Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fool and I...

Started by Anonymous, March 23, 2005, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Just on the outskirts of Serendipity's village, barely still in the forest, skips a figure of the Jester sorts. Hard to believe that he skipped all the way from Connlaoth to Serendipity. His hat jingles and his short and thick dreadlocks bounce as he does so. His selection of attire really helps him stand out in a crowd. One thing that conflicts with his Foolish and homicidal path is his innocent baby blue eyes. He seems more of a Trickster than a Jester. Once he stops, he spins around to grin at his companion.
"Well, here it is. Serendipty Kingdom, the largest kingdom in this world." He notes with too much of a happy side to him.

Anonymous

Couldn't get worse, couldn't get worse . . . was what Amaris kept telling herself in the back of her mind after having watched him skip his entire path from Connloath to this kingdom that was unknown to her. But hey, what was a new adventure and being accompanied by a fool of sorts? A disaster in the making, that's what she thought it was. Another one for the book of odd events without much doubt. A never dying warrior and a jester; yes, that would fit right in. But Dante didn't know that, and Amaris had no intentions of telling him anything about herself thus far.

By now she was always dragging her sword on the ground, it was close to it. It just wasn't actually making contact with the ground. Yet anyhow. Her bare feet were slightly cut from sharp stones, a tiny blood trail leading behind her, practically vanished now. So much dirt and dust to cover the wounds. Nature's own bandages. Not sanitary, she'd admit, but better than having her feet covered in cloth of footwear. She hated them.

"So what's first? Food then a nice nap? Or does the nap come first?" She raised an eyebrow as she took a eye full of Serendipity into her mind. It was huge, she'd give it that much credit. She just wondered if word got out about Dante and her. What more fun to have more guards after them. If these ones didn't have guns, she'd deal with it. If they did, she was gone.

Anonymous

"Well, one thing is for certain. A full stomach does help the body rest. After all that excitement, I'm beat. I'm sure a quick meal would help us in the long run." Dante explains before continuing towards the village. It didn't take long for their path to turn into the village itself. Conviniently enough, the road into the village they took start off with countless restaurants and Inns with tavers for the first floor. Dante just couldn't help but smile. It's almost as if it's a massive competition for customers.
"Well, Amaris. It's customary for the female half of a date to choose the desired place to eat and for the male to pay. I got my half covered, so the rest is up to you." Dante finishes with his smile turning into a grin.

Anonymous

This whole date thing wasn't what Amaris thought it was. How was she to pick some place to eat when she didn't have the slightest clue what place was good and which wasn't? And there was no guessing and checking, correcting mistakes. It wasn't some sort of advanced math problem that she could consistantly get wrong and go back and try again. She wasn't even good with math or anything of the sort. That stuff was for the mathematicians, and was going to stay that way. This on the other hand, was something she needed to confront and win against it. What a quest; finding a good place to eat and rest.

"Well, um . . ." Swinging the sword behind her back, she held it with both hands horizontal against her shoulderblades. Her bright blue eyes took a good look around, gazing over the first few places and then turning her head back toward the Jester. Hard choice, the scents overwhelmed her. At the moment, she couldn't care what she ate so long as it was cooked and wouldn't disturb her sleep at night.

"How 'bout this place?" Amaris nodded her head toward the restaurant that her finger was pointing to from behind her shoulder. The door window was stained glass, a nice abstact design with mixed colors brought out by the light from inside. The sign swung above the door, but she didn't bother to look at it. She was more occupied by looking toward her stomach as it let out a loug rumble. Her face flushed slightly. Yeah, even she could only go so long without food.

Anonymous

Dante happily followed Amaris into the restaurant and certainly did recieve a bunch of odd looks. Must be the hat. No mater, Dante quickly found a decent table for the two of them. A waiter soon approached the table and Dante wasted no time in ordering.
"I want the largest creature on your menu and I want it rare." With the Fool's words, the waiter just stared at him in bewilderment for a moment.
"It's a carnivore thing..." Dante adds to help clear the waiter's confusion. He then turns his head to Amaris.
"What about you? What does your stomach tell you, Amaris?" Dante asks with his grin everso wide.

Anonymous

Amaris' blue tinted eyes just widened as she sat herself down in a chair across from Dante and listened to his order. Yeah, she had almost forgot there was another form he had. Had to keep that thought on the top of her head, probably couldn't be good if she forgot. She had to laugh to herself though, she did find that beastial form of his attractive; and even him himself. God, what in the hell was she thinking? She brought death to creatures like him thousands of times. What was special about this one?

She didn't want to dig into it, it'd be too bloody.

A sigh passed her lilps as her hand came to rest on the top of her stomach. Yes, she was starving for something to eat. But what she wasn't sure. Taking in a deep breath, she finally gave way to the hunger that lingered deep inside of her and grinned.

"I'll have the same," she said, giving a nod of her head to the waiter as he left and then looked back at Dante, a large grin on her face and nothing more for her to say.

Anonymous

The waiter walks away in yet more bewilderment. That pair is just too bizarre for him. With the waiter gone, Dante turns his grin into a smile.
"Ah, so you're feeling carnivorous too? What kind of carnivore are you, if you don't mind me asking?" Dante suddenly asks Amaris. Well, she at least knew his species. Perhaps it would be best to return the favor. Besides, he wanted to know more about his date. Everything he knew about her so far has greatly intrigued him. This dinner itself is just the beginning of what he has in store.

Anonymous

Amaris couldn't help but grin fiercely as she watched the waiter trot off in his bewilderment. It wasn't every day that you could go about confusing people that like and manage to still remain welcomed in the place. That was a plus for this place. Those eyes of hers darted their gaze back to Dante when he asked the question, one eyebrow slightly arched up.

What kind of carnivore was she?

She didn't even know. "Immortal," the blonde warrior replied in a very sarcastic tone. What else was there for her to say? Human? Nah, the immortal thing sounded good and would probably strike up a good conversation. Never one of her strong points to begin with unless she was threatening to chop someone's head of and put it on a pole. Heh, plus for her.

Anonymous

"Ah, Immortal... That would explain a lot. That would explain why you were so wreckless back there in the last village. You have nothing to lose, not even your life. Can't say the same for myself though, as I am not immortal. That doesn't stop me though. Death avoids me for some reason, but I'm never one to worry about it in the first place. I'd laugh in death's face if it ever came to that." Dante explains with much thought. His thought about what Amaris is have been pulled away by the Immortality topic. That doesn't explain why he just avoided that mass of guards back in Connlaoth. Is there something he's hiding? Before anymore thought could be placed into the matter, the meals arrive on time. Rather large steaks at that. Dante's face become covered with a welcoming grin.

Anonymous

A nod of her head was given as she listened to him, her eyes trailing from him to the waiter as he brought out those steaks and placed them down. Oh, what a grin that jester had on his face. He was ood, but unique. Too bad there wasn't anything to capture the smile with, and she didn't have the patience to tell him, Wait here, I need some paper, some paints and an artist. That would have sounded a little ridiculous and probably give a good laugh. But she was certain he wasn't going to wait to eat.

Her hand was so used to holding a sword it felt like an extension to her own limb, and had most definitely forgot she was still holding it when she went to bring her hand up to the table. Ah, hell. She wasn't trying to impress anyone here; she had eternity to get things down properly. But now she intended on being herself completely. Who ever went and said that warriors had to eat by rules?

Bringing her hand up with the blade, taking on a few stares from some people, the sharp edge of the sword came down right through the center of the steak before her. Up again, and down the other direction; cut into fourths. Grinning, it was soon in eight separate smaller pieces than it was when it was first set there. Well, at least she cut her food. Perhaps that was a plus for her on the scale of "civilized"? Who knew, Amaris didn't care.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that's a reason I'm so wreakless." She didn't seem to be completely sure about that, but she went along with it as she stabbed one of the eight pieces of the steak with the tip of the blade; looking at it for a moment before taking a bite of it and swallowing before continuing. "But it's not the real reason I do what I do. Trying to get on God's bad side so he'll take this curse away."

Anonymous

Table manners and Dante never seem to get along for some reason. For that, Dante make a mongrel out of himself by grabbing onto the steak with his hands and begins to knaw on it like a ravenous dog. One he rips a chunk off the flesh, he hold the steak at a distance from his face while he actually chews on his chunk. The last bit that Amaris noted caught Dante's attention while in mid-chew. He looks towards her, still chewing.
"I would certainly believe immortality would be a curse. Being forced to live through every bit of hell your body goes through. Aside from that, I feel that the big man deserves every bit of hell any of us can throw at him." Once he finishes slurring his words through his food, Dante sinks his teeth into another chunk. Who knew that eating could be amusing?