Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magic Devision

Started by Anonymous, April 23, 2009, 11:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I was looking over the positions in Serendipity, so, I was wondering if they shouldn't have important positions involving magic and the use of it. What with them being so proactive with it. Not only that, but magical use is fundamentally different from martial combat so I thought it'd made sense to have someone with exceptional knowledge command them. So my suggestion was...

Archmage - Commander of the magical forces. Works in cooperation with the Lord Knight Commander and reports to the King and Queen.

War Mage - Reports to the Archmage. The offensive magical battalion Commander.

Shield Mage - Reports to the Archmage. The defensive magical battalion Commander.

Savant - Mages of exceptional skill in many of the areas. Usually commanders and trainers. Reports to their division leader, either the War Mage or the Shield Mage.

Sorcerer - The enlisted magical fighting force of Serendipity. Fall into either the War or Shield group. Reports to their unit's Savant.

Apprentice - Lower ranked enlisted casters.

Let me know what you think.

Anonymous

In another game I was in, there was a whole council of archmages which ruled over a nation, each of them a master of a different branch of magic. It might be cool if something similar existed somewhere in here.

Interesting suggestion, Countess. Quite regimented, though... I don't know if military skill and wizardry go hand in hand, though I suppose you could make a case for it.

Anonymous

Really? You've never heard of wizards being in the military? They are some of the most dangerous things an army can have. Especially war mages, they can mess people up so bad.

Anonymous

I'd heard of them used before, and with as progressive as Serendipity is, I thought they might have something like this.