been affected too much, but it did raise some interesting questions. That skeleton had been the only one they’d come across in the passage. If there’d been more then maybe it wouldn’t matter so much, but there being just one raised his suspicions.

“Because you don’t seem to be. I wonder why our good host didn’t bother to clean up after himself?�

Up ahead he noticed a change in light.

((Hmm...we need to discuss what happens next. Comment me on LJ!!! I think we should have them stop and get to know each other for a bit, lotsa talking and stuff!))

Anonymous

(( Sorry I have been busy for the lat couple days but i am back :) ))

Jyotika glanced back at Chad for a moment.

"I know what Mikael is capable of, his twisted mind. Because I made it that way." Her eyes almost glowed in the dark like fire. "I took an innocent boy and made him what he is, a power craving monster. This was fine with me until I found out he was hiring hunters to do his work. He either has some control over them or he has them on his side. Either will not be good." She stopped walking and sat down for a minute. "He normally covers his ass most of the time does not want to see anything happen to his influence." she rubbed her temples.

Anonymous

Chad watched Jyotika calmly as she paced up and down. "What does this mean for you then?"

Not that he cared. But it was interesting, nevertheless. So this woman was responsible for that cultured man up and above ground? He raised an eyebrow. This Jyotika character seemed to have a lot of back history he didn't know about. But then again, he didn't even know her anyway.

((I think we should see if Twitchy wants to play too- and if yeah, then have her create a charrie that has been held prisoner by Mikael, who we can stumble across sometime at the end of the tunnel. I am thinking of using Seraphina as an extra character in here too- who could be mind controlled etc, if that is OK, and probably introducing werewolves for fights? Comment me/PM me!!!))