Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A few different plot ideas and the need for characters

Started by Anonymous, September 17, 2006, 12:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

One idea!

Okay, so here's the basic concept...

There's this rogue sort of theif. He was once a knight but he had slightly different views on how to accomplish certain tasks. He did what he had to do and never really thought of the concequences, or honor. If it hurt someone in the process he did it. So, he lost his title of knight, lost his rank, and became a rogue theif. He still has this sense of honor about him, but he is still scoundrel. Something different about him though. He's dying, or going to die, he thinks, healers think. During his years of knighthood, he ran into a few sticky situations. One of them included a run in with a few mages that had gotten a hold of a spell, the necessary ingredients, and the substance managed to get into his mouth, just the smallest bit. Whatever it is, healers cannot heal it, and it has resulted in him having a horrible cough, so horrible that sometimes he is forced to lie down, he blacks out. All he can do is pace himself and hope that one day maybe his body will force the substance out, or someone else will help.

The female's bit of the story, whom I would be playing. She's the daughter of a lord and lady whom are of some importance in the royal courts of Serendipity. She's know where near a princess, but her family does have quite a bit of money. She's a courageous girl who is willing to stand up for herself, but has her moments where she can be kind and concerned. Most of the time, however, she acts much to old for her age. Along with that, she knows a bit about weilding small weapons, such as daggers. She was trained by a knight, a friend of her fathers, in a few basics.

So here's how the stories come together. The girl is kidnapped by him, for lack of better words. He needs money for a new sort of healing he believes will work, and his recent gambling has left him with virtually nothing. So he kidnaps her, takes her somewhere, and begins to send notes to her father demanding ransom for quite some money. Meanwhile the two of them have their bickering and fights, and she's obviously displeased by this. Of course, as all stories would have it, they grow closer and closer together, there is some reluctance, as there should be, but it slowly occurs.

That's about all I have so far. It just popped in my head and I figured I'd give it a try. So, if you are interested in playing the part of the male, drop me and reply here and maybe we could flesh this out a bit more. Thanks!

Two idea!

This idea needs someone to play a male knight, I have the female one. Here’s the following concept…

My female character has disguised herself as a male. She was due to marry a Lord her parents knew and needless to say, she loathed the man. So, she disappeared. She was thought to have drowned and her body never found. Truthfully, she came up with this elaborate plan. She forged letters from her parents for her to go through the stages of knighthood. Finally she gained the title she had been working so hard for. She was able to hide her true feminine identity with much skill. It took lots of work, but she was able to do so.

The male character I would need was a friend of hers throughout her years of training. He never discovered her true gender, but he has always felt that his friend was rather…feminine. He never brought it up though and has enjoyed the company of her for many years. They have gone on missions together and saved each others lives on numerous occasions.

The plot of this would basically be the development of the two of these characters. He would obviously soon find out her identity. I had the idea in my head that they go off together to battle something, they are sent out to do something and defeat some monster, beast, etc., and whatever they are sent to battle knows that she is indeed a female. It is, by accident, revealed to her friend that she is a girl, and it sort of snowballs from there. He would be enraged with her for fooling him all of these years, and then things would develop from there.

Again as with the first idea, if you are interested in playing the male knight in this plot, leave me a line here and we could develop it further. This is just a skeleton of a plot I would love to play with someone and I don’t want it to be too strict or anything. So if you would like to play the character and throw in a few ideas for it, that would be amazing!