Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life goes on {Vexing! -Open-}

Started by Anonymous, May 23, 2008, 01:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I will tell you a story. A story of me. My name is Raoul. I am a Garou. And I will tell you the story about the night in which everything changed. My future. My life. And quite literally, my form.

It was in the summer, the night was clear and the moon was out. The full moon. And of course, like what happened every full moon, I changed into my wolfe shape. I must admit that I had been drinking too much that evening before the sun set and the moon came out. And this backfired when the wolfe in me came out and howled loudly. I couldn't keep my other half under control anymore, and for the first time I turned into a monster rather than into a wolfe.

I don't remember where I have been before that one fatal thing happened. I just remember running through woods and fields without any control or a sign of fatigue. When I arrived at the house of my family, I realised it had been my other half's goal all along. To make you understand why it was my goal, I have to go back yet a little further in time. That day I had been in a fight with my family, who'd seen me with a human girl and did not approve of our dates. This made me really angry. I was 23, and I thought I'd seen everything there was to life. I now know I hadn't. Anyway, the fight made me leave the house and go to the pub in the next village, practically exchanging my blood for rum and gin. I was unable to control my wolfe half. I ran to my house.

When I arrived there, I recall staring at the facade, as if waiting for something to change. Something to give me a reason to charge. A predator searching for prey. There was light shining through one of the upper windows. My sister's room. I howled to the moon once more and then jumped against the door which gave way under my weight. It hurts me and shames me deeply to tell you what happened next.

In a blur my body darted into the living room. Nobody was there. I went upstairs, to my parents room. They were asleep. On my soft feet I went to stand next to their bed without making a noise. My red eyes fell like beams on their faces as I clenched my jaws around my mother's neck, separating her head off her body with ease. My human half wanted to scream and howl in fear and despair. But I couldn't. My mother did not even have time to wake up. She was dead on the spot. I tried to block off my vision, but powerlessly I had to watch the same thing happen to my father, and afterwards to my grandfather in the other room. My mouth tasted like blood, making my human half choke but it did not transfer to my wolfe form. It just went on.

The door of my sister's room was opened slightly. I looked through the gap and saw her sitting on her bed with a young man next to her. I had seen him before. He was a knight who had temporarily settled in the village. I did not like him. For a moment, even my wolfe form was paralyzed in shock of seeing my sister with him. They were laughing, talking, telling each other to be quiet in case my parents heard them. At one point, the man's head went closer and closer to my sister's, and their lips touched. This infuriated my wolfe half. I let out a loud roar, making them look up in panic, and with one huge jump I had reached the bed and slashed four 2-inch deep wounds in the young man's chest. My sister screamed. It echoed through my head for several days after that.

My sister screamed for help, but no one came. The man was dead now. I turned to my sister with rage burning in my eyes and approached her slowly, threateningly. The fear was etched on her pretty face now and she backed off slowly. I have wondered many times why I did not kill myself after this moment. My sharp nails left deep cuts across her face, cutting out her left eye, and I stuck them straight into her belly after that. Blood dripped out of her mouth and she choked. Then she fell forward and did not move again.

I woke up in the house the next morning. My head ached and my eyes hardly opened. When they finally did, I wish they hadn't. The room around me was the living room, and it was like a bomb had exploded. The furniture was unrecognisable, everywhere there were marks of were claws had been set in them and pieces of dishes lay everywhere. I remembered everything. I let out a roar of anguish and despair, long and loud, unable to control my emotions. I cried for I don't know how long. When the night fell normal human things got me slightly back on my feet again. Hunger. Thirst. Fatigue. I got a grip on myself with incredibly much difficulty and left. I've never come back since. I went to the woods, where I satisfied my primitive needs and wandered around with a blank mind for weeks. I don't remember how or when I've started to act slightly human again. I shaved. I trained. I spoke. I -lived- once again.

Right now, I think I am in Sirantil Valley.
I'm walking through the woods, my sword in my hand, looking for some deer or turkey to roast. I don't want to go to the villages around.

-Wait-
I hear something. It comes from the bush right behind me. Perhaps a turkey has finally come to sacrifice his life to enrich mine. Carefully, I walk to the bush. When I am close enough, I slash my blade through the leaves. But the head that lookes out in shock is not that of a turkey.

Anonymous

"Haha! Didnt I tell you, Pet? I KNEW he was going to promote me! Captain of the Squad, how about that? Sounds fancy, eh?"
Jimmy Jackson had only just returned from his meeting with his questgiver. His work as a Tomb Raider had been over excellent, Jimmy's master had said, and hard work had paid off. Finally, promotion! And not to mention, the mission of a lifetime! Along with the good news, Jimmy had gotten an order to take the Squad and pillage the Third King's tomb; one of the most protected and most wealthy tombs ever.
Sleep was not welcome in his thoughts, as Jimmy thought about tomorrow and looked up at the nightsky through the canopy of leaves above him. Yes, he loved the nature and the night, the moon, the stars. But the dreams came nevertheless. Calm, peacefull ones, about money, enough money to build himself a small home and live a peacefull life without having to steal again. Dreams about a lady, perhaps, or a family, somewhere in his distant future..

The next day, from sunrise 'till sunset, nothing happened, but a soft spring shower for fifteen minutes. Nothing passed his thoughts but his upcoming mission and the tools he might need, or what he should do with the guards there. Jimmy was very single-minded in such circumstances. Of course, noone would imagine anything would happen to him before the mission, in the middle of the quiet, deserted woodlands.
That was one of the reasons Jimmy had ignored Pet's fidgety, perhaps nervous mood. The emerald-coloured snake had been wiggling and shifting all day long in the shrubbery where Jimmy kept his temporary "base-camp", as he'd like to name it. It was nothing more than some planks of wood, lavishly set together to form something that looked like a .. fence? At least, when you got to the third hint, and took a few steps backwards.

Pet had raised his head and glared at Jimmy for not noticing, or pretending not to notice his mood.
"Oh, what?,' Jimmy finally remarked and pulled a bored and weary face,' cant you see I'm busy?" That wasnt enough for the serpent and it glided over the mossy underground to its master. When Jimmy wanted to grab his hammer, the snake had protested by sliding up the handle so that Jimmy grabbed right into Pet, who hissed in agony.
There was no denying it now, and somewhere in his head, Jimmy cursed at the snake for disturbing his busy mind. He sighed and picked up the snake and placed it gently in his sleeve.
"There. Happy now?" the thief grumbled, and put the last tool in his black-leather bag.
A prepaired man always lasts longer, so Jimmy always said, and he double-checked his bag for anything missing. Luckily, he spotted the vacant spot where his small dagger was always stashed, and crawled around the narrow space to find where he last left it. The quest was finished, when he saw a glimmer of steel in between the bushes.
"Hah! Gotcha!" his mind thought and he leapt in the shrubbery, only to stiffen the next moment from what he saw. The blade was not his, in the contrary, it was attacking him with skill, drawn by a hand, attached to an arm, a body, which he wanted to see even less. Big, somewhat evil eyes, were staring down on him, eyeing him as if they could see right through him. Maybe with susprise, but that was gone in an instant, when Jimmy made eyecontact with something atleast he didnt expect to see.
"Drat.." was his first thought.

Anonymous

The face I look at is an unfamiliar one, and I daresay certainly not that of a turkey. A man, bald-headed and with brown eyes looks up at me with a mixture of shock and surprise in his eyes. I have some difficulty not to grin at his expression when his eyes slide slowly upwards my blade, following my chest and finally make contact with mine. I decide to remove my blade from his throat. He probably does not taste as good as a turkey would. Ha. That rhymes.

I withdraw my sword and stand up straight. The man in front of me looks unhealthily thin but quite tall, as if two persons have been pulling at his arms and feet stretching him out as long as possible. Not very suitable to serve as food anyway, is my first sarcastic thought. I clear my throat and ask him:

'May I ask what you are doing in this forest, sitting at the average turkey-height? You made me think you were eatable, which you are n-- ... well, maybe you are, but I think I prefer turkey steak. What are you looking for? Lost a contact? Kissing holy ground? Looking for a turkey-damzel in distress??'

Okay, I must admit that I tend to let my sarcasm run freely. Perhaps a more friendly approach works better. I plant the end of my blade in the earth and lean on it somewhat, studying the unfamiliar man with some curiosity.

'Anyway, my name is Raoul. Nice to meat you. Have you any food? I'm kind of hungry. Doesn't have to be turkey. I'd take deer or ostrich too. I'll share my wine with you.'

I know I'm in a way too sarcastic mood, but I just can't resist saying everything. I don't know the man anyway and all I want of him is some food. Today had not been a very good hunting day. Probably because the local hunters had been chasing deer and turkey's for a week now which had caused them to become skittish and jumpy, running away from every sound that even reminded them of the hunters. Great, I think to myself. How I love those hunters.

'Well, my turkey-friend, are you going to say anything or not?'

Anonymous

That mustve been the biggest word-flurry someone had ever thrown at him. Jimmy had no idea what to say as his mind malfunctioned, and a small red light went up in the back of his head somewhere.
What the.. who the .. Who was this guy, to suddenly flash a sword at him, then call him names, and afterwards ask for food? Geez, what was Jimmy? Some kind of slave, or what? A small bubble of anger started to grow already for the man in front of him, and as Jimmy stood up, wiped the dirt of his pants and raise his nose up to make him look even taller, there was that glint of mortal amusement, playing in the eyes of that blatant attitude in front of him. What was so funny, eh?
By the time he got himself together again, Jimmy's disgust for this man had reached an abnormal height. There was no grounded reason for this, of course, but sometimes, you just dont like someone. This was such a moment.
I mean, this guy, he doesnt even know me! Ive never met him and he simply talks to me like a minion or something! He doesnt even know if I can hear him prop-. Bingo..
It was plain unfair, but Jimmy felt mischievous and wanted a payback. So he got his acting talents out of the blues and made an expression that clearly stated:"What?" and he made a gesture towards his ears; he couldnt hear.