Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Definition of technology...

Started by Anonymous, April 04, 2005, 12:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

After being left behind from his last tour, Adrik decided it best to get a place to stay for the night.  He looked out over the roof's edge, staring down into the village from his very expensive hotel room.  He managed to get him self the top floor luxury suite with the outdoor pool and spa.  And seeing his eight and a half foot size, he needed something roomy.  The large human male stood and watched the sunset, freshly showered and clothed in some pants and a towel around his shoulders.  He was cleanly shaved and very muscular with well-tanned skin.  , He had short brown hair and cool gray eyes He sighed and gazed out with his arms crossed, enjoying his day and ready to relax for this evening.  "Very beautiful sunset..." he whispered to himself with a thick Russian accent and his deep and calm voice.  His gaze shifted up as the stars slowly became visible with each darkening second.  The world was full of wonders, so many things to see and do.  He has lived so long all ready and yet, he still could not satisfy his appetite for knowledge.  And as of recently, magic has been plaguing his mind.  It was just so interesting.  It defied technology, surpassed it even.  But he would eventually learn from it and evolve more technologies to equal it.  Evolution was a supreme goal.  But then there was life...  So simple, yet so complicated; even the supernatural.  Existence...how to explain it...  All these thoughts raced through his mind.  It seemed like he would never stop thinking.  He then closed his eyes and took a deep breath, exhaling with a sigh, releasing his mental tension.  "Someday, my friend, someday..." he whispered to himself.  His eyes opened and he looked down at all the lights of the town below.

Anonymous

Ageless. Eternal youth. One of the supernatural. Blessed with powerful magic; cursed to near oblivious knowledge, not knowing of this land, knowing only of her own.

Enter Thyra LeSage.

The soft wind that touched the high reaches of the large building grew in power, swirling about itself, carrying a strange sound â€" a humming, or perhaps a strange violin. As the winds continued their dance, it seemed to focus itself, and the sound became clearer â€" a laugh. Inhuman, but undeniably a laugh. The wind seemed to become solid before pushing itself into a form â€" a female form, small…seemingly harmless, long waves of sky-blue hair foaling to her waist, her solid white eyes glowing until the wind dyed down.  Peering over at the bear, a name bubbled and died on her lips; “Tess â€" oh, I’m sorry,â€? she stated, seeing as the tall man definitely wasn’t her slightly younger sister.

Anonymous

His ears picked up the unusual sound as it became more and more a laugh.  Veering his attention from the lights below, his eyes followed the whizzing winds when they seemed to solidify in a specific area.  He watched this event curiously, as a body formed from them.  After he realized just what it was, a fun smile came over his face.  He stared at the being intently as it became a young female.  The fun never ceased.  This world just intrigued him more and more.  Distracted by the pretty thing, he pondered many things to try and define her.  Then she spoke.  Tess?  Realizing her mistake, the large human chuckled softly.  "It is qvite all right."  He replied softly in his thick Russian tone.  "...but I hav not seen anyvon else up here.  If zat helps you."  He explained in a elpful manner.  The girl floated innocently, coming from nowhere and he continued to smile with interest.  "Is zere somesink I can help you vith?" he extended his equally large hand to her, offering it to her so she may land if she desired.  He felt courteous and hospitable.  After all, he had nothing planned this evening.  Maybe some company would be nice.

Anonymous

The toe of white boots hovered just above the ground, as the wind maiden proceeded to eye the over-sized man; her own personal airstream toying with the long locks of blue hair; the hem of her long skirt, that trailed behind her fluttering softly. She was, clearly, the most ‘angelic’ looking of the four elemental, spiritual sisters â€" yet wasn’t the polar opposite of the most ‘demonic’. No, wind and fire laid in-between the feuds of innocent earth and torrential waters.  But that’s another story.

Eyeing the outstretched hand with her pupil-less, crystalic eyes, Thyra seemed to ignore it, thinking about the question, after deciphering through the accent. “No, I was just looking for my sister, I guess I was a bit off, obviously,� she added, grinning slightly. “I am Thyra of the air, by the way,� she informed the bear, casually, crossing one leg over the other, sitting in midair, letting the silken material of her slitted skirt slide over the impossibly pale skin of hers. “You are…?�

Anonymous

Noticing her decline his offer, he lowered his arm and then rested his hands into the loose pockets of his pants.  He watched her float effortlessly with a curious grin on his face.  "I am Adrik of the...vell, not from around here." He joked casually.  "I really don sink I can pass as somebody's sister though." He continued.  "But yes, it is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Thyra." He bowed to her with respect.  His eyes were absorbed in her fine and unusual features.  Locking onto her distinct eyes with his cool gray ones, he smiled softly again.  "I sink I like it here.  Za people here are very friendly.  Not like vere I come from."  He explained, his thick accent layering every word.  "Might I ask vhy you are lookink for your sister?  And if I may extend a helpink hand if it is important zat you find her?"  He offered, mostly making conversation with her.  He would help her though, if she wanted it.  He wasn’t about to let a pretty girl like this one go without doing something for her.  His interactions with Thyra were that of a very nice person.  He seemed to want to aid her as well as get to know her a little better.  She was his muse now.  He wanted to know more about her, both as a woman and as the spirit she was.

Anonymous

Shaking her head slightly, Thyra smiled at the oversized man, one hand rising, clearly toying with tendrils of invisible wind. “I just wanted to talk â€" she’s been getting lazy with her earthen duties. But it can wait, she’s probably helping out some other part of the land, anyway,â€? she added, as if this had just occurred to her. Raising a light-blue eyebrow at him, she tilted her head; almost canine in her curiosity. “Where do you come from, then?â€?

Anonymous

"Oh, me?" he smiled.  "I'm not qvite sure how to explain it.  Or rather, I am sinkink of a vay to tell you in case you do not understand." He pondered for a moment and then looked back at her cute self.  He smiled at her again, amused and interested in the young lady.  "I am from anozer planet.  I do not know where it is right now, but I know it is out zere." He looked up at the stars and then at her.  "I am curious..." He paused.  "Might I ask vhat you are?  I can clearly see zat you are not human." He noted by watching her play with the wind earlier.  "Vhat kind of entity are you?"  He asked politely.  "Oh my! Vere are my manners?  Vould you like to come inside or hav a seat out here on za patio?  Or vould you like a drink?"  He offered hospitably.  "Or mebby somesink to eat?" he smiled.  He didn’t mind at all.  It seemed extravagant, but if she were hungry, he would cook for her.

Anonymous

Thyra eyed the man with that idle smile on her pale lips, still hovering in mid air, reclined as if it were the most comfortable couch. “I am a wind spirit â€" sort of. From another realm…I don’t know how I got here. I followed my sisters â€" there’s four of us.â€? She paused, as if this were a perfectly normal thing to be. Go figure. The pearly-white, perfectly blank eyes of the wind elemental glittered in amusement at his question, “I’m more than comfortably here â€" and I have no need for food and drink.â€?

Anonymous

He nodded politely at her explanation, finding it normal for her to feel she was normal.  I mean, who was anyone to tell her she wasn’t?  Adrik then chuckled at her reply.  "I can very plainly see zat you are comfortable vhere you float.  But, m'dear, you are takink all za fun out of it."  he grinned.  "I am attemptink to get to know you better by offering chances to chat more comfortably." He explained openly.  "Vould you like to?" he then asked.  "Or vould you like to make a suggestion?  If you vould feel better doink somethink zat interests you, I vill gladly oblige." He offered kindly.

Anonymous

A soft giggle seemed to escape her entity; though her pale lips never parted. Rather, the sound carried itself upon the wind she controled so easily; an eerie echo surronding this large man before her, hefted by the invisible tendrils; the force equivalent to an air summers breeze. It was strange, the force of wind - almost as strange as Thyra herself. The wind, like it's mistress, could be gentle, playful - but ruffled the wrong way and it could force the air from lungs, killing any breathing organism. A power so overlooked, it was no surprise why wind was considered the weakest element.

"I think talking would be just /lovely/," she said softly, her lips moving this time as she lifted her hands. As she did so her body dropped, her boots hitting the ground. The wind still swirled about her form, the long skirt ruffling and rippling, her hair whipping steadily.

"But what are you most interested in talking about?"

Anonymous

The feeling was easily noticed, being carried through her manipulation of the wind, and Adrik smiled.  Curious beings such as this little Thyra intrigued him so.  He just loved the thrill of meeting new types of entities.  It almost made him want to giggle, but he had way too much composure for that.  Adrik quickly realized Thyra's potential, calculating, instantaneously, the possibilities of her powers as he watched her land so elegantly.  Without hesitation, Adrik stepped toward her and brushed some of the flowing hair out of her face and held her chin up gently.  He gazed down at her small form compares to his and smiled more.  His actions gave of an innocent and sweet feeling, like he was more than completely trustworthy.  "You ARE very lovely." He complimented, softly.  "Hmm." He pondered for a moment after releasing her chin and closing his eyes, his arms crossing, and one on hand his chin.  "How bout ve go out somevhere?  Zere are a lot of places I hav not been in zis city.  Vould you like to show me around?" He asked, his eyes opening and looking down at her.

Anonymous

The tendrils of pale, sky-blue hair proceeded to move with the winds own accord; like a million, sapphire snakes whipping through an invisible cage. When he touched her hair, he would notice the ‘hair’ would feel almost cloudlike, with a feathery sort of texture as well. Strange, but then again, Thyra was simply ethereal.
Licking her upper lip, she obligingly lifted her head as he tilted her head upwards via the chin. Her skin was strangely cold; the skin of the dead. However it contained a strange…well /breeze/ as if Thyra was made of the wind she controlled; as if her skin rippled with each flutter.
At the incredibly tall mans request, she sighed, tilting her head gracefully to one side, her eyes gleaming as they picked up that glow. “I do not know my way, either. It is â€" how you say… /different/. It does not have the same…qualities as my home land did. It is ugly, not natural, and I fear I know not my way around it.â€? Her lips formed a smile as she lifted her hands, palm up, on either side. The wind picked up around her, and around him, tugging at his clothes, tousling his hair. “But here is nice, it is open and better than most of the villages,â€? she told him as she played with her wind, her skirt fluttering once again, her hair rippling.

Anonymous

Oooh, she was a feisty one.  Adrik smiled at her in general, but more at her playfulness with wind.  She was just a little tease, wasn’t she?  His smile was soft, and calm as he watched her play, his pants and hair ruffling about.  "I see.  I should hav guessed zat you liked open places, especially high in za sky."  He stated softly in his rich accent and deep voice.  "All right zen, here does seem like a nice place."  He agreed, unfolding his arms and rubbing the top of her head casually with one palm, placing the other on his hip.  "Do you enjoy za hot tub?" he suggested pointing out the one next to the pool on his roof suite.  It was clear he had taken a shower already, but he wouldn’t mind getting in the spa again.  After all, he enjoyed close talking, especially with a new lady friend.

Anonymous

A tease? Thyra? Well, I guess she sort of was, in her own strange, not-so-innocent way. Running her fingertips between the split of her flowing, thin white shirt (well, split meaning the fact the shirt separated into two silken chunks just after her breast), and along the solid blue line that ran from her stomach up to her chest, marking her as an air spirit of her homeland, she considered his offer, turning her head in the direction of the hot tub.

“I am not sure â€" I have never been in one,â€? she admitted, tilting her head under his hand as she let herself hover once again, slowly rising till she hovered at his eye level, reaching up to touch his forearm with her cold, gentle left hand, as if returning the favour of contact.. “But I am sure I will like it, because even Maylin â€" water â€" can make good things,â€? Thyra told him in her airy sort of way.

Anonymous

Adrik smiled in delight at Thyra's answer.  She touched him and he enjoyed her openness.  My, he was liking this curious creature more and more.  "I am glad zhatyou are so villink to try somesink new so easily." He smiled happily.  "But...I do no hav a svimmink suit for you, so...vould you like a towel, or are you za type who es not burdened by za modesty?" he asked politely.  He gently took her small hand inhis large one and guided her in the direction of the patio door.  "Here, You can Change inside if you vould prefer it be more comfortable." He offered hospitably, seeming to be such a very kind and gentle person.

Anonymous

Thyra smiled softly at his words, looking at him thoughtfully, bobbing slightly up and down as she hovered roughly at his level. “I need none of this…modesty,� she claimed, moving steadily away from him, politely, towards the hot tub. Peering into the steamy water, she tilted her head. “Nor do I need a ceiling and walls to change,� came the addition. Again she lifted her hands and tilted her head back, eyes glowing. Soon enough, the loose clothes of hers vanished into the air surrounding her, and she slipped slowly into the steamy liquid.

Anonymous

His brow perked at Thyra's answer as she pulled free from him and headed for the spa.  "Oh?" he asked, a small smile showing he was impressed by her boldness.  Again he crossed his arms as he watched her.  His respect for her only grew as she announced her freedom of expression.  Her clothes then vanished, Adrik's eyes filling with more curiosity, and then those eyes gazed about her appealing female form and he restrained himself a little.  My, my, he was going to have some relaxing fun.  

"If zhat es how you feel, then so be it." He then strolled on up to the tub where Thyra sat so calmly and set the towel that was around his neck down on the small patio table.  Adrik unbuttoned and took off his pants, leaving him ion a pair of undershorts.  He folded his pants and then stepped into the rather large tub beside her, the water rising rapidly with his mass settling into the steamy pool.  He relaxed, leaning back and stretching his arms out to the sides to rest on the spa's edge.  His deep voice sighed gently as he closed his eyes for a moment, letting the head of the water settle around his body.  "Mmm, za spa es nice, don you sink?" he asked softly, opening his eyes and looking down at her almost next to his side, his arm clearly long enough to reach past her and resting on the other side of her head.

Anonymous

Thyra made an odd squeal of laughter, if it could be called that, when the water sharply rose. With a grin, she placed a hand flat over the watertop before her, peering at it in consideration; the water hot to her touch, and such a different feel from the air she controlled.
“Very,â€? she said pleasantly enough, her hair still holding that odd texture; feathery-light, unreal. It was as if  Thyra herself was unreal…but there she was, clear as day, an unwitting tease in all her glory.
“Watch,� she said with a smile and her eyes picked up that glow, and she slowly lifted her hand. Between her hand and the surface of the hot tub was a small cyclone, stirred by the whippings of the wind she played with. Laughing softly, she settled it back down into the hot tub, pale lips pleasantly twisted in delight.

Anonymous

Adrik watched Thyra carefully, seeing her reaction to the water, like she wasn’t used to it.  And then she asked for his attention, and he smiled and focused on her hand again.  "Ooooh!" He exclaimed softly watching her power at work.  Her laughter amused him very much and his smile grew.  Unable to resist, he rubbed the top of her head again playfully, feeling her hair's unique texture.  "Zhat es amazink." He praised her.  "Here, I hav a neat trick as vell."  Adrik lifted his other hand and held it above the water.  He closed his fist and extended his pointer finger.  He dipped it into the water and then pulled it out slowly and swung it around as if drawing in the air, the water following the ling his finger made as if defying gravity and physics.  The snake-like line of water hung weightlessly as he continued, bringing his hand over to her and swirling it around her and above her head.  And then without warning, he let go of his control and the snake of water burst into water droplets, splashing back down into the spa, wetting her playfully.  Adrik chuckled softly and placed his arm back down.

Anonymous

Thyra didn’t move away from his hand as it rubbed her head; her hair flowing strangely beneath his fingers. She was like a cat in that; she loved attention, but only when she wanted it â€" which was, come to think of it, all the time. Licking her upper lip she watched the water slid through the air, tilting her head slightly, peering at it intently, a lazy smile on pale lips. And then it dropped, and she made a funny, squealing sound, followed by her airy laugh. It was like dealing with a child, though she was many years old. Raising her hand to flick a droplet of her pale, cool skin she let her smile widen at the sound of his laugh. His voice amused her, she couldn’t help it, deep and accented as it was. Her own voice seemed to come to the listener at all angles, ethereal.

“This is nice,â€? she declared, turning her head slightly to peer â€" up â€" at his face.