Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

sins recast

Started by Tally, March 12, 2005, 12:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Jeral keeps rooting through his bag as he answer Cam. "I think it's the place between hell and Pergatory...but that's besides the point." Jeral hears the faint sound of a chain necklace in his bag just before he hears the sound of a blade being freed from it's sheath. Damn it. The Storm Hawks weren't this nuts he thinks as he drops his bag and takes up his staff in two hands. With a victiousness he only learned on the streets, Jeral swings his staff at the blur Cam seems to have become in his vision, shouting, "Cut that out!"

Anonymous

The movement from Cam was very unexpected and the feeling of blades digging into her stomach made her gasp and cry out in pain. The wounds weren’t that deep, but deep enough to make a few of them look much worse then they were due to her bleeding. Xala looked up quickly in time to see the blur, which was cams hand head towards her face, moving her head out of the way, but soon enough, one of the blades slashed across her cheek, causing a thin line of silver blood to stain her cheek. Glaring at Cam, both her eyes swirling between the two colours of them, she raised her right clawed glove up to connect with his blades., trying to hold off his quick attacks so she could try something. Twirling around with wince she flung the glove off her left hand and reached behind her to pluck a button loose.

Since Cam was so worried about being naked, maybe this would work. This had to work, otherwise, she was screwed. She didn’t want to hurt him, Xala knew that this probably had something to do with her looking like an attacker. So Xala wouldn’t hurt him. The front of her white pants was turning a shade of grey from her blood, and where the blood trailed down from the wounds was red looking, as if she was allergic to her own blood… Which was actually the case.

Turning her eyes quickly towards Jeral she shook her head ‘no’ at the sight of his staff. That wouldn’t help, attacking him would probably just make him go more crazy.

“Cam, if you don’t settle down, I'll make you fight me Naked!�

She yelled, closing her eyes for a second at the pain around her waist and the throbbing on her cheek. For someone she just found naked in the middle of no where… He was pretty dangerous.

Anonymous

Jeral catches Xala's eye just in time to stop his attack. "Fine. Your lucky I don't want to beat his head in...yet." He pulls his staff to the ground and starts to grind it there when he notices a flash of sliver in his own hand. Huh? Isn't this...Jenn's necklace? Jeral stops paying attention to the fight to look over the necklace. It is! How the....What the.....huh?

Jeral's thoughts are all mixed up as he looks back on to the brewing conflict.

Tally

The razor-edged blades strike for Xala's face, for her eyes, and the AI compensates with emotionless precision when she dodges, whirling Cam around to attack again, this time intending to sweep a leg out in a kick powerful enough to break through stone.

Several things come together then, all in the space of a heartbeat. Xala throws off one of the gloves and makes no move to counterattack; Cam quails at the thought of her seeing him naked again; and the AI itself captures all of this data, compiles it, and uses the result to change it's own overriding objective. It is a sophisticated intelligence, his AI, sophisticated enough to recognize its malfunction and attempt to correct it.

_a/o overriding objective_achieve secure distance

All of this takes but a fraction of a second, for time becomes irrelevant against the AI's processing speed. Cam never pauses. His attack transitions immediately into a retreat and he leaps over Xala's head and hits the ground running, the blades retracting back into their internal sheaths.

The AI directs him into the forest and he tears through the overgrowth in blind retreat, disregarding the obvious trail he leaves behind him. He doesn't run long, but he moves fast, and when he stops he's not sure how far he's come. A half a mile? A quarter? No sooner does Cam—the true Cam; the part of his mind that is still human—asks the question, the damn AI intrudes with the answer: he's come exactly 1359.85 feet.

Cam leans back against a tree and squeezes his eyes shut. He clenches his fists in his hair.

_a/o/psychoemotional connection_damaged or incomplete_seek repairs immediately

It won't shut up! It won't stop! He clenches his fists so hard the fingernails of his good hand cut into the skin of his palm.

I'm broken. I'm broken!

Anonymous

It took her longer to blink then it did to take cam to jump over her head and start in an all out run. Xala stared after him for a few seconds, her mouth open and her hands at her sides, perfect. The cuts along her belly were raw and throbbing and the blood wasn’t helping, looking down at her waist she quickly cleaned if off the silver blood, leaving a red rash like mark where it was. Pressing a hand to her cheek to rid that off blood too she whipped it off on her pants before snatched her glove up and taking the other off. Returning both of them to their spot on her belt. Xala cast her eyes towards Jeral, she probably didn’t look very menacing, but her eyes were steely.

If you stay behind, don’t expect us to come looking for you.

After her words were spoken Xala took off in the general direction Cam went, running past his little trail once before backing up and running through it. She didn’t know how long she had been running for, and all she knew was that she was out of breath, her stomach wounds stung like someone has put salt on them and she has a trail of silver blood running down her cheek. Before she went much further she whipped the blood off her cheek and walked the rest of the way, her mismatched eyes catching the figure in the green trench coat. Her chest rose and fell rapidly with her breathing and her words where spaced out. Walking past the tree he was resting on Xala walked in front of him, her hands out and ready to grab his own hands, he looked so... Tortured.

Cam? Are you okay?

Xala’s hands where on his and she tilted her head to the side, one eyebrow up and her lips in a slight frown. Her cheek and belly throbbed from the cuts but she’d had had worse before, and if he felt bad about them, she was sure she’d point out that he’s not the first one to give her a few cuts… Though she suspected it wouldn’t make him feel any better.

Anonymous

It took only a second to snap out of his daze when Jeral watches Cam just jump over Xala and tear into the forest. Wow. Wish I could of done that a few years ago. is all he thinks as Xala comments, "If you stay behind, don’t expect us to come looking for you," Then takes off. Jeral waits a few second, disturbed by both what he found in his bag and how quickly Cam went from fighting to fleeing. "Well....gotta get going sometime. Better to help him then myself right now anyways." he mumbles as he pockets the necklace, then bolts in Cam's direction.

Doesn't take Jera longl to notice, other then the path is extreamly ovbious, that a little sliver blood litters some of the path. Jeral looks a little wierdly at it, but doesn't really catch on to who's it is until he gets to Cam and Xala. "You okay kid?" Jeral asks as he gets there, making sure his staff is not looking like a weapon.

Tally

Inside Cameron's head is a cold, mechanical litany, pounding against his psyche with such maddening force that real, physical pain starts growing behind his eyes, throbbing in time with his heart.

Alongside the AI's chant, tangling with it, clashing with it, are Cam's own thoughts, and the two streams of consciousness create a ringing cacaphony in his head.

What's wrong with it? It won't shut up! Why won't it shut up?! I'm broken, I'm not finished! Oh God, they didn't finish me! Yori...I need Yori! A shining, golden angel rears up against the darkness of his memories, and Cam aches to reach out to it. Yori...

His eye snap open and he cringes away from the hands touching his own. He forces down the AI's voice and then forces some semblance of a smile when he looks up at Xala, prying his fists open and dropping his hands at his sides. "Hah...I'm...I'm fine! Eh heh...just a little malfunction is all! Nothing to worry about!" He tries to laugh, but it's a strained and weak sound even to him.

Open wounds on Xala's face and stomach still weep blood, and Cam gasps. The part of him not busy keeping himself from falling to pieces asks itself, What's up with the silver blood? Gah, no time for that, she's hurt!! "Ahh! Ohmygod, ohmygod, you're hurt! I'm sooooo sorry! Please, please, please forgive me! Ohmygod we have to do something!"

Ah, Jeral is here now! Cam dashes over to him and tugs on his sleeve, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. Worry over Xala is drowning out the AI. "Jeraaal! Can you do something with your fancy staff to help her?? We have to do something! She could die!"

Anonymous

"No. I don't know all the runes on it, and the ones I do know are made for battle, not healing. Not even the summon rune on top." Jeral tells Cam slowly. Jeral looks at Cam's franic face, and at Xala's obvious wounds, then back at Cam. He rasies one finger and speaks softly, trying to calm down the little cyborg. "I might, however, have a rune of Healing scheked out somewhere in my bag. Let me check, Cam."

Jeral puts down his staff and bag, and starts looking through it again, this time for his small stack of paper instead of just randomly. It takes a few seconds to find them, but he finds them just the same. "Your in luck Cam. I got one on top that I can use, without losing it from the paper," he tell him. "But...I'm gonna need a knife and Xala's permission to use it on her. It's a....taboo to use magic outside of battle on someone without premission for my race."

Anonymous

Ah, the wonders of being treated like a female. Even though Xala was indeed a female, being treated like she was made of glass wounded her pride and made her glare at the two males. Her silver blood stung the rest of her skin and she made futile attempts to wipe it off, the silver bloods on her cheek went from her hand to her pants and then back again. Giving Cam a look at his petty excuse made her bark out a lame laugh and ignore the stinging on her tummy and cheek, caused by her very own blood touching her skin. When the half robotic man began to apologize and say she was going to die Xala stared stupidly at him… Huh? Die? Because of cuts? Poor guy overestimated his attacks.

What? These won’t kill Us… Our blood is hurting us more then the scratches you left on us… Don’t worry about-

Letting her spiky blue haired head drop when he began to ask Jeral for help, Xala just let her arms drop to her side and gave a sigh. This would be more complicated then she first thought it would be… maybe she could go half way here, heal her wounds the turn back to normal… But wait, Xala thought, looking towards Cam who was acting very much like a child, if I turn half here… he might think I’m a threat again and attack. Xala, ignoring the pain on her cheek pressed a hand to it and then let her head drop again, what’s the use, but the least they could do was pretend she was nearby. Xala stared stupidly at Jeral, he was going to do magic? Using a piece of paper? Hmm, this should be interesting to watch.

You have our permission… Jeral

The sun was high in the sky now, how long had they been outside? No matter, she didn’t have anyone waiting for her in the Village and it looked like they didn’t either. Xala looked at the pouch around her waist and put a hand in it, lifting a small sheathed dagger and holding it with a half extended arm, looking at the two oddly. Okay, no turning half, let him heal her… Hopefully it will work, otherwise, it’ll be the long process of natural healing, and that usually left scars. Why, of all people, didn’t the healing properties of the Dragon Mergers blood work on everyone else, but her?

Xana, you suck.

Was muttered, after Xala quickly whipped away the blood on her cheek. Pulling her lips into a thin line the blue haired wounded female looked from Cam to Jeral and then looked at the Dagger, hopefully, this didn’t involve any more cuts.

Tally

Thank God. Thank God she'll be okay. But the feeling of seeing her only as a threat to be eliminated, the image of his claws tearing through the flesh of her stomach, will remain perfect and real forever in the AI's memory. Just thinking about it signals the AI to play the act over for him, and a wave of nausea hits his stomach as he truly understands for the first time what a treacherous, hateful abomination he is. Still, he forces the sunniest grin he can manage and beams at Jeral and Xala both.

His smile curdles imperceptively and his voice cracks. "Oh, I'm soooo glad I didn't really hurt you, Xala! But still I'm really, really sorry! I'll never do it again, it was just a glitch, it's all taken care of now! You just...get to healing her, Jeral! Yeah, then we can continue on to Adela! Whoo!." As he speaks, he backs up slowly from the both of them, and when Xala at last turns her full attention to Jeral, Cam turns around and trudges a few yards away from them.

His back to them, he leans his right hand against a tree and clutches his head with the other. Just a few moments. He just needs a few moments and maybe he can stop his mind from shattering. Just a few moments to keep himself from succumbing to the clawing madness that lurks in that instant of silence between the AI's repetitions. He grinds his teeth and hangs his head down, his breathing quickening and making him lightheaded.

I know that! I know! I'll fix it, just please stop. Please, please stop. I know what's wrong. They didn't finish me. I'll find Yori. I'll find him and he'll fix me. As before, Cameron shies away from those images and recalled sensations, from that feeling of lying on cold metal and the sound of medical equipment beeping and whirring in the background. His mind focuses in on Yori, that shining beacon of hope, a true angel—not broken like Cam. Yes, Yori can fix him.

Given a solution, the AI falls blessedly back into its standard murmur of usual activity: collecting data on his surroundings, cycling through its diagnostics, monitoring the area for danger. Abruptly, Cam feels a pain in his left hand and unclenches his fist from his hair again and peers at it. Four small, curved cuts mar his palm where his fingernails cut into the skin. Thin trickles of blood run down his wrist.

He drops his hand to his side and sighs, feeling more than anything else the bitter guilt of having turned on someone he considers a friend.

Anonymous

"You wish for the healing with out even knowing what it could do?" Jeral says to her. "I'll give you one more chance to resind your permission, but this time, I'll tell you what I'm doing. I'm gonna put a simple rune on your skin with my blood, for I have no pen, ink, or charcol to do this with. I'm no sicko who uses other's blood for my spells. It will heal your wounds, but nothing else. The rune won't help with your blood alergy, or with anything wrong upstairs. It might also do something else as well, ranging from making you slighty hungry or tired, to causing excrusiating pain or tremendous hunger. To tell you the truth, this rune's only been used 4 times, and, on me, it made me hungry. I'm not entirly human, so take that as you will. Do you still want to do this?"

Jeral then looks to Cam for a second, just to tell him this, "No one has ever not been told what a rune has done except in battle or in extream circumstances. I am di=oing this so she knows. She's tougher then she looks, she might be fine without it anyways."

Anonymous

For nearly an entire minute Xala just stood there with her hands on her hips, her mismatched eyes staring at the tree behind Jeral and her mouth slightly open. And she was just staring, listening, and sometimes chewing on the inside of her cheek. Closing her eyes for a moment then opening them back up Xala looked, well, it was probably more of a glare, at Jeral then looked quickly in the general direction of Cam. Giving a sigh Xala kicked some of the grass and listened to Jeral explain his ‘healing’ rune. Xala had giving an audible snort when he explained things and Xala put her hands up in the air, after tucking her dagger back into the pouch around her waist.

Look, We aren’t human…At all. We only said okay to it because Cam was so… Anxious about it. But, forget it… we have a better solution.

Giving a mocking bow and a tight-lipped smile towards Jeral Xala walked off into the dense forest and stopped a few feet away. Where she stood, her arms at her sides and her eyes closed, as if she was changing colour, silver scales crawled up her skin starting at her wrists, climbed up her arms and covered the wounds on her cheek. Pretty soon, most of her body was covered, except the soft spots, like the under skin of her arm and most of her neck. Xala opened her eyes and shook her head, little scales made her ears point and her tongue and gone forked while her teeth grew sharp. Right now, the blue haired female looked like a half turned Lizard Anthro, but that was far from what she was.

Ah, that took all of five seconds. And there is nothing wrong with our mind, I assure you, We aren’t crazy. And if it makes you feel any better, we didn't want your help.

Xala stated as she walked out of the clearing, the scales were pretty much gone, only the ones on her back would be a while before they turned back into normal skin. Hadn’t the two toned voice pointed anything out? Or maybe having two very different eye colours was normal where this fellow came from. The once bleeding wounds were now small silver lines, four and a bit of a fifth one on her belly and two small ones on her cheek, they didn’t hurt and more and only the reddish rash was still there from the blood. Which reminded her of something, how did that Jeral person know she was allergic to her own blood? Creepy stalker person. Expelling the thought from her head, Xala walked over to Cam, her eyes sad. Letting out a sigh Xala walked beside him and looked up, looking up of course because he was taller then herself.

Hey, Cam… We’re all better now! Lets go, Shall we? … We’re pretty sure you want some pants.

Looking towards Jeral and giving him a smug smile and lightly patted Cam on the shoulder and began on again, her stomach and cheek still ached a little, but they didn’t need to know why. ‘Hopefully they don’t scale over and stay like that.’ She thought worriedly, looking around then behind her, stopping so they can catch up… Hmm, she never really saw herself and some sort of leader person; it appeared she had self-appointed herself this little job.

Anonymous

"All right. Your call." Jeral says as Xala walks a little way into the forest. Jeral looks to Cam again and says, "See Cam? Looks like she knew what to do anyways." Jeral stuffs the sheet of paper in his pocket, and pulls out the necklace to look it over. Ha. How like Jenn. Wonder if the Elder knew anything of this? he thinks as he sees the extention made to it. Poorly done, by the looks of the rest of it, but only could a craftsmen pick it out. He puts it on as just before Xala came back. She looked better, but still had a little bit of a rash on her cheek. "Hey, Cam… We’re all better now! Lets go, Shall we? … We’re pretty sure you want some pants." she speaks to Cam, then starts walking off. "I think I know a good place for clothes, gotta go there anyways. Come on Cam, you go glitchy, we'll find a way to stop it." Jeral says to him, setting off after Xala.

Tally

At the sound of Xala's approach, Cam lowers his hand so she can't see the little bit of blood trailing along his palm. They're just superficial cuts, but he doesn't want her seeing how silly he was to hurt himself.

"Yes..." he says to her comment about the clothes. He scratches at his stomach. "Your coat is itchy."

Peppy once again, Cam bounds after Xala and stares with wide eyes at the healed cuts on her stomach and face. What an amazing ability! "Wow, Xala! You're soooo cool! I didn't know you could do stuff like that! How did you do it? Can you do other things? What other kinds of stuff can you do? Is it magic? Can you do card tricks?" For once the AI and his organic mind are on the same track, for the AI is just as accepting and just as interested in matters of magic as he is himself.

Cam looks back at Jeral and sees something shiny in his hand.  Now what could that be?  Cam's just itching to go investigate, but he wants to see if Xala will show him some magic first.

Anonymous

Xala shot Cam a look and shook her head slightly when he scratched as his stomach, then stopped for a few moments and waited for him to catch up. It didn’t take a sorcerer to figure out the coat was itchy, he was naked, and probably a little sweaty or something. Xala shuddered at the mental picture of Cam sweating and nearly blushed with the after though, she’d have to hit herself for that later. Pervert.  Turning around and walking backwards to look at Cam, Xala smirked slightly at his exclamation; of course she’d be cool to him. How many Dragon Mergers could one person run into in a lifetime?  Xana and Tala’s clan of family and friends lived somewhere deep in a forest, protected by those who over used their ability to turn into dragons. Xala closed her eyes and shook her spiky blue head, that’s what was happening to Xana, she’d never been able to turn into a dragon, and when she tried Xana started to get stuck that way. Cold rage washed over Xala, aimed towards herself and she lowered her head slightly and closed her mismatched eyes, if it wasn’t for the weaker of the twins, this wouldn’t have happened to them.

Looking up again with a false smile on her face, she wiped off whatever blood was left so it stopped burning. The smile turned into a grin, this was Tala’s area… Showing off.

Of course it’s going to be itchy… You’re naked. And Not many people know that We can do that, but we can’t do it often or the scales will stay and then we’ll look like an anthro… Like Xana did.

Xala’s head dropped slightly but her mood quickly picked up when she began to trail a finger through the air in a figure eight. A small stream of fire was trailing after her index finger and she began to move it up and down in a bow like arch, before making a long fiery arrow. Grabbing the fire bow she notched the ‘arrow’ and pulled back the invisible string, giving a wink to Cam and turning up towards the great blue roof above them, she let her arrow fly and then held out her hand as a landing spot on it’s way back down.  Catching it in her bare hand she held it out towards cam, the bow gone in a wave of heat.

A childish grin was on Xala’s face as she turned the arrow over and over, it’s body flickering like fire would, so it’s body didn’t look straight at all.

This, She moved her hand closer to his, a tight grip on it still, Is real fire, and this is just a fraction of what we can do. we’ll show you the big stuff one day… But not here, it’s to small an area; we’ll probably destroy stuff. But, why haven’t you asked why our blood is silver?

The fire bow and arrow being a fraction of what she could do was an understatement, but we’ll get into that another time. Still holding out the arrow, Xala looked towards Jeral and her eyes narrowed slightly, he could look at his trinkets another time.

You still coming with us or not… if you don’t answer we’ll take it as a no.

The hand that wasn’t holding the fire arrow came up and scratched at some tried blood that left a red blotchy spot as it flaked off and went to the ground.

Anonymous

Jeral looks up after the magic trick that Xala does, and relizes that he's straing at the necklace that he swears that Jenn gave him. "You still coming with us or not… if you don’t answer we’ll take it as a no."

"Of course I'm coming with you," Jeral replies, slipping the "trinket" up the sleave of his jacket. Jeral waits for them to start off, spinning his staff a little to look at the runes. Only one of them seems blighted, but he doesn't care. I want to know what's going on here...at least magically. he thinks as he thumbs one rune, and mutters, "Magic's Sight."

His eyes glow very slightly green, and aura's of magic become visable, at least to him. He looks over Xala, and he sees a heavly magical aura, like that of a dragon's. Interesting. he thinks. Jeral looks over Cam for an aura, and sees....nothing. Well, nothing he can pick out.

"Are we going soon?' Jeral asks, looking into Xala's mismached eyes. "Or are we just standing here for no reason at all?"

Tally

As Xala traces fire into the air with her finger, the smile falls from Cam's lips and his eyes narrow.  From a few feet away, his artificial eye looks real enough, but as close as he is to Xala, she should easily be able to see it for what it is.  It follows her hand, the retina and pupil contracting, expanding, and changing color as it shifts its vision to include the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

Here is magic, and magic is an objective. He was a failed attempt at perfection, meant to be a creation that combined organic material, technology, and sorcery. Now he was faulty, damaged.  His organic mind was too prominent and the melding of the AI and the brain incomplete. This must be corrected. The transformation must continue. Here he can learn magic, for the ability is built in to the biomechanical parts of him. Yori would have seen to that, but Yori is out of reach. The objective must be accomplished through other means.

His biomechanical hand reaches out and grasps Xala's wrist, the one of the hand that holds the fire arrow, and pulls her closer so his artificial eye can examine the writhing flames more closely. Yes, it is real fire; the radiation coming from it includes visible light and infrared wavelengths as would be expected. "You will teach me magic," he says, eyes swivelling up to look at Xala. The left one examines the radiation emitting from her body most closely. His voice is cold...mechanical. "You and Jeral.  I have the ability to learn. When we reach the village, after other objectives have been met, you will teach me."

Objectives like obtaining clothes. Yes...clothes would be nice, because darn it this coat really is itchy! He scratches at his stomach again and frowns down at the arrow. "What was I saying just now?" He blinks down at Xala.  "Oh yeah! I wanna learn magic! I know I can do it, it's built in to the robot parts. Will you guys teach me?" His voice becomes slightly whiny and he clasps his hands together, looking back and forth between them. "Will you teach me, pleeeease?"

Anonymous

Jeral looks to the pleading Cam, asking if he can learn magic from him or Xala. Reminds me of Arashin, trying to plead me into learning runes. Jeral thinks as he addresses Cam's request. "Sure, I'll try to teach you how to make and cast runes. Of course, some of it I probably won't be able to teach you," Jeral replies. He points out Cam's visable technological parts, and continues speaking. "Unless of course, your not all metal and wires."

Anonymous

Xala looked at Cam’s odd eye and ignored the slight pressure on her wrist when he took it and looked at the flame arrow. The blue haired girl moved it away from his nose and tried not to burn his hand, by the time he let her hand go Xala had a slight burn mark from the metal on his hand that heated up because of the heat from the fire arrow. Xala lightly rubbed the skin on her hand but didn’t show Cam, he would probably freak out again and get really worried about a simple little burn. Xala ran her fingers over the light scars across her stomach and looked up rather shocked at the command that left Cams mouth. ‘You will teach me magic’? Xala smirked and she wiggled her fingers at him.

Well, we’re not human… we’re Dragon Mergers… We live in a little clan in the north, we were born with the ability to create fire out of nothing, but if we can teach you… We’ll try.

Of course, Xala left the dragon part out. She’d show them that, one day, defiantly wouldn’t go full out scaly, maybe just anthro form... that was cool enough. Xala tucked her hands in her poofy pants pockets and looked at the ground for a moment, tilting her head to the side. Looking at Jeral before looking at Cam.

Cam, were you a human once? Or something else? You obviously aren’t completely an android because you bleed... on second thought... nevermind.

Xala looked pointedly at his hand that was fleshy and had light pricks of blood on it from his nails. The blue and golden eyes looked up ant met him before giving a smile and shrugging, dismissing the question, and then she looked at Jeral.

You want to learn how to make fire bows and arrows too? If I’m teaching Cam, might as well teach you too.

For a split second Xala flashed a fanged smile towards the staff carrier. The blue haired Dragon Merger then went back to her normal slight frown and began to walk towards the village. They’d spent enough time dawdling and doing nothing but flap their lips. Time to get her trench coat back and wash Cam’s naked body off the inside. The proof of her displeasure of letting him use her favorite and only trench coat was apparent when she scrunched her nose and looked at her trench coat, which was pulled tight across Cam.

Damn men and their wide shoulders.