Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Aren't I FANTASTIC?! (Right over here Rhi!)

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2007, 02:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Of course he was a change person in front of Vec, this was his technical father after all, and as such, his father always gave him the kind of attention he needed. Vec was always there for Fenris, as Fenris was the youngest and usually left out of the Pantheon. So Vec would always make time for the God who had nothing to do so to speak. As long as Fenris existed, Chaos would exist and simply be there. A lonely existence for the bored God who craved attention, so most days Vec could find Fenris on Heiroth bothering the locals with parlour tricks and cheap thrills. Nothing wrong with hat of course, laughter was always welcome.

"But of course Sirka." His tone was soft as usual, warm and filled with the unmistakable emotion that was joy. A freed slave was always nice to see, more so one that was in such good company. No doubt with Fenris around, she would remain free, as Fenris wasn't the biggest fan of slaves either. Still Vec had to wonder how the mortals and immortals of worlds always ended up with slaves. Was it laziness? Was it power? Hard to say really. It was a mystery he would surely like to solve, but he just never got around to it. Partly because he didn't want to know. Why man enslaved brother and sister was beyond even his Godly sight...or perhaps...he had just blocked it from view.

Vec was surprised that she shuddered at the thought of someone burning at the stake. The man with judgement in his eyes had a much different opinon about burning. Heh, he was so glad to both of them had not met, or would not meet in the near future. That would be a most dangerous complication after all. That was alright though, eventually Fenris would go looking for Nexus if he knew that he was here, and Sirka would follow in tow.

"Of course I'd have you silly! Why wouldn't I?! You're FANTASTIC!" Vec winced slightly at the last word which was practically screamed. Ah yes. He had forgotten about Fenris and his little word. The two of them at least were a good pair, two peas in a very chaotic very strange multicoloured pod. A new question suddenly arose, Vec's blind gaze turning to look at her, smiling.

"Nexus is...a friend of the family you could say. He is enslaved by my daughter to work as a Justice Dealer you could call it. Hence 'a man with Justice in his eyes' in my little vision. That also has has to do with his pupils being in the shape of hangman nooses. Nexus taught Fenris how to travel to other realms, and is...a very strange one. At this moment he is in a very strange part of his life, where new emotions come back to him finally now that the grip of Heiroth is weakened." Vec wasn't sure just how to explain Nexus to someone who didn't know him. He was the strangest character of sorts, who had a tendency to be...well...Nexus. Perhaps Fenris would manage to blurt something out soon enough.

"Nexus is awesome though! He's like...super sadistically evil but like in his heart he's got niceness but he just doesn't like to show it because he gets hurt to much and HEY! That's sorta like you, he loves pain just like you, but I don't think he loves it as much as you do I mean he looooves to deal pain out but he also seems to enjoy getting stabbed and poked and OH FATHER! You have to tell Nexus that I'm here too!" Ah, sometimes he loved Fenris and his ability to stack about three topics into one paragraph almost...seamlessly. Almost. Sometimes he wondered if Fenris breathed or just was able to constantly talk. He wouldn't doubt it, Fenris didn't have intestines after all.

"I...will be sure to pass your message along to him, but I can promise you he will not come looking for you right away. He has many things to deal with first, many emotions and trials that will take him all over this planet."He explained to Fenris who looked a little downcast at that thought. However, he seemed to brighten up at something.

"Well! Maybe we'll run into him when we go all over this world and then we can have a drink and he can tell me about this fire lady!" Fenris clapped his hands excitedly together as he stood up and began to look around, his gaze following a small bug that began to zip around him. Vec gave a small shake of his head, and no doubt rolled his eyes underneath his blindfold no doubt. Well then, best to see what happens. He could stick around for a little while.

"Tell me, what plans are in the making right now?" Vec asked as he looked from Fenris to Sirka. Best not to leave the little fae out of the conversation, more so because Fenris had gone off stalking the bug. He would return triumphant no doubt with the bug still alive in hand, grinning all the while.

"Fenris already did his spin around in a circle technique, so I am assuming from there you have had your route now picked out. Any clue as to where it might lead you?" If it was on his way, he might accompany them, if it wasn't, he would bid them farewell with his blessing and continue along his way.

Rhindeer

Vec wasn't the only one to wince at that last practically screamed word, the sound magnified in Sirka's sensitive ears. But then she only giggled and shook her head a little, clasping her hands in front of her and smiling up at the tall man. "Oh good, then that makes two of us!" she answered cheerfully, flattered by his seemingly constant praise of her. "Thank you, Fenris. Hee, I was just double-checking," she added with a wink.

It was really nice and refreshing to finally be around someone that actually liked her and didn't just treat her like a piece of furniture, like a portrait on a wall. It was nice to be so accepted and finally be able to be herself, too...even though she was also finding it oddly difficult. She'd spent so many centuries of her life being silent and obedient and polite, so it really did take some getting used to, being free and able to act naturally again. It seemed odd. One would think that the first thing a freed being would want to do was to return to their old life, for things to be as they were before, and Sirka did but...it was just a lot more difficult than she would have imagined it would be to get rid of certain behaviors that had been hammered into her.

Then Vec turned to her to answer her question,, and she listened interestedly, and blinked in surprise. Enslaved? By his daughter? So that would mean a Goddess, she assumed. Oh...so perhaps slavery was a very personal topic because he knew a slave? Hmm...she had to wonder, though, what need a Goddess would have of a slave, but then she didn't understand the ways of deities since her kind just didn't really pay attention to them, and she had no idea what a Justice Dealer was. Hangman's nooses for pupils, too...

Surprisingly, it was Fenris who would fill her in on this the most, because Vec hadn't expanded upon why this Nexus was a "strange one", and she was naturally curious.

The only problem was keeping up with the deluge of words!

Super sadistically evil? Well! That was interesting. But he was nice. That was good! Oddly enough, the sadistic and evil part didn't bother her, but hey, she'd also come from Necromantia and lived around a lot of creatures that mainlanders considered to be evil. The next part she could decipher was especially interesting to her, because...he liked pain too? That wasn't something she'd really ever heard of before and she'd just figured she was a...freak. Not that she minded, she didn't mind being different and she'd long since grown to embrace her quirks and odd tastes, but it was also nice to know she wasn't alone and--well, there Fenris went again, switching gears completely, and by the time he got done Sirka almost felt breathless for him. Ah, it was a good thing she'd had many centuries to practice listening, because otherwise she might not have been able to follow his words. But when you lived day to day unable to speak unless spoken to, you learned to listen, because there was hardly anything else to do.

"Whew...well, he certainly sounds very interesting," Sirka said once Vec had answered Fenris, mulling over his words idly. Emotions and trials to deal with, rescuing a "fire lady" that was about to be burned...hmm, sounded oddly like a romance story to her. Ah, no, it wasn't any of her business what the details were! It was only out of habit and curiosity that she wondered about it, really, because whenever she had been bored, she had found herself concocting her own little stories to entertain herself with, stories formed from bits and pieces she'd gathered from people's conversations.

Though, she was a little worried about one day meeting him, if they did bump into him like Fenris said, but not because he was an evil sadist. It was because she didn't want to risk any...complications. That is to say, if they did all run into each other, it would be best if she just keep her own quirks a secret.

But that wouldn't happen for ages, luckily. So she didn't have to worry.

Curious as to what Fenris was looking at, she tried to follow his eyes as he looked around, following...something. Oh, he was so easily distracted! But it was funny, and she couldn't help but grin as she watched, finally spotting the small insect. But her attention was soon diverted back to Vec, and the smile was replaced with a thoughtful look, pink eyes looking skyward for a moment. "Plans...?" she repeated softly, bringing a hand up to cup her chin and stealing a glance over at Fenris as he stalked away.

"Well...oh, yes! He already did his spinning thing. And I believe he pointed..." She held out one arm, pointing where she thought he had, if she could remember correctly. But would it matter even if she hadn't remembered? She wasn't sure, but she didn't think Fenris had been pointing in any particular direction, really. Or maybe he had? "That way I think. So I think we're going that way! Which is..."

Another long pause as she dropped her arm and bent forward a little to rummage around in her skirts, finding the pocket where she stashed the map. Then she unfolded it and glanced down at it, turning it one way then the other as she studied it, brow furrowed in concentration. Then, after a rather drawn out moment, she gave a small laugh and handed the map over to Vec.

"Heehee...I'm...well, I'm afraid I can't really make much sense of this, actually," she admitted. "So I don't really know where we're going! Do you? Oh, not that it matters. I'm fine with anywhere, honestly! Anywhere but where I came from..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Vec felt sorry for poor Sirka having to deal with the yelling of his hyper active...grand child as it were. On Heiroth Fenris was a son, but the Fenris there had created the avatar to send into the world, which made that...ugh. He had gone over this once already. Vec's gaze came to rest upon the two of them though, they really did compliment each other well, and not in the literal sense either. Sirka was silly but had a good head on her shoulders, that would keep Fenris in line when he became too...Fenris like. And Fenris just seemed to accept her and welcome her to his side as it were. Not that it was difficult of course, Fenris was accepting of pretty much everyone.

Now, Vec hadn't known about the strange little quirk that was the behaviour of Sirka. He had no clue that she was sadistic and a lover of pain, that is until Fenris blurted that out. Vec said nothing on the subject however. Though to him Nexus and Sirka were victims of circumstances, trying to accept what had happened to them. Vec knew of many undead creatures in the same predicament as Sirka, where the final death they suffered was not...the final death, and so no other pain would feel like pain but pleasure. Nexus however was in the same boat. Though he hadn't died, he had felt so much pain, both emotional and physical in his time that his body did something about it and changed that pain into pleasure so he could cope.

Victims of circumstance. Victims of their own minds and victims of the strange fate that was in store for them.

Well, they would survive, and they had people with them that could help them out.

"So Nexus is gonna save the fire lady and then what? Oh do they ride off in the sunset and be all happy together?" Fenris asked, clapping his hands together like an excited child being taken to the toy store. Vec only smiled and patted the avatar on the shoulder softly.

"I don't know Fenris. Nexus is a man with a loud mouth, usually irrational and not one to always think things through. The fire lady is just as strong and stubborn as he is so...their personalities will clash and there will be trouble." Vec told him simply. Though Vec had never met the 'fire lady' yet, he had seen visions of Nexus and her, heard her voice to some degree and saw just how strong she was. After all, she had tricked Nexus and was tricked by him in turn. It would be interesting for sure when he finally met up with the pair.

Fenris did indeed go stalking the bug, trying to capture it and return triumphant while Sirka and Vec spoke to each other. Vec was more interested in the young Fae anyways, she was a new face he had never met after all.

He smiled as she pointed to where they were going. Looked south to him. Was he heading south? No...He was heading North and then east at this time. A pity, he would not be able to accompany the lovely young fae and his estranged grandson to where ever they were headed. He had to keep up with the vision after all. More so because he liked to follow the visions and see where they took him.

However, something odd was going on his vision. Sirka was...doing something. Strange. It was bad that Fenris decided to return at this point, his hands cupped together no doubt with the tiny beetle in his hand. He all but forgot about it as he saw what Sirka was doing.

"Ah Vec it isn't appropriate to get a lady to do that you know." Fenris hadn't said it very loud of course, and a blush rose to the young deities cheeks as she removed a map from an inner pocket of her skirt. "She was retrieving a map." However, the slight quiver in Vec's voice and the blush showed that he was just a tad embarrassed and his thoughts weren't the purity that they usually were. When the map was handed to him he took it gingerly, staring at it for a moment. Finally his blush receded and all but disappeared while Fenris stood there grinning.

He truly was mortal it seemed!

This was excellent! He could bug Vec about...bug! Oh where'd his bug go? He'd let it go. Fenris was off again to find that beetle which he had just released. Searching for it, smiling all the while as he searched for the strange bug. Vec's gaze was still on the map as he looked at it, and for which way he should head. With his route in mind he smiled as he looked up to her, folding the map back.

"You're headed South to the plains, and then to the desert. Just don't leave the desert, or you'll end up heading to an island chain it looks like. Necromantia..." The word reminded him of so much evil from his world, the Necromancers were quite the...powerful beings, feared and crazed to say the least. "Knowing Fenris though, he'll spin around again and you'll start heading a different direction. The odds of you actually returning to where you're from is about one in sixty two thousand." Considering each town and city they could, plus all the directions that he would point to...it just didn't seem plausible for them to return to where Sirka feared.

"Though, Fenris might just fall off a couple of cliffs...so I'm trusting you to watch out for him." Vec's gaze went to the avatar, who was busy watching a few bugs on a rock, deciding on which one to catch. The insanity was endearing.

Rhindeer

Fenris seemed to voice her thoughts when he asked about the fates of Nexus and the "fire lady", and she listened curiously, idly hoping things would work out well for the two in the end. Sirka had never met either of them, of course, and she didn't know if she ever would, but she had heard a snippet of their story and she could only wish the best for them. Silly, perhaps, but that was just the sort of person Sirka was...

As for Sirka herself, she was completely oblivious to the fact that anything she was doing was...strange. The fact that she was leaning forward and rummaging around in the folds of her frilly skirts, which also happened to expose quick glimpses of her bare legs in the process, in the middle of a populated town and right in front of a man was lost to her. She was either oblivious or just completely shameless, and honestly, it was a combination of the two. As a fae, she was just naturally at home in her own skin and certain things that might make a human all blushy or hot and bothered, like nudity, were just perfectly natural to her. She wouldn't blink an eye at it, male or female. Fae weren't really universally known for being conservative dressers, after all...or conservative in general. She had, however, quickly learned to observe human etiquette. Then there was the fact that, yes, Sirka could be rather air-headed at times...

In fact, she didn't even realize any of it until Fenris finally came back, and she didn't even realize he'd returned until he spoke up.

Even then it took a few moments for what he was saying to click as she looked over at Fenris curiously. Get a lady to do what--oh! It was Vec's blush that clued her in, the odd way he stated the obvious as he so gingerly took the map from her. Sirka was silent for a few more seconds before, quite abruptly, she burst out into a fit of giggles as it finally dawned on her. Oops. She reached down quickly to smooth out her disheveled dress, almost apologetically. Poor Vec may have been blushing, but her cheeks were free of any colors that hadn't already been there. No shame, indeed. She was simply able to take it all in stride with a good dose of humor.

"Oh dear! My apologies, Vec, I didn't mean to almost give you a show!" she exclaimed, still smiling with uncontained amusement. "Hehe, yes, I was just retrieving a map, Fenris! See, I sewed a little pocket in--oh, I probably shouldn't show you two, on second thought. Vec's already so red and...oop...I think we lost Fenris again." Indeed, off Fenris went to hunt more bugs apparently, and Sirka only shook her head and watched after him for a few seconds before looking back to Vec. Ah, silly Fenris. He was so easily distracted! But she didn't mind it. It was...endearing. His enthusiasm was certainly contageous and...cute.

And then, at random, another thought struck her: wasn't Vec a God? Or an ex-deity at least? And she had...embarrassed him? She had made a God blush. Ah, she really was a fae, because the first thought after realizing that was a mischievous little impulse to try and further embarrass him. Fortunately for Vec, manners and etiquette had also been drilled into her and she quickly forced the thought out of her head. That would just be rude.

And anyway, Vec seemed to have finally recovered. In fact, he even folded the map back up as he finished his study of it, and Sirka reached out to take it, though she didn't put it back yet. Her lips twitched a little with a repressed smile as she entertained the thought of doing just that as he talked, just to see how tongue-tied she could get him, but she resisted because he was telling her some important information at the moment. So, for the time being she just held it in front of her in both hands, along with the dirk Fenris had made her, listening intently. Some distance away, she could see Fenris studying a rock, but she quickly averted her eyes and looked back to Vec. No need for her to get distracted right now, too! Someone had to listen to what Vec said, and if there was one thing she was good at, that was it.

"The plains...and the desert, too? Goodness...I wonder what could be out there. But oh, thank you for the warning, too. I'm from Necromantia and that's exactly the place that I'd prefer to stay away from. The desert and the plains though...that should be interesting. If Fenris doesn't do his spinny thing then, I'll be sure to do it for him, anyway! " she added.

She would, too. It seemed like a lot of fun as it was, so why not? It was pretty exciting! To just be that free, free enough to be able to just point in a random direction and see where your feet took you, not a care or responsibility in the world and endless possibilities ahead of you...that was true freedom. No attachments, not being tied down. That kind of a life sounded really appealing after centuries of servitude and being required to serve in a single household, hardly able to even leave it. A vagabond's life, maybe, and she certainly wasn't dressed or conditioned for such a life, but it still sounded like a lot of fun! She was open to learning, and the fact that she didn't require food or drink and rather enjoyed pain probably made it easier. Muscle cramps and sore feet wouldn't be much of an issue, and finding sustenance wouldn't, either.

It worked out!

"Hehe, don't worry, though! I'll make sure he doesn't fall off any cliffs! I'll keep him always in my sight. I used to baby sit now and then, you know. I'll even sew him a little wrist leash if it comes down to it!" She gave a playful smile and then, perhaps because she had already forgotten how bad it looked or just because she wanted to see if the ex-God would blush more--or maybe some odd combination of both--she went back to rummaging about in her skirts so that she could return the map to its secure little spot. No...this time she probably did it on purpose, actually, because the amount of leg she flashed this time had significantly increased, and she was smiling amusedly to herself.

What could she say? She was a faerie. She didn't mean anything by it, honestly. She just found it incredibly funny that someone who had once been a God would blush over something so simple!

"Fenris, did you find your insect friend yet?" she asked when the map was tucked back away in its pocket and she had straightened again, totally nonchalant about everything and casually brushing off her dress. "Do you need help finding it maybe? Oh! Vec said with where you pointed, we'll be going toward the plains and desert and Necromantia! But we can't go to Necromatia, okay? We can go anywhere else though, anywhere in the world!" Then she looked back over at Vec and smiled again. "I suppose I should probably go and stock up on insects for the journey. Fenris seems to like those."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Vec only saw certain outcomes, for there were millions of them, but he saw usually the most probable outcome, good or bad he only saw the probable outcome. He could only see the people of his world of course, but he didn't mind that much either. A happy ending was the only good thing to see though, and usually he did.

Vec had forgotten all about the Fae. In his world there were several varieties of Fae, one for each element, even for light and dark, then the ascended ones like the Goblins, Salamanders, Undines, Sylphs, the Luminated Ones, and of course the Noctura, the ascended dark Fae as it were. However, he forgot that all Fae lived without inhibitions, without restraints, and unlike humans had no shame to their bodies. They were pure creatures though, while humans faulted and fell to carnal passion, Fae were able to stay themselves from that until they found actual love.

And of course, now that Vec was mortal, he had...thoughts and what not that Gods did not.

The moment of air headed ways for Sirka passed and she seemed to have gotten what was wrong, and that was...bad to say the least. She was giggling her head off it seemed, and he was...all the more embarrassed by such things but he tried to restrain the blush from his cheeks.

"That's...quite alright Sirka." Vec murmured as he watched the avatar run off to find the bug in question. Nrgh. At least she...sort of understood, and she seemed to find the behaviour of Fenris alright...hm, he was sure he had noticed this already before. Ah well. He'd probably notice that several times over, eventually he'd stop of course.

"Ah, well then Fenris will probably stay away from Necromantia. Just keep telling him not to head that way and hopefully he won't." Vec explained to her as he looked to the bug obsessed avatar who was busy poking and prodding to them, and then of course talking to them. They seemed to...understand him in a way, and Vec didn't actually doubt that either.

"He would probably like that little leash." Vec said as he shook his head. However, Vec noted she was suddenly putting the map away, and a serene smile stayed on his face. He wasn't prepared last time, but this time he was quite prepared. His blind gaze was still upon her, but not a blush spread to his face. After all, he was an ex-god, someone without inhibitions or restrictions as it were. She was trying to goad him just a little bit.

It wouldn't work this time, and he knew she was just trying to get a rise from him...Not...that kind of rise of course.

"Shh! They're talking about the time they hopped on a boat!" Fenris said as he waved his hand to try and quiet the two of them down. Ah, the silly avatar. He still had to figure out whether the Avatar had acquired super natural abilities to hear insects and the furry creatures that roamed the world. When he got a chance maybe he could study the avatar back on Heiroth a little closer.

"Indeed. No need to stock up modesty though Sirka. I can't accompany you on that part of the journey." Vec said to her with a small smile spread across his face. He walked over and put his hand upon her shoulder, smiling, not sending guilt or anything like that into her, or even serene peace as well. "Of all the races on Heiroth that I created, it is the Fae that I adore the most. Without inhibitions or restrictions, you do whatever you please, say whatever is on your mind, and just live however you choose. Just like any God or Goddess would do. Truly you are my favourite race." Letting his hand fall away he smiled before his gaze turned to look to Fenris.

"Fenris you tall creature you, come over here and give me a hug. I have to be heading off!" Vec called to his son, getting the avatar to come running, scooping Vec up into a large hug. Vec didn't wince, just accepted it and patting him on the back. The avatar finally let him down and grinned.

"Goodbye father Vec! I'll see you soon sometimes later right?" Vec nodded and smiled as he the avatar bent down and Vec gave the man a kiss upon his brow. Then he looked to Sirka and did the same, giving her a gentle hug and kissing her forehead softly. "Goodbye Fae childe, may your undead life be as your life was. You shall forever have my blessing." Then he decided to have his fun as he turned and strolled away from them whistling, removing from a pocket of space his blanket that was invisible and wrapping it about him, disappearing into thin air, or at least, that is how it looked to them.

Rhindeer

Sirka gave a brisk nod. Right! Tell him not to head to Necromantia. That wouldn't be hard to do, and if it came down to it she would just have to distract him with shiny, colorful objects until he changed course. That she could do! After all, she did have magic even if she didn't use it all that often. Hers dealt with plantlife. Of course, in the city of Thanatos using that sort of magic had been...pointless. Plants withered and died quickly, and the stone city just wasn't a good place for plants. But here such life flourished, so she could once again go back to creating, couldn't she? And she could create some pretty things, whatever she set her mind to making. It would be fairly easy to distract Fenris with a nice, brightly colored flower or something.

She really cherished her magic, too. She may be dead...or undead...but the plants she created were alive. That hadn't changed a bit since her own change, and for that she was grateful.

Smiling at that thought, she then shook her head at Vec's comment. He seemed to have recovered nicely. "He probably would," she agreed, a little disappointed that his face didn't change colors this time though she let the defeat roll off of her. Oh well. It had been fun the first time, at least! It was kind of cute in a way, too...a blushing God. Who would have thought? Sirka opened her mouth to say something, but then froze when Fenris cut in.

And laughed, quickly covering her mouth with both hands to quiet herself so she didn't disturb Fenris' conversation. After all, she was a polite creature

Insects hopping on a boat? Oh, she wished she could talk to animals and the like. Unfortunately, she couldn't. Some, if not most, fae could, but her specialty lay in plants as opposed to animals. She'd have to ask Fenris about what they were saying because she was curious about what the secret lives of such creatures were like. Honestly, Sirka believed that he could talk to the insects and animals. She didn't believe he was crazy. Maybe that spoke a lot about her own mental state, but among fae, and among the Necromantians...nothing was that far of a stretch.

Tearing her eyes away from Fenris and back to Vec, she smiled when he placed a hand on her shoulder, not at all skittish of the contact, and then her pink eyes widened in genuine surprise at what he said next, lips parting in a quiet gasp. He, a former God, adored the fae the most? Well...if that wasn't an honor and a whopper of a compliment, she didn't know what was! But soon the shock faded, replaced instead with a humble smile, and she averted her eyes bashfully. "Oh...wow. You...you honor me, m'lor--I mean, Vec. Thank you, truly," she said softly, finally looking up again. Indeed, such compliments were her undoing. She really wasn't used to being noticed, much less praised! She liked the attention, too, even if it would take some getting used to. It was a really nice feeling, to be regarded as a fae and not as some object that should remain in the background, unseen and unheard except when summoned and spoken to.

"I wasn't living my life as freely as I was born to, but now that I'm free you can be I will!" she added, slowly recovering as his hand finally fell away.

She was a little disappointed when he announced that he would be leaving, but...she understood. He was a former God, he had duties, and he had to deal with that other thing he'd Seen, with the Nexus guy and the fire lady. Besides, she had Fenris! Grinning as Fenris and Vec exchanged hugs--the tall Fenris scooping Vec right up!--and she didn't really expect the same from Vec.

However, she soon got a hug from him, too, and a kiss on the brow. Sirka hugged him back gladly and stepped away when he was done, waving at him as he began to leave. "Goodbye, Vec! And thank you! I shan't forget you!" she called, before gasping when, just like that...he vanished completely.

Blinking rapidly, she turned and looked up at Fenris with wide eyes. "How did he do that? He's mortal now..." She turned and looked back to where Vec had once been, then just shook her head. Maybe her eyes had been playing tricks on her. Looking back to Fenris again, she smiled. "How were the beetles doing? Did you have a nice conversation?"

Anonymous

Yeah, Fenris would remember actually if she told him. If she truly told him that she didn't want to go there, then he really wouldn't go there, and he would never spin around to land where it was going. Fenris was good about that, because he didn't like losing friends after all. That was bad, very bad. Friends were good after all! Very good things! Friends were people that liked to do silly and strange stuff with you! Like spin around and look at shinies and take you where ever your spinning technique took you. Oh he did so love to have friends about, they made the trips all that more...silly!

Plus having people about meant that he would be able to get attention from them and use his silly magic to show them who was boss. His magic was a great and dangerous party trick after all.

She seemed almost disappointed by the fact that Vec didn't react in the same fashion as before. Well, that was nice to see. Such a silly creature the Fae were, not like he minded that sort of thing. Still, Vec knew he was going to have to be a whole lot more careful with people from now on...because well...mortality and being like this was trouble for him.

Now though it seemed that it was time for the Fae to be bashful. That made him smile even larger as he watched her stumble over her words and avert her eyes from him. Hah, he still had it after all! Not like he was lying either, it was the complete and honest truth at this time. The Fae had always been favourites, they were such mischievous creatures. They reminded him of his son because well...they were just as unabashed and silly. They had a lot of things in common, perhaps that's why his son had been created with the Fae in mind. Of course...the Fae didn't have anything on his son Ler. Hm. Vec noticed just now that Vec, Fae, and the name of his son, Ler, all had three letters. Hm...coincidence? Perhaps not. There were no coincidences with him of course, never. It all meant something, and it was all meant to be. After all, he had spent many millennium spinning fate for the people of his world...of course he got bored with pre-determined lives, and let all the creatures have their lives in their hands. Ah what a day that had been.

"That's very good. Live without regrets and any restrictions...as long as you're not hurting anyone who doesn't want to." After all, there were some people who liked pain and what not...because well...they were strange like that. Hell, he was off to go find a man just like that after all. Speaking of that, he better head off before there is anymore trouble.

Fenris giggled as he watched his father just disappear into nothingness.. "I dunno how he did it but he did and that's just fantastic!" Fenris said as he looked over to the Fae and grinned. "Yep! They told me all about how they went on a boat before. It sounded neat to me. I've been on boats before too, they're pretty cool like that." Fenris said as he suddenly hugged Sirka and grinned in his large way.

"Let's get going shall we! I wanna do some marching on wherever it is that we're going! Desert or something! Yeh! Desert! Back in Heiroth we had this huge desert that had a big obsidian mountain int he middle filled with people. It was really neat. Did I tell that story already? I think I might have, but I can't remember, oh well it's a neat story anyways!" My, Fenris sure did like to talk, or in the very least he liked to ramble. Same difference with him right?

Rhindeer

Ah, as if Vec needed to tell her to live life without inhibitions and restrictions. That was already how she lived it! Well...how she was going to live it, now that she was really free. It would take a while to get back into the swing of things, but get back into the swing of things she would! But after all, it had been many, many centuries since she'd actually lived as a fae, before she'd been killed and turned into this. Maybe she'd never be able to go back completely...after all, to say she'd changed a lot since then was an understatement.

"Oh, a boat! Really? Heehee, that sounds like an exciting tale!" Sirka laughed, and shook her pink-haired head. "I've only been on a boat just the one time it took to get over here from Necromantia. It was pretty fun, I didn't get seasick one bit though a lot of people did! A lot of people were surprised, 'cause it was my first time on a boat. They said a lot of ladies can't handle it, that I might have the makings of a fine sailor in me." She giggled at the thought, hugging him back tightly. Goodness, he was tall! But she was also short. Ah, she didn't think she'd ever get over that, though! It was almost like hugging a tree. A very cuddling tree.

Of course, Sirka knew the sailors had just been charming her. That had been one of the first times she'd really gotten some honest to goodness compliments, too, and been looked at like a woman and not a piece of property that was just there to clean and cook and not have any opinions or her own, nor anything worthwhile to say. At least, it was the first time that had happened outside of Necromantia, because she'd had a few little affairs here and there, secret of course, and they'd never lasted long for fear of being caught. But they'd at least made her feel alive again.

"Anyway! Okay, let's go!" she agreed cheerfully, smiling up at him and letting go of him again as he rambled on about...Heiroth? She didn't know what or where this Heiroth was, but she also didn't mind his talking. Really, it interested her, and her smile grew as he spoke. An obsidian mountain filled with people? "The mountain was hollow?" she asked, then shook her head.

"Nope, you didn't tell the story, Fenris, and I'd really love to hear it. I've never been anywhere outside of Necromantia...I've never even seen  a desert. Not for my whole life, and I've lived a long time. I really don't know much about these places...I don't even know where Heiroth is," she admitted, looking away for a moment, really feeling her ignorance. "Why don't you tell it to me? Lead the way, General! We can talk as we march!"

She didn't even know why they were going to the desert, but...she was fine with it! The way Sirka saw it, her life was like a blank page right now. The story could go anywhere, she just needed to put the words on the page.

Anonymous

Even in death it seemed that Fae wouldn't change. Even in complete slavery and forced to do someone else's work they wouldn't change...well somewhat. Vec could appreciate that sort of thing, sticking to one's convictions. As long as no one ended up hurt, there would be...no trouble. One day the young Fae might even learn to become alive again...though Vec was pretty sure that could only happen through reincarnation. Such was life. Live it, die in it, come back as a zombie...die again, hopefully come back as something that isn't a zombie.

"I used to be a pirate! Arrrr. This one group of people were nice enough to let me be their cook on their ship! A well fed pirate is a pirate who is...gonna do good at looting." He nodded three times and grinned when she hugged him. He liked being hugged, it was always nice. Her hugs were a little strange though, she was cold, but he still felt warm when she hugged him. That was nice. He liked that nice warm feeling you got when you were hugged. It  made him feel all tingly and good about himself. Hugs could be the nicest thing ever!

Pirate probably wasn't the nicest word to use for what those people had been...they were just people trying to get by and...save the world oddly enough. Of course the group wasn't above pillaging and looting small townships that they came across, and the odd merchant ship sometimes was just too tempting! "Sailing always was fun, except for when people got sea sick and I had to clean up the mess. I mean it was one thing to lose your lunch, but when I had specially prepared that lunch, it's like adding insult. Of course they couldn't help it really, some people just don't have the stomach for all that movement, going back and forth and up and down and side to side." With each movement word he had spoken, he would demonstrate by swaying in that direction, his teeth grinning all the while.

Clapping his hands together he grinned as he started marching off with her. This would be fun! Someone to tell all his adventures too! Someone who seemed interested in them and didn't care if he rambled! Sirka was perfect for his strangeness then! "Well alright! The mountain was indeed hollow, it was hollowed out by some dwarves long ago, but those dwarves couldn't stand the heat all the time, so they left it there. Then a bunch of these people just moved right in and started a big mercenary business. Since there were no cities around, there were no forced laws, so whatever you wanted to do there was legal. Ah the parties that were thrown in that desert were great! Of course partying only happened at night when it got cool. Oh! Right! Heiroth! Well Herioth is the world where I come from!" He said proudly, having a somewhat smug look on his face. He did love his home world, but at the same time he didn't like going back there all that much.

"Heiroth is a great place, not as great as this place though, this place has Sirka in it, and no Gods. Those Gods can get really bothersome y'know. I mean yeah my father does like to do his best for the people but the people are always asking for more and newer things. It can get hectic! Here though there doesn't seem to be any Gods being all busybodies and messing with the mortals, which is really good because Gods should be believed in and not seen or heard. Even though that would probably make me disappear since I sorta am a lower demi-god but still!" Fenris had a lot to say and well...he probably had a lot of time to say it, but that didn't mean he wanted to bore poor Sirka with all this information. It just would be rude!

"In Heiroth we have all sorts of creatures. We have the Ithzarians, the Lizard folk, Elves, Drow, Moon Drow, Fae, Ascended Fae, Humans, Dwarves, Elementals, Dopplegangers, Shapeshifters, Forgotten, Illuminated, Centuars, Minotaurs, Angels, Demons, Daemons, Celestial, Realm Travellers, Wraiths, Ascended Wraiths, Acoliatians, Ethereals, oh the list just goes on and on I think!" Fenris was completely sure he had forgotten some but right now it didn't matter! They weren't here to get offended at him for forgetting their names! That was always nice, not being attacked for simply forgetting.

"To the desert!" He announced suddenly as his march went just a wee bit faster, and his grin somehow grew just a wee bit larger. He seemed to be very excited at the prospect of visiting the desert.

Rhindeer

Sirka giggled, cupping her hand over her mouth daintily. "A pirate? Really?" she said, peering up at him in fascination, hands clasped together in front of her as he spoke. Her pink eyes were positively shining. "That sounds like it must have been exciting! Looting and everything?"

Of course, she really had no idea about the negative connotations of piratry, about the pillaging and plundering and mudering and raping--an idea that most worldly people had concerning criminals like pirates. Sirka, however, saw only the adventurous aspect of it all, saw it more as fun and games. In Necromantia there were a lot of stories about pirates and the like, which of course would make sense since Necromantia was an island. As such, she'd heard some stories here and there, mostly from children, about the adventures and treasure and mysterious creatures inhabiting undiscovered isles. Basically, a glorified version of piratry that downplayed the darker stuff. It always sounded like fun to her!

After all, Sirka was a fae. And she'd been cooped up and confined to servitude for a long, long time. Fae were naturally adventurous and mischievous and it was right up her alley.

Sirka wrinkled her nose in disdain as Fenris mentioned cleaning up the seasick messes. Ew. "No, that doesn't sound very fun. That sounds icky," she said, tilting her head and flexing her wings absently behind her. Then she laughed again as Fenris demonstrated the movements of the ship, her eyes following him back and forth and up and down and side to side--it almost made her dizzy. "Aw, well I bet they liked their lunch, especially if you made it! They just couldn't keep it down. There were a lot of people on the ship I was on like that, but I was a natural!" And she was very proud about that, too. She'd had a lot of fun out there on the open seas...the rocking of the ship felt pretty neat, the way it took her stomach away, almost tickling.

But maybe she was just weird.

As Fenris started to talk about the mountain, Sirka listened intently, enraptured and soaking up the new information. She had a head for knowledge and learning, probably because she'd been deprived it for so long, and she was quiet as she let him talk. Dwarves? Oh, she'd never met any of those! Mercenaries? That sounded exciting too! And then uddenly Fenris switched topics and Sirka blinked. Heiroth? What was...oh! She'd asked about that, hadn't she?

It was the world he'd come from?

"Your father? Oh! Mister Vec--I mean, Vec, right? Wow...that does sound really hectic, but it must be really interesting too. I mean we have a lot of weird creatures here...I think...I've seen the Nagas and Krytor on Necromantia! They're pretty nifty! What are...well...I don't think I know what half of those creatures you named are. I know what drow are and elves and fae--of course!--and centaurs and demons and...oh...I just don't know what the Acolo...things...were or...a lot of them! You'll probably tell me about them later won't you?" she asked finally, a little overwhelmed by the new information. It was easy to remember what he'd said about the desert mountain, but so many creatures...

That was impossible to remember all at once!

Though while it may have been boring to another person, to Sirka it certainly wasn't. She was intrigued by it all, and intrigued by Fenris.

Following after him, she picked up her pace to keep up with him, having to walk faster since she was much shorter and thus took smaller steps. She was excited, though, about the prospect of travelling with him and going somewhere knew and it showed in her steps as she practically bounced alongside him, delicate multicolored wings fluttering behind her. Well...actually she was skipping more like. She truly felt free now, and it felt good to be healed, to be truly whole, for the first time since her death. Before she'd been fixed, she couldn't really skip like this. Well, not unless she wanted a limb to come loose.

"To the desert!" she repeated cheerfully, then, looking ahead of them into the distance, a thought suddenly occurred to her.

Everything around here looked rather green.

Deserts weren't green. They were arid.

"How far away is the desert, Fenris?" she asked, and then, smiling, added, "Do you think they'll have a hollow mountain there, too?"

Anonymous

"Arrr me hearty! I got an eye patch and a really frilly shirt with ruffles and these really need almost knee high boots with lots of buckles! I thought they had the best fashion sense really!" Of course, the pirates never really had...done anything but looting and pillaging...raping and murdering hadn't happened much. It had just been fun really, he wouldn't be apart of a place that did...stuff like that. It wouldn't be right after all.

That's all Fenris had seen though. Adventure, fun, and cooking. Three things that he did so enjoy after all. The crew hadn't really been interested in murder and rape anyways....just a whole lot of adventure and fun time. Searching for ancient artifacts, stealing from kings...anything that really got their attention. following stories and myths too. Anything at all...and boy...had then been excited when they found out what he had really been. Actually they didn't seem to care...The captain had been a romancing necromancer, the first mate was a Shade, and he was pretty sure that some of the crew were angels in hiding and even zombies. That one guy kept getting his arm cut off and it just...fell off sometimes too. Like Sirka! Wow!

"It was like an insult sometimes, but I didn't mind. Just had to find food that wouldn't end up on the floor. Then I found these pills that really helped settle stomachs on the sea, so I just ground that into my food like pepper. People liked it!" Fenris had a big grin plastered on his face as he continued to move back and forth, up and down and all around. He loved doing like this, it was comforting, like someone was rocking you in their arms. That was always comforting really.

"Of course! Fae are all natural! They don't get sea sick, that'd be silly!" To him it would be, they were creatures of the elements, so getting sea sick didn't seem to suit a Fae. Well...a fire Fae might be afraid of the water a little bit but...Hm. That was a good question actually. "Sirka, what sort of fae are you? Earth? Wind? water? Fire? Er...or is it were you? Can you still be all magical? Use those fae powers?" Fenris asked her, blinking a few times. That really was a good question, he really did want to know just what she was doing, what sort of powers she had at this time.

"Hee, well I shall be explaining them to you then! Ahem hem! the Moon Drow are a group of Drow who feed on the moon's powers, they're very ritualistic, kinda neat really. The Ascended Fae are like Salamanders, Goblins, Undines, and Sylphs. Elementals are people who have been completely absorbed by a magical element, dopplegangers and shapeshifters can change into other things, except dopplegangers only take the form of other humans...um...Oh yeah! Forgotten are a race of like...monsters who live underground, after thousand of years of inbreeding and only staying with their own kind, they've become this heightened group of beasts who don't really talk to anyone...Ummm...what did I say..." Rubbing his chin he tried to remember just what he had said as well. Something else....Oh right!

"Illuminated! They're these monks who have become enlightened through meditation and rigorous training. They stay in their mountain temples and are like seers. They follow Vec apparently, but I can't actually be sure about that now, I haven't talked to them much. Celestial are just a broad term for any creatures from a heaven like plain of existence. Ithzarians are just angelic seers on Heiroth who have hollow bones so they can still fly but get hurt easily. Wraiths are scary, they're spirits locked in skeletons and living robes, they're elementalist and really mean people. Acoliatians are...I don't actually remember. I just remember their name...Huh..." Fenris blinked a few times as he thought about what the heck the Acoliations really were. Hm. He'd have to remember later. Right now it just slipped his mind. Bah!

"Yus! The desert! Hmm...Desert...Dessert...Mm.." Both were a good prospect. Dessert was good. a desert was good. Couldn't eat a desert though...sadly they were too...hot and sandy. Yeh. That never worked out in the end. Best to have just a dessert in the desert.

"No idea! But I know if we walk that way then we'll find it, eventually! So we walk! And skip! And run! And dance even! Mweee!" That little sound of his was a happy squee of sort, an excited sort of noise. It was impossible to tell just why he was making it. "Hmm! That'd be neat! A giant hollow mountain would be really cool! If only! Maybe it will! Let's see what it's got there!"

Rhindeer

"Hehe, I bet those clothes looked good on you!" Sirka said with a wink. "I think dressing up like that'd be fun...OH! Do you like playing dress-up, Fenris?" she asked seriously, eyes lighting up. "I've always wanted to play it. All the kids back at our House would play it and I never could of course because I was the zombie maid. But it looked neat! All the cute clothes..."

Ah, she was such a girl. But she loved clothes! That was one of the things she really liked about humans. The fae wore clothes of course, but it was simplistic and practical. Humans had all the frilly, fun, fancy, lacy stuff! Like what she was wearing now. It always made her feel like a doll almost.

Her thoughts were taken off clothes and piracy, however, by his question and she looked over at him in surprise. That was a good question! She didn't seem to fit any of those categories really. "Oh, me? What kinda fae? Um..." Sirka rolled her eyes skyward and scratched her head as she thought. "I don't think we have a type. Like, I can do all sortsa magic! But I do lean toward Earth. In my tribe, we all have some of every element in us, but we're only really strong in one or two. Some of the really old fae can get strong in them all, but they have to live a long time and it's hard to live that long without getting eaten," she said with a nod, looking back over at Fenris.

"My specialty is plants. Hehe, you wouldn't imagine how useful that was in Necromantia. Our house had the most vibrant flowers. All the others died. I can still be magical, too! See, that's why I didn't become all mindless when I was brought back. Fae magic's really potent! Like, we fae are basically a bunch of magic and spirit put in a fleshy shell, if that makes any sense? And since I was brought back quickly, it was done before the magic and spirit could leave the body. So it stayed. It's that strong, even if I'm not technically alive. I'm apparently alive enough!" she said with a giggle, light-hearted even about such a grim subject.

"So...yes! That was a much longer way of saying yup, I can use 'em still! Good as ever! I wouldn't be alive if I couldn't! And if something ever separated me from my magic, then I'd really die."

After that, she listened interestedly as Fenris launched into an explanation fo what all the different races were. Some of them, like the Moon Drow and Ascended Fae, were like different versions of things she already knew about. The Forgotten sounded kind of scary--if she hadn't lived for so many centuries in a place where monsters were everyday and she was basically a strange monster herself. The other ones made sense and sounded like things she'd heard of here...except the Illuminated and Wraiths. They sounded interesting, except she didn't think she'd want to meet a Wraith. She wasn't a fan of mean people.

And then as soon as he was done, he was off again on a totally difefrent subject: desert and dessert. She laughed at him. "We can have dessert in the desert?" she offered up with a smile. Not that she really had to eat. Technically it was good for her to...eat flesh. But that had always appalled her since she and the rest of her tribe were vegetarian, and even more since the only flesh that actually did anything for her was humanoid flesh. She could put off a feeding for a long time, her magic sustaining her, but eventually she did have to feed, just like any other undead did.

It was so nasty to her...she hated it. And she didn't plan on feeding anytime soon.

Well, not on flesh. Dessert would work. She did love sweets!

Sirka started laughing again at Fenris' weird little sound, folding her wings in as tight as she could so she could skip alongside him, just because she felt like it. Fenris was energetic as all heck and it rubbed off easily. "That sounds like fun! I hope there's a mountain there...oh! Fenris? What do deserts have? Are they just all sand, or do people live there too?"

Not that she minded. She had nowhere else to go and just going somewhere she hadn't been before was fun in her book.

Anonymous

"How could they have not? Look at me, I'm fantastic!" Once more Fenris struck a pose, his grin just saying glued on his face. As if he could stop grinning though, as everything was so fantastic after all! "Dress up?! I LOVE DRESS UP!" He exclaimed as he suddenly began to jump up and down excitedly, clapping his hands together. "Eee! We totally have to play that then! Maybe get a bunch of clothes from some place and take turns dressing up in different costumes as well!! Oooooh we need to go to a royal ball or something and dress all fancily in a suit with a ruffled shirt and a long felt doublet and breeches and those neat leather high boots and maybe then we can dance and have some cake and I love cake it's so delicious tasting!" Fenris had moved on and on with his thought, just getting so many good ideas at once. Hm, he wasn't sure which one he wanted to do first...Dress up. Yes. Dress up! After all, poor Sirka hadn't been able to play dress up and that was wrong, everyone should be able to after all.

Fenris nodded and smiled, knowing just what she meant. "Ohhh, that kind of Fae. We never really had that kind of Fae in Heiroth. That was a Chaos and Law sort of thing combining, having to use all the elements in one fluid motion, it didn't go good for anyone really. They got to be very uppity and that made my father sad because the Fae were always level and calm creatures that respected everything and everyone but those ones just didn't seem to..." Then he blinked as he thought about something. Getting eaten? What ate a Fae? What would want to eat a Fae? They were like bugs? Was there some sort of giant magical bug eating beast? That didn't sound very nice at all.

"Plants? Oh! Plants! Right! Hee. Plants are the bestest! I love them so much! Those fancy coloured ones are the best though, they have such beautiful colours...like...that one!" He pointed his finger at a rock and it exploded with a flash of lemon smelling green smoke. In its place was a large yellow beetle. Fenris bit his lip as he saw it, then frowned, not wanting that at all. "I mean...like...that one!" Another explosion of smoke, this time a crimson colour that smelled oddly like a berry mix. The beetle was gone, now a rather vibrant blue lily grew from the ground, with a bright cheery green stem and petals of the oddest design. The vibrant blue mixed with a soft purple that turned to a rather nice orange near the tips of the petals. Fenris clapped his hands before he plucked the flower from the ground and smelt it. "Ah! Smells like cherries!" Fenris handed it over to Sirka with a large grin. "Take it! You can make it stay alive then! I give to you the first Sirka Lily!"

"We can? Oh! I bet we can! Just gotta eat it quick if it's ice cream or something, else it'll melt and not be very neat at all. Very bad if it melts." He nodded a few times and grinned, glad that she would be up to eating dessert in the desert. Still, what to give an undead Fae...no...A zombie Fae. Maybe he could put chocolate sauce on his finger and she could nibble on that. Hee! It'd feel neat! He'd have to try that actually...Hmm..."Sirka! You are gonna need to eat right? You can have my fingers if you want! I can regrow them really quickly! When we get to the desert you can have chocolate fingers a la Fenris! I bet I taste really good!" He was actually excited at the prospect of having his fingers eaten. Though he didn't have bones for her to gnaw on, he did have a good amount of meat, before she got to the chaos that was his entire being. Even if she bit into the chaos, it wouldn't do anything to her. Not if he wanted it to!

And he did NOT want her to.

Chaos might taste bad. Still. His fingers did look delicious...He stared at them a moment before he focused back on skipping, careful not to trip on anything.

Fenris giggled suddenly as he skipped with Sirka, so glad that she knew how to skip. He would teach her of course if she didn't, everyone HAD to know how to skip. That was just a given. "Deserts have loooots of sand! Lots of it! Sometimes they have an oasis where water comes out and forms a small sort of pondy lake thing then plants and trees grow around it, which are so darn neat to see, but mostly there is sand! I'm sure that there are people there, all deserts have some sort of people living in them, it's like a given you know! Let's hope they're nice people, some cities don't like outsiders, especially cities that are stuck in the desert and have no visitors from outlying lands."

Still, he hoped to meet some people there, he was sure they would be superbly neat to say the least!

Rhindeer

The idea of going to a royal ball and dressing up all fancy-like was thoroughly exciting to her, and it seemed exciting to Fenris, too, considering the way he'd been hopping up and down. That'd be wonderful if it could happen! Though she did wonder how they'd get to go to a royal ball, considering she certainly wasn't royalty and that she had no connections to any royalty. Guess they'd have to sneak in or something, maybe? That would be tricky, too. Oh, she could be sly and sneaky, she'd learned how to eavesdrop and snoop without getting caught, but that was different from trying to actually sneak into a place that she wasn't supposed to be. With her colorful hair and colorful wings, she kind of stood out in a crowd.

More than anything, she was just excited at the prospect of playing dress up.

It was interesting to hear just how different the fae on his world were from her own tribe. Of course she knew there were lots of different types of fae in this world, but she knew her people at least, even those ones that could effectively harness all the elements, were far from...uppity. Nothing good could come from arrogance or abusing one's abilities, and her people focused most on balance and respect for all things. Everything had a spirit to them, from humanoids to the tiniest beetle to rocks and streams and moss. Everything had a purpose, too. Sirka even respected the people who had killed and resurrected her--respected their right to life and that even they had a purpose, but that didn't mean she had to like them or what they'd done. She harbored a lot of anger toward them; they'd hurt so many people and creatures, and they'd hurt the land, too.

She frowned as she thought about that, brow furrowing, but then Fenris mentioned his love of plants and she instantly brightened, following his finger as he abruptly pointed and...then blinking in confusion when a beetle appeared. A beetle flower, maybe? She covered her mouth, trying to hold in a giggle lest it make him feel bad for messing up, but then he pointed again and this time a flower did appear, a rather pretty one that she'd never seen before. Since when did flowers have pink stems? Or smell like cherries? Then Fenris plucked it and handed it over to her, and she took it and smelled it, as well, her eyes drifting close as she took in the wonderful aroma. Ah, cherries...

"Thank you! It's beautiful, Fenris," she said softly, opening her eyes and lightly caressing the petals with her other hand. Sirka Lily. So he'd created a new flower just for her? "I'll make sure it doesn't die..." And with that said, she brought the flower close to her lips and whispered something to it, too quiet to really hear the words, not that it would have mattered because the language she spoke then wasn't Common. Then, with a smile, she pushed some hair back so she could tuck the flower behind a pointed ear.

At his question concerning eating, Sirka tilted her head. "Well, I don't need to eat often, and I can eat lotsa things, but I..." She shifted awkwardly. She couldn't help but be ashamed of her new diet. She had to eat humanoid flesh. It was the only food that did anything for her, otherwise after a while, not even her fae magic would be able to keep her in one piece. If she stopped cold turkey, the magic could support her for a while, but eventually she would start to decay. That had happened once and only once when she'd first become a zombie. Oh, the stench had been terrible...and the flies...

She shuddered, blocking that image from her mind. Ever since then, she'd been fly and maggot phobic, and for good reason! Ahem. "I can go for a while without eating, but eventually I do have to eat...ah...eat..." She motioned with a hand, then nodded when he suggested his fingers. Well. He understood, apparently! That saved her the trouble of explaining her predicament. It was easier to talk about it in Necromantia; there were a lot of humanoid-eaters there!

"If it won't hurt you, Mister Fenris--ah, Fenris, apologies!--then that'd be wonderful!" she said, smiling brightly. He could regrow his fingers? Oh! That saved her so much trouble! She'd been fretting since coming to the mainland as to how she'd, ahem, acquire edible humanoid flesh. This solved everything! And chocolate, too? She muffled a giggle behind her hand. "Thank you! That would solve a lot of problems right there if you wouldn't mind. But only if it won't hurt you, okay? But I don't need to eat too often. I can go a while without, and I can eat other things, they just won't nourish me," she explained, and resumed her skipping.

"I guess everywhere has someone living there, no matter how desolate! I mean, look at Necromantia now! Eheh, well, you probably haven't been there, but it's not pretty anymore and a lot of people live there. So I guess that makes sense! About deserts and people. But if they're mean people, there's nothing to worry about, right? I mean, you're a god! Or...avatar. And I'm a zombie! Hee, I can't really die! Well. I'm already dead."

She wasn't worried.

Anonymous

An opportunity to dress up and play the fancy man was always something that Fenris loved. He was carefree after all, quite carefree, and he just wanted to show Sirka that life didn't have to be ridiculous, that it could be fun, that it could be enjoyable, no matter what you were! Noble or not, she was going to be at a fancy ball, dressed to the gills, and maybe in bells of some sort too! Now, there was just some key things that she was going to need though...like a title. Ah! Yeah! A title! Now queen was perhaps a little to...well, let's face it, they couldn't pull it off.

Yet.

Ahem.

"Well, I did create it, and all things touched PROPERLY by chaos can be quite beautiful really! Just you need the right amount of chaos, and the right amount of...me!" He did love to make things too, he always made things, and he made as many of them as possible. He felt more at ease surrounded by his own chaotic creations. He never got to do much on Heiroth when it came to creation. All his brothers and sisters had their jobs and duties to make land, water, air, trees, while he just had to add spice to life. He kinda felt...well...wronged at that point. It wasn't fair that he wasn't allowed make things...

Which explains the time in Heiroth with an entire forest when to the colour blue and the trees started creating copious amounts of deadly nitrogen. He'd learned from there...he wasn't allowed to create on a large scale. But a very small scale, oh now he could do that! And really so he did. He had to. Creating things was Godly after all, and things of beauty, not of war.

Except the Sirka Dagger. That was a special circumstance cause no one was gonna die from it technically...and it looked beautiful. "Yeah! Make sure it doesn't die! Most of the stuff I make lasts for a while but if you can make it go on for a long long time that would be just great then!" Ah, this could be really good then! He could create some plants and Sirka could tend them!

Ah, he'd found the perfect companion!

For some reason she seemed...her mood changed. Drastically it seemed. Why did she seem so...shy all of a sudden. Fenris looked greatly confused, trying to figure it all out, but apparently after just talking a little bit she was back to her chipper old self. Now granted, Fenris wasn't a man who would openly enjoy pain. He didn't feel it for one, so he never knew what it was. Everything to him was just pleasurable after all.  "And with me around, ya won't have ta worry! I can grow stuff back, and taste delicious don't you worry! And nope! I won't get hurt one bit! !I don't have pain receptors in my flesh, or my mind. So you could just munch on my fingers all you want!" Now that had to just be weird...a man offering up his digits to a zombie.

"Bah! Eat when you want to! Don't you just be a worry wort about it Sirky! You need to eat, I can re grow limbs and feel no pain, plus you'll get chocolate or lemon sauce or something neat like that too! I could make a whole bunch of things to have my fingers be tasty!" This was actually exciting! He never had someone need him for nourishment before, so really...oh this would just be great!

"I wish I could look at it but...it's all the way where ever it is! One day I might though, you never know!" Fenris skipped beside her, grinning at her comment. "Well, yeah an Avatar, that's  right...ah! Yeah you are dead already aren't ya? That'll be fantastic! Ah we could have so much fun then! You can't die, I can't die, so we can just be great!" Already though Fenris was thinking about fixing food. He was hungry. Well. Hungry in a different way. He didn't expressly need to eat but he made sure he did about every 12 hours, usually when just a craving hit.

After skipping along with Sirka for a little, Fenris suddenly came to a halt, looking back after Zantaric. Hm. This looked good! "Okay! Time to fix food! I wanna have some food and you can have Fenris fingers! Eee! This will be great!" It took Fenris a few minutes to start the fire, as gathering the wood was easy, but actually creating fire was just a bit difficult. Finally though he got a fire that was green like his hair, had a bit of blue smoke and was actually searing, just as fire should be. "Finally, a fire that isn't really cold or just lukewarm. Alright! Pan friend sausages and potato time!" Producing the pans from air, and pulling out the sausages and potatoes from his pockets, which one had to assume was actually an extra dimensional pocket in his clothes, he began to work.

Spices were also produced, and if Sirka watched, she could see him cutting his fingers off with a small knife, giggling madly each time he did so. It must have been true, he did not feel pain from it, just pure pleasure. Well. At least he wasn't getting...excited. Then again, one would wonder if Fenris was capable of that though. Considering how strange he was already, could he focus on that? Probably not.

A few times he had suddenly stopped to go talk to a tree or pet a squirrel that came to curiously investigate, but after a couple of hours the food was finally cooked and Fenris handed a plate to Sirka. It had some potatoes, and it had a nice pile of his fingers and a couple of thumbs. He wiggled the ones that had regrown on his hand with a grin. "See!? They grew back! Really quickly! Hee! It felt fantastic too! There! And they'll taste like sausage as well! I cooked 'em in the sausage grease! I'm so smart!" Fenris looked very pleased with himself as he took a seat beside Sirka and digging into the food with his fingers.

"After dinner, let's make you some clothes Sirka! Those dresses are beautifully fantastic but they can't be good for travelling in! You need some sort of pant shirt combination or a simple robe or just...overly simple dresses really! Though you gotta wear 'em when my father is around, he seemed pretty red faced when you flashed him! We gotta remind him of that each time!"

Rhindeer

Despite her fancy, lacy dress, Sirka took a seat on the ground when they stopped so Fenris could fix some food. There was a boulder she could have sat on if she'd wanted to, and a downed tree that would have been pretty comfy, but she preferred to sit on the ground. It wasn't dirty to her, because soil was beautiful and pure in her eyes. She never saw how humans viewed it as filthy, because it was really very clean! Then again, she was a fae and she liked being close to nature and close to the earth. She couldn't care less if her dress got messed up and needed to be washed, and a few tears were nothing to her. She didn't have a human's perspective when it came to material possessions; she just didn't grow attached to stuff.

Oh, she loved the dresses because they looked cute and they made fun swishing sounds, and she had been careful when wearing them back in Necromantia. But that was really only because she got in major trouble whenever she messed one up.

While Fenris did his thing cooking and getting distracted, Sirka just giggled and watched for the most part, not at all bothered by the way he sliced off his fingers. If she had never been turned into a zombie, oh, you can bet she would have been disturbed! But she'd been undead for a long time, and not too much phased her anymore. Certainly not someone gleefully hacking off their own limbs when she did the same thing out of boredom sometimes.

At one point she got up, dusted herself off, and walked over to investigate the fallen tree after noticing something a bit interesting about it. Minutes were rolling into hours, and she would admit that she had a small attention span. So while Fenris busied himself doing his thing, Sirka knelt by the tree and did something she hadn't done in centuries--she tried to encourage a wild plant to grow. No, not the tree itself; the poor thing was still dying, struck by lightning from the looks of it, and there was nothing she could do about it. But a small sapling was growing beside it, barely more than a sprout right now, and Sirka tenderly stroked the frail green stalk and let some of her own energy channel into it to strengthen it and quicken its progress.

And to protect it. Most animals would be able to feel the fae magic in it now, and they would hopefully leave it alone instead of eat it.

By the time she finished and walked back over to where she'd been originally sitting, Fenris was done and had handed a plate to her with a hand that once again had fingers! Another thing that would have struck anyone else as odd that she was completely unbothered by. She settled down on the ground and dug into her food with a strange combination of daintiness and barbarism. The daintiness came from how she lightly gripped each finger between her index finger and thumb, pinky out, and nibbled lightly on each one. The barbarism, well...she was eating freakin' fingers.

"Mm, these are delicious! Thank you, m'lord! I mean, Fenris. Heehee." She giggled softly and licked her own fingers delicately when she was through, leaving a little more than half of her food unfinished. Sirka just wasn't a big eater. She lifted a fold of her dress and dabbed at her lips, then laughed and shook her head.

"Oh, I don't think I want pants. I've always worn dresses when I've worn anything at all, and don't like how pants feel, honestly. Besides," she said with a cheeky grin, holding up one finger. "It's best to be prepared! And you never know when your father will get the drop on us! Ehehe, I still can't believe how red he got! I didn't really mean to do that...the first time..."

Even so, the action was still completely innocent. A human might have viewed it as sexual, but she had just thought it was hilarious. Honestly, a god embarrassed by nudity? Didn't they create nudity?

Anonymous

While perhaps the large avatar took an interest in keeping his fingernails clean, he had no problem with dirt really. It might have had something to do  with the fact that his 'sister' was the Goddess of Land and such, which meant dirt. Not to mention this was Fenris, he could barely remember that he was clean or where he was for that matter.

Fenris seemed to be having a great time as he sliced his own fingers off, mainly because the wounds would let forth a strange light before sealing themselves up. It was fun! Very fun! Ahahaha! Yay! Fingers didn't need to be attached, he could lose them all he wanted. "This little piggy never makes it market." Of course...piggies were usually toes but...Fenris thought it was just right. Heh heh.

He giggled as he watched her eating his fingers. His fingers! That he still had on his hand for that matter. Really! How odd was it to have fingers on your hand, but you could see someone eating them right there on a plate. Fingers! He had cooked them already and yet...he had them! It seemed really cute the way she was eating them. Just nibbling on each one. He was so glad he was able to do this!

"Yes! Gotta call me Fenris. I'm no m'lord. Could be a m'lady if I wanted to. Not much for title though!" Fenris said with a small wave of his hand. He only really liked the God of Chaos title, and that was more of a description thing really. Though...that was kinda what titles were...they were just one or two words that when you heard them, could be an entire paragraph behind titles really. They were just darned good like that.

"Oh well then! No pants! Hah! I go pantsless. I wear shorts though. Much comfier. I'm told I'm supposed to wear stuff under my robe. Pft. Shame is so funny!" He had none, but Vec had ingrained it into his memory and his habits at least. Or else he'd just be walking around naked a lot of hte time.

"Heh heh, it was funny! He blushes, he's weird sometimes. Human too. Well. Not human. Mortal. He can die. I guess he's kinda becoming human. Humans get embarrassed. Trust me, if that had been Father from way back in Heiroth, you coulda been butt naked in front of him and he woulda been all 'Psha, big deal, your naked.' Then he woulda gotten naked too and been all shrugging it off." Fenris just talked so much didn't he? He rambled so much, just talked about whatever he could, and it had been forever since he had come into contact with someone who actually liked to hear him talk so he was gonna just let the flood come.

"Alright!" Fenris jumped up to his feet, clapping them together as he turned to her. He looked rather...happy to say the least. And he was grinning, very much.

"Let's start making you some dresses!" Fenris soon jumped to some trees and began to break off branches and stuck them in the ground as posts so he could put dresses on them when he finished making them. "Now lesse...all could girls need those dresses that aren't all big and like the one you've got there. You need like little summer dresses and stuff! With a frilly hem perhaps. Two straps. Ooo! You need a clingy dress too for those fancy occasions! Ahem...one two three...a dress for...THEE!" There was a strange bubbling noise as he pointed his finger at a stick and several thousand small coloured bubbles shot out onto the stick. Fenris frowned as he tapped his finger.

"Don't do that. You know what I want. Come on! Four five six put a dress on one of those STICKS!" There was a sudden sound of...well it sort of sounded like ribbons flying out from his finger, but they all settled on one of the sticks just like a dress. It was a simple summer dress with a flared out bottom that had frilly white lace around it. The colour was a sort of peachy, light of course, and there were...fanciful flowers on it that were multicoloured. Each petal a different colour, however each colour was very soft, gentle even. "Huzzah! And just your size. Oh magic finger you're great!"

Rhindeer

Sirka blinked her large pink eyes and wrinkled her pixie-like nose, not too sure she liked the sound of the dressed he'd named. Little summer ones? Clingy ones? She glanced down at her own frilly, poofy dress. She liked her dress just fine, actually, though she knew she'd need others to change into, but this was the dress she'd left in and this was the style she was used to and liked. Sure it might get hot on their travels but Sirka also wasn't living and her flesh was quite cool. It was nigh impossible for her to overheat, and even if she did it wasn't like it could kill her!

There was always that whole ease of travel and practicality thing, though, and these clothes had been made for indoor wear and short trips outside, not on long journeys! Already she'd found the layered skirts cumbersome, but not enough that she'd stop wearing them.

She kept her mouth shut, though, and watched Fenris do his thing. It would be rude not to accept such a gracious offer and she had learned to never turn down a gift or a random act of kindness--both because it was just proper etiquette and because kindness simply didn't grow on trees! So she waited patiently as he worked, hands folded in her lap except when she had to cover her mouth to muffle little giggles when he failed and produced bubbles instead of dresses.

The bubbles were nice, though! So pretty and colorful...it took a great deal of willpower not to get up, dash over to that stick, and play with the colorful bubbles attached to it. It was the simple thing in life that amused fae like her and she could have been perfectly content just having a mass of bubbles to chase around in place of a few new dresses. Her wings twitched and drooped a little, but soon enough and her flighty attention span was being sated again. Fenris pointed and ribbons shot out, settling onto the sticks while Sirka gasped in delight. Before long, a dress had formed, a pretty one, more simplistic than her own but still quite pretty. And it had flowers on it!

Sirka loved flowers!

Bouncing to her feet and smoothing down the wrinkles in her dress (and forgetting to dust off her bottom, which was indeed quite dusty) she quickly skipped over to the dress and stopped in front of it, hands clasped behind her back and leaning this way and that to examine it. She'd never really worn something like it before--she was all too used to bodices and corsets and lace and layers and wires and frills--but it was very interesting. It looked like it just hung on the body. Very interesting! So it would basically be like wearing no clothes, except with clothes hanging over her.

"Ohh, it's so pretty!" she exclaimed, spinning around on her heel to face him, face lit up. "Thank you! Oh, but can I keep my dress still? I really like this dress, too." Not that she wouldn't easily part with it if asked, and she wouldn't miss it, either, but she did so like it. Turning back around to look at the dress, she reached a hand out to tentatively stroke the material. "Can I try it on? Oh, thank you! I didn't thank you properly, this deserves a hug! Thank you!"

That was said while she spun around again, crossed the distance between them, and flung her arms around his waist. However, she apparently flung her arms too hard because, with a sudden snap, her one arm broke off at the elbow and went soaring through the air behind Fenris. It landed on the grassy ground with an audible thud even while Sirka was busy hugging onto Fenris with a one-armed embrace, her cheeks flushing with color when she realized that, ah...something was kind of missing.

It was apparent then that while Fenris had indeed fixed her, the fix was only temporary. Well, perhaps it was a bit expected considering her strange status as a zombie faerie. Things tended to work oddly on her. In any case, no time to think about that--her arm had just come off! Which meant she was right back to falling apart again.

That and she needed to get her arm before some animal took it.

"Oh...ah...eh hee hee, whoopsies," Sirka said, giggling nervously.

Anonymous

While Fenris didn't mind her dress, it was just so...not right for travelling. She couldn't get hot of course, being...you know...dead. Corpses were rather cool but...the dress was just not right! It would get ripped and torn and that wasn't fantastic. It might make her sad and he didn't want that to happen! Besides, she could always wear it for other occasions! Plenty of occasions called for a big, frilly, pretty, poofy dress. Besides, who didn't want more clothes to wear anyway? Fenris enjoyed his own strange concoction, but he'd wear more if he had to.

Fenris wished his magic worked a little better. The bubbles were pretty, and if he hadn't been focusing on the dress making, he'd probably be with Sirka chasing and trying to pop them or herd them about. However, it was the dress he wanted, and it would be the dress he would make!

He was quite proud of himself as the dress settled. That's what he wanted! It wasn't even that gaudy! Things had come out rather soft. He did giggle quietly though as he watched her run to it. Her bum was really dusty! However, he was back to looking at the dress differences. Big and somewhat cumbersome, and then light as air. Good that it worked, and that it looked her size too! "Of course! No one said you needed to get rid of it! It's a good dress! You can keep it and have a wardrobe!" Fenris could make a pocket of extra-dimensional space to store her clothes in too. He'd make a new pocket on his robe and put it in there. That would really freak people when he started pulling whole clothes from a seemingly small pocket. "Sure! You can try it on! It's yours after all!"

Even though she said he deserved a hug, he didn't expect her to suddenly rush over him. She closed fast, and suddenly her arms were about him. Sorta. There was a loud snapping noise and suddenly one arm was completely missing. Oop. That couldn't be good. He looked mostly confused, his eyes looking down at her, and then over to her arm for a moment, then back to her. Now, Fenris had forgot she was a zombie. Zombies still rotted. While he could heal scars and all that sort of thing, he couldn't bring her back to life. She would need her cells to be alive, if not, she would still rot. He could reverse the rotting but he could never stop it.

It all made sense now.

"Well, it's a good thing I made that knife then Sirka!" Looks like they'd have to be a bit more careful wouldn't they? Sirka to him was like some sort of living doll almost. He could dress her up, but he'd have to take VERY good care of her. Because she was fragile. That was the best way to put it with him, and he liked it, cause it worked really! Though, he'd never call her a doll to her, that would be rude. She was a person! A person doll. Doll person. She was a friend who let him dress her up! Yeah! That's good, that worked, no one would be having hurt feelings. FANTASTIC!

"I'll get it though! You get the knife! We'll have your arm back on in no time!" He told her as he left her one armed embrace, fetching the arm from the ground. He looked at it a moment, a rather amused smile on his face. When he wiggled it, the wrist flopped about. Hee. No! Must be gentle. The hand could snap off. Luckily it seemed alright though. He tested it, putting his fingers on the wrist for a moment and feeling along the bones. Nothing seemed broken in there. That was good. He didn't want her hands or anything falling off. Or her fingers either. That would be bad. Having her fingers fly off of her while they were walking? What if they fell into a stream?! They'd never be able to find them again.

"Now, I'll hold your arm to your elbow, and you can use the knife to heal it!" Fenris announced as he approached with a grin. This would be easy, they could do it. It would be fine! Even if they couldn't, they always had the back up technique! A little bit of string and a needle. They could just so it all back up! Use the knife to connect the bone again maybe. They could do that easy.