Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

..Drygan..The Trek Continues..

Started by Rhindeer, December 27, 2004, 05:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sakkata's light amber eyes rolled and she shook her head, trying not to laugh. Yeah, she could just see the sorts of odd hair styles he was going to come up with...
"Hatame, don't ask about crazy. I've been crazy before. You don't want to be, trust me." She responded, calmly walking off a bit. She wasn't entirely sure which was was to the nearest town, since she hadn't exactly been...herself while coming up here.
She sniffed lightly a few times, unable to pick up anything other than the scent of the pines and of the burnt odor of the earlier battle.

A small sigh escaped her, and she turned back to face Hatame. "I hope you remember which way the nearest town is." She stated bluntly, giving him one of those 'you better or else' looks. She did not want to be wandering around in the mountains with only his jacket on!

(Eee, uber short! Sowwy! ;_; )

Rhindeer

Hatame recognized that blunt tone and stare all too well, and half flirted with the idea of saying he didn't remember, just to get a rise out of her for a while. But, he opted not to. He wasn't that cruel, and it must be cold wearing only a jacket. Never mind her modesty.

Thank goodness he did remember. The general direction, at least. As for specifics...uh...well, there were lots of forests. Lots of trees. And then there was that grassy area with the knoll. He probably should have paid more attention to where they were going instead of focusing his attention entirely of their actual destination. "I didn't see any other towns on the way up here...but, that Serendipity one is a few days away. There might be others, but...I wasn't really paying attention, " he admitted sheepishly. Hey...rooting out other towns hadn't even entered his mind. He'd been more concerned with kinda sorta bringing Sakkata back alive.

Thank Gods that had worked out. Hadn't exactly all gone according to plan, and he still regretted some things, and probably always would, but...she was alive. And he'd do it again if he had to, without a second thought.

"Don't worry...maybe we'll spot some on the way. By the way, it's this way, Rapunzel," he added with a teasing, playful grin before turning in the direction opposite from her, all hints of awkwardness or embarrassment gone from him, just like that. As if he never was embarrassed to begin with, though he still couldn't figure out the source of that emotion.

Now, to get back to town. It would be easier if he was able to fly, but it might be a while before he got his...wings back, so to speak. And Sakki, dressed as she was, would undoubtedly shoot that idea down, anyway! So, walking it was...and hopefully the scenery would grow more and more familiar the farther along they went. In any case, he was certain to recognize the scents eventually.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

A few days? Wow, this was just going to be loads of fun. Insert sarcasm here.
She sighed, and nodded, crossing her arms as her tail twitched out behind her. Right now, with the sun shining cheerfully down at them, she was quite comfortable. But once night fell, the air was going to be frigid. She'd just have to see how well her partially reptillian body dealt with that one...

Sakkata snorted and followed after him, knowing he was teasing her, but not entirely sure of the terminology. "Rapunzel? Who or what the hell is that?" She questioned, getting the feeling it was something bad. Why else would Hatame call her that, unless it was going to bother her??
The man never changed...
And she had asked him not to. Man she had to have been totally brain dead when she said that...

Sakkata was used to walking barefoot, as she never did wear anything on her oddly shaped feet anyway. The rough, rocky terrain was nothing for her, and she managed to travel rather nimbly despite the current situation.
Maybe if she could keep Hatame from saying anything stupid for awhile, she could actually enjoy the scenic route they were taking.

Rhindeer

Going back was far easier than it had been coming up here, and Hatame was eternally grateful of it as he walked beside Sakkata. It was an almost odd feeling, to have once been riddled with so much pain, and now to feel...nothing. No fatigue. No growing achiness. No enflamed, burning muscles. No worry that it would only continue to get worse, and eventually become debilitating. Just...nothing, nothing but boundless energy and a wonderful lack of pain. He felt perfectly normal, whatever normal was to begin with, and for once, his youthful outside matched the way his body felt.

Sakkata would never know how grateful he was to her. She could never begin to imagine how much it meant...

Or, well, maybe she could.

"Hm?" Hatame looked over at her, and tried to keep a straight face. Heh heh...she didn't even know what he was talking about, and already she was on edge! That was his Sakki, alright! She never ceased to amuse...and he wasn't talking about anything bad this time! At least, he didn't think so. Then again, she seemed to know him all too well now, too, and another time he might have let her squirm trying to figure it out, letting her think the worst just to tease her. But they had to walk a while...and he didn't want to be repeating the numb foot saga, not in the mountains! Having a gimp here would suck.

Story time! "Ah, Rapunzel. She was some princess chick in some human story I once heard. She had really long hair, apparently so long you could climb up it like a ropeâ€"that's what she was famous for. Sounds kinda painful, actually...but, anyway! Some guy rescued her that way. 'Cause she was in a tower, locked there by some evil person, probably a wicked stepsister because all human stories seem to have one of those in 'em for some reason. That's the gist of it, at least. It's been a while." As if that wasn't obvious by his poor rendition.

Suddenly, he blinked, and corrected himself quickly.  "Erm...I was referring to your hair, by the way, when I said that. It's long. So, that just came to mind. And the name's fun to say, anyway. Poor girl probably hated her folks..." he told her. He'd realized somewhere in the telling that more than just the long hair part could be applied to Sakkata. No, not the stepsister thing. But being rescued. Which he hadn't thought of when he'd initially made the comment. Erk. "Anyway..."

Sakkata was so quiet, again...
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Sakkata listened to his story warily, giving him a dark look for at least the first half of the story. But when he finished, it didn't seem so bad. Nothing like what she had originally suspected.
"Humans come up with strange stories..." She stated firmly, relaxed from her earlier wary posture. Her hands cupped her elbows, arms crossed under her chest.
Conciously, Sakkata reached back to feel at her long braid. "Yeah, I guess it is kind of long...Don't think I'll live long enough for my hair to grow that long though." She smirked at the idea, wondering what the hell you did with that much hair.

She didn't even realize she was being quiet, eyes wandering over the scenery. Perhaps all the recent events had just....sobered her. Then again, she wasn't the best at small talk. Honestly, sha had spoken to Hatame more than just about anyone in her entire life.
Drygans were lonely creatures by curse.
In a way, that made her even more grateful to have Hatame as a friend. He staved off her loneliness whenever he was around, even if they weren't the most talkative.
Hmm...
"When do you think you'll try flying again?" She asked suddenly, turning her head a bit to look at him. Hell, if she had wings, you wouldn't be able to keep her ass on the ground. To have wings was a blessing...

Rhindeer

"Yeah, humans do...they seem to really like scaring their kiddies for some reason, too," he added, rubbing the back of his neck in confusion. "Like...this one about cannibalistic, kid-eating old ladies in a candy house. Crazy stuff. Dunno, but my folks always tried their best not to mentally traumatize me for life. How well that actually worked is debatable, but...ya know."

Hatame tried not to laugh, easily picking up on her body language, noticing the transition from dark and suspicious to relaxed and relieved. He couldn't blame her, though, given what he put her through on a daily basis, and the bruises were so worth her reactions! Apparently she had expected a pervy story, but he couldn't give her what she expected every time, now could he? He had to mix it up a little every now and then. Variety was the spice of life, after all.

At least, that's what he rationalizedâ€"well, rationalized Hatame-styleâ€"though in truth he was just trying his best to be gentle with her. That previous episode had demonstrated that she definitely wasn't ready for anything more than some playful banter and lots of hugsâ€"though he knew she'd probably never admit that, she'd never seemed like a very "touchy-feelie" person, unless she was beating on you, of courseâ€"which he didn't mind giving, by any means; he liked cuddling her, especially if it made her feel better, and it certainly wasn't an everyday thing where you got a hug fromâ€"

And what was he thinking?! Man, it was crazy how the mind could wander.

Good think Sakkata couldn't read his mind.

Erm, in any case, he didn't mind toning down his antics for her. She'd been through a horrible, horrible thing, and she needed time to recover, time to heal. Who knew how long that would take...

But there was no hurry. None at all.

"Oh! Hmm, I might try it out whenever we stop to rest. I should probably practice, because then by the time you get clothes I'll be pro again and ready!" he answered cheerfully. Heh, he was looking forward to that! It had been so long since he had flown...years! But he especially couldn't wait to take Sakkata up there. He knew she'd wanted to fly, she'd mentioned that when they first met. Her kind were descendents of dragons, but were not blessed with their wings, and for all the time it had been since he had last flown...he knew what it was like to be airborne and free. She didn't.

It would be so great to be able to show her that world! And maybe it would help cheer her up a bit, help her escape a while from whatever memories were plaguing her.

"Maybe I'll even be able to hunt some! Dunno about you, but I'm reeeally hungry." He had just never paid much attention to it. The last time he'd eaten was when Sakkata and Terri and Torr and he had all gone to that restaurant. It'd been days since then! Lucky he wasn't really human, or he'd really be feeling the effects of hunger. Thank goodness for a Gryphon's endurance.

Anonymous

Sakkata snorted softly at his explination of humans. Hell, she knew that. They were some of the strangest creatures around, so far as her experiance had shown. And the stories they told just further proved it. What weird stuff...
She did laugh at his wrap up to their pondering of human weirdness. Debatable was right!
"I'd have to say they failed in that particular department if your sense of humor is any indication..." She muttered, glancing at him with a smirk.

There was a bit of a pause, as each was left to their own wonderings. It was again Hatame who broke the silence. She listened to his enthusiastic words, and couldn't help but grin. She slid a bit down a gravel strewn section of the mountain face, keeping her balance easily with her tail. Coming to a hault, she glanced back at him.
"I don't mind stoping so you can practice and try hunting." She offered, arms still crossed within his borrowed jacket. She'd actually like to see him fly, even if he was rusty. Hell, just looking at his wings made her giddy.
She held her eagerness in check, trying to make sure it didn't reflect onto her face.
As if he didn't already know she was enamored with flying...

Rhindeer

Hatame almost laughed, but somehow managed to make himself look surprised, instead. As if Sakkata's sudden change in priorities was surprising to him. Not moments ago she had been all gung-ho to rush to the nearest village and get some clothes, but at the first mention of flying, suddenly she was perfectly content to take a break so he could practice. Man, she really was enraptured with the whole idea! Even if she tried so hard not to show it, it was obvious, and all the more amusing for her attempts at keeping it in check.

Hmm...that was another thing he'd have to work on: getting her to realize that it was okay to show excitement! Well, aside from when she got a chance to whap him one, that is. She loved that all too much, but he couldn't exactly say he didn't, either. But anyway! Yeah. She didn't have to be so reserved all the time! And especially after all that had happened, Hatame just wanted to see her happy.

And he certainly wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to get back in his original form and practice flying, either. Hell, he'd probably need to practice walking, for that matter. He was so danged used to two legs.

Picking his way more cautiously down the steep path, as he obviously had no tail to keep balance with, he slid to a stop beside her, though at the same time, a bit distanced from her. If he was going to shift, he didn't want to accidentally whack her with a wing or something; he still wasn't quite used to this shifting thing. "Mhmm, suuuure...we all know ya just wanna see my sexy, nekkid, Gryphon-beast body," he teased, "...and I ain't complaining." Oh yeah...and he also wanted to put some distance between them because of that comment, too, and just hope that he could be done shifting by the time she got close enough to deliver a punch. But he just couldn't pass it up. He needed a reprieve from good behavior every once in a while!

In any case, he took her words as words of consent, and wasted no time at all in setting himself to changing. Shifting back to Gryphon form, even though he knew the technique, still proved a challenge, whereas when he'd shifted back to human form, it had come easily and, well, naturally. It was almost as though his body were fighting the change, whereas when he'd shifted to human form, his body welcomed it, as though to say, "this is what you are supposed to be". But aside from being annoying due to the time and effort it took, it still didn't worry him. So, he'd been molded into a human? Another Gryphon would have been horrified, and he knew it. But...he had his health, now. And his freedom. Species didn't matter. He was still himself...as if that weren't painfully obvious. And that's what really mattered.

Maybe he was just too damn tolerant, but he just couldn't be bothered by it. Especially not when he could shift. If he couldn't...now that would have been another story.

It really only took a minute, maybe two, but compared to the mere seconds it took to change back to a human, that was a long time. Soon enough, though, he was standing awkwardly on four clawed legs, his large wings held out from his black-furred sides to help him as he adjusted to the change in his anatomy. It still felt weird, really, really weird, to suddenly have so many added apendages. Heck, it just felt weird being...not human.

But it was nothing a little walking around and such couldn't fix.

In any case, this time around, he made an effort not to show just how strange he felt right about now, and instead nonchalantly stretched out his new muscles and back, bringing his chest low to the ground and flexing his curved talons into the earth. Then he fanned out his wings to their full spanâ€"and watched Sakkata wryly from the corner of his eye. She'd spent the most time examining his wings, after all.

"Ssso, Sssakki-sssweet, what'sss on the menu?" he asked as he flexed his wings, moving them up and down slowly as he adjustedâ€"and running over the flying process in his head. He knew he wasn't going to get airborne the first time, maybe not even the first few times, and it would likely be quite a few tries before he was able to successfully hunt, too. at least, he was guessing as much. But who knew? Maybe all it'd take was a few practice runs before his muscles remembered what they'd been designed to do.

"Therrre'sss prrrobably a lotta good ssstuff out herrre! Ohh! And yanno what? If I get good at thisss and ssstuff wherrre I don't have to worrry about crrrassshing, I could jussst fly usss to the nearrressst village, and it'd only take an hourrr, maybe! Not that I mind campin' out with ya, love. I'd be lyin' to sssay the idea of keeping you warrrm at night out herrre wasssn't a nice one, but...don't wantcha to frrrreeze and all," he added with the gryphon's form of a teasing grin.

Anonymous

Sakkata watched Hatame slowly make his way down the gravely slope, used to his human clumsiness by now. How could she expect him to make it down the hill in a stylish, tail-weilding manner like she did? Ah, the limitations of being human.
She still smirked at him and his slow descent.
She should have expected his comment. She really should have by now. But gods, if Hatame wasn't good and throwing them at her at the strangest times!

Sakki glared at him, but then, instead of beating him like he so longed for, she instead turned her head and made gagging noises. "Like hell Hatame. There isn't anything remotely sexy about you. In either form." She replied coldly, putting on her best aloof, high-and-mighty face.
Ah, that was almost as satisfying as just kicking the crap out of him.

Sakkata watched with interest as Hatame began his shift, and new he struggled with it. But that was to be expected. He had only done it once now in years and years. Hopefully, practice would make perfect.
As soon as he shifted, her gaze was immediately drawn to his wings, and she had that incredible urge to 'grab and examine'. Oh but if only Drygans had inherited the Father's wings...
Her attention was forced back to Hatame's face once he began to speak, his beastly accent quite apparent. She scowled at him and his jokes, still standing with her arms crossed. "Maybe you should trying concentrating on your body and not mine. You know, try walking first?" She taunted right back, smirking smuggly.
Apparently she was finally starting to learn how to make searing comebacks without having to bash Hatame's skull in.

Rhindeer

Hatame smirkedâ€"or, at least, smirked as much as his beak would allowâ€"at Sakkata's combination gagging fit and remark. Anyone else might have suffered a bit of a bruised ego from such a reply, but, then, Hatame didn't really have much of an ego, though he certainly enjoyed playing the part for shits and giggles. But Hatame was a jokester by nature, and someone who constantly aimed to tease and embarrass and set <I>themselves up for teasing and embarrassment couldn't really have much of an ego. Well...at least not one that was easily damaged.

"Y'know, therrre'sss sssomething oddly comforrrting in knowing you'rrre not into beasstiality, at leassst," Hatame replied in a tone of utter calm, matching her high-and-mighty look with an odd, sidelong glance. If he had been in his human form, he'd have raised an eyebrow. "'Caussse that'd jussst be weirrrd."

Heh heh...so, it seemed that instead of bashing him in like usual, she'd taken to sparring wits with him. Which kinda surprised him, actually. He was used to her smacking him around, and not at all used to her exchanging comments. Well...she'd done it before. He still remembered a certain threat  she'd used on him long ago that involved, ahem, removing a male's means of reproductionâ€"that was certainly a threat that would stick with any male, and the only comeback he'd been left speechless fromâ€"but it was still rare for her. But he actually found it amusing and fun, in that strange way of his. Just as he found being pummeled by her oddly amusing.

Yeah, he had to admit...he couldn't say he minded being pounded by her every now and then. Just for old time's sake. And because it tended to weird Sakkata out if he laughed or moaned throughout a beating, and weirding her out was just a blast. Or...something like that. Bah. Maybe that curse really had turned him into a masochist.

Still flexing his wings, he began to fan them slowly, up and down, ebony feathers producing a soft current of air as he worked to get adjusted and used to them again. "It's kinda harrrd not to notice ya, Sssakki. You'rrre kinda only wearrring my jacket, and my eyesss arrre kinda on the ssside of my head, now," Hatame told her soberly, though his eagle's eyes shone with his usual mischief. "That...and you'rrre hot."

With that said, he suddenly folded his wings and took off at a slightly awkward trot down the slope, hooked talons easily finding traction among the rocks and lion's tail whipping out behind him to keep his balance. Screw learning to walk, first. He was never one to take things slow, and besides...with the mountain as steep here as it was, he'd either figure his body out fast, or he'd end up rolling down the rest of the way. That was incentive enough to learn really quickly.

Reckless...as usual. But it sure made life fun.

Anonymous

Sakkata's eyebrow twitched, but she managed to keep her cool exterior from cracking completely. She would NOT humiliate herself further by trying to beat Hatame down in just a jacket. His jacket, no less. So, it was back to swapping witty comments. A calm smirk formed, and she stared at him from the corners of her eyes.
"Nobody said anything about me not being into beastiality. I just have no desire to screw you, feather butt." She replied slyly, still watching Hatame and his reactions. She wasn't so much trying to insult him as stay on par with his comments.

However, she couldn't exactly respond to his last comment as he was suddenly dashing off down the hill. Hot?? What the hell?? He was using human slang to describe her now!?
All right, this called for full, drastic measures.
"Hot, huh!?" She shouted down at him, and then suddenly knelt, slamming her hand into the gravelly earth. With a flash her white-blue flames shot forth, weaving down the hill after Hatame, gravel and rock blasted away from it's fiery path.
Let's see how he liked hot.

Rhindeer

Uh oh.

Hatame was quite familiar with that particular tone of voice, because that tone of voice was usually accompanied by major ouchies. And when he turned his head just slightly to peer over his shoulder with one green eye, he gave a little twitch. Hot. Oh jeez...didn't she know he didn't mean that literally?! And that fire and feathers were not the best combination? Aw man...

"Ack! It wasss a compliment! And not even one about yourrr prrretty taiâ€"I mean, neverrr mind!" he squawked, picking up his awkward pace. Oh yeah. Being chased down a mountain-side by flames was also a good way of learning to coordinate one's limbs really quickly, too, and coordinate his limbs he did. Perhaps a bit too well, because as he went, nearly losing his footing a few times on the loose gravel in his clumsiness, and as the fire raced nearer, instinct finally took over. The fire drew near, practicaly nipping at his ankles, and his wings snapped open as, in an attempt to escape, he pushed off the ground with his powerful hind quarters...

And he found himself gliding down the slope, instead.

It was a humorously awkward glide, though, with his wings spread stiffly, body rigid, and his limbs not quite tucked against his body all the way, easily giving off an impression that he really hadn't quite expected that result. Which he hadn't. And that he was trying to figure out where to go from there. Which he was. Um...okay...so...he was gliding now. Cool, cool. Alright...so...then...now he just had to beat his wings! Yeah. This was easy. He hadn't really forgotten all that much, he just needed a good memory jog! And hah! He'd escaped Sakki's evil fire stuff, too! He knew from experience that that stuff wasn't fun; he'd had the pleasure of experiencing it once before after soaking Sakki in the sea.

At least, he would have escaped it if it weren't for the fire streaming from his tufted tail...

And the fact that, airborne or not, he was only gliding, and was slowly gliding downward as well.

But by the time he realized the latter and attempted to work his unused wings, he had made a rather messy landing, his legs crumpling beneath him as he touched down with a loud grunt, the momentum of his glide sending him sliding a few feet along his chest. Ow...thank goodness for thick fur and feathers. He might have gotten scratched up good if it weren't forâ€"sniff, sniff...waitaminute...that smell...it smelt kinda like...

"CRRRAP!" Hatame was on his feet in a second and performing some strange, gryphonic dance as soon as his mind registered the putrid scent of roasting fur. And, indeed, the tuft at the end of his tail was roasting quite nicely, and slowly working its way to the place where skn began. If he was used to the fact that he could use magic now, he could have easily put it out, but the only thing he could think of as his frantic dance finally ended and the fire did begin to burn skin was to finally just plop right down on top of his poor, abused tail.

Well, that took care of that. Though...it also kinda hurt his bum a bit, too.

But, what was worse...his poor tuft was all charred, and he looked at it poutily, watching the burnt fur fall away as he waved it a little. "Aw, man...I'm bald..."

Anonymous

Sakkata had the great oportunity to watch Hatame make a complete and utter foolof himself from the rather nifty vantage point at the top of the gravelly slope. The angry scowl had quickly turned into a smirk, to a grin, and then to an all out smile of pure amusment. By the time the unfortunate Gryphon had smashed his own smoking tail, the Drygan was in a fit of all-out laughter.
She was laughing so hard her eyes were watering, and she finally had to sit down and gasp for breath, managing somehow to slide her giggling frame down the thickly graveled and scorched hill.

By the time she came to a stop next to the disgruntled Hatame, she was finally beginning to breath normally again, and had just begun to whipe her eyes when...
"Aw, man...I'm bald..."
She burst into laughter yet again, and would have fallen over if it were not for the fact she'd probably flash Hatame if she did. Damn jacket...
It took another good bought of giggling before her mirth finally died down enough for her peek an eye open at her companion.
She with held another spasm of laughter at the sight of his tail, managing to choke it down with a snort and a hand over her mouth.
Oh gods, it was just too funny...
She couldn't even think of anything to say, and besides, she was too busy trying not to laugh that any attempt at speech would probably let loose a whole nother wave of it.

Rhindeer

If there was anything Hatame soon learned, it was that the best way to cheer Sakkata up was to make a total ass of himself. It wasn't intentional, it just kinda happened, but, indeed, intentional or not it never failed. Just like the numb foot incident. Oh, she'd loved seeing him hobble around...

And now she was positively busting up, so badly she had to actually slide down the slope on her rear because she was so doubled over. That took his attention off his charred tail, and he watched her with wide eyes as she giggled her way over to him, laughing more than he'd ever seen her laugh in his entire time knowing her. He gave a snicker as he watched her little episode, then clamped his beak shut tight when she took a peek at him and actually snorted in her attempt to keep her laughter repressed so as to keep from laughing himself. Heh, no way, he remembered all too well what Gryphon laughter sounded likeâ€"squawkyâ€"and he had a feeling he'd probably scare himself or Sakki if he fell into a bout of it, or at the very least make them both go deaf. And he certainly didn't want to take the limelight off Sakkata! This was a rare moment right here!

"Daaaaamn, I'm gonna have to hurrrt myssself morrre often," he quipped with a Gryphonic grin. Hmm...he wasn't so sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing that she got such a kick out his minor injuries...

Kinda sadistic.

But, hell, he was masochistic, so they complemented each other, eh?

He spared his tail another glance, then shook his head amusedly. He'd been kind of bummed at first that that pretty tuft of fur had been burned off, but, hell, if Sakki got a kick out of it, he'd burn it again. In the meantime, though...maaaaybe it was best if he navigated down the rest of the way in his human form before he crashed into a tree or something next. Though...that'd make Sakki laugh, certainly.

But that'd also probably permanently rearrange his beak.

"But, um, beforrre I kill myssself, ssshifting back forrr now..." That part was muttered a bit, almost sheepishly, and a moment later he'd returned to his human shape. Um...it was good practice, practicing shifting! Yeah! Really it wasâ€"erk.

Oh great. So THAT was what happened when an limb got damaged that existed on the gryphon's form but not the human's...he'd been wondering about that a little, but hadn't really given it much thought. Well, now he had a moderately sized hole burned in the back of his breeches in the general area his tail would have been, cloth taking the place of fur.

Oi...

Anonymous

Sakkata took a moment to breath so she could respond to him. "I...I think you..you already have that part covered..." She snickered again. He hurt himself enough without conciously making an effort to do so. Hell, if he did that, he might not live to his next birthday.
Well, since Hatame needed a moment to shift back, Sakkata could finally get her spaziming stomach muscles under control.
Well, she could...until she realized what happened when one got injured in another form.

And there she went again. She honestly couldn't help it, it was just too classic. It was another couple of minutes before this more recent burst of laughter ceased. And after it all, she just layed there on the gravel, wiping the tears from her eyes, somehow weak from all the laughing. She just wasn't used to laughing so hard like that. Obviously humor wasn't something originally prolific in her personality. It had only started to emerge after meeting the ultimate goofball, Hatame.
Now there was an interesting thing to ponder.

Finally sitting up, the Drygan smirked at her companion. "Guess now we both need some new clothes." The smirk almost contorted into a mirthful grin. "Oh, and that little Gryphon jig of yours was quite impressive."

(eeeeeeh, short postie)

Rhindeer

Hatame was fiddling with his breeches, surveying the fist-sized hole that had been burned into the seat of his pants with a look of utter surprise on his faceâ€"whoa, he had no idea that's what happened! That was really weird, if kinda cool! So, if he burned a piece of his shirt, would some chest feather be missing? Wait, probably not, since his shirt wasn't attacked to him like fur...it was probably just some weird side-effect or something, but he was still oddly tempted to try it!â€"when Sakkata, once again, fell over laughing.

For a few seconds, all he could do was watch her down there in the gravel, laughing uncontrolably, and now that he was in human form and no longer had to worry about making them both go deaf, he found himself laughing at her, nearly toppling over himself; she probably didn't realize it, but her own antics were throroughly amusing, and he didn't think he'd ever seen anyone literally roll on the ground with laughter...much less have to slide their way down a mountainside on their rear because they were laughing so hard. Heh heh...man, she was really on a roll today! He snorted suddenly at the thought, rubbing his eyes and chuckling. No pun intended...

When Sakkata finally sat up, Hatame was still grinning and shaking his head at her. Damn, it was good to see her like that. Happy. Laughing. He'd never seen her like that before, at least not this much in one day, and...and it was just really...well, nice to see. It was nice to see that side of her, even if it was at his own expense. Hell, if that's what it took, that was fine by him!

He held his hand out to her, offering it to her to help her up. "Heh...yeah...it's kinda breezy back there. But I'm so not a feather butt! There's the proof if you wanna see!" he teased with a laugh. "And I have plenty of jigs where that one came from. Glad you liked. Feel special, I usually charge cash for those, but for you they're free andâ€"uh oh..."

For the first time, now that he wasn't so focused on flying without crashing or running from Sakkata's evil fire, he got a good look around the area they were now in...

And...

And it was nothing he recognized.

There was a river snaking out some distance in front of them, way down in a valley he hadn't noticed before, but...

Well, now that he thought about it...he didn't remember much about coming here. And he didn't recognize any of the scents, either. But he hadn't really been paying attention, either, because he'd been set on just staying on his feet and finding Sakkata. That had been his only focus, and scenery, well, that had been the very last thing on his list. Especially since, at a certain point, he hadn't even been sure that he'd be going back at all...

It was very possible there'd been a river and a valley, but that he just hadn't noticed it...but...

Crap.

He'd thought they'd come from this direction. He had remembered everything in relation to the nightmarish tree Sakkata had been strung from, but, come to think about it...he'd just thought he'd remembered, and...oh man.

He didn't remember anything about the trip here. All he remembered was a lot of grass, rocks, and exhaustion...

"Erm...Sakki...I kinda sorta lied..." he began, shifting and looking down at his feet like a little boy that had been caught in a lie. "Well, no, didn't lie, but...well, I thought I knew the way back, but now that we're kinda here, I realize I don't...not really..."

Anonymous

Sakkata's suddenly abundant laughter subdued yet again, and with bleary eyes she managed to take hold of Hatame's hand and gracefully pick herself up. Releasing him quickly, she brushed off the back of his jacket, still the only thing she wore. She only smirked at him and his comments, a bit afraid to start laughing again in case this time she didn't stop.
It really was odd for her to laugh this much ever, let alone in one day. And especially after all that had happened...
No Sakki, we won't go there yet.
Sakki??? Hell, now she was refering to herself like that!!
Damn you Hatame...

Sakkata arched one slender brow at him, waiting for him to finish his thought. And when he finished it, it wasn't good.
"Knucklehead."
Sakki casually grazed her fist against the side of his head, but didn't actually punch him as one would have expected. She was definately more laid back...waaay more laid back...
She was even grinning, if a bit smuggly.
"Well you better learn how to get that bald ass of yours up in the air so we can figure out how to get back. I have no desire what-so-ever to get stuck wandering around a forest on the side of a mountain."

Yeah. Something had definately changed.

Rhindeer

And Hatame noticed the change immediately. Well, hell, he'd been noticing it all day! Sh was laughing at his jokes instead of pummeling him (well, save that whole fire incident), she'd asked him to fix her hair, and then she'd actually taken his offered hand to get up instead of doing it herself as usual. Something most definitely had changed. And he liked it. Getting beat up after teasing her mercilessly was fun, sure...but those incidents had always been the result of her being uptight and him being a glutton for punishmentâ€"and that last part hadn't exactly changed too much. But it seemed they'd both mellowed a bit after...well, that. Either that, or they both just understood each other better. He liked to think it was the latter.

But, then, he also didn't want to think about that.

Sakki's behavior still took some getting used to, though, and he winced a little in advance as that fist came toward him...only to graze the side of his head? And she was grinning, even after he'd admitted his mega screw-up?

Whoa...since when did Sakki pass up a chance to bat him around a bit?

He couldn't say he didn't mind! For once in his lifeâ€"well, maybe that was an exaggeration, but for once in a lot of years!â€"he was actually relatively pain-free, and that felt rather nice, actually. He also couldn't say he didn't mind a few love-taps from Sakkata, but, hey, variety was the spice of life, and he wasn't going to complain! But the part of the change that he liked didn't really have anything to do with that element...it mostly had to do with the fact that everything wasn't so...one-sided? She was bantering back, she was laughing, showing aâ€"dare he say it?â€"playful side of herself he'd always known was hidden beneath that tough exterior.

Finally, finally she was opening up...

And Hatame couldn't quite place why, exactly, that was so important to him. Odd, really...

Hatame smirked at Sakkata's order and was about to mock-salute her when something in her statement clicked. "Bald..." Suddenly, Hatame burst out laughing and poked Sakkata playfully in the side. "Sakki, you perv! Have you been peeking at my ass?! Heh...not that I mind. I don't!"

Anonymous

Sakkata was also beginning to notice the serious changes in her personality. She was...well...she was sorta acting like Hatame.
Woah.
Now that's a scary thought.

But then again, she had no idea what the side-effects of being resurrected were. There was always that faint smudge of personality that could have rubbed off on her. Or perhaps Hatame's own wanting for her to show her lighter, more playful side may have been granted in exchange for resurrecting her.

Or maybe being through so much with him had simply allowed her to open up to someone.
Finally...

Sakkata squeaked slightly, though it was in no way a humanish sound, as she was poked. She batted his hand away and wrinkled her nose at his comment. "The only reason you don't mind is because you're so desperate!" She shot back, smirking. Then, without much warning, Sakki's 'sexy' tail whiped around and whiped right into the exposed spot on Hatame's rear end with an audible "SMACK".
"Now get up there and fly you slacker!" She demanded, crossing her arms, and smirking at him as she usually did after beating on him.

Rhindeer

Sakkata's retort only made him laugh harder. "Ahaha, maybe so, but you didn't denyâ€"WHOA!" Hatame yelped and went rigid with surprise when his poor, unprotected rear was lashed without warning. He quickly clapped a hand over the exposed spot to soothe the newly reddened, stinging skin. Owie...that would leave a mark, and a visible one at that! Heh...maybe Sakkata hadn't changed quite so much after all.

She was still a dominatrix. And he certainly liked this incarnation of it better than getting a busted jaw or concussion.

Still rubbing the sore spot as Sakki once again started ordering him around, he put on his best pouty face: head bowed, bottom lip slightly out, green eyes big and watery, eyebrows lifted, white bangs falling into his sad eyes. A look the cutest, most forlorn, reprimanded little puppy-dog could do to take notes from. "You spanked me!" he whimpered, violated, with a small sniffle. "I can't believe you. You're such a cruel mistress...calling me a slacker. Fine, fine, I'll go, just remember: a little more force next time, luv," he added, and ducked in suddenly to peck a quick kiss on her cheek.

He was smartly rushing away a second later, already starting the shifting process. Hopefully, he could be airborne before she recovered from whatever state that had put her inâ€"not that he wanted to make her mad...come to think of it, he didn't really know what possessed him there, but it oddly wasn't out of a desire to annoyâ€"and thank Gods all the shifting he'd been doing this day had paid off in the form of shaving a few extra seconds off the time it took to shift. Within a minute he was a Gryphon again, galloping with growing confidence over the uneven terrain, his poor, bald tail lashing out behind him for balance and his wings tucked in tightly.

Airborne, airborne...well, he'd kinda gotten there a few minutes ago when he'd been chased by that fire stuff. That had been good motivation, and he didn't dare look back at Sakki, yet. Hell, it was good enough motivation just thinking about being chased down by that stuff, and he didn't exactly plan on being incinerated just yet. Or...having his fur and feathers burned off...and winding up having to walk around in the cold, mountain terrain naked. Well...maybe the cold would be worth any embarrassment on Sakki's part, actually...but then they'd be stuck.

Heck, they'd be stuck anyway if he didn't get his wings back. Man, he was a fledgling again...

Alright, then just do as the fledglings do: jump and flap like mad. Wasn't like he really had to start from nothing; he just had to get back into the loop of things, that was all.

Still running with that in mind, he took a running jump and snapped his wings open...and this time, instead of settling for gliding, he put those unused muscles to work, beating them hard against the air. A dull ache settled into the limbs as they began their work, straining against gravity after years of being bound to its laws. Hatame ignored the burn; it was to be expected...he just needed to get used to it, get warmed up, and get those wings broken in again. It would fade, and his wings would get stronger with use and practice.

He didn't even realized he'd gained altitude until he glanced down and saw Sakkata below. A lot below.