Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All Points Collide

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2008, 02:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[center:1rw16z17]"Tomorrow, child, a grand symphony will take place here..."[/center:1rw16z17]

Isabella clutched the package in her arms tightly. The carriage she was riding in was lit by the mid-morning sun, and housed five other people seeking an easy and safe entry into Reajh. When the ride became considerable less bumpy, she could tell that they had finally made it to the streets of the city.
Now, at last, she knew she was mere hours from having her wish fulfilled: To see her passed-away mom once again.
The little girl jumped out of the carriage when it pulled up to and stopped at the stables, only to be overwhelmed when she looked around at her surroundings. The city was huge, maybe more so than Ketra, and she was in the dead center of it. Even for being relatively early in the morning, the urban sprawl was already bustling with people and commerce. For a split second, Isabella truly felt lost.
But soon that feeling came back, that strange sense of simply 'knowing' where to go. The Nice Angel, Mother, was like that; sometimes, she didn't speak in words, just in feeling. Isabella wandered out onto the street, trying not to get caught up in the crowd until she was sure.
But she was, and she knew exactly where to go now. All she needed to do was take the sword to that house, and she would be reunited with her mom at long last; The Nice Angel promised.
With a smile, she started down the street, going with the flow of the crowd.

"Where's Pharzu?" asked Seethe as he approached the two other hellsends on his team in an alley between two shops.
"I don't know man, he's supposed to be here," replied Reese, vacantly looking around as if the missing demon would just suddenly stroll up to the three of them.
"Goddamit," Seethe cursed, kicking a small pile of trash in sheer frustration over the past twenty-four hours' events. Then, to the good-elf-gone-bad Ayria, he asked hotly, "Did you ever catch up with that Mother broad last night?"
She puckered her lips and shook her head. "Nope. She managed to slip away on me."
"Fuck!" Seethe cursed again, waiting a few seconds this time to calm down before asking of them, "Where's Blackbride at right now? And the girl, Taylor? Do either of you know?"
"Back at his mansion," answered Reese. "He's got some ceremony or party to go to down in the market square or somethin'. Why?"
Seethe put his hands on his hips and turned away, trying to get his thoughts straight before putting them into words. Both Ayria and Reese looked at one another at the same time, with the same thought: This can't be good.
"He's gonna kill her," Seethe deduced, turned back around to face his hellsend comrades. "Hell, he might even kill both of 'em. I don't know why yet, but it's the only thing that makes sense right now. Pharzu should have known that Taylor was Telarn's daughter, but he 'conveniently' didn't. I did some digging myself, and none of that shit he said last night was true. And now, he doesn't show, right when Telarn and his girl are going to expose themselves out in the open. Pharzu's a traitor, that's all I can think of, and he's gonna try and set the Hellsend up for whatever kind of greater scheme he or whoever he's workin' for has.
"Reese, A. J., I want you both to haul ass over to the Blackbride estate and get those two to safety. I'm gonna track that son of a bitch down and find out what he's up to. It's about time I got some answers to all this."
Reese and Ayria nodded, and Seethe prompted, "Go! Now!"

"Dad! Are you almost ready? We're gonna be late!" came the voice of Taylor Blackbride outside of Telarn's room, accompanied by a series of knocks.
"One moment," he called back as he dressed himself in front of his full-body mirror.
Something was very odd, and very wrong today. The Connlaothian drug lord couldn't figure out if he simply woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or if it was one of those gut feelings he sometimes had that kept him alive when he was a simple dealer on the streets. It seemed like he was in a constant daze of a paradoxal sort: As if he were healthy but sick, awake but dreaming, sane but mad.
He'd almost forgotten all about the games he promised Taylor that they were going to go and see today, but thankfully, just last night he suddenly remembered. And, whether or not he felt ill, he would at least fulfill that promise to her before spending the rest of the day flirting with his personal doctor and healer.
As he buttoned up his coat, he resolved to himself that today was going to be a great day.

Kael carefully and covertly placed the last charge inside of the building, finishing up the work for the last structure. His mind, completely dominated now, was subserviant to Mother's will, and he followed through with his part delligently. Mother's plan was very exact, and very precise, and he understood that he played a crucial role. She trusted him, and he would not fail her.
With a nod to the smiling owner of the tavern, Kael departed the building. He gazed up and down the long street, at all of the people coming and going, at the shops and merchants getting business, at the morning sun.
Such a serene moment; the calm before the storm.
With the bombs in place, Kael set out then to take his place on Mother's stage.

Virtue, the proxy of Alexiannastraziel, stood just outside the outer limits of Reajh, waiting for the others to arrive. Most of them would have traveled by flight because of their wings, but, from what she understood, she realized that such things would not be smiled upon the magic-fearing city of Reajh. Thus, as it was planned, she waited outside of the city for her comrades to arrive before pushing into the city.
One of the first to arrive was the Archangel Elial. She didn't notice him touching down to the ground, but he now approached her from out of the forest. After walking up to her, he said in a motivation sort of way, "This day, we cannot affort to fail. You understand this perhaps even more than I."
Virtue, somewhat taken by surprise, simply nodded her head in affirmation. Alexian, after a second, spoke to them both in their minds, banishing the silence:

Elial... No matter what happens today, know that I will always love you.
The Archangel smiled a bit, then replied openly, "I have always known this, Alexian..."
Virtue kept watch, waiting for the others to arrive as well.

Everything was falling into place, and that pleased Mother greatly.
She sat in the seat of an outside diner, simply watching the citizens of Reajh go to and fro in their daily business. Mother was happy, for soon she knew that she would see all of her work and preparation finally come to fruitation in her greatest gift yet. And as she watched the people of Connlaoth, she knew that all of them would be her audience, the witnesses of great tragedy and terrible catastrophy.
The wheels were motion, unstoppable, and she could already hear the music of her grand symphony playing in her mind.

Trapped in the inner darkness of Mother's own, small universe, Nazune stood chained to an unfathomable abyss. She could see everything that was happening; she also knew everything that was supposed to happen, according to her Mother. She could see various parts of Reajh through the perspectives of Taylor Blackbride, Mother, and Kael. She could see her own body dissolving slowly, ready to become fully integrated into the story and body of Taylor Blackbride and begin Mother's newest screenplay of purpose and meaning.
She could also see opportunity. Nazune was unsure whether or not it would work, but it was likely the only chance she would get.
She watched, and waited.

Anonymous

Norriden landed within the forest, just outside of the clearing Elial and Virtue were in. He put Rosa down, who was in his arms for the duration of the flight. It only made sense how the Archangel arrived before Norriden, regardless of how determined he was.
"Nazune..." Norriden spoke the name to himself as he walked out into the clearing with Rosa along side, looking at the morning sky through the trees. He stopped once in view of the Archangel and the proxy and turned his attention to them.
"Today, we move but a step closer to putting Mother's madness to an end. I am willing to throw my life on the line for this and for Nazune." Norriden stated, using the batlike portion of his wings to wrap around his waist. After his wings were folded as much as he could make them, he threw on a cloak he had purchased in Ketra before leaving. The hood was left, hanging.

Anonymous

Zekial and Morrigan were the next two to arrive at Virtue's rally point, with Zekial being Morrigan's 'ride' to the new city. He didn't mind having to carry Morrigan from Ketra to the outskirts of Reajh though -- it had certain benefits.
The Blood Angel strode up to Virtue and Elial, giving a nod to the latter. "Good to see you again, old friend. There wasn't much time for small talk earlier."
The Archangel returned the nod. "And to you, Zekial. It has been quite a long time, and much has changed."
Zekial shrugged. "It happens. But it is nostalgic, to serve by your side once again."
Elial, actually thinking far back into his memory, affirmed, "Indeed it is."

Neseraph and his two passengers were the next to show up to the rally point, but they could be easily heard before seen walking up to Virtue and the rest.
"Damn, if only I had a big, fat steak right now..." complained Neseraph purposefully.
Insera, not catching that, was quick to retort, "Well, it is your own damn fault. Vivante did his best to penetrate your thick skull with logic, but it obviously did not work. So, now, you suffer."
"I'm not hungry, I just wish I had a big, fat steak right now. That's all. Come on Diane, you know you want one too," Neseraph repeated himself with a grin.
She sighed, then spoke in an annoyed tone just as the group reached Virtue and the others, "Would it really be so difficult for you to focus on the task at hand? Just for a few hours?"
"I am focused!" Neseraph countered.
Insera stared at him.
He stared back.
Insera glared at him.
He grinned.
"...on a big, fat steak," he murmured.
SLAP!!!
"Alright, alright. Get Reigne's sword. Got it," Neseraph conceded, crossing his arms in a resolute sort of way.
Virtue, more than anyone present, was totally lost at the whole exchange. Elial and Zekial said nothing, and kept their gazes turned toward the city.

Anonymous

Norriden also remained silent as he stared towards the city of Reajh. Rosa simply watched as Morrigan and Zekial arrived. Morrigan kept a smirk on her face as she watched Neseraph and Insera stumble onto the scene. Not a moment after the trio, Tesri landed in the clearing with the with Leon in tow. Followed by Kaité with Mariam. Everyone was gathering at a slow pace, but at least they were. All that was left was Doji's bunch.

Anonymous

Neseraph should have listened.  Vivante wasn't sure how the potassium in that yellow fruit was enough to sustain Neseraph well enough to carry two people such a long way.  The potassium in a steak probably would have sufficed, or at the very least, the potassium in an apple or a few rolls.  One fruit just couldn't have had that much potassium.  

He shook his head slowly when Neseraph once again got smacked.  "In-Serah, one day when we get some time, you are going to have to teach me your slap method."

There.  It was out.  Finally.

Vivante almost felt like sighed with relief, but resisted on account of it looking a bit too odd.

Anonymous

Mariam and Leon, with their rides in tow, came upon the group now. They were just in time to witness yet another slap delivered across Neseraph's face, this time because of a 'big, fat steak'.
"Do you even have any feeling left you in your cheeks, hun?" Mariam asked out of sheer curiosity.
Then Vivante's question came out, and Insera was very obliging. "I can teach you right now. Whenever Neseraph says something stupid, go ahead and slap the taste from his mouth."
"Something stupid?" Neseraph challenged with a grin.
Insera crossed her eyes, then prompted, "Practice anytime you please, Vivante. Maybe our combined effort will beat some manners into dear Neseraph."
"Viv wouldn't hit me!" said Neseraph as he threw an arm around him. "We're best buds! Ain't that right, Viv?"

Zekial, meanwhile, seemed to pick up on something. Like a bloodhound on its scent, Zekial turned his head very precisely to a fixed point within the city.
"It's here, I can feel it," he spoke abruptly, causing Elial and Virtue to look his way. "And it's moving... away. We're losing ground! We have to go, the others can catch up!"
Leaving no time for discussion, the Blood Angel started off briskly into the city, prompting Virtue to call out his name, "Sir Zekial!"
Elial started after him, saying to the proxy as he passed, "We can go. Lead those who have not arrived yet to our location if you must, Virtue." Then, with a glance over his shoulder to the others gathered, the Archangel spoke, "Forward now! Time is short!"
Neseraph, Insera, Mariam, and Leon were all caught slightly offguard by the sudden motion. Nevertheless, they all started after them and followed the Blood Angel's lead. Leon, among them, couldn't shake off how strange this was, almost like living in a movie or something.

Anonymous

Norriden was the first and most eager to follow close behind Zekial. He will have to thank Morrigan, who was trailing behind Elial, later for converting Zekial as he was currently their only lead. The demonic angel soon pulled his hand out form his pocket and looked to the blindfold in his hand. He then grasped it tightly and turned his attention in front of himself, placing the blindfold back into his pocket.
Tesri barely caught sight of Zekial's movement after he had put away his two opposite sets of wings. Almost as if it were second nature, he took off after the four that already have left.
"Time to go!" Tesri's voice briskly sounded the words as he dashed by Kaité and Mariam. Kaité smirked in his fleeting direction for a moment before taking off herself.

Anonymous

For a second, Vivante wondered if In-Serah was going to smack him so he'd feel the impact.  It was how Cassandra taught.  Instead, he was offered Neseraph.  He felt that was a good enough substitute, since he'd seen enough Neseraph reactions from In-Serah's slapping.

When Neseraph threw an arm around his shoulders, he looked at him and would have nodded, but it wasn't exactly true.  "We are... buds, Neseraph.  But, if you say something stupid directed at me, I will have to practice.  Will you let me know if I am getting close to In-Serah's ability."

Vivante, his attention currently focused on Neseraph and co. was also taken back when the hunt started.  He moved when the group did, his hand moving down to his hip, where no sword currently hung, out of habit.  Vivante stuck the hand inside the pocket of his black coat and grabbed hold of the seatbelt.  It was a poor substitute for his sword, but at least it was something.

Anonymous

Seethe ran through the city, avoiding the crowds and taking the alleys and rooftops where ever possible for speed. He had no doubt that Pharzu did not abandon his comms device, to spy on any possible transmissions between the team. Knowing this, Seethe ordered no radio talk and had Reese do his techie stuff to his own comms device. Reese spat out a whole bunch of lingo, but in the end he made it so Seethe's own comms device hummed louder and louder as he closed in another one. Since A.J. and Reese were off in the other direction, it worked like a homing beacon right onto Pharzu's position.
He could only hope that the son-of-a-bitch didn't see it coming, so he could savor the look of surprise on his face.
Seethe kept up his pace down another street, as his comms device began to hum.

As they pushed deeper and deeper into Reajh, Zekial never turned his sight off of a fixed point approximately in front of them. It was as if he could see nothing but the sword, so far away.
The Blood Angel led them down a main street in the city, and it seemed like the further into the city they progressed, the more crowded and busy it became. The traffic of the streets boiled down to one side of the street going one way, and the other side going the opposite direction. Sometimes, the traffic of people forced the group to proceed in single file simply to pass by.
The mid-morning sun shone brightly down onto the Earth from the blue, cloudless sky. Merchants who did not own stores of their own barked their wares from behind their push carts. Shops on both sides of the street seemed to have a steady stream of customers coming in and going out. Citizens congregated around displays of talent, whether it be playing music, juggling, or various dancing. There was the constant ambience of conversations, children playing, laughing, advertisements of merchandise, and the occasional argument. Here and there, Connlaothian guardsman either patrolled up and down the streets or kept a watchful eye on things from a static post.
All and all, Reajh seemed especially alive today.
"Holy shit, I'm glad we got our bloodhound here hot on the trail," said Neseraph, making sure he had sight of the back of Zekial's head.
"Well, at least he has some use..." was the best credit Insera could offer, though she spoke it quite bitterly.
As the crowd got thick again, Neseraph looked over his shoulder and spoke to those behind him, "Stay close." He happened to catch a glimpse of Vivante when he did, and -- was that a seatbelt?? He gave Viv a puzzled look, but then laughed it off. Must've been a souvenir.
"Hold on to my hand," Mariam advised Leon, but didn't really leave him a choice as she took his hand nonetheless.
"Oh shit! Sorry!" Leon apologized as he accidently bumped into somebody due to his lack of attention. He was quickly guided back on course by Mariam.
Elial, up front with Zekial, scanned left and right to keep aware of what was ahead of them. For the longest while, there was nothing of any particular significance, and it seemed impossible to spot a small child among the massive crowd.
Then, he saw something that stood out slightly. He couldn't tell if it was of any importance from the distance, but it seemed to be a small procession of some sort. A group of men in dark suits and coats seemed to be heading in their direction.

"Hurry up!" A.J. called out to her human partner.
When Reese caught up to her side panting, he retorted to the elf, "Sorry if I'm not as goddamn fast as you, ok?"
She stifled a smug laugh, then encouraged as they sped off again, "Come on!"
The two knew they didn't have much time: Telarn and his entourage were sure to have left the estate and were well on their way by now. Their best, impromptu plan was to intercept him and force him to get to cover indoors.
They ran through alley after alley, only crossing the busy streets whenever it was absolutely necessary. Reese had an approximate idea of the path Telarn was going to take, and the two moved into a course to catch him about mid-way.
"Here!" announced Reese as the two emerged from the alleyway between two buildings, into one of the busiest streets yet.
"Damn, damn, damn!" Ayria cursed nervously as both of them scanned up and down the street for a sign of the drug lord and his procession.
After another couple seconds, they locked onto him: Telarn, leading the group of men in dark suits and coats. Both Ayria and Reese started running at them, pushing past every citizen in their way, waving their arms and trying to yell over the general commotion to get his attention.

"Don't move," said Seethe after he kicked up the door to the roof of the building, aiming his silenced pistol at the back of Pharzu's head.
And Pharzu, standing at the edge of the roof with one hand underneath a cloth sheet that hid something from view, didn't turn around to reply, "A matter of time, I suppose. But, you cannot stop what is going to happen this day."
"What do you think you're doing, Pharzu?" asked Seethe, taking a step closer but remaining weary of whatever surprises the other demon was hiding under the sheet. "Betraying the Hellsend? You're damned right you'd end up dead."
"Not entirely," Pharzu said as he looked over his shoulder back at him. "I've merely switched paymasters. Mother offered me more than Hellsend ever could for my services, and I gladly pledged them."
"The broad?" Seethe scoffed. "You dumb fuck."
Pharzu merely smirked. "She is something more than you could ever imagine. A plan has been set forth into motion today, and I am only one small part. I have had my part in her plan even before we were a team in Hellsend. You've only stumbled in to take the fall..."
Seethe grinded his teeth; he wanted to shoot the bastard, but he knew that Pharzu was withholding information that he would definitely need to survive in the future. He asked only once, "Master Zar didn't call in the hit on the girl. Who did??"
Pharzu laughed a little, then answered strategically, "The answer might surprise you, Seethe. And the girl? Taylor was never meant to be killed. Her name was used simply to draw attention away from the true target..."
Seethe scowled and said, "Telarn-"
And that's when Pharzu pulled the trigger.

A distant crackle echoed out, a crackle that sounded like a gunshot.
Then Telarn Blackbride, only about fourty feet in front of Alexian's group, stumbled back. A great splatter of blood flew up from the man's head, and he collapsed to his side.
It only took a few seconds for the panic to spread like wildfire among the immediate crowd in the area. Terrified screams began to ring out all around the assassinated man, and people started to scatter and run in every direction, creating even more chaos.
Telarn's bodyguards, taken completely by surprise, nonetheless acted as quickly as they could. Half of them grabbed Telarn's red-haired, shrieking daughter Taylor to get her away from the scene and the sight of her dead father. The other half scrambled to try and get Telarn's body amid the chaos of the panicked crowd.

Anonymous

Reajh was much larger than Norriden could imagine. It seemed bigger than his home city, Arca. The numerous people on the streets only added to the observation. Norriden stayed practically next to Elial as they sped behind Zekial. Morrigan trailed behind the two of them, with Tesri catching up to her. Kaité and the rest fell closely behind.
The distant crackle of a gunshot caused a good half of the group to stop in their tracks. Norriden was the first to catch sight of the fallen man. Though his attention was drawn more to the sight of the young red haired woman being pulled away from the scene. He could feel her presence, however dim it may be. Nonetheless, the girl had a striking resemblance.
"Nazune!!" Norriden suddenly yelled out as he quickly diverted course to rush in the young woman's direction.
"Norriden, wait!" Morrigan called out to the demonic angel, but to no avail as the panicked crowd engulfed the path between herself and Norriden. Tesri realized what was going on and quickly turned to the rest behind him.
"Scatter with the crowd, or else we'd be left as the center of attention. Meet back at a nearby alley on the left side of the street." After Tesri threw out his idealistic opinion, he passed by Morrigan and Elial and placed a hand upon Zekial's shoulder.
"That goes for you too."

Doji and Noubohri finally arrived to the clearing on the outskirts of the city of Reajh, where Virtue awaited them. Given the emptiness of the area, they both assumed the others were already on the move. With that in mind, they didn't bother saying anything to Virtue. In fact, they didn't have any time to before a very distant crackle of a gunshot could faintly be heard.
"Oh, no!" Noubohri gasped to himself before he launched himself off the ground in a single step to dash towards the sound. Not giving her attendants much time to land and recover, Doji took off after her love. They both retracted their wings as they moved towards the city.

Anonymous

Reajh was certainly different from most of the cities Vivante was used to.  The guards were one of the first things that really caught his eye.  They had metal crossbows, nothing like In-Serah's but they were definitely somewhere in the same class and they didn't wear armor.  There wasn't a single sign of magic use anywhere, no mages among the street performers, no shops selling the strange things they needed for their magic.

There were also a good deal of attractive red-heads strolling around, most of the younger ones in sleeveless dresses of light cloth that barely hit the knee and bounced with every step.  Nazune had red hair.  What better place to hide a red haired girl than a place where you could encounter a dozen just walking down the street.

BANG!

Vivante gave the party a quick once over, ultimately futile since some of them immediately began running off.  He stuck close to In-Serah, ready to back her up or take orders as necessary.

Thanks to Zaphikel, Satrina spent most of the flight from Ketra to Reajh talking to herself, or at least appearing to do so.  Zaphikel wouldn't let her get away with ignoring him, said he needed to talk to someone or he'd fall asleep and drop out of the sky and since telepathy required more concentration could he just telepath everything?  Wrathful Heavens... he didn't seem concerned about the potential for her looking crazy to Doji and the Archangel, they weren't going to pay them any attention.

So Satrina talked to herself.  The conversation started at what she was so upset about in Ketra, then became a quick discussion about The Name, musing about demons in general, horrible failures of attendants, restaurants around Providence that were going to be missed, why coffee was God's greatest creation (according to Zaphikel), why butter soft suede leather was God's true greatest creation (according to Satrina), then Satrina asked Z if he ever did the old in-and-out with anyone before.  Zaphikel nearly fell out of the sky, but they were getting close to Reajh anyway, so it was about time to start heading in that direction.

She considered it suitable revenge.

They barely got a chance to land before Noubohri was scurrying off toward the city, with Doji hot on his heels.  Satrina's wings vanished as soon as her feet were on the ground and Zaphikel's began sinking into his shoulders before he even landed.  Both raced to flank Doji, Satrina's stilettos ripping clods of grass from the clearing.

The sound of the gunshot brought a smile to the face of a dark-haired captain a street over.  Finally, there was some action.

Anonymous

"Die!" hissed Seethe as he took his opening shot-
Pharzu threw the cloth sheet that was hiding the Connlaothian rifle at Seethe, temporarily obscuring his movements. Seethe swatted the sheet out of his line of sight just in time to see Pharzu's arm slip over the edge of the building. The other demon was apparently making a run for it.
Seethe sprinted in a no-holds-barred fashion and simply launched himself off of the building after Pharzu, clicking his comms device as he did. He knew that the traitorous demon would be able to hear the transmission, but he had no other choice. "Reese! A.J.! Telarn is down! Pharzu is makin' a run for it, heading west! Cut him off!"
Seethe raised his weapon to take another shot, but Pharzu quickly slipped into a confused crowd of people. He lowered his arm, then dashed after him again.
Reese came back over the comms, "Yeah! We saw! It's a fuckin' mess down here! We're haulin' ass outta here!"
He only hoped they could intercept Pharzu in time; it was right about time for some solid answers to this whole conspiracy, and Seethe planned on getting them.

Although Zekial was irritated about the whole situation, and the fact that Norriden was heading in the right direction toward the sword, he resolved that this road would probably have more tricks ahead to slow their progress. A detour would be needed, if not necessary to get to the sword in time. Without a word, the Blood Angel started to forcefully push his way through the panicked crowd to at least get to the left side of the street.
The others, though, were unable to hear Tesri over the loud screams and commotion of the frightened crowd, but Leon had a similar, if not more simplistic, plan. "We gotta get outta here!" he yelled.
"Come on! Don't let go!" said Mariam, holding fiercing onto the boy's hand. She looked over her shoulder to see Insera and Neseraph getting bumped around by the crowd, but trying to make their way in her direction. "This way!" she called out to them before a citizen slammed into her, almost knocking her down when he passed by.
Neseraph managed to throw one of his hands onto Insera's shoulder, then yelled loud enough for her to hear, "I'll catch up with you! I saw something!"
And Insera, in the haste the situation called for, allowed herself to trust his judgement. "Alright then! Go!" Then, to Vivante, who had his eyes locked onto her, "Vivante! Follow me!"
With that, Neseraph turned and disappeared into the crowd in the other direction, while Insera continued to the side of the street Mariam was trying to get to.
And Mariam was once again slammed into, this time by a bigger man than the last, and in that moment her grip loosened. She felt Leon's hand slip out of her's and heard the boy call out in a profanity-filled panic as he was swept away. "LEON!!!" She cried out, looking and moving desperately in the direction she thought he was dragged away in.

Elial watched in horror as Telarn was killed -- it had begun. The curtains of Mother's newest stageplay were opened, and Telarn was the first scene; the game was well under way.
Which was all the more reason and drive to end it now, before too much calamity could ensue. Elial pushed forward along with Norriden, his strength and large body frame causing those civilians who tried to push past him bounce off to the side. Telarn obviously had some importance in the play, and the Archangel was intent on finding out what it was-
When the sounds of the world quickly dimmed around him. In addition, much of his strength was sapped out of his body, forcing him to haphazardly go down to one knee.

Patience, dear Elial... Wait and watch the grand symphony I have composed. Mayhap, it is even bolder than your own, not so long ago...
Then, in addition to Mother's voice, Alexian's entered his mind, but she didn't speak to him:
Do not dare to speak with Elial, wretch! Rest assured, we will eventually come to you and put an end to your ways! But for now, BEGONE!
After a polite, little laugh, Mother talked again in the forum of Elial's mind:
Alexiannastraziel... my friend, after all of this time, you bring me only spite and harsh words? Will you allow our friendship to wither over this, a simple misunderstanding?
There is nothing to be misunderstood, old friend. You killed the man I loved, and our daughter in nothing more than cold blood. You may believe your actions to be noble and good, but your views are terribly flawed and your mind is gravely sick. You have misused and abused the powers that Upper Heaven granted you, and you have become nothing more than a murderer.
I expected you to believe that way, Alexian... just as all the others who do not see the beauty in the things I do. I have murdered not one soul, Alexian... and you above all others should know this to be true. But, if you so insist, shall we speak of true atrocities committed by a High Seraphim? Shall we speak of what you did to Hadrien and Perdieus? What would you like to call that, my friend...?
And Elial was powerless to intervene in the verbal war between Mother and Alexian, raging in his mind.

Telarn's body acted as the eye to the storm, as the citizens and bystanders all quickly scrambled out of the immediate area, and eventually as far away as they could. The bodyguards managed to get Telarn's daughter to one side of the street, but she slipped free of their grasp and started to run back across the clearing toward her fallen father.
"Daddy! Daddy, no!!" Taylor cried out hysterically as she ran, the four bodyguards chasing after her. Two of the four that were picking up his body turned around to intercept the girl when she got close-
BANG!!
One gunshot rang out, then another. One of the bodyguards picking up Telarn's body fell, shot dead in the center of his chest. The shots seemed to be coming from inside one of the buildings, and the bodyguards all assumed it was the work of a rival drug lord's hitmen. So the remaining three bodyguards on pick-up detail all pulled out their short barrel rifles and fired with blatant disregard in the direction of Alexian's group and the greater portion of the panicked crowd, to where they thought the other shots came from. A couple civilians collapsed, catching bullets in the back from the wild shots.
BANG!! BANG!!
More gunfire, but this time directed at Taylor. She stumbled and fell down to the ground as the bullets struck the street where she ran, curling up and screaming in terror. The four bodyguards chasing her caught up and formed a shield around her, returning fire to a building's open window where they had spotted someone. Whether or not he was the assailant, they all fired with the same disregard to collateral damage as the other three.
The scene seemed to turning into a warzone.

Anonymous

Hell was breaking loose and not just because of one man being slain. Shots were being fired. Norriden's cheek was grazed by a stray bullet as he trudged his way through the crowd. It didn't seem to affect him. Seeing that the bodyguards decided to surround Nazune's lookalike and make things a little more difficult, Norriden had no choice.
He leaped up to pass over the remaining crowd and landed between two of the bodyguards. Without any hesitation, the demonic angel threw his cloak off at the two bodyguards across from Taylor's form to disorient them. He then threw his freakish wings out to the sides of himself to catch the other two off guard. Once they were taken care of, he quickly scooped Taylor into his arms and leaped off the street again. This time, he used his wings to propel himself into the sky. He wasn't taking any chances.

Tesri cursed to himself when he saw his elder brother take to the sky with Taylor. That was a sure way to make himself known and that was exactly what they didn't want or need. He watched from the side alley he made it too as Kaité approached him from the street. Morrigan waved at Zekial from Tesri's side as she noticed him making his way towards the alley, merely to get his attention.
"Where are the others?" Tesri asked as he scanned the crowd. Kaité began to scan the area after he had brought it up.
"There's Mariam!" Kaité announced, pointing off into the midst of people.
"Stay here, I'll get her." Tesri noted before he started to barrel through the crowd in the woman's direction.

Noubohri ignored the multitude of civilians, running in the opposite direction of himself, but Doji took note of it. It was obvious, whatever it was that was happening, Norriden and the others may have some form of involvement in it. She hoped that nothing bad has happened.
"That can't be good." Noubohri thought out loud, causing Doji to look where he was looking. Norriden could be seen, off in the distance, flying straight up. He seemed to have someone in his arms, but they were too far off to tell. The team was separated again.

Anonymous

Vivante stayed at Neseraph and In-Serah's heels as best he could, with the crowd surging all around them.  With so many people rushing around, it was easier to just keep his eyes on the two of them, rather than watching the crowd moving against them, he'd lose Neseraph and In-Serah trying to stay out of their way.

He couldn't hear Neseraph above the crowd, but saw him slip into the crowd and began watching In-Serah closely, if this wasn't right she would do something about it.  Apparently, Neseraph disappearing was right, she just wanted him to follow her.  He kept close to her, to keep anyone from the crowd from wriggling between them.

Stampeding mortals were never a good thing.  Satrina, run in back of Doji, in case the crowd starts to push her back.

Satrina nodded, falling back a few paces so she was behind Doji and keeping her head down.  The last time she had business in Connlaoth, Satrina almost had a row with some of its guardsmen.  Her tattoos and abundant piercings didn't go over with them well, and while she doubted any guards would stop and look at her in particular, she didn't feel like pushing her luck.  She only hoped that Z didn't attract any unneeded attention, with his long hair and flowing coat.

A trio of guards, trying to hurry toward the epicenter of the panic to start damage control, stopped and stared when something launched itself up into the sky.  A winged man and he had an accomplice, or a hostage.  The lowest ranking of the three's jaw dropped.  The highest ranking of the three, a Guard Class dtús with one month's seniority over the other amongst them, lifted his rifle and awkwardly braced it against his shoulder, hoping the other two would follow along.

Then, his hopes were answered when a Dragoon dropped from the sky (had he been on the roof?) in front of him.  A Captain at that!  He pulled a pistol and aimed it up at the winged man, saying crisply: "On my mark!"  The order was just the ticket for the young guards, who lifted their rifles in the air in what could have been a fluid motion if it was practiced enough.

"Fire!"  The pistol flashed as it fired, and the rifles added their own booms to it soon after.

Captain Tearshed aimed for a wing, hoping the guardsmen behind him would either hit the civilian or wound the flying mage.  What fun was there in hunting magic users if there was no chase?

Anonymous

The four bodyguards around Taylor were all taken by surprise, and the other three by Telarn's body watched in awe as Norriden took to the sky with the girl. They didn't dare to fire, lest they hit her accidentally.
But the assailant inside the building had no such scruples; the rifle emerged from the window again, and opened fire on Norriden and Taylor just like Captain Tearshed and his group. Other flashes of gunfire could be seen and heard around the area, as the Reajh guardsmen and military all took aim and attempted to blast the easily visible target out of their sky.

Insera caught sight of both Elial kneeling on the ground, and Norriden soaring into the air. Absolutely useless, both of them, she thought. When the gunshots rang out again, she heard some of them from behind herself. Turning around, she noticed the barrel of the rifle sticking out of the second floor window of a building, inconveniently located on the side of the street she wasn't currently trying to get to.
To hell with inconvenience! They had bloody Zekial on that side of the street, they would be fine trying to get to the sword. Whoever it was shooting from that building probably had a part in the chaotic mess that was happening. Maybe that was what Neseraph noticed, maybe not, but she had to make sure.
So, she did what she thought would be the fastest way to skin a cat. Insera grabbed Vivante and made him look up at the building, just as the rifle slid back into the window, pointed, and yelled into his ear, "Go get them, Vivante!!"
With that, Insera herself started toward that end of the street, away from Zekial's group. She pulled out a pistol and roughly shoved any citizen that hindered her progress.

Kael dropped the rifle and headed briskly down the stairs of the building. He was the assailant from the building, and his first part in the play was done. Now it was time for the big follow-up.
The hooded man exited the empty house through the back door, safely away from the bigger bulk of the chaos the front door, and hence, the main street would have afforded him. He reached into his pocket, feeling the device he was looking for.

Mother once again spoke in the medium of Elial's mind, when it was clear that Alexian had nothing to say to her last round of words:

My dear friend... Alexian... can you honestly not see what I have done here? Everything that I have put into place, everything that I prepared, is all for one reason and one purpose. And it is a beautiful purpose.
Just think for a moment, Alexian... the light is brightest when the shadow is darkest. How can there be triumph if there is no struggle? That is the gift I offer, and the burden I bear-

Stop! Just stop! Mother... Elizabeth, listen to me! What you have done here is not beautiful. But, your eyes cannot see that; you cannot see that it is horrible, ugly, and devastating. Before more innocents have to suffer and perish on part of your twisted vision, I implore you to cease everything!
There was a brief moment of silence, then:
"Elial..." said Mother.
The Archangel could hear her perfectly over the chaos of everything. He turned his head to his left, seeing the avatar of Mother herself sitting at the table of an outside diner; she had been overlooking the entire scene the whole time. She smiled when they made eye contact, and finished her sentence, "Remember who returned your life to you, and who merely wept on your dead body..."
After a little wave, Mother was engulfed in a giant, orange fireball.

[center:2m48tra9]BOOM!!![/center:2m48tra9]

The whole diner blew up in a huge explosion. A massive shockwave knocked down much of the crowd still anywhere near Telarn's body; the remaining bodyguards were all launched across the street, missing various body parts.
Mariam was one of those knocked down by the blastwave, and she ended up on the bottom of the human dominoes. She gritted her teeth and pulled her way out, at least enough to get fresh air. The rest of crowd had similar difficulties trying to get back onto their feet, but slowly the citizens were doing so and continuing to move away from the area.
"Shit!" Zekial couldn't help but to swear when the massive explosion rocked the two buildings that made up the alley he, Morrigan, Kaite, and Tesri were in, bracing himself somewhat. Nonetheless, he felt it prudent to mention once again, "We can't stay here! We have to keep moving! The sword is down this street, but we're losing time to this -- distraction!"

It took Taylor a couple seconds to realize what exactly had just happened, but when she did and she made eye contact with Norriden with her slightly luminous red eyes, she screamed again in absolute fright. She flailed around in his grasp, haphazardly trying to free herself with total disregard to their height above solid ground. She beat on his chest as hard as she could, yelling at him, "Who are you!? What're you doing with me! Put me down! Put me down!! Help! Someone help!"
Then she heard a bullet zip by, then another. She also heard gunshots, and realized then that this was not the help she wanted: They were getting shot at!
The explosion made her ears ring and made her actually clutch onto Norriden fearfully. She wanted it all to end, this whole nightmare of a day. She wanted to rewind the clock, repent her sins that might have caused this, do something to-
Taylor felt something rip into the side of her neck, then a copious warm and wet feeling running down it and onto her shoulders. She touched the side of her neck with her hand incredulously, then looked at it to see it turned completely red with her blood.
One of the bullets from below grazed deeply into and out of her neck.

Anonymous

Norriden wasn't surprised when he felt the initial clip of a bullet to the wing. It landed true and he struggled temporarily. When the rest of the barrage arrived to the demonic angel, he was braced and ready. He took hits here and there, but shielded Taylor as best he could. He disregarded her little outburst as he expected it. When the diner below exploded, Norriden suddenly knew this was all Mother's doing. It all made sense. Nazune's body being there only threw in the connecting piece to the puzzle.
The bullets suddenly stopped punching holes into Norriden. Even though he was already filled with a bit of lead, Norriden was very grateful of the green bubble around himself and the girl in his arms. When he felt the warm and wet sensation hit his hand, Norriden's eyes widened. He looked towards Taylor to see the deadly hole in her neck and automatically knew of the worst. There was no time to wait or try and land in the city that was in a great state of alert. He had to make a break for the forest cover. With as much energy as he could muster, he forced his damaged wings to carry him in the direction of the forest.

Kaité watched in horror as the guards and even unknown assailants began firing at Norriden. Before she could do anything about it, the diner across the street went up in a sudden explosion. The green haired angel snapped out of her brief daze when Zekial swore out loud. Knowing the consequences of lost time, she quickly brought her hands up and they began to dimly glow light green.
Morrigan brought herself between Kaité and any view of her into the alley from the streets. She knew exactly what she was doing and there was no way she would let it catch the eye of an anti-magic bystander. They didn't need that for the time being. Morrigan nodded to Zekial when he spoke up and she turned around to grab Kaité's wrist.
"He should be fine for now. You've done what you could." The scandalous looking woman noted, receiving a nod from the green haired angel.

Tesri was thrown quite off guard when the explosion buried Mariam. Seeing that she was alright and trying to get out from under the civilians, he proceeded forward. Without a moment's thought, he reached into the mass of human and grabbed Mariam by the wrist to pull her out from under them.
"Are you alright?" He asked, leaving only a brief moment between words, "Where's Leon?"

Noubohri couldn't do anything as he watched Norriden get shot at. It would have been a risk to blow his and Doji's cover as well. He gritted his teeth as the explosion engulfed the area ahead, but felt a bit of relief when Kaité's bubble began protecting Norriden. After a short span of time, the green bubble that encased Norriden, sped by overhead, heading back towards where Virtue used to be. Noubohri turned to Doji, making eye contact.
"Go find the others, make sure they are alright. I'm going to help Norriden." The Archangel announced and waited to receive a nod from Doji. As if it were their last moments together, he pressed his lips upon Doji's own for a time. With that passed, he turned to the way they came and raced passed the attendants. Doji took a deep breath before moving forward.

Anonymous

There were so many metal crossbows going off now, blasting from all around them.  Stopping now to look around for signs of distress from other members of the team would probably mean losing In-Serah.  They had a rally point, they'd just have to see if anyone didn't show up within a reasonable amount of time.

He kept his eyes on In-Serah.  Was she trying to look for Neseraph?  It really wasn't the time... He was about to shout out to her.  Tell her to keep moving forward they could find Neseraph again, when In-Serah grabbed him, aiming his eyes up at building behind them.

A building with the nose of a metal crossbow sticking from a window.

A little protest bubbled through his head after In-Serah ordered him after the crossbowman.  It popped soon after.  If In-Serah said that they should split up to get this crossbowman, that was how it should be.  There was a rally point.  He could get to it as sure as anyone else that wasn't injured.

Vivante swept through the crowd, twisting and weaving to get around the individual people.  It was a lot easier to move now that he was on his own.  Once he was at the side of the building he looked for something to help him get up the building.

And was slammed to his knees by a scorching wind after an explosion.  Vivante pushed himself to his feet, ignoring the throbbing from yesterday's knife wound and the ache in his legs.  He pulled himself up a merchant's stand close enough to the building and jumped for the windowsill.  He practically landed on the windowsill, rolling forward once he hit it to drop himself into the room.

The empty room.

Zaphikel was fast figuring out that explosions had roughly the same effect on a tired body as a shot of espresso.   He peeked over his shoulder for a second to see Satrina grinning ear to ear.

It nearly jolted all the adrenaline out of his system.  Satrina... that isn't really appropriate.

Killjoy.  Satrina wasn't going to let Z's non-Malakhim sensibilities ruin her mood.  Knowing they might get themselves into a scrap would be just the thing to get over yet another promising failure.  She almost couldn't believe she thought attending a demon could be boring... Though, to be fair, it was definitely the company Doji was keeping.  Now if only there was something that would perk Zaphikel up, he wasn't looking too good.  Especially seeing Doji and Noubohri swap spit.  Here she thought he'd be alright seeing something as tame and innocent as a kiss.  Satrina rolled her eyes before trotting after Doji again.

The hell was up with all the explosions lately!  Captain Tearshed looked over his shoulder long enough to think 'well at least it wasn't as big as the last one' before feeling the slightest bit embarrassed by the thought and turning back to the winged man.  Who'd thrown up a magic shield around himself to prevent being injured in the explosion.

It was a good thing the explosion rocked the guardsmen off balance or they would probably cut to wasting good ammunition to see if that ball of light did anything other than look funny.  "Stay your ground," he barked.

Aaaaw and now the winged man was retreating.  He was too damn fast.  Where there was one, there had to be others though.  Tearshed dived back into the disorientated crowd towards the explosion and looked around, loading another round into his pistol.

Anonymous

Reese and A.J. kept barrelling through the city, taking the paths of least resistance and fewest people whenever possible. They did their best to follow Seethe's second-by-second relays of Pharzu's direction, having to backtrack once already to get back onto an approximate collision course with the traitor. More than once, A.J. argued with Reese on the best route to take, stressing that she knew Reajh much better than he did, and lost precious seconds because of it.
However, in this particular back alley when they stopped momentarily to argue once again, something struck both of them from behind simultaneously, knocking the two to the ground. And, pinning them down by the backs of their necks, was Neseraph.
"I got one question to ask you gents," said Neseraph, while A.J. scoffed insultedly at being called a 'gent', "Why were you tryin' to wave down that guy just before he got shot?"
Reese managed to turn his head around and see who assaulted and questioned them, "What the -- Neseraph??"
He blinked, taken aback. "Reese?"
"The fuck you doin' here man??" the dark man asked, almost as incredulous as Neseraph was at the moment.
"Well, that depends," he replied with a grin.
Ayria rolled her eyes and managed to turn her head and look at Reese, not too surprised that Reese knew their assailant, "Are you two done kissing?"
"Almost, blondie," then, to Reese, Neseraph asked again after increasing the downward pressure on their necks, "So, wanna tell me what the Hellsend's doin' here? And how you apparently knew about the attack? Or were you and your girlfriend smoochin' and just so happened to be good samaritans?"
A.J. looked supremely wronged as Reese, with time hot on his mind, was quick to answer, "We were fuckin' betrayed! Pharzu, one of our own, sold out to some broad called Mother. He shot that guy, and we're trying to catch his ass so we can fry 'em so let us go!"
Neseraph felt like he just walked onto some railway tracks and got hit by an invisible train; it made sense somehow, but he completely did not see it coming at all. "Well, shit, which way did he go?"
"You gonna help?? I thought you were rogue??" Reese asked quickly.
"Let's just say me and some friends got beef with Mother too. Well, let's go!!" He effortlessly picked both of the Hellsends up and planted them back on their feet, starting after them as they led the way according to the everchanging instructions. Neseraph hoped the others would be able to get the sword, and figured he help throw a monkey wrench into Mother's plans by taking down this Phazru character. He also wondered how Insera was doing, back there in the chaos.

Elial managed to open his eyes and survey his surroundings: Telarn's body was a several feet to his left, as was the destroyed diner, and the mangled bodyguards were plastered up against the front of shop to his right. He was in the epicenter of the chaos; for at least fourty feet all around him, every soul had deserted the area. He was out there, alone and in the middle of the stage.
And just as he tried to stand, Mother spoke again in his mind, and her very words forced him back down to one knee. But, again, it was not him she spoke to:

Alexian, I am very disappointed...
You should be, Mother. Your 'grand symphony' is falling apart.
No, Alexian... not yet. Norriden has taken the most important player out of the spotlight, and you will get her back for me.
Never.
Look, Elial, and show her what lies behind you...
The Archangel slowly managed to turn his head around and look behind himself. Some distance away was the line between the no-man's-land and the edge of crowd. Some finally stopped to watch how things would play out, but most were still trying to get further away lest things get worse. Among them he spotted Mariam and Tesri towards the edge.
There, that building to your right, Elial, by the innocents. Do you see it too, Alexian? That building will be reduced to rubble too, just as this diner was, and some hundred innocents will surely perish along with it. However, it does not have to be that way, Alexian... not if you get my daughter back to this location.
You - sick - MONSTER!! HOW DARE YOU!? Alexian roared in Elial's mind, infuriated and distraught at the same time.
It is no longer my decision to make... it is your's, Alexian. You can choose to steal my daughter away from her destiny and let a score of innocents die for that... or you can simply return my daughter, now. Will you let them become disposable tools for you, Alexian, as you have so many others? Make haste... you have less than a minute's time.
Do not do this, Mother! DO NOT DO THIS!
But there was no reply. Her presence left Elial, as he could hear the sounds of the world return to him and feel his strength soundly return. The Archangel wasted no time, and began running at full speed toward the dangerous building, praying he had the speed to make it in time. He simply could not allow all of those innocent people to die over this, and if he had to sacrifice his already lost life in their defense, then so be it.

Mariam yelped in mild surprise as she was pulled back up from the masses, but quickly realized it was a friend. She looked around frantically, then explained loudly over the commotion, "I don't know! We got seperated, but he has to be close! Help me find him!" She started to push her way into the crowd, calling out as she went, "Leon! Leon! Where are you!? We're coming for you!"
She didn't notice Elial, still far off, running in her general direction.

Good. Vivante was putting some of that ridiculous agility of his to good use, and went straight up into the window in question. Insera figured that there might be a back door, and with Vivante chasing the mystery assailant from behind, they could both close in and trap him.
When Insera finally slipped into the alley along the side of the building, she hurried down the path with her handgun up and in front of her. The weapon led the way around the corner as well when she whipped around it-
And saw a hooded man there in all black clothing, holding some kind of device just after the explosion went off! There were no coincidences.
"Here!" Insera shouted in the hopes of getting Vivante's attention from inside the house. Just as Kael looked up and saw he might be compromised, he bolted down the back door alley away from her. She squeezed off a few shots to chase after him, but he was too quick and managed to disappear around another corner, heading toward a calmer street in the city.
"You there! Stop!"
Insera looked down the alley from where she came, and saw two Connlaothian guardsmen there, pointing their rifles at her. As luck would have it, they only saw her firing off rounds and assumed her to be hostile. The last thing she needed right now was to be on the law of the land's bad side, but there it was, and chances were that they'd try and summon more of their comrades. The only choice was to try and lose them.
"Oh, bloody hell!" She hissed to herself as she took off, half in pursuit of the hooded man, half running from the Reajh guardsmen chasing after her. She also had no idea how Vivante would work into this tricky situation.

Once the green light was given by Morrigan, Zekial wasted no time. Since he was loathe to try and cross the open area around Telarn's body, and because the alley they were in was an eventually dead end, the Blood Angel quickly scaled the wall and got onto the roof. It would probably be quicker this way too, simply jumping from rooftop to rooftop instead of trying to navigate the now panicked traffic on the streets below. But, before he started running to complete his first jump, he noticed Elial down below, seemingly sprinting toward the crowd.
"What's he-?" But Zekial didn't finish his sentence, once he assumed that the Archangel might just be going to where they once were in the alleyway, or toward Mariam and Tesri. He must have had a good reason.
The Blood Angel resigned to leave Elial to his own devices, and made the first jump across the gap between structures. The sword was still approximately straight ahead, and that's where he was heading, in an attempt to make up for lost time.

As Norriden was flying, the voice of Alexian rang in his head. She sounded frustrated, worried, rushed, angry, nervous, and concerned all at the same time:

Norriden, we have no time so listen well! There is another bomb in the city, and Mother is threatening to use it to kill many, many innocent people if the girl you have taken is not returned to where she was this instant. This is not negotiable Norriden, so please, I implore you to turn back now, or I will have to take the matter into my own hands.
Taylor wanted to scream, but she was too deathly afraid. Only faint whispers escaped her mouth. Her skin was cold, clamly, and pale, and she shivered slightly in his arms.

Anonymous

Norriden continued forward when Alexian started to speak. It almost seemed like he was ignoring her. The life of the one that holds his heart was in his arms and he couldn't let go. Hearing Alexian's threat got his attention.
"Listen, Alex. If I turn back now, Nazune will die. She was mortally wounded in that slim escape back there and I am the only one that can save her now. I'm just as infuriated with Mother as you are and you are going to have to trust everyone's judgment. I can tell from my standpoint that everyone is trying their hardest as we collaborate together to press back at Mother's will. Finding Nazune was a coincidental chance and freeing her from Mother's grasp is but a step away. Please don't allow Mother you break you down. Trust us." Norriden's explanation came from deep within his heart and his face couldn't be anymore sincere. The edge of the city was very near and Noubohri was becoming nearer.

Tesri was about to assist Mariam in searching for Leon when he spotted the approaching Archangel. He seemed to be in a hurry. Tesri placed his hand upon Mariam's shoulder to get her attention and before he could mutter a word, a very large man flew back from out of the crowd. This took Tesri by surprise. He looked in the direction from where the man came from and spotted Rosa, making her way through the crowd by shoving bystanders out of her way with her metallic arm, while holding Leon's wrist with her free hand. It didn't take long for Rosa to notice Tesri. When she did, she thought it best to make her way to him.

Once Morrigan noticed Zekial scale the wall for his course of action, she wrapped her left arm around Kaité's waist.
"Hold on." She spoke, just before she leaped up from the ground to land on the roof of the building the blood angel just scaled. She released Kaité once they were both on the roof and they both followed after Zekial.

Anonymous

Satrina and Zaphikel kept running after Doji, which became easier as the crowd thinned.

Vivante ran from the empty room and dived down the staircase.  There was no time to check each of the upstairs rooms, the rifleman had to get out eventually, so the faster he got down to the streets the better.  Once he got to the bottom of the stairs, Vivante heard In-Serah calling and ran towards the back, moving to a full sprint when he heard the metal crossbows firing.  He burst from the back door and quickly looked left and right.

On one side of the alley a pair of soldiers were running, on the other In-Serah just wheeling around the corner.  Either In-Serah saw someone that needed to be chased, or she hadn't noticed these two yet.  Vivante took off running after In-Serah, pulling the door out into the alleyway.  He skidded around the corner and ran a little faster.  It'd be better to catch up to In-Serah before he said anything to her, rather than sacrifice speed to yell and potentially startle her.

Good thing he decided to come back to the crowd.  Tearshed noticed a definite magic user racing toward the left side of the street.  Big guy, silver hair.  He was a bit too young looking for that, definitely stood out though.  Tearshed drew his pistols, aimed and fired the first one, low, down around his hips.  The second one, he aimed a little ways in front of the first shot and fired again, just in case the first didn't stop him.  Ah, who was he kidding?  The more bullets he had in him, the more of a blood trail he'd leave as he was crawling.