Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Question about guns

Started by Xphy, September 07, 2009, 04:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xphy

Out of curiosity how long have the Connlaothian people had guns? A ballpark estimate would be really nice, because that detail would be extremely useful for something I'm writing and I didn't see it anywhere in the information on Connlaoth.

Anonymous

I managed to find in the info on Connloath's trainees a mention about muskets, so I'd assume that the gun tech isn't that far along. P: I'd say they've only had them for a century or two.

Of course, the gun tech can only advance as far as the overall technology will allow it to. Which brings me to a question of my own. <.< Are the guns grooved, as the Americans had in the American Revolution, or are they more like what the British had? Gah! That brings questions about battle tactics to mind and I'm already off topic. >.<

Anonymous

I just figured they would be single shot musket's like the ones in the movie about the 3 musketeers or something. x3

Anonymous

Crono's right.  They've been around for about a century or two.

The most common Connlaothi gun is a single-shot, flintlock musket.  Rifling is about thirty to forty years old at this point, but it's a lot easier to find a musket with it than without it.  Somewhere, there's an old sarge griping and ranting about new fangled guns that any little kid can pick up a shoot.  A few armories in towns near the borders keep bigger arquebus type guns and train their troops in how to use them, just in case some hostile knight comes clanking down the mountain.  Then there are the dragoon pistols given to the Dragoons.

I'll have to remember this, so it can be added to Connlaoth's info.

Xphy

Alright, thank you. I'll be sure to take that into account. ^^