Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Horrors of the Catacombs (Open!)

Started by Anonymous, May 22, 2009, 08:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(WARNING! This is going to get rather gruesome, if the title didn't give it away. Not for weak stomachs)

Without warning, the silence that filled the dark corridor was broken by the sound of footsteps. They came slowly and quietly, not only to avoid attracting any unwanted attention, but also because this particular hallway was in horrible condition. The path was marred with holes and piles of rubble, which meant one could easily get injured if they did not watch their step. Most people solved this problem by bringing a lantern along with them to light up the hallway, but unfortunately that was not an option this time.

After all, only in complete darkness could he get away with committing such heinous atrocities.

He continued walking through the shadows, stopping every now and then so he could rest his leg. Ever since his encounter with that meddlesome monk in La'marri he had been walking with a slight limp. It was nothing serious and would likely heal in several days, but it still bothered him tremendously. That fool ruined so much of his hard work, but in the end he had the last laugh. While he walked away practically unscathed, the monk paid for his righteous indignation with his life. Only proof that no good deed goes unpunished.

Pushing a door open, he began descending a spiraling staircase that led to the bowels of the catacombs. After walking for a few moments, he came to a stop when he heard faint cries in the distance. They were hard to hear, but he could feel that they were screams of pure anguish. Smiling, he realized that his assistant began the conditioning process without him. So eager to get to work! Not surprising, considering that he lost his pay last time due to unexpected interference.

When he reached the bottom, he pushed open another door and walked out onto a dilapidated stone platform that overlooked a large room. It was impossible to see just what was going on in the room below, but it was fairly obvious that it was something gruesome. The smell of blood filled the room, and flesh could be heard being slowly torn apart. Occasionally a loud scream would break through the darkness, followed by heavy weeping and quiet whispers.

"I see you have begun with the conditioning!" he observed with an amused chuckle, bringing his hand to his mouth and covering it with his long sleeve. "Your dedication impresses me, but be aware that you will not be getting a bonus."

The gruesome sounds suddenly came to a stop, and a man could be heard panting from exhaustion. "Ya don't have to tell me! I know how stingy you are, you smarmy little... Just wanna get out of here as fast as I can. Place gives me the creeps."