Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Did you get a PM from Bridge?

Started by Anonymous, May 27, 2007, 06:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm just curious at this point....a couple of players have gotten a PM from a new person called Bridge, inviting them to come play on another rpg site. Now, I don't think this is necessarily against the rules per say, but if that's the only reason they're on here, to just PM all the players to get them to go to their site...then yeah, we might have a small problem ^^; Anyway, I was just wondering who, if anyone else, has gotten a PM from Bridge with the invite to their site.

Thanks! ^_^

Anonymous

I honestly think it's just rude.

Screw being it against the rules or not, we have an advertising board for advertising, they don't even have to join the site to advertise. If that's their way of getting members, that is very cheap and rude of them and if this continues we should ban the person because they fail at looking around for the real advertising board. I have no problems with them advertising on the site, as long as it's in the appropriate place, and through PM's to members is NOT the appropriate place for it.

I know that was a little off topic, so, to add on... I know Pseudonym got a PM, she sent it to me and was highly entertained.

Anonymous

-cough- I got one, and asked weather or not she sent one to everyone. She said she hadn't just a few people. -slinks away-

Anonymous

Me too.

Sounds interesting, and I'm good at juggling roleplays, so I wouldn't have minded this if it hadn't been just advertisement as opposed to a friendly suggestion from an active player of both communities.

Anonymous

Lol, be calm Draco, be calm XP This is why I'm curious as to see if they really are contacting a bunch of players, because that's pretty much like spamming us ^^; I'll PM them about it, now that I know they have contacted at the very least a handful of players *nods*

Anonymous

xD I am calm.

I'm just taking a more authrotive approach to it. They won't back off it they think you're not at least a little irritated about it.

Remember Blue, I'm the big, evil, mean admin! >_</) You and Rhi can be the nice ones.

Anonymous

Yay! DRAMA! *so amused* But it sucks that you poor guys have to go through lists of names to delete ^^;

Btw, I was told my rp skills were EXTREMELY unique.  lmao *feels loved* I dunno why they'd send me a pm, I'm scary to rp with XD

I didn't find their pm that appealing either. Who in their right mind allows just ol' ANYONE to become a mod? ^^;

And if they haven't said hello in the appropriate forum to do so, I suspect they have no intentions of rp'n here. The first thing they did is this. They just want to gather as many players as they can and bring them over, which is a nasty tactic if you ask me, but then again not appealing and I love it here XD

Anonymous

Haha.

QuoteDear Wonderful RPer,

I am from Realms and I have found your RPing skills to be EXTREMELY unique. I have seen your work and thought that you would be a wonderful asset to our board. So I'm hoping that you will join us. First off let me tell you about Realms:

Realms is an awesome Role Playing board with many awesome members and wonderful Staff. All of the Mods and Admins are wonderful(and slightly insane), yet they are all completely wonderful to even the newest of our recruits on our wonderful board. The board's oppurtunities are endless and with every new member we get, the chance to become a Mod becomes even greater.

At Realms, you can have endless characters and can Role Play in our many specified boards such as: The Arena of Champions, The Past, Present, and Future, and lastly, our specified boards for an RP where an endless amount of people can join.

At Realms we also have many competitions. In these competitions(which are strictly battle only which are held in The Arena of Champions) you can gain anything from Customized Titles to Mod and Admin generated Items for your bios.

So please join us. We will welcome you with open arms and help you along the way with every step. Remember, the chance to become a Mod becomes greater with every member who joins, so who knows, one day you could become a Mod and then rise your way to the top with the Admin status!!! So please join and say that N3344 told you to come.

Realms:
*nyah nyah, I deleted the link xP *

Thanks,
Bridge

My PM. Isn't it lovely? I'm just as EXTREMELY unique as Lazuli. How unique is that? Haha. And everyone is wonderful and awesome. Anyway. Yeah. 'Bout it.

I'm tired and cranky. Thus this post. =]

Enjoy<3

EDIT: Hey, haha, Lazuli, I just realized the 'I'm just as EXTREMELY unique as Lazuli' could've sounded offensive. I just meant that she sent the same thing to two people, not saying you're not unique or you're a bad role-player or anything. No damage intended<3

Anonymous

Ok guys, lol *shakes head* I already pmed Bridge, and they apologized profusely and all, so hopefully they shall advertise the right way and stop the pms. Otherwise I shall have to sic Draco the big scary admin after them XP

Anonymous

Rawr >8].

Ph33r mi.

Anonymous

QuoteEDIT: Hey, haha, Lazuli, I just realized the 'I'm just as EXTREMELY unique as Lazuli' could've sounded offensive. I just meant that she sent the same thing to two people, not saying you're not unique or you're a bad role-player or anything. No damage intended<3

No it didn't, I understood what you meant, lmao. Too funny XD

Anonymous

Ok, ok. Before Im judged. I need to state my case. Firstly and foremost, I apologize to everyone. Though, dont get me wrong, I do think you all are extremely unique or else I wouldnt have invited you all. Anyways, let me explain my side to the story.

First off, I looked through the rules and saw nothing an advertisement(Blue has cleared it up for me now). But I didnt see anything at all. Secondly, yesterday, I had a friend over who is a RPer Recruiter. He gave me the direct link to this site and said that he has recruited from here before by PM and he said he didnt get into trouble.

Also, he told me it was alright to advertise by PM because there was nothing wrong with it and you wouldnt get into trouble.

So yea. If you guys dont believe me or what not, go ahead. If you feel my punishment is to be banned, go ahead. But I will stick to my story. Also, I didnt mean to bring any harm or conflict between me, the members here, this board, and my board.

I do plan on RPing here as well. Anyways, once again Im extremely sorry.

~Bridge

PS. Im a guy.  :D

Anonymous

If it's through PM and you don't PM a mod or an admin, then we have no way of knowing he HAD been advertising through PMing. We know this time because we were told. What I want to know is, what made you think that recruiting through PM was a good nice way of advertising? Your friend didn't get into trouble because we didn't know about it, otherwise we'd have barked at him, too.

There is an advertising board on SotE. That alone should be a big flashing thing that says 'advertise here not anywhere else'.

You're free to RP here, just keep your advertising away from PM's or the next time you will be banned because I'm a big mean admin.

With that out of the way, welcome to SotE. Hope you enjoy yourself.^_^

Rhindeer

Yeah...it actually is in the rules not to advertise anywhere else but on the proper board. Under "Forum Etiquette", but maybe I'll have to make it larger and more obvious or something. O.o *goes to do so* Because this is the second time this has happened that I know about. ^^;; But yeah, for future reference advertising through PMs on a site is typically bad, bad form. It's even more rude if the site being advertised doesn't have an advertising board of its own, or even an affiliate program. >_>

But yeah, I think that's outta the way and pretty much a dead horse now. Just wanted to say that it actually has been a rule for a while. x3

Anyhoo...you're forgiven, Bridge. xD Lesson learned, and it's good to know ya didn't join JUST to advertise. xP Welcome to the site, and I'm pretty sure that now that all that is cleared up, we can all put it behind us, move on, and go back to our regularly scheduled pretendy fun-times games! Hope ya have fun here, and if you have any questions, ask. ^_^
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa