Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Window shopping! [OPEN]

Started by Anonymous, July 03, 2009, 09:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was far from uncommon, in fact, for a fake to seem more like people's idea of the real thing than the real thing did. Nobles knew they were noble, and if someone didn't believe them they were the ones who would end up looking foolish in the end. Impostors needed to play to expectations. Not that "Bella's" punctiliousness struck Aislinn as particularly odd. Some people were just sticklers, and while it wasn't her favorite personality trait in the world, it certainly wasn't surprising in a courtesan.

Father and Torin were going over some kind of document when she burst in the door, but it apparently wasn't so important as to prevent their looking up, Torin calling out "Hey there, Linnet!" and Father "Did you find something you liked?"

"I am unburdened by new trinkets," said Aislinn, jokingly holding up her hands to show them empty. "And don't call me that, Tor. I did find a new friend, though, and I'm taking her riding, so I'm just popping in now to get changed. I'll be back again later than we figured." By this point she was most of the way through the atrium, not having slowed down much for the conversation, so the men returned to their task with murmured acknowledgments as she breezed through to her rooms to don her outfit.

She opted for the more bright and elaborate of the hard-wearing leathers, it being a sightseeing outing rather than a hunt, but picked up her beloved wheel-lock and shooting bag anyway, because... well, why not? Besides, she liked having the thing around. Sorcha laced her into her outfit and bound up her hair into a style that would withstand more motion, and then Aislinn was on her way again. Of course, Bella would have had further to go, so there was a bit of time to kill, but that was no bad thing.

"Not at all!" she called out as her new friend rode up. It was painfully obvious that she wasn't much of a sport rider, judging by that fresh makeup that was only going to be spoiled. Ah, well. It was never too late to learn.

Anonymous

Makeup was another essential that had to stay on. Consealed within the powder and the perfume where special magic inhibitors that prevented detection. While most of these drugs and harmful plants had ruined most mages. Eddie had started using them and found out that he was one of the few that withstood the after effects.

"Oh well, let's get going then. I'm sure you have a lot of places you wish to show me." She said it slightly nervous after seeing Aislinn's excited grin, even the mare she had borrowed was on its guard. His arse would get sore eventually and there was a slight hint of regret in the air.

Gripping the reins firmly, it was all about control. Sending the mare forward. If only the rest of the day would be this easy.

"I'm not used to riding nor am i very good at forest things but thats why I'm here. You seemed keen for a good adventure and I will follow as far as my abilities grant."