Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Taking pain to all new heights (Rhi! Rift is posted!)

Started by Anonymous, December 01, 2007, 03:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Rift â€" Noun â€" A crack, split, or break. Verb â€" to burst open, cleave, divide, or penetrate.

In this case, Rift wasn’t a definition, in fact, it turned out that Rift was a man. Well. Man was such an insult. He was a Savarosian male, man in fact referred to human beings and their genus, while he was certainly not a human. Even if you were to refer to him as a man or as a human would be a large insult, and would end in some very painful times and eventually death. Eventually. Death was such a constrictive device, it all ended in the same thing, but the getting there…oh that was the fun part really. Fun for him anyways, he wasn’t sure, nor cared, if any of his victims had a fun time getting there. The men usually got off quickly, a few hours of cutting things and ripping things out of them, and that was it. Women weren’t so lucky. Of course, he would never think about his exploits.

At least not vividly anyways.

They were too special to just reminisce about at any old time.

He liked being weird.

He’d only been in this world for a few weeks now, and already he had heard things and felt things in the air. Change. Fate. Mostly fate. Something was pulling on the strings of fate, changing them, altering them, weaving them. They say when you die, you get to see the picture that all the strings of fate weave…So far though with all his deaths and the deaths he had caused, no bigger picture was perceived. Ah well. He still had to find a certain weaver out there, his own brother who could tug at magic and draw it out into long strings. Then there was his other brother, a man who could use his mind to simply move particles around. The weakling couldn’t use it on living creatures though, ones with sentient and enough mental capacity to fight back against the tugs of his powers. Then there was himself, he believed he were the greatest of them all. Able to use magic to punch a hole in the fabric of time and space, allowing him to do all sorts of thing. Mostly it was used in fighting, sadly that’s the only time he felt his gift was good. Oh and kidnapping. Open a portal in front of a person and then make the other end come out into a cage.

Deliciously evil!

However, he had thrown some caution into his ways. A third presence he could feel, one like his own and the others. He hadn’t a clue what it was, but it was close. He had gone searching. There were many…many things he could look for. A tale of a strange man preaching the word of his God and bringing brimstone and a cleansing fire reached his ears, but religion wasn’t something he was going to get mixed up in. To the far corner there was a tale of some delicious drugs in a magically abstained nation, but also the fact that they pretty much burned mages at the stake kept him away. There were other things out there, the tale of a very large, strange, and enigmatic multicoloured man wandering around and acting aloof, a shooting star crashing into the ground, and on the isles of the Necromancers there was gossip about strange mechanical devices led by a Drow. Such strange tales and rumours…but…

The presence was all he wanted to look into. Something was going on with that presence, and it had been bothering him ever since it had shown up on his scope. His brothers could wait but this little presence, this strange feeling…it couldn’t wait. Besides, his brothers, or at least one of them, already knew what he was going to do. Eventually he’d come after him, he had heard through the grapevine from this rather interesting religious group that his brother was personally involved in the…oh how did they put it? Something about being a Heretical Warmonger who sought to undermine the integrity of their organization through blatant bold face lying and abducting their members. Something along those lines, the person he had been torturing bored him so he had to deal with her quickly. Still, she had a nice body and throat…oh he had loved her throat. So soft…supple…her screams were like the choirs of angels and…

Right.

No reminiscing. The past was over and done with, no point going back to revisit it.

Currently though he found himself in a town…a quaint one at this time, full of thieves and murderers and all the low lives. Rift found a plucky young red hair that had tried to pick a fight with him…she was sitting beside him now on the floor, clothed in nothing but dirt and dried blood. She had a vacant, glassy eyed stare on her face, which was stained with dried tears from days ago. Rift had felt particularly randy that day, and having another slave well…it was almost as important as finding this new presence…which was near. He had headed to this town, because the strange presence was following him. He needed to make sure he was ready for the strange presence, and so he broke into a vacant home and set up shop. Soon.

Ah this would be delicious.

“Soon my pet, soon we’ll see what sort of fun there is for us.� Rift lovingly stroked the woman’s cheek, who just sat there, not flinching, pretty much just breathing. He would soon dispose of her, he had used her body for his ways, and found her less and less attractive, even though she wasn’t marred from any of their…activities.

He was careful after all.

Rhindeer

It had taken a while, but now she finally had him.

Or...well...almost.

He was somewhere in this village, that much she knew, and now that she had him pinpointed here, it wouldn't be much longer.

She'd finally get to meet one of her beloved brothers.

Adjusting her short leather tophat and dusting off her long brown coat as she entered the village, Zenith pursed her lips thoughtfully and glanced around, trying to focus past all the other presences so that she could zero in on the one that actually mattered. She'd been tailing him for weeks, maybe even months; she'd lost track of the time. Finally, though, he'd stopped here and now he was a sitting duck. A rather foolish move on his part if he'd been aware of her presence and had been purposely evading her, and Zen couldn't elp but smile as she imagined what he'd thought about that. She knew he was well acquainted with Vortex and Nexus, but she'd never met any of her brothers so her aura would be entirely foreign.

She hoped he was the paranoid type. The thought kind of amused her for some reason.

Humming softly to herself, boots thudding lightly on the compacted dirt road, she pushed the rest of the rabble from her mind and concentrated only on that presence, walking forward when she felt it growing stronger, closer, turning and adjusting her direction when she felt it growing farther away. She felt like a living compass almost--or maybe a magnet--and she screwed up once when she stopped in front of a home, knocked, and was greeted by a moody looking old hag who cursed her out for disturbing her.

Whoops. Wrong place. Must be the one behind this house.

Another time, and Zenith may have had a little fun with the lady, cut out her filthy tongue and made her eat it, but there was no time for that. So she just smiled, gave a mock curtsey so deep she nearly lost her tophat, and left to continue her search.

She paused in front of the next house, and the presence felt stronger there, coursing through every bit of her being, so similar to her own and yet vastly different. This had to be it, and if it wasn't...well, then it wasn't. Reaching out a gloved hand, she knocked twice then, impatient, she tried the doorknob. Screw privacy, what could anyone do about it?

Of course, by "try the doorknob" she didn't jiggle it like a normal person would have done.

Instead, her body suddenly disappated, vanishing and instead transforming into tendrils of wind that swirled and slipped in through the keyhole and out the other side, wind whistling and likely rustling some of the lighter materials in the room. She materialized again on the other side, swirling slowly into view as she materialized from the boots up. When it had finished, there she was, a tall woman with shoulder length auburn hair, rather messy with half of it tucked away under her short, weather beaten tophat. She was dressed in an equally beaten leather coat that fell down to her ankles, worn open to show off the rest of her outfit. A belted choker encircled her neck, and her outfit consisted of many more belts, as well, two criss-crossing over her chest, a couple at her hip, more decorative than anything as only one actually held her breeches up, and a few around her thighs and arms. Obviously she liked her belts.

Glancing around the room with odd eyes of a swirling pattern, they finally fell on the man and his...pet...and a small smile tugged at her lips.

"'Bout time I found the right house. Jeez," she said, adjusting her hat. "And you must be...hmm..." She tilted her head thoughtfully, her hat slipping a little. "Let's see. You're either Nexus or Rift. You couldn't be Vortex. No, too much of a wimp for that. So which one are you?" And then, her smile broadening just a little more, added, "...Brother."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Rift never stopped staring forward. Waiting. Sure, he could see through walls, people, clothes, anything, but he wouldn't. No no. He wanted to be surprised, he wanted to be able to be jsut...surprised of it all. Who could it be? What would it be? Friend? Foe? Someone he had met before, a creature he had sligthed, a being he had insulted? It made him excited just thinking about all of it. What could be following him, trailing, chasing, looking for him. What in this world...or another world could it be?

HE waited. He could feel it moving. There was some yelling at first from somewhere else. He waited. A knock at the door. He didn't speak up. This wasn't his house after all. He couldn't give anyone access to it. He waited however with baited breath, his hand stopped stroking the woman's cheek, instead his fingers had dug into her shoulder. What was going to happen...just what could be there. He didn't look surprised as something began to happen. Rustling. Wind. He waited for it subside. Instead, it began to form something. A person.

A woman.

Hah. That's what was following him? A woman. A woman who covered herself in buckles, which was a little ridiculous but hey, his own people dressed oddly after all. What with their love of hats...hats that...kinda were like hers. Huh. That was a little interesting. Still, he did like the belts on her. She looked like she'd make a nice pet almost! She had quite a nice look to her, and she had a choker on already. That told him she was pretty much ready! Though...for now, be careful and walk carefully.

"Rift Savaros." He smirked. She knew his family didn't HOOBWAH?! "Brother? Excuse me? I hope you mean that in a term like a monk would, because we are not siblings." Rift stood up, his pet forgotten when his arms crossed behind his back as he watched her carefully. He began to cut through her, looking at her carefully, through all of her. There was something about her...something so very strange about her. He moved closer, taking deep breaths. What what what...Why did she have this...this...familiarity?

His hand went to her chin, squinting as he looked into her face. The moment his skin came to hers he drew back. "By the blindfold!" He hissed, looking from his hand, and then to the woman. "You're a Savaros! But...but you can't be! You simply can't be! There has only been three of us!" He stepped back, hands clenching into fists. No no. This wasn't right. Why did she make another one?! Oh.

Right.

"You're her Wrangler aren't you?" Rift returned to the chair and sat back down, legs crossing over each other as he watched her carefully. Well then. This would be...interesting. It all made sense. She'd only make a new Savaros if she wanted to get her others back. Though, it made him question why she had decided to appear as well...hm. Maybe so she'd be able to wrangle her people all together in one place. It sounded like Feris after all...

"So what the hell do you want Savaros? If you want me to go back, you're sorely mistaken. I'm not going back to her. She should know this. Heh. You'll see in time though. She's just made another mistake. Infallible my foot. Four mistakes over her lifetime now...I wonder how she'll live it up." Rift ran a hand over his chin, his rough scraggly whiskers as he watched the woman with torn feelings. So much he could do, and yet...he had to be careful. So very careful.

Rhindeer

Zenith could only laugh as Rift slowly connected the dots and made his little discovery, quiet save for her giggling, one gloved hand covering her mouth. Ehehe, this was so cute! He had such funny expressions. It was great watching him go from proud and smirky to surprised to cautious to, finally as he drew closer and went to touch her face, utterly shocked and then suspicious. She was all out laughing by then, no longer softly giggling, and she wrapped her arms around her stomach and drew gasping breaths as she tried to control herself before her sides could ache too much. Poor guy! It was almost a little sad.

"I can't be, and yet here I am! Zenith Savaros, the one and only!" she managed to gasp, slowly straightening and grinning broadly, a few giggles still escaping even as she tried to muffle them behind a hand. "Ehehe...c'mon, Rift, I thought you were smarter than this. At least, that's what I'd heard through the grapevine. Man, I wish you could see your face right now! It's like oil on water!" Or, well, it had been when he'd gone through like twenty different expressions in the span on five seconds.

And here she really had thought her brother was a lot more fearsome than this, considering the stories she had to go on. Huh. Maybe she'd gotten them confused and it was Nexus or Vortex that was the one. Ah, whatever.

"Anyway, bro, this certainly wasn't the welcome I had expected," she said, ignoring his questions. "I mean, I get to meet you for the first time, you get to see the sister you never knew you had, and what, I get greeted with suspicion and accusations and all that other hurtful stuff? What's up with that?" she asked with a mock pout, poking out her bottom lip as she began to step a little closer. "I mean, when I came here, it almost looked like you were expecting me. Looked like you'd got me a gift and everything," she said with a glance at his vacant "pet". "My birthday was just a few weeks ago. What a let down. Oh well, no use dwelling on it! Anyway!"

Smiling brightly at Rift, she spread her arms wide. "What, I don't even get a hug from my big brother? You just gonna brood there all day?  C'mere already!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

How could Feris have done this?! It was stupid, it was wrong, it was just so very wrong! How could she not have learned! How could...wait. There was something here...something wrong with all of this. She didn't seem...young. Savaros could tell the age of each other, they could just see it on them...Nexus was around seven hundred years old, Vortex was about two thousand so...Zen seemed around there.

How could Feris have...ah. She had shielded her from their minds then. That was...interesting. Perhaps even a little disheartening really. How could they have missed this, after all they were great at discovering this things and well...maybe he was the only one who didn't know...oh that would not work for him. That would really not work for him, if they had been lying to him then...he would make sure they would pay.

"One and only, for now." She wouldn't last long. She looked easy, in both regards for that matter. He could probably take her down real easy...she didn't seem too strong but she had that power didn't she? It was interesting to have seen, but now he was prepared for it. She could move as the wind moved, and that could be deadly. Rift glared daggers at the woman. Grapevine. Right, from Feris? That was her source? Hah. Pathetic if anything.

"Oh we're not going to get along well." He murmured as he kept an eye on her carefully. She was going to be trouble, she was going to be a lot of trouble. Maybe he liked it. "Well, Happy birthday then. Sorry I missed it, invitation must have been lost in the mail." Well, if she wanted to be snarky he could too. "You can have her if you want, I've grown tired of her personally. Her mind is gone, her soul has probably prepared itself anyway, waiting for sweet release." Rift looked back at the naked woman, who stared back at him. She didn't look afraid, she didn't look...anything. Through her eyes though he could see a small spark in it, one of pain, one of desire, for death. Heh.

He'd be able to give that to her...later.

Rift raised an eyebrow as he stood up, straightening out his clothes and sighing. "How could I have been so rude? Where are my manners!" Rift quickled strode over to Zenith and wrapped his arms about her, smirking slightly as he squeezed her tight, his hands moving downward to her rear, taking a little time to ah...explore. "Welcome...to the family." With that suddenly he squeezed his arms tight as he set his legs in a new position, suddenly turning to hurl her against a wall as hard as he could with a grin on his face.

"I've had Vortex at my feet before, Nexus bent to my will, always nice to have another one in the family know my power."

Rhindeer

Zenith only smiled sweetly when Rift came in for the hug, all too amused by his behavior. Silly boy acted so threatened by her! What, was one female in the ranks of all those males that intimidating? Was she upsetting the social hierarchy and throwing it all into complete turmoil? It was a hilarious thought, but she decided she'd voice it after she got her hug.

She wrapped her arms tightly around his middle and rested her chin on his shoulder, smiling as he returned the hug and pressing against him when his hands found her bottom. Someone sure was forward! Not that she minded. Maybe she'd end up liking her brother after all, though it was a shame he probably wouldn't like her much by the time she was done with him. And then, suddenly, she felt his position change, felt the tensing of muscles and shifting of legs that sent of warning bells in her head. Zenith only had time enough to sigh and roll her eyes—why did they always have to be so needlessly hostile?—before she felt herself flying through the air.

Which she promptly became.

Mere inches from crashing into the wall she simply vanished, or at least that's what it looked like, but a second later and she had faded back into focus and was crouched on the ground with her back to the wall and one hand planted bracingly on the floor. Her hat fell to the ground beside her, rumpled like her hair and clothes, and she flashed Rift a wicked, toothy grin. "Well, jeez, I love you, too! Mwah!" she said with a laugh, puckering her lips and blowing him a kiss.

Gale force winds rushed at him, picking up a number of objects that were in its path and hurling them at him like shrapnel along with the crushing wind. The poor broken woman was probably one of those "objects", but Zen didn't care.

"Hope ya haven't done any renovating recently!" Zen called out over the wind's roar, giggling. Because if he had, his home was about to be thoroughly thrashed.

Anonymous

Rift tensed his hands as his newest sister simply vanished from sight. Oh this was...she was a teleporter perhaps? What power was that? Sure, each of them had unique powers, but teleporting? Seriously? That couldn't be just it...it needed to be something better than that. Feris must have gotten bored creating her and given her just a simple power. "Glad that you-" Rift had no time to react to what happened next however. There was a howling of wind that picked up from nowhere, throwing things toward him. AH! It all made sense then. He had felt the use of their magic, the Savaros magic, concentrated by air. Interesting. A few things smacked Rift about, a small table, some bottles, and he narrowly missed getting hit by a dagger he had left about.

Sigh.

There was a crackling sound as he decided to show her just what he could do instead. He formed himself some little rips and tears, catching things in them, while a bigger rip formed near her, smaller ones for different objects. This is how she wanted to play then, he could play this way. He could feel a drain for a moment, the feeling of the broken woman being sucked through a rip and out the other side at Zen. It would take a moment, he was going to surprise her with them, taking them slower so it seemed like he was doing anything.

And that's when he struck, allowing the objects to fully travel through. Chairs, broken and splintered wood, daggers and what not. Ah, how fun could this be?

"Hope you don't mind a broken bone!" He called back to her as he hopped behind the largest, hopefully heaviest object, a table which had all four legs against a wall now. Perfect cover for the time being. He'd have to weed the dagger out sooner or later, that could seriously injure them...and he didn't want her to be hurt too bad.

Just...broken a little here and there. Make her feel a bit of pain, or...knowing the Savaros structure of her mind, the pleasure they all just liked. Hm. They could have some fun. Rift did take the time to make a Rift near her hat, pulling it through and placing it beside him.

For some reason, the Savaros loved their hats. If he were lucky, he could call a truce with this thing later...if...if he needed to. This was a whole new enemy, and technically family. They might be evenly matched and if that were true then...well he'd need to save his own butt.

Rhindeer

Her short hair was whipping about her face as the wind continued to rush forward at Rift, though she frowned when the dagger missed him. It wasn't like she wanted to kill him, but if he was going to attack her for no good reason--all she'd wanted was a hug, honest!--then very well. She could play that game, too, and she'd enjoy it. Besides, this wasn't just about fun; as he had no doubt guessed, this was about wrangling him and bringing him back to Feris, just as she planned on doing with her other brothers. Might as well just skip the pleasantries and cut to the chase.

Zen was surprised to see the objects blowing around the house suddenly...vanish, sucked into something, and she tilted her head to one side in confusion, blinking her strange colorless eyes. Even the woman got pulled through, but Zen stood her ground and waited patiently, kept the wind gusting at him. With the force of the wind, it wasn't like he'd be able to walk; it would bowl him right over, so it was smart of him to hide behind the table like the coward he was--what the hell?!

That was when stuff started flying out at her from nowhere, but obviously right beside her, and she yelped as her own wind deflected right onto her. It bowled her over, and she cried out when a wooden chair, partially splintered from being thrashed about, crashed into her side. Pain blossomed in her ribs, but she rolled to avoid the next chair and ignored the wet, tearing sound of the loose dagger plunging into the other woman. She was probably dead already, though. Cursing and digging her nails into the wooden floor, closing her eyes against the wind as splinters lashed at her skin and face, she redirected the wind away from her and let it swirl in the center of the room, pulling the debris in the room toward it--which included the table and, of course, Rift.

Unfortunately this meant she was also no exception but she had the advantage in that she was prepared. Kind of. She kept her body pressed flat to the ground but her nails skidded across the floor, leaving marks, and they started to splinter and break into bloody messes. It hurt, just like the stinging all along her exposed skin where small bits of wood had embedded themselves and her ribs where she was sure something might have cracked, but it was exquisite. Still, she was slipping, and with a grunt she lunged forward and managed to grab ahold of a window ledge.

"Just give up already!" she called over the howling wind. The walls of the house were starting to tremble dangerously, but she was always the gambling sort so she was betting on ending this before the whole house imploded or exploded. One or the other. "And gimme my hat back, you bastard! That's no fair!"

Anonymous

Rift couldn't trust her, it was just a hug, but this was a woman charged with reigning in the terrible triplets. This wasn't something that he wanted either. He wanted to get his brother all back together so they could once more rule worlds with their sick and twisted ways. Not be the bitch for a stuffy God. So, Rift was going to give Zenith a message. That was that he would never bow to her, and that he would never...EVER go back to her. He did wish that Nexus was here. If anything, Nexus had a great power. Ropes. Chains. Ribbons. Threads. Dangerous things that could be normal or inncoent, or very difficult things that could kill and maim.

Rift wished he could see what was happening but...from what he heard she was having such a fun time over there wasn't she? Hah hah. Stupid bitch. This was his place to shine, she was in such close quarters. Now, granted, if they had been outside, she could have the advantage. If they had been in a large field, she would have even MORE of an advantage. She could sit back and pelt trees at him, while he would have to try and get closer to use his power.

Sometimes rifts and portals had a little bit of a downside.

And...the wind suddenly had the advantage. He knew this because well...the table had disappeared suddenly and there was that oh so familiar roar of wind as it spun about. Okay. Bad things were happening then. Very very bad things were happening. Rift grabbed onto his hat and Zen's hat and stood up, trying to get away from the wind but...it was pulling him back, even though he was leaning dangerously forward. Bits of wood and pieces of metal bombarded him, but he pointedly tried to ignore and compensate for the forces, trying to catch them with rifts and redirect them. Alright, they were both in trouble. He knew this the moment a larger piece of chair hit his ankle and sent him getting sucked into the vortex. Almost.

He decided Plan B was a better plan.

He opened a rift and sucked himself in, opening the exit outside the house, almost right in front of the window ledge that Zen was hanging on for dear life. He tumbled out of it, but recovered quickly and went to the window, tapping on the glass to get her attention. He didn't bother with words, she probably wouldn't be able to hear him, but he waved at her and smiled, then promptly gave her the finger and stuck his tongue out at her. Then he held up her hat and crushed it down so it would fit in his vest. Laughing he turned his back to the window and started to walk away.

Let her be stuck in that house with the wind and the sharp pointy things whipping about at gale force speeds. He had to go fix his leg, which was throbbing, and do something about all the cuts and why the heck his finger looked broken. No doubt it was though. It felt great on the other hand though.

HAH!

He just made a funny.