Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

SotE Merchandise

Started by Anonymous, December 21, 2008, 03:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So, okay, there are two really awesome reasons to do this. The first is that, quite frankly, I want an SotE shirt, or tote bag, or something. Because I love this site and I want everyone else to know it too. I suspect others feel this way, as well. The second is that Rhi once told me that she pays ~$93 a year for the site. That's roughly $7.75 each month, which isn't a lot when you think about it like that, except that she doesn't get any help paying for it, and I know that it's her baby and she gets back the money because she has lots of fun, but there's also all the upkeep that she does, in addition to going working and eating and sleeping and so on.

This is my favorite site in the whole wide world. I don't know how much the shirts would cost, but I think that any help is better than no help, and we can get button and keychains and stuff, too. I know there's interest in this, so I made it it's own thread.

Content ideas:
:arrow: Create a poster pair/vote on it.(mdu_ntr)
:arrow: Use the graphic at the top--old or new(assuming artist complies)(Codekitsune)
:arrow: Make background color purple.(Codekitsune)
:arrow: Use Mia's sprites.(assuming artist complies)(mdu_ntr)

Item ideas:
:arrow: Shirts
:arrow: Tote bags
:arrow: Stickers
:arrow: Magnets
:arrow: Mugs
:arrow: Aprons
:arrow: Puzzles
:arrow: Coasters
:arrow: Mouse pads
:arrow: Keychains
etc.

How:
:arrow: DeviantArt
:arrow: Iron-ons
:arrow: Zazzle.com

Original conversation here.

Anonymous

Fwee! =D

Thanks for setting up a separate thread, Lyyn. <3

I think getting SotE merch would be a wonderful idea, I'd definitely support it.

*pokes cbox chatter* Draco's right, though, the site needs a logo. :O

Anonymous

Goooood idea. : ) Someone should make one(not me. please.).

Anonymous

O_o

For serious?

What are we, the simpsons? You want a bunch of people who call eyes 'orbs' to invade this site. Really? Cos that's what'll happen once we sell out, and by we I mean you, not we.

O___o

Anonymous

I don't think I am following your logic here Choco. How will that bring in new people? It's getting sold to the people already here.

Anonymous

For crying out loud, Choco.

I think it's a good idea. Not as a form of advertisement, but just a neat way of carrying around something you find a really fun past-time and helping Rhi pay for the site. And you fail to see, Choco, that if someone writes on and on about 'orbs' and someone else wants to play with them than that's Fine and Dandy because SotE is for everyone, no matter the style they write in or how well it is. I started on SotE when I was 12 and thought that a paragraph with a billion typos every two weeks for two days was awesome and I found people to write with me.

Also; this idea is onto physical objects.  Like bags and what-not. I don't know about you, but I hardly look to peoples clothing for an idea of an RP site.

This is not 'selling out'. This is the members helping the owner pay for a site they love without having to donate money. Everyone wins.

I see no problems with this; And as Rina said, I don't see how this attracts attention. Any members SotE gets are welcome ones, which is the point of the website.

Also; As far as the logo idea goes, if it's an Okay from Queen of the otE's-- Rhi, Tally or I would probably do it. (:

Anonymous

Rawr everythings bad, rawr.

:3

Anonymous

Selling out?! It was you who suggested donations to Rhi for all the hours of wonderful effort she does. This is just another avenue to do that. May I also point out that the merchandice would be very small-scale. It's not like we're going to start a whole fashion line.

It may bring people, but only in the way that posting art on DA or having affiliates does.

Anonymous

To reawaken this thread... I can sew calico tote bags but I won't be able to do the designs on them. If there is anyone who can design a picture/logo/banner that represents what they think SotE is all about, post your images here. The larger (more pixels) the better and you can even have 50% of the profits (as in tote bag price minus material costs). The other 50% goes to Rhi because she does so much on here and RotE so I don't want any profits.

Now I need to know what everyone wants in terms of design. The options are:

Handle -- Two small handles, two shoulder sized, one over-the shoulder.
Pocket -- Side pocket or no side pocket. Side pocket will probably cost twenty cents extra approx.
Size -- What would you like?

Anonymous

Donations and merchandise aren't the same mdu

Anonymous

I know. What's the problem?

Anonymous

Was this happening, or did the idea never go through? Cause I personally think it's an awesome idea. Hell yeah, I'd buy a tote bag or key chain or whatever to help this site out. If people have quit on this we should try getting it going again. I mean this site's been around for like what....9 years? I don't think it's a bad idea to have merchandise for the members to buy, show their support and what have you.