Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

you're always there, my loveable curse (Griever)

Started by Anonymous, November 18, 2007, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

<center>Peacock
ghoulish passion you inspire
with your kind of trouble
i’ll never tire
</center>

Vailey was, at this point, just looking for something to do. He’d traveled hard for the last few daysâ€"well, hard for someone who has never traveled before in his life, anywaysâ€"and had stopped at the tavern. It was one of those taverns that double as an inn, and he’d stopped there mainly because it was the first place he’d seen like that. His stolen horse was now in the stable, and he had a fairly nice room paid for. Vailey had bathed and changed clothes into a nice pair of loose, smoky gray pants which hung low on his hips and accentuated the natural sway of his hips and a matching shirt, silk, with cloth loop-clasps in a dark maroon color and delicate red lace accenting. It looked striking on him, and the shirt hugged his slender torso, leaving his arms bared but for the several bracelets, a pair of black slipper-style shoes on, his blue hair-feathers gleaming in the firelight and neatly brushed, hanging to his shoulder blades.

He looked a lot more polished, refined, andâ€"feminineâ€"than most of the others in the tavern, and with his long, bright tail feathers, easily as long as he is tall, blue hair, and long flight feathers on his forearms, he stood out quite a bit. Vailey sauntered through the crowded tavern to the bar, and took a seat on one of the tall barstools, his tail draped over the back like a long dress, dragging the floor slightly. He ordered a plate of whatever food they happen to be servingâ€"some sort of roast, potatoes, and vegetablesâ€"and a glass of wine. Pleased with his meal, which was certainly better than anything he was able to make for himself, he settled down to eat, casually rebutting any offers or queries about ‘company’, since he didn’t really feel like being paid to sleep with someone he found utterly repulsive.

Now, if he happened to meet someone he didn’t find utterly repulsive, that’d be another matter entirely, one not requiring pay on either side.

But he wasn’t out for that; Vailey was just out to fill his stomach and enjoy company. He enjoyed sitting there listening to the laughter, music, and conversations. It felt comfortable, and it was warm in the tavern, whereas it was chill outside, and the wind had cruelly cut through his clothing and slender form while he had traveled. The bath had helped warm him, but the food and warm atmosphere finished the job, and by the time he had finished his meal and was halfway through a second glass of wine, he was ready to half-turn to watch the people, smiling amiably and possibly make conversation.

It appeared however that not everyone was in such an amiable mood, since there seemed to be the beginnings of a fight brewing not far from Vailey; wisely, the peacock anthro decided it was time to make a tactical retreat from that part of the bar lest he get caught up in something he wasn’t ready for.

<center>we don’t need to look for trouble
my partner in crime, my insanity double
when life takes a turn from bad to worse
you’re always there, my loveable curse
</center>

Sorry, didn't want to be too specific on what's going on with the fight, so I just mentioned it and left it to you to decide exactly who's involved and what's going on, kay?

Anonymous

Griever had been sitting in the tavern, drinking himself into his usual stupor to dull his misery when he noticed a rather feminine fellow enter the tavern. He was unsure if this individual was a woman or a man, and at the moment, he was far to drunk to care. He continued to mind his own business however, taking another swig of his beverage as he returned to his own agenda. It had only been a few minutes since he returned to his business, when a stranger, too drunk to even coherently speak, placed his filthy hands on Griever's drink.

"You don't mind if I take a sip, do you brother?!" The drunkard proclaimed as he guzzled down the beverage.

Griever grinned as he responded. "Why sure 'brother', but in return, you will offer me some....amusement."

Griever had barely finished his sentence when he unsheathed his blade, and sliced the bottle the man had stolen in two. Griever looked around for a moment, as a few men backed away, while others began to prepare for the brawl that was about to ensue, as the sounds of cracking knuckles and swords unsheathing began to drift through the room. Griever grinned slightly; finally, some entertainment...

"Let's begin..."

Griever immediately unsealed the seal of malice, leasing the dreaded leviathan. The physical changes were immediate, as Griever's physique became much more fearsome than prior, and then the madness began. Griever quickly grabbed two men by their throats and casually threw them across the room as though they were rag-dolls. madness then began to rage, as each man made a mad dash for the door, but in the chaos, more fights broke out, until utter chaos let loose. Each man fought another, driven only by fear, rage, and drunkenness.

Griever casually sat down, grabbed a drink, and watched the chaos ensue. He sighed slightly as he remarked.

"Well, it's something to pass the time, I suppose." He mumbled to himself.

Anonymous

<center>Peacock
i’ll never tire
</center>

For someone who has quite honestly never so much as seen a fist fight, a bar fight is quite an alarming occurrence to witness, much less get caught up in the middle of. Vailey never actually saw what started the fight, he just noted the sudden tension and the fact that suddenly there were a lot more blades in the room than had been before, and most of them were a fair bit larger and more sharp than the one he’d used to cut his food; it was at that point that the peacock man decided to make a swift retreat. He hadn’t gotten halfway to the door however when something happened to cause the bar to suddenly break out in a panicâ€"or a riot, he wasn’t sureâ€"and the other patrons to suddenly spring to life.

Vailey was hit from the side by a man who, having been hit, had staggered backwards and right into the smaller, brightly colored anthro, who tumbled over at the sudden force. It was lucky he did, actually, because he likely would have been gored awfully by a broken bottle if he hadn’t fallen. It hurt, he thought; he’d fallen on something hard and sharp, and someone kicked him as they rushed by, and then tripped and fell half across him.

The man atop him snarled and he found himself hauled to his feet and shoved away into another few brawling men; wide eyed, he scrambled to get away from their shouting and wildly waving fists, frightened beyond belief andâ€"wellâ€"beyond belief, himself. What had possessed these people to make them act so? It was madness! Complete and utter madness! Screaming, yelling, laughing, clangs and crashes, bangs and thuds and thumps and crack-sounds filled the air along with the flung mugs, glass, bottles, knives, clubs, boots and other paraphernalia the maniacs saw fit to throw.

Vailey didn’t know what to make of this other than that he was frightened and wanted out, only he was right in the midst of it and had no way out, and no way of protecting himself. Someone came at him, and he scrambled to get away, eyes wide and seeking a way to get away from the manâ€"a large hand reached for him and he darted to the sideâ€"into the other. He was grabbed and yanked forward against the man’s broad chest, which smelled of sweat and dirt and cheap beer and who knows what else, and he thrashed, trying to get back. It only served to amuse the man when he hit him with his fists, he knew because of the laughter.

“Letâ€"meâ€"GO!â€? He shouted loudly as he struggled, finally resorting to bringing his knee upâ€"hardâ€"into the man’s groin. He was released with a curse, and fell over onto his rear, immediately scrambling to turn and run, only to have a handful of tail-feathers grabbed and yanked. He yelled out in pain, and was hit across the face hard enough to make little black spots float in his vision, “Fuck! Little shit!â€? he heard it somewhat distantly, and blinked, dazed.

</center>

Anonymous

Griever looked on with minimal interest as he watched his work continue to grow excessively chaotic. He was unsure who all was doing what at this point, but he could faintly make out the visage of the feminine figure that he had seen walking in before, and apparently, he was having a rather difficult time traversing the frenzy. He was tempted to watch what he did, but he finally brought himself to take action. Slowly rising to his feet Griever made short work of anyone that stood in his way, tossing men aside as if they were as feathers. finally making his way to his target.

He extended his hand to the man,waiting to see how he would react. ".....Let's go."

Anonymous

<center>Peacock
i’ll never tire
</center>

Vailey never quite noticed the impressive figure cutting its way through the crowdâ€"as if it wasn’t anything at allâ€"towards him, not until the darkly clad man was right on him. Even then he really only noticed because he stopped being shoved around and hit so much, so he dared look up to see why. The first thing he saw was a broad, powerfully built chest cased in what looked like leather straps with metal attached over a tattered shirt. Looking up revealed heavy looking shoulder armor and long, tattered sleeves, an impassive expression, brown eyes, and a lot of dark hair. He stared up at the intimidating man, looking worse for the wear himself.

His previously immaculately groomed, vibrant blue hair was now in disarray, his shirt and pants torn and somewhat bloody. He had a bruise forming on one cheek, a bit of blood running down the other, bright red against the pale of his skin. For a long moment, the disheveled anthro stared up at the intimidating man, at first shrinking back but then stilling.

This man, intimidating and dark though he was, despite the raw power evident in his form, was the only person here not either ignoring him and running him over, actively attacking him, or trying to molest him, and that by far made him a much more pleasant prospect than staying in the tavern. Wordlessly, he reached up, putting his slender hand in the much larger one and holding tightly, using the leverage to pull himself up and quickly move close to the large man who seemed to be unmoved by the chaos around him. He wanted to be as close as possible to him, because perhaps being close to the man would mean he wouldn’t get run into or knocked over or hit, anymore.

</center>

Anonymous

As the man huddled closely to him, Griever, not in the mood to clear another path for himself to get free of the mob, unsealed yet another devil; this time freeing Azriel-the devil of space. Griever quickly grabbed hold of the man's  hand, and with the strength of behemoth, the two leaped up towards the ceiling. As Griever made contact with the ceiling, he applied Azriel's gift, changing gravity in his general vicinity. The two now stood on the ceiling, only a few yards from the brawl that was taking place below, but for the time being, they were at least in a safer position.

Griever turned to the man and looked him over. "You ok....?" He asked in his usual nonchalant attitude.

Anonymous

<center>Peacock
i’ll never tire
</center>

Vailey yelped as he was grabbed hold of and suddenly hauled through the air impossibly, hurtling towards the ceiling as if they were flyingâ€"but they couldn’t be! Neither had functional wings, how were they going so high!? He cringed, looking fearfully down at the sea of people, many holding knives and swords and glass, thinking that they would surely die when they fell back to the ground. With a whimper, he clung to the man, arms tight around his middle and face hidden against his chest, eyes clenched closed as tightly as possible, muttering, “Nononono…â€?

It took a little while to realize that they were not in fact falling to their doom, but instead standing as if they’d never jumped, without having ever felt like they’d landed. Eventually, not relaxing his death grip on the man in the slightest, his tail pressed close to their legs fearfully, he lifted his head, looking aroundâ€"he stared in dumb shock, eyes huge. “Whâ€"what’s…what’s going on?!â€? His voice was a little high, near hysterical; he didn’t dare let go of the man.

“O-okay? I’m…I’m okay. I hurt.� His eyes were large, his face pale as he stared down at the empty air and people below them, frightened.

</center>

Anonymous

Griever was slightly taken aback by this mans reaction, it was fairly amusing to watch him, but after a moment, Griever finally brought himself to reply. "Good, we should probably take our leave. Do you have a room here?" Griever asked as he looked below at the madness that raged below. "It would seem that they aren't going to stop anytime soon."

Griever looked back at the man, this time, glancing downwards at his hands, firmly clasped to his body. Griever looked inquisitively at them for a moment before returning his gaze to the man. "You can let go, you wont fall..." griever added.

Anonymous

<center>Peacock
i’ll never tire
</center>

Vailey nodded, swallowing, “Y-yeah, I have a room…it’s…um…,� He tilted his head towards the stairs in the back, “up those stairs…� he glanced back down and swallowed, afraid of falling. The riot below them didn’t seem to be letting up in the slightest, and he watched as a barstool was used as a club, eyes wide. “No…I don’t think they’re gonna stop…�

He refused to relax his grip despite not feeling as though he was going to fall; the man was solid and reassuring and Vailey wasn’t about to let go of him. He looked up, a bit of blue hair falling across his eyes, “Okay,� but made no move to let go. “Can we just…walk across the…ceiling?� He didn’t really think so, and didn’t dare lifting a foot lest he displace himself and fall.

Urgh this one sucked, sorry!!!

</center>

Anonymous

ooc:dude,it's fine,lol short is good.

Griever looked at the man for a moment as he realized that he wasn't going to let go. "Very well, then lets go..." Griever said simply as he began walking towards the stairs. He seemed to walk so casually for one with a rancor of men battling above...er...beneath him. His walk seemed to hasten a little, but he knew that the sooner the two could get to this man's room, the sooner he would let go of him. As they walked, Griever came across a ceiling fixture, placed precariously nicely above the fight.Inwardly, Griever simply couldn't resist such opportunity. With minimal effort, he ripped the fixture from it's post, sending it hurtling towards the ground and onto a group of combatants. The group quickly looked up, and noticed the two on the ceiling.

"Look, it's the bastard that started this fucking mess!" One cried as others bantered in with their agreements. immediately, almost all of the attention in the room fell on Griever and his new companion, as a hushed silence fell over the room, only to be replaced with chants of rage and curses directed towards the two. Soon afterward, bottles, chairs, and anything else that was tossable was sent flying toward the two. As bottles smashed all around him, Griever turned to his associate.

"We should go..." griever said nonchalantly as he continued to make his way towards the stairs.

Anonymous

<center>Peacock
i’ll never tire
</center>

Vailey was hesitant at first to walk, but after those first few stepsâ€"wherein he discovered that removing his foot from the ceiling would not in fact cause him to fall to his deathâ€"he quickly gained confidence, and though he still clutched at his rescuer tightly, he quickened his steps. The peacock anthro felt their position to be precarious at best and disliked being in it. He was puzzled when they stopped by a chandelier, and paused when his rescuer did, giving the dark man a bewildered look when the man extended an arm and grabbed it, and then a disbelieving one as he, without seeming to exert a whole lot of effort, tore the thing from the ceiling and flung it into the crowd below them, candles scattering into the crowd and getting yells as several people were caught on fire.

Vailey stared; that chandelier hadn’t been a very small one, and had been wrought of heavy, dark iron, held up by a thick, sturdy looking chain which had looked very secure up until it had been ripped out by a man’s bare hands. Stunned, Vailey just stared until a dull roar from below startled him into looking down, and he jerked back as a bottle shattered beside him, yelping and cringing against the dark man.

Wide eyed, he looked upâ€"or rather, downâ€"at his companion, “Thâ€"they’re crazy!â€? He tugged at the man, wanting to go faster and escape the hail of bottles, mugs, plates, knives, stools…the list goes on. In any case, glass was flyingâ€"and imbedding itself in his cheekâ€"and Vailey did not want to be in the middle of it.

</center>