Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anti magic users born outside Connlaoth?

Started by Anonymous, June 26, 2009, 02:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I just wondered how a guy with the mordecai ability of anti magic gotten from brith from chance (his grandfathers grandfathers grandfather was from connlaoth)would be treated in Serpindity considering that the kingdom is litterally inbred with magic.

His interaction with other children would prolly be rocks trown at a distance and name calling. Nobody has fun playing with someone that makes them puke and if the minority of children there are 100% human then most of them will follow their parents / their peers example.

Would joining the army / attending school even be possible? even slightly magical semi my grand fathers grandfather was an elf people would probably feel lightheaded when 50 feet away from him? How would parents react? Motherly human love conquering the fact that he has this wierd power? how would the government react? How would their neighbours react?

Outright disgust, fear?, or a "hey we can use this or what?
or would they be sent to connlaoth?
Im really out of ideas and i wanted to shape his personality properly.

Tally

Any of those ideas would work. Different villages would react differently depending on their outlook, their history, their demographics. Regardless of the details, I am sure a mordecai born into Serendipity would have a rough time of it.

His lord wouldn't exile him though, unless he caused problems for some other reason. He would still be a Serendipity citizen with the full protection of the law. Whether that protection would be enforced in his particular town or village is another story...

Anonymous

thank you but i have more questions X3.

1. How would a fully transformed werewolf/ shifter react to entering the aura?
Negate and despell the current transformation or simply negate further transformations??

2. How would a vampire / other undead creatures react? Become mortal or become dust / pile of bones?

Tally

Mordecai ability acts only on magic. So it would depend on the source of the werewolf/shifter's ability. If they are a born shifter, (that is, they are a shifter by species), then a mordecai would have no effect on them because their ability to shift isn't magic...it is a trait of their race. Same thing with vampires.

But on the other hand, if a person were under a curse or enchantment that caused them to shapeshift, then the current transformation would be negated by a mordecai's presence. If an undead creature were animated by enchantment, that too would be negated, and they would likely simply become a corpse once again.

Xphy

What about magic linked to sigils and runes? Would a Mordicai's power neutralize it permanently, or would it only be neutralized temporarily until the Mordicai left the area?

Tally

A mordecai's ability works on people, not objects. :3 So sigils and runes charged with an enchantment wouldn't be affected at all. (: