Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At least the view is nice…(Woody)

Started by Anonymous, May 17, 2008, 11:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Jiva stormed out of the room taking care to slam the door on the way out. He was running out of time and still no cure had been found. He knew it wasn't the people at the Sanctuary's fault but still, it didn't mean he was happy about it.

He had been there over a month now and they couldn't think of anyway way to stop him dying. This was all Mecro's fault and if he could only go after the undead bastard he would make him pay.

Jiva slumped angrily on the grass and wondered if he really was going to die. That would be a pain; he still had to kill Dalisme as it was.

To distract himself he picked up a stone off the ground and began absent-mindedly sketching Siyavash on another stone. What ever happened to that horse?

Jiva sighed, "At least the view is nice..."

Anonymous

The young man awoke in a white room. He was unable to remember how it was he got there- in fact, he had trouble remembering anything at all...

"Where am I?" the man wondered to himself, and sat up in his bed.  When looking round the room he noticed a sword nearby on a chair. He picked it up and saw the word "Thermes" which was carved into the blade.

"Is that my name? Thermes..." he pondered to himself. It sounded familiar, but he didn't think it was his own name.

He felt the back of his neck and found that something was around it. It was a dog tag, with "Hamish Agmund" written on it.

"Hamish Agmund... I think that must be my name," he said to himself. Discovering his name made him feel a little happier.

He got out of the bed and walked out of the room. He continued down the corridor, not encountering anyone on the way. He thought this seemed a little strange, but continued onwards regardless. At the end of the corridor was a door, which he went through

The door at the end of the corridor led outside. It was a beautiful day and a few people were outside, sitting on the grass enjoying the good weather. He decided to take a walk to find out more.

After walking around the grounds for a little while, he encountered a fairly large man with long blonde hair who was using a stone to carve something into another stone. Hamish found this to be a little odd as he saw a sword on his belt and perceived warriors to not be very artistic. He approached the stranger, thinking that he may as well talk to him and find out where he was.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where the hell I am?" he asked him.

Anonymous

Jiva looked up when he heard someone talking to him.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where the hell I am?"

The blonde looked him up and down appraisingly, long brown hair, brown eyes and was carrying a sword. Obviously a warrior, but how could he not know where he was?

"Are you an idiot or something?" Jiva asked.

He turned back to the sketch of Siyavash and made a few more strokes on its mane.

"This is the Sanctuary, you know, the one in Adela?"

If he didn't know that he surely was an idiot, or sheltered...

"Who are you anyway?"

Anonymous

The man looked curiously at Hamish.

"Are you an idiot or something?" he asked.

Hamish felt slightly annoyed at being thought of as stupid. The man continued to work on his carving.

"This is the Sanctuary, you know, the one in Adela?"

Adela? Hamish could not recall hearing of such a place.

The man continued his questioning. "Who are you anyway?"

"I think my name is Hamish Agmund, but I can't remember anything else," Hamish replied.

Hamish looked around at the scenery then glanced at what this man had been carving. It was a horse.

"You draw pretty well. What is your name?" Hamish asked.

Anonymous

He thought his name was Hamish Agmund? Why did that sound familiar...?

"You got amnesia or something?" Jiva asked as he finished his drawing.

It wasn't unheard of and you got all kinds of people at the Sanctuary, including some who couldn't remember who they were.

"Name's Jiva Velas," the blonde replied to the other man's question.

Though 'man' was perhaps not an appropriate term, he seemed to be in his late teens, so younger than Jiva.

His drawing now finished, he threw the stone he had been using to sketch with in the direction of the nearby pond and watched it skip across the water.

Anonymous

Hamish sat on the grass next to this Jiva and considered the fact that he may have been right. Maybe he did have amnesia. He didn't have a clue of who he was and had no idea how he got to this Sanctuary in the first place.

Hamish watched as Jiva threw the stone he had been sketching with towards the pond. It skipped across the water. Hamish picked up a stone and did the same.

He turned to face Jiva. "Jiva, could you tell me what you know about this place? I need to have some idea about how I got here, and it might help if I knew why I'm here. Is there anyone here who may be able to help me?"

Anonymous

Jiva was tempted to tell Hamish to go away but both of them had problems and it might be nice to talk to someone who didn't know he was a serial mage killer for a change. He certainly asked a lot of questions though.

"Don't know how you got here but the head of the Sanctuary might know or anyone else who lives here. Why you're here might be because you lost your memory."

Most people who didn't come simply for refuge came because there was something wrong with them. That's why Jiva had come, he had discovered he was dying and where better to go than Adela's Sanctuary? You got all sorts of people there, travellers just wanting a room for the night and unfortunate people with all manner of injuries and illnesses.

"As for this place, like I said, this is Adela's Sanctuary. It's sort of a refuge for travellers and you get people who come because there's something wrong with them and reckon someone here might be able to help them."

Like himself for instance...

Anonymous

Hamish felt a little better having some idea of where he was. Jiva was being very helpful, which he appreciated. He laid flat on his back and began looking at the clouds. There were quite a few of them.

Hamish watched them for a while, and felt rather peaceful. He decided he should probably go talk to the head of the Sanctuary that Jiva mentioned.

"I think I will go have a word with the person who runs this place," Hamish said lazily.

Hamish sat up and looked into the nearby pond. He noticed a few fish swimming around.

"So Jiva, why are you here?" he asked. "Are you here seeking refuge, or is it something else?"

Anonymous

Jiva knew he would ask that, everybody always did. He plucked a few blades of grass from the ground and began idly tying them into knots.

"...I'm dying."

Those who knew who he was and everything he had done tended to tell him that he deserved what he got and maybe that was true but still he wasn't giving up just yet. There were still plenty of mages he wanted to fight and a certain red-headed girl he wanted to kill.

He would fight her first though; it was unsporting to kill someone without even giving them a chance. Many thought this viewpoint foolish especially against mages. He was the son of a sorceress though and had grown up around powerful magic users. He knew their weak points and how to exploit them.

Technically, he himself was a magic user but it was of little use to him. This was all the more infuriating at a time when he could use healing blood. But no, it only worked on other people; like he was going to give up the thing that kept him alive for someone else.

Anonymous

So Jiva was here because he was dying. Hamish felt he seemed rather calm and collected about that fact.

"...I'm sorry to hear that," Hamish replied. He had no idea what else to say.

Hamish got to his feet and began pacing back and forth. After a couple of minutes, he stood still and looked up at the sky. He didn't know what to think about this revelation. Part of him felt sympathetic towards Jiva, however another part of him didn't care at all. Death was a part of life.

Hamish suddenly remembered he possessed a sword. He drew it, and was horrified to find blood stains on the blade.

"There's blood on my sword! What on earth is going on?"

Anonymous

[OOC o.O Sorry it's short]

"Swords are meant for killing people aren't they?" Jiva said simply.

Why was it having blood on so strange, it just meant that Hamish didn't clean it properly. Jiva supposed that he wasn't too intrigued by the blood on Hamish's sword because he was a killer as well. He had been a little surprised when Hamish said he was sorry to hear he was dying even though he didn't know Jiva's profession, the blonde didn't like pity though.

"A lot of people would say I deserve what's going to happen to me, being a bounty hunter and all."

Anonymous

Hamish had some idea of what a bounty hunter was, and judging by what Jiva said he assumed he was supposed to hate him for it. However, he didn't hate Jiva. He seemed like a pleasant man, and he seemed to be regretting his choice of profession.

"Well I can't really agree with you, since it would seem I've stabbed someone," Hamish answered quietly.

Hamish felt inside his pocket for a cloth and found one. He walked to the pond and began cleaning his sword. Whilst doing this, he began wondering whose blood it was that he was cleaning off. Was it someone innocent? Or was it a warrior whom he had fought? Perhaps he too was a bounty hunter...

He turned to Jiva. "Jiva... Do you know much about other bounty hunters in this land?"

Anonymous

Jiva laughed, "I know a lot them either want me dead or get in my way."

Jiva had a bounty on his head just like the people he chased. Hamish however didn't really seem like a bounty hunter; he didn't have the temperament for it. If anything he seemed like a soldier. And if he was that would mean trouble for Jiva. So he decided not to mention this suggestion.

"The best place to go and find out about bounties is the Bounty Office in Reajh. Other than that you just ask around or look for wanted posters."

Ah, he remembered his wanted posters, such a terrible likeness and its list of crimes was wrong, it was more than the posters said. 208 counts of murder, 11 counts of espionage, 5 counts of attempted murder, 4 counts of arson and 3 counts of treason.

Tags: