Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Normal Day In Essyrn (Draco and Silver! Anybody else too!)

Started by Anonymous, July 09, 2009, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

If he could only pick one thing to hate in this sun-blasted land, it would have to be the Worms.

"Shitshitshitshitshitshit!"

Dargas dove to the side as the Sandworm came down on the spot he was at just a second ago. He scrambled back to his feet. Now was not the time to be sitting around. Especially not when there was a hungry Sandworm wanting a freshly made Dargas sandwich. Gotta move, gotta move.

Probably the most pesky thing about these Worms is that the sand didn't really bother them. Made his life so much harder to keep. The Worm burst out of the sand in front of him, making Dargas slide to a stop. He looked up at the towering beast. This was the perfect opportunity to try something against this thing. Too bad his lips weren't in the mood to play at the moment.

The Worm made a large, growling like noise as it reached its full height. Hmm, very cli-Oh shit it was coming for him again. He barely managed to dodge the creature before making a break for the walls of Essyrn.

Closer. Closer. He dodged one final lunge by the Worm before he made it into the city. Dargas never knew why the Worms didn't pass the walls and he didn't much care, so long as they stayed on the opposite of them. That was the second time this week he had almost been lunch for those things. The bastards. Must have it out for him.

He grumbled as he made his way through the desert oasis known as Essyrn.

Anonymous

[OOC: Couldn't quite see an oppurtunity to meet your character but at least I'm in Essyrn now.  It's a start]

"Essyrn, the city in the sand!"  Hachen announce to his pig when it finally came in sight.  Pig snorted something and Hachen responed, "No it's not another mirage."  He and pig walked and argued for a good portion of time before Hachen heard a rumble through the sand.  He and pig were so busy argueing they didn't notice sand worms almost attack someone.  Now the sand worms were fixed on them.

Hachen grabbed pig and ran right before a sand worm lunged out of the sand arch and Hachen stopped right before it smashed back into the sand.  Hachen put pig down and pointed toward the town.  Pig dashed off and Hachen turned to face the sand worm.  Then when that sand worm and two others shot out of the sand he changed his mind and ran like a mad man towards Essyrn.

He near collapsed when he finally reached the gates and after a short time he saw pig drinking from a puddle in the shade of some random house.  "Allonsy pig,"  Pig walked over looking sad, "You can't go drinking from a puddle, I'll get us some fresh water."

Anonymous

Her silver eyes gazed out across the hot desert lands.  Vesper huffed wearily, tired of wandering about.  She was wearing a sun hat with an extremely large brim; a red ribbon with white polka dots was tied around the round protrusion of the hat.  Such a thing was perhaps out of place, especially when it was worn by someone who was traveling a great distance such as herself.  However, it kept the sun away from her skin, which did not tan well and mostly just burned.  So she had chosen to wear it.  Vesper normally did not travel, but she had suddenly had a restless feeling and the impulse to travel had taken her.  Therefore, she was here.  She could see Essyrn now.  Suddenly, she was excited.

Suddenly, she heard something behind her.  Turning she was shocked to see a man running from one of those desert worms she had read about in the books back at home.  "Whoa!" she exclaimed, taking off, making her way toward the city that was now very close, her midnight waves dancing behind her.  Despite the situation, she began to laugh as she ran into the city, finding the burst of energy refreshing.  As she entered, so did the man she had seen first, and there was also another man, who also had a pig.  What interesting characters they were.  

"Are you two new to these parts as well?"  She knew the question made her seem more obviously a foreigner, but she didn't mind.  She was not embarrassed about that fact.  She looked down at the pig who was currently drinking.  "I'm Vesper.   I've just come from La'marri.  I felt like traveling; do you know what's fun to do around here?"   She smiled at them and began to dust the sand off of her wine colored tunic and tan leggings.  She had heavy duty boots on so that her feet would be protected from the hot sand and from the sun.  She was wearing a plain necklace of a stone called crysacola, and all the colors of the stone glinted in the sun.

Anonymous

New people!

Jaiha looked down at her odd legs, she shuffled her feet before wandering over, staring at the sandword. Syrae and herself had killed one a while ago, left it's juicy carcass in the middle of the road. It smelled horrible for ages, and the fleshy bits had stuck to her tail blade for days and she had to scrub it extra hard to get the hunks off.

Blinking her big orange eyes, Jaiha wandered over to the three, staring, not at all phased by the giant worm of gross wiggling doom. "H-hello...?" Wearing a large dark coat, the tips drifting against the ground, her legs covered by the bottoms, of course a tip of a clawed toe poked out from under, but hopefully they wouldn't stare.

"Are you all lost? Can I help you?" Her voice was cheery and she gave them a smile, curious. It wasn't often they got visitors.

Anonymous

When Vesper walked up to him Hachen bwed slightly and said, "My name is Hachen and I too am a La' Marrian.  Me and my little friend here are travelers."  He motioned to the pig who was trying to sneak off to the puddle again.  "Pig!"  Pig froze on the spot and slowly walked over.  "Excuse me for a moment I need to get pig some water."  Hachen and pig moved into the crowd for a moment and missed the arrival of Jaiha.

Anonymous

"Hello, Hachen.  You are from La'marri, as well?" she asked, a bit shocked to find someone from home so far from it, and in the same place as she.  "That is a surprise," she said, her silver eyes filled with genuine amusement.  "Oh!  A pig..."  What a strange companion.  Vesper herself loved animals, and all of nature for that matter.  She had the ability to speak to things of the Natural world.  She moved toward the pig, greeting it in the pig's own tongue.  The language of the pig matched the creature's appearance.  It was a round, heavy language colored with grunts and squeals.  Vesper smiled, allowing the pair to go and get some water.

Vesper turned to the sound of a voice.  This voice was feminine, like hers.  Her silver eyes caught sight of a strange individual indeed.  She had never seen anything like the face she looked upon then.  It was beautiful in its intricate way.  The young woman smiled at the female.  "Hello," she said in response, her alto voice fluttering over to her.  "No, I am not lost, at least," she said, unable to speak for the two men.  She paused, then, thinking to herself.  She was wondering about the female, still, wondering what she was.  She had caught sight of something that was not humanesque from within the folds of that dark coat.  She didn't stare, she was just curious.  It seemed the female did not wish for them to see anything, so Vesper took care not to be rude or intrusive.  

"I'm Vesper, and I'm new to these parts.  I left home in search of something to sate my desire for something different."  Vesper laughed gentle to herself.  "You must know these lands; do you know of anything fun I could do?"  It was true, all Vesper had come for was a little fun.  It seemed a long way to go just for a good time, but that was how Vesper was.  She was at times extreme, and she was a restless being, always in search for some sort of new adventure.

Anonymous

((Please to be going in order. x.o I get unnecessarily confused otherwise. So! Draco post next to even things out then Silver -> Hatchen -> Crono -> Draco. K? =D))

Stupid Worms. He really did hate them. It was unfair is what it was! Something that big shouldn't be able to sustain itself! Let alone  Dargas brooded about them and what he would like to do to them. Of course, realistically, almost all of those ideas would end with him getting eaten. Stupid Worms.

Dargas was brought out of his brooding thoughts by a cheery voice. It grated against his most recent experience. He turned around to inquire just what the person was so merry about and holy crap there was two of them. How had they both managed to sneak up on him? That was a good way to get your pockets picked and...He needed to calm down. That brush with the worm had gotten him worked up.

He deftly spun his flute up to his lips. Playing always calmed him and made him happier. The music that came out of the flute started slowly, bouncing off the walls of the buildings around him. The long, low notes folding in on themselves to be magnified and to contrast with the ones that came before and after them, harmonizing in a way that surrounded the listener.

He knew his city well. He knew how it would react to the notes he produced and he could easily time his note changes to make the music keep everything pleasing to the ear. After a few minutes, Dargas lowered his flute, the last of the music fading away, his normal, friendly mood restored and the smile back on his face.

He joined the two females as the one with the hat finished her introduction. He made a flourishing bow keeping a firm grip on his flute. "Welcome to Essyrn, Vesper. My name is Dargas Hinskele." He said, returning to his previous posture, before turning to the other female. "And what is the name you go by?" He asked, completely missing the claws poking out. He grinned.

Anonymous

Jaiha turned when she heared music, a smile drifting to her lips.

Pretty. It was good that sand wasn't stuck and concrete inside of that. When he finished playing, Jaiha lifted her arms and clapped, a wide grin on her face. "That was wonderful!! I'd offer you coin but I have none on me at the moment."

Waving her tail around slowly, Jaiha smiled slowly and held her hands out in front of her, thumbs twirling around one another. She didn't notice the man and his pig, her big yellow eyes focused on the pair at the entrance, leaning in slightly to smile and turn to the woman. Fun? " You're in a desert city... I... There isn't much fun stuff to do here I'm afraid, except.. Learn, I suppose."

Yellow eyes were drawn back towards the flute player, Dargas. A bright smile drew on her lips and Jaiha bowed at the waist. "I'm Jaiha. Resident of Essyrn, I'm afraid I don't know all the faces here. Are you from here?" Jaiha looked past him towards the sand, the distant sand moving from the sand worm retreating. "What were you out there for?"

Anonymous

<I'm withdrawing Vesper, as I decided to drop her as a character; sorry guys~>

"Oh!" Vesper exclaimed, disappointed that she would not find what she was looking for here.  She gazed down at the ground, sighing.  "I see," she said thoughtfully.  She looked back behind her; she did not really want to go back the way she had come.  That would be a waste of time.  She guessed that the only thing to do now was continue on.  "Well, I guess I can't find what I'm looking for here."

She looked back at the othes with her silver eyes.  "It was a great pleasure meeting you all!  I guess I ought to be going; I hope I find what I'm looking for, and may each of you do the same."  She bowed her head in farwell, then jogged ahead until she exited the city.

Anonymous

Hachen walked back to the others with both his and his pig's thirsts satisfied.  "Hello," he said politely to Jaiha.  He waved goodbye to Vesper and turning back to the others he continued, "My name is Hachen, may I ask both of yours?"

Anonymous

"I too am a resident of this fine town. Lived here all my life to boot." He said with a grin. He put Jaiha's question off for the moment when Vesper said she was leaving.

Sad day! Just when he met somebody new, she's leaving! Dargas tried to quickly think of a good excuse for her to stay but by the time anything came up, she was already almost out of the city. He settled for shouting his goodbye instead before turning back towards Jaiha. Only to be stopped again from answering her question.

Yay another person to meet! Today was turning out to be a very good day. Already he had met three new people, though one had gone away. Dargas loved meeting new people. Other people were always so interesting - even the boring ones! - but he was distracting himself from this new person.

He gave a bow to Hatchen. "My name is Dargas, flute player and building assistant." He turned back to Jaiha once again, determined to answer her question this time. "I was out there practicing my magic is all." His grin took on a mischievous cast. "I even found out that those little Worms aren't bothered that much by having sand flung at them." The pesky things. He made a little turn-jump that set him fully facing Hatchen. "So how did you manage to get a pig here anyway? I'd think the sun would turn him to foodstuffs ere long."