Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Character names

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2009, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

How do you come up with them? If you have a lot, you can just say how in general.

Celine Domremy was actually based on a character I had created on a medieval site but never got to play.

Celine was just a name I like and a cool Medieval name (mother of Clovis & a Catholic saint).
Domremy was because I just finished studying Joan of Arc in my French Civ class and Joan of Arc was born in Domremy, France. Plus I just like saying Domremy! (dom-ray-MEE)

Anonymous

meeh i rped with my sister alot and never had a problem with names in general. Only time ive had a problem is when it has to fit with the current age.

Goldie

Hmmmm....Character names.

Most of them I make up, but otherwise I'll sometimes go to a baby-name website and type in different ethnicities or letters and see if anything cool comes up!

Baby-Names Site:
Andwyad
Corwyn
Chailyn
Eirene
Sahirah
Siyavash
Teague
Tobrecan

I beLIEVE that the majorit of those names are of gaelic/celtic origins. It's been a while, I don't quite remember :)

Made-up
Arinen
Emarlynn
Enya
Eylae
Fayina
Fenway
Jocan
Kai
Kylanya
L'apri
Musmel
Nomarie
Oinnanai
Petaekka
Rayne
Vaenain (he's my vain character, lmao...that's where I got it...pronounce Vain-en, lmao)
Xyinthe
Zarak

I like making up names a lot xD I think it gives characters....character.... O_o

Anonymous

XD I know what you mean, Gold; I tend to make up names a lot until I find one that sounds 'right'.

Clavott is a variation of the name of my piano (it's a Yamaha, boo.) Galanus was purely random.

Anonymous

I'm a little OCD about the names of my female characters because no matter what they have to end in 'a'! xD I still pick one that seems to go well with their character...as a character, but yeah. x] Male names I'm more lenient with myself over, though.

Rhindeer

I either make them up or find them on a baby name site. x3 Sometimes I use words for names.

When I make up a name, I sometimes just throw random letters together, combine names, or just alter names.

Non-made up:
Aki
Avery
Cadmus
Cherry
Devon
Hazel
Sorin
Yarra (it's actually elvish meaning "snarl" xD)
Yuri
Niamh
Iris
Aniketos
Dai
Sachi

Made-up
Hatame
Kiyan
Kujin
Kyran (it actually IS a real name, I found out, but my version is made up and pronounced differently. xD)
Nakaris
Niaaki
Vahni
Beatrid
Rayu
Sunniya
Yhuni
Kuanie
Demaht
Erus
Sirka
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa