Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

If You Want Something, Steal It. ((osmosisjones!))

Started by Anonymous, October 24, 2007, 12:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

La'marri...the town that was known as a safe haven for all. Aerynn smiled at that thought as she gazed out towards the town from a hilltop. She liked the idea of a safe haven, and thought that maybe the troupe should settle down there when they aren't leading so mobile a lifestyle. With zanbatou firmly in hand, she headed down the hill towards the safe haven.

When she entered the town, Aerynn was pleasantly surprised to see that the villagers were a very diverse bunch, from the boorishly normal to the downright weird. Now she didn't feel so out-of-place anymore. Normally, she felt like an outsider with what she wore; a brown sleeveless shirt that displayed a little cleavage and all of her finely curved waist, a short brown skirt held up at her hips by a black belt, brown knee-high combat boots, silver vambraces, and a red headband with a silver star in the middle. But here, she was hardly noticeable...well, save for the occasional pervert who stared at her as she passed, but she paid it no mind.

She ran a hand through her brownish-bronze hair and checked her money satchel...which turned out to have very few coins in it. Aerynn sighed in annoyance; she would have to steal some more money soon. Thus, as she wandered the street, she looked for potential victims she could steal from.

Anonymous

Faren quickly woke from his uneasy slumber to find himself on the sacks in an alley near to the centre of La'Marri. He slowly lifted himself from the ground and surveyed the alleyway. Seeing nobosy he lifted up one of the sacks and surveyed his shining, silver dagger which he grasped firmly. He slipped the dagger into the waist-line of his linen trousers and covered it with his shirt. Then he moved out of the alleyway to try and find a person to steal from.

Back in the hustle and bustle of La'Marri he quickly melted seemlessly into the crowd, careful not to be seen be anyone who was likely to cause him harm. He scanned the area for any people with money bags hanging from their person. He saw three suspects: a lordly Elf striding purposefully to the temple, a human with a money pack attached firmly to his belt and a beautiful lady with a brown skirt and a money bag. She had some Elven features so she might be half-elf, but she didn't look to be of Northern Elf heritage. He quickly ruled out the Elf as his sly eyes were more likely to see someone pilfering his money. Then he thought about the human but saw him put his bag into a pocket on his shirt. Much too hard too reach, thought Faren. That left the lady he quickly zoomed into his target and walked towards her.

He crept slowly behind her, blending into the shadows and making as little noise as possifle. He was focused now, he had begun the hunt. He gradually moved swiftly closer trying to get close enough to grab the money bag and use the treasures within to buy breakfast. He got his hand ready to grab the pouch without her noticing. He quickly shot his hand out and slowly tried to enclose it around the satchel...

Anonymous

Something told Aerynn that she was being followed...and now, she trusted that feeling. Luckily for her, she happened to be stepping on the shadow of a nearby building. Thus, she vanished off of the material plane...no smoke, no bang, no bright shining light...she just faded out to the parallel Plane of Shadow, a bleak, colorless version of the material plane. She took a large step backwards, and then transported herself back onto the material plane right behind the guy who was following her.

She pointed her zanbatou at the back of the guy's head. "Trying to steal from me? Bad move," she said coldly. "Turn around slowly."

Anonymous

What had gone wrong? Everything was going so well until suddenly her money bag dissapeared along with her entire body. Within a split second of the dissapearance he was asked to turn around. He slowly turned to face his oppressor and found the person to be none other than the very person he was about to steal from. Realising that this woman must be advanced in the ways of stealth and thievery so he might be able to sway her.

"I'm sorry, I am but a poor elf who steals to get the meagre food he needs to live," Faren said to the woman as he put on a hungry expression. "But I see you too are advanced in the ways of the thief and perhaps you'd take pity on another of your kind and spare him a few coppers." Faren silently wished that he too could dissapear as she had done.

Anonymous

Aerynn raised an eyebrow and lowered her weapon. What was he getting at? She saw through that hungry expression...yet what if it was genuine? Either way, she wasn't about to fall for it. Besides, she was low on coin herself.

"Sorry, pal," she said, putting a hand protectively on her money satchel. "Can't help ya there. I'm kinda broke right now. Only a measely two copper. I was hoping to steal something myself."

Anonymous

((Sorry had a bit of a mind block  :? ))

As soon as she lowered her weapon Faren breathed a silent sigh of relief but knew that she was not convinced. He decided to stick to a more friendly and less grovelling tone of voice as he said,

"My name's Faren. Perhaps we could work together as we're both low on cash." Knowing that she would not give him any money maybe they could come to a mutual agreement. She has a fine figure thought Faren as he waited for an answer.

Anonymous

Aerynn gave this Faren person a look, then folded her arms in, her weapon resting in the crook of her left arm. First, he attempted to steal from her, then he begged her for money, and now he was trying to form a thieves' bond? Just what is he trying to get at? Well, whatever it was, she'll trust him...for now. After all, they were both thieves.

"So, you want to form a thieves' bond, eh?" she asked with a smirk. "Alright...just for a few days, though. I'm Aerynn, by the way."

Anonymous

Faren blessed his smooth tongue he heard the woman Aerynn accept his deal. It may not be one of his best attempts at persuasion but he was worn out and could not stop thinking about the way she just dissapeared and came back out of thin air. The only common thing about the two places in which she transported to and from seemed to be the shadow covering her body. I'll ask her about it when I've gained more of a trust with her he thought.

"A theives' bond it shall be," he said and thinking of something he asked, "What is that weapon you have I have never seen the like of it before?" The weapon looked deadly and it may be handy to know about it in case I will have to use one, or battle against one. Faren gulped in his mind, he hated straight combat, since really he was a bit of a coward. He wouldn't be telling her that any time soon.

Anonymous

Aerynn raised an eyebrow. "This?" she said, twirling her weapon a bit. It was a pole weapon longer than she was tall at six feet, was crafted out of some kind of oak, and had a lightning-bolt "N"-shaped steel blade on one end and about a dozen wooden bands on the other "This is a zanbatou. Basically a spear modified specifically for close combat. I think it was named after a giant sword so huge that it took otherworldly strength just to lift it, let alone swing it around."

Anonymous

Faren looked at the weapon impressively, then laughed. "I'm guessing this one does not require otherwordly strength?" Faren asked as he looked admiringly at the weapon. "I'm guessing the steel blade is long-ranged and the bands are short-ranged. It's a pretty decent weapon to have but their's nothing like a trustty dagger for thievery," Faren asked as he drew his Father's dagger.

The dagger was about 12" long from tip to tail and was polished shining silver. The hilt stretched out another 3" wrappped with a sturdy, blue fibre and had the sign of his family etched at the tail of the blade. "I prefer not to get envolved in physical combat as the blood does not suit my taste, but I would do it if the need arised," said Faren as he looked at his blade. It was one of his father's favourite things in his house and Faren thought that his old man loved it more than he loved his son. "So, who are we gonna' rob?"

Anonymous

Aerynn nodded in half-interest. She then looked around for potential victims they could steal from. She then eyed the lordly elf who was striding to the temple. She smirked; that elf had to have something of great value.

"Him," she replied, pointing to the elf.

Anonymous

Faren looked around and arched his eyes in surprise, it was the man he had previously picked but given up on in favour of the woman he was now steaaling with. With a nod of his head, he set off ready to steal from the unsuspecting Elf.

Faren crept towards the man sticking in the shadows and making sure not to be seen. He saw the mans jangling purse and thought how many breakfasts he could buy with it, even if he had to split the share. The man was obviously of noble birth as he wore the finery of the upper class and walked as if everyone was beneath him. Not a very nice man, he thought.

Anonymous

Aerynn nodded, then, stepping on the shadow of a building next to her, she disappeared to the Plane of Shadow, walked up next to where Faren was standing and reappeared next to him.

"So, what's your style?" she whispered into his ear. "Pick-pocketing without a trace?"

Anonymous

Faren did a double take but she was still there. It was almost as if she teleported, I've got to ask her how she does it he thought as he smiled.

"Well I pickpocket but I occasionly do a breaking and entering without breaking anything," he said as he quickly shot his hand out and slowly tweaked the money pouch from the man's belt and quickly tucked it in his jacket as the man walked off. He quickly skulked around the corner and opened the bag to reveal lots of shining gold coins. "Half each?"

Anonymous

Aerynn smirked. "Why not?" she said. She held out her hand to accept half the coins, but at the same time, she also mentally prepared herself should he make any fast moves on her.

Anonymous

Faren saw Aerynn's muscles tense after she excepted money, she obviously thought that I may use violence to get more than my share thought Faren. Obviously she has no trust in me Faren thought, not too surprising considering i am a thief. But I swore a thieves' bond, how could she think I would break that? Faren thought as he asked her,

"Do you want to get some food?" Hopefully she could see he was not going to spring on her and he simply wanted his fair share in the first place. "I know a good bakers not far from here," Faren said and pointed over to a nearby side passage.

Anonymous

Aerynn gladly accepted the money. She was about to tell him, "No thank you," but then her stomach grumbled very loudly. Her face turned red at this. "Um, I guess I could go for some food," she admitted. "Lead the way?"

Anonymous

Faren nodded hishead in reply and quickly walked towards the nearest side street. He navigated through a quick succession of twists and turns before stopping and turning to Aerynn.

"I think I'm lost, is should have been a bit further up here but I can't see it. I'm sorry," said Faren as he put on a sincre face.

Anonymous

Aerynn smirked. "S'alright. Happens to the best of us," she said. She then looked around the general area and saw a tavern that happened to be right behind them. She thought it over; it was still late in the morning, and she felt that men wouldn't be so heavy on the drinks at this time of the day. She hated drunken men; they tend to get a little perverted with beautiful women.

"How about there?" she asked, pointing to the tavern behind them.