Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Niahi Woods / Re: Of Humans and Dragons {DragonSong}
« Last post by DragonSong on April 19, 2018, 09:58:01 PM »
Karyn raised one eyebrow slowly. "Uh...how else would he have half-dragon children?" Almost instantly he screwed his face up and covered his ears. "Scratch that, I don't want to think about it. And look, I already told you Brigid didn't even know he was a dragon. 'Course he has an avatar."

More than one. Much more than one. Though he saw no need to bring that up just yet.
Matron's Hallow / Re: Spare a Room? {DragonSong}
« Last post by DragonSong on April 19, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »
Jessamine squealed excitedly and grabbed her brother's hand, dragging him up the stairs as he laughed.

Lily chuckled softly despite herself and shook her head, then shot Declan a quick look before she glided upstairs to pack herself.

"I suppose I'll pack as well," Jorris muttered, shaking his head, though he was smiling just a bit as he followed his siblings more sedately.
Serendipity Riverlands / Re: The Power of Rumors [Whim]
« Last post by emeraldknight on April 19, 2018, 07:54:24 PM »
"Do I look like an animal to you?" Bartley was too busy weighing up the chances of finding a decent robe at Myr Danann to think about Colby's feelings.

The salesman looked over to the other side of the gorge, wondering how in the world they could get over. It seemed that this was why no-one ever ventured here. But Bartley wasn't no-one. "Hey Colby, any ideas on how to get over there?"
Wanderers and Independents / Freddy Potts, Vampire Bear [M]
« Last post by SilverDragonsBlood on April 19, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »
***I'M JUST MAKING THIS ENTIRE PROFILE MATURE BECAUSE CRUDE AND
VULGAR LANGUAGE HELP TO MAKE THIS CHARACTER WHO HE IS***

__________QUICK STATS

Name: Freddy Potts

Species: Vampire

Height: 6'4"

Ethnicity: Serenian? Maybe?

Residence: On top (you know what I mean)

__________(very)IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Freddy's a big guy... Like, seriously, big. He's tall as fuck, muscular as fuck, hefty as fuck... Everything about him is just BIG.

He has tanned skinned and dark eyes. His hair is also dark, and it covers him. Freddy's a very hairy man, and there ain't no way he's ever shaving it off for some sap who don't appreciate the male form in all of its glory.
Spoiler: show

credit: zanvarin on DeviantArt
edits made by me

Personality
Okay... So, listen... He's a bear. He's a big, soft, lovable, squishy, hug machine. He likes woodland creatures - often fancying himself one of them - and puppies and kittens and anything that reminds him of a stuffed animal.

Freddy is flaming gay, and he is very vocal about it! He feels absolutely no shame in having a goddamn orgy with fifteen other men in the middle of the city at noon. There is absolutely no shame in this man's soul about who he is, so it's nearly impossible to insult him.

He's a friend when you need one and an out-of-this-world lover when you can afford him. He don't swing both ways though, honey. This is a BOYS ONLY club!

Magic/Abilities
Well, he's a vampire - though you would never know it if you met him - and has all of the perks that go with being a vampire.

He's immortal, will be gorgeous forever, can heal any injuries, and has enhanced reflexes.

This has also gifted him with an even higher sex drive. He was already a man magnet to begin with, but vampirism gave him a highly drive and even more allure, so lucky you guys! ;)

Above anything else, he can fight! And I don't mean with swords or anything like that. I mean he will literally pound you into the dirt with his bare hands if you hurt someone he cares about.

Relationships
Anyone who he wants

History
"Yesterday don't matter, babycakes! Only today! YOLO, beotches. I'm gonna live my fucking life ten times over until someone blows me so good they kill me."
Wester Highlands / Re: Cherub Rock (SDB) [M]
« Last post by Eckhart_Von_Musel on April 19, 2018, 04:51:46 PM »
"Aren't they done yet? It's been like, ten fucking minutes!"

Beatrix Evens sat on the floor in an abandoned classroom, her eyes closed. "Aahva, hush." she whispered softly. "I'm trying to memorize all this stuff, it's really important!"

The girl, of course, was used to her best friend asking her to eavesdrop on people- hell, most of the time he didn't need to ask- but this time was different. Beatrix had fully expected to listen in on some juicy drama between the Clearwaters and the dreamy looking Chase boy, but instead she seemed to have discovered an actual conspiracy. Feeling Arthur begin to run, she pulled her conscious out of his shadow and opened her eyes. "Paper, quill, now."

Aahva raised his eyebrows. "Wait, tell me what happened! Why is Pillowhead so-"

"Paper. Quill. Now, Aahva, while it's fresh in my memory."

Aahva flinched, then scrambled to his school bag. Pulling out an unused notebook and an enchanted RediQuill, he hurried back to his friend. "Sweet tittyfucking Inima, what happened?" he asked as the girl hastily began scribbling down notes. "Who's getting in trouble this time?"

"Bren is playing around with human souls, and Pillowhead knows about it." Beatrix said flatly, looking oddly worried. It was a sensitive topic for her- according to the mistress of the orphanage she lived at, soul tampering was what had made Beatrix the way she was now. "Bren's girlfriend threatened to kill Clearwater if he tells anybody."

Aahva wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Oh, that's fucking gross!" he exclaimed angrily. "Back on Thanatos, you get lined up against the wall if you do that soul shit. Goes against everything Inima fucking stands for." The boy crossed his arms, sneering. "We're taking that degenerate faggot down. I just gotta think of the best way to fucking humilate him..."

Having written down everything she could remember about what she had just witnessed, the blue haired girl shot her best friend a sly grin. "Well y'know..." she said smugly, her eyes rippling dangerously. "They really didn't want Maergath to find out..."

The Thanati boy smirked back, and the two troublemakers high-fived. The two soon skirted out of the room, Aahva leading Beatrix by the hand. The girl smiled blissfully.

"This. This is what I was missing."

~fin~
Serendipity / Aidan and Leonan Vogler
« Last post by SilverDragonsBlood on April 19, 2018, 04:17:01 PM »
__________QUICK STATS

Name: Aidan Vogler

Titles: Lord/Knight (retired - though he can still swing a sword)

Species: Human

Height: 6'1"

Ethnicity: Serenian

Residence: Algieri, Atlas Verde

__________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Aidan is a handsome man with pointed features. He has a narrow jawline - never showing any kind of growth - as well as a pointed nose and high cheekbones. He has fair skin, and his eyes are a gentle brown. His hair is jet black and reaches just below his shoulder blades. Though he always keeps it in a low ponytail when around others, he'll let it loose when he goes on a ride or is simply by himself.

He wears the clothing that is proper for a nobleman. Often, he'll have a burgundy coat with no sleeves on - more like a fancy vest, but he likes how it moves when he walks. Aidan will sometimes be seen with a dark brown bycocket hat with two long feathers sticking out of it. He will always be wearing a brown glove that goes up to his elbow on his right arm.

credit: kris-and-jen on DeviantArt
edits made by me

Personality
Aidan is a wonderful man, through and through. He's a gentle soul, as one has to be when your livelihood is working with animals who depend on trust. He is soft-spoken, though powerful when he feels something morally wrong is happening. Though he wouldn't be considered an overly important member of the court, Aidan won't shy away from matters of importance when called upon.

He's a family man, putting his son before anything else in the world and passing on his knowledge to the boy. Aidan is level-headed and intelligent, and he only wants to do right by the people - and animals - who have done right by him.

Overall, he's an honest and trustworthy person. He'll never lie when it matters, nor will he ever fight someone dishonorably.

Magic/Abilities
Aidan has no magic, but he really doesn't care about that. He believes that whether or not someone has magic shouldn't decided their fate.

Falconry is his most notable skill. He has such a strong connection to the raptors that most people don't believe he isn't a beastspeaker. He's able to gain the birds' trust and use them as he wishes, though he would never disrespect the animals, as they are still in fact wild animals far from being tamed.

In addition to this, he is an expert horseman and warrior. Just as his father before him and his father before him, Aidan was a knight in his younger years. He was a loyal member of the noble family's guard, and he was trained in everything a knight should be, from horsemanship to weaponry skills.

Relationships
Leonan - son (read below)
Beryl Feyal - high lady of Atlas Verde (his boss)
Feigenbaum - Beryl's advisor (he doesn't know why, but he just doesn't trust him)
Maverick - his ceremonial golden eagle
Mila - horse

History
Aidan was raised as a nobleman, son of a knight and respected lady. He would spend most of his free time with his father, though he really just wanted to run off and fly with the birds he would see over the treetops. He had a free spirit from the time he could walk, and his mother had to hire help to keep the young boy from getting lost.

As he grew, Aidan's wild nature was slowly tamed. His desire to be one with the birds never went away, but his understanding of the importance of his responsibilities became more prominent in his life. While his father made sure to teach Aidan the ways of being a knight and receiving his education, his mother spoke to a peasant farmer who had experience in hunting with falcons.

The boy got what he wanted! When he was ten years old, he began learning falconry and took to it immediately. When he was seventeen, he joined his father as a knight, quickly proving himself and achieving the privilege of being in the house guard.

His parents died shortly after; his father when he was nineteen, and his mother when he was twenty. He continued his work as a guard, but realized that he was the only surviving member of his family. When he was twenty-three, Aidan married the daughter of the man who had taught him falconry.

At twenty-four, his son was born, though his wife was taken from him. He devoted every moment he could to raising his son, but Leonan had inherited Aidan's zest for life. At twenty-nine, he gave up being a knight and committed to raising his son, though he remained as court falconer for the high lady. He really loves his life.

__________THREAD TRACKER

Current

Complete

__________QUICK STATS

Name: Leonan Vogler

Nickname: Leo

Species: Human

Height: 5'1"

Ethnicity: Serenian

Residence: Algieri, Atlas Verde

__________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Leo is a handsome, young lad. He has fair skin and golden-blond hair, which he got from his mother. His eyes are chocolate brown, and he has a thin frame, though he wants to be more muscular when he grows up.

He dresses like a proper young lord, but there's always some kind of mud stain or tear in his clothing. Not always, but he'll sometimes be seen wearing a slightly over-sized glove that reaches his elbow.

credit: Cristi-B on DeviantArt
edits made by me

Personality
While Leo is still young, he thinks highly of what he will become. He wants to follow in his father's footsteps to be the dashing knight and expert falconer. Leo is being given the best education, but he'll often be daydreaming or have his nose in an adventure book, rather than doing the work assigned to him. Regardless, he's very intelligent and is able to excel in his subjects without really putting in much effort.

Adventure and passion drive him, so he's used to his father trying to be firm at him (Aidan can't be mad because he sees himself in his son). That being said, he's very capable of playing the part of the proper lord and heir to his father's title. He respects his elders and superiors, but he isn't perfect and is prone to slip-ups now and again - though, he'll always apologize immediately after receiving a stern look from his father.

He likes accompanying his dad to court, and he is becoming quite skilled at falconry. On rare, minor occasions, he'll even be allowed to hold the eagle in court, but he's yet to be allowed to fly the animal. He's sociable and proud, easily able to be the life of the party or simply please the other nobles with respectful answers while wanting to run off with his eagle into a field. Leo harbors a massive, hopefully secret crush on the high lady.

Magic/Abilities
Like his father, Leo has no magic to speak of. He is learning to be a skilled swordsman, though he still has a ways to go. That being said, he can defend himself against an attack until someone gets there to help.

He's a decent horseman, and he's becoming quite good at falconry.

Relationships
Aidan - father (read above)
Beryl Feyal - high lady of Atlas Verde (he has a huge crush on her)
Katri - his (training) golden eagle
Rocco - horse

History
Nothing too exciting has happened to Leo, as thirteen years isn't a whole lot of time for something monumental to take place. Even so, he has always been happy. He was raised by his father, never knowing his mother, but being told stories of her beauty and gentleness.

He admires his father and does everything he can to live up to Aidan's expectations.

__________THREAD TRACKER

Current

Complete
Serha Plains / The Informal Initiation [M][JackieCat]
« Last post by Lowen on April 19, 2018, 03:51:19 PM »
@JackieCat

'Meet us at the Serha Plains an hour before sunset. The usual spot. We've got a rather... informal initiation for you.'

It had been almost a year since Foggy Sanderlin joined the ranks of the Adelan Black Brigade, along with his life-long comrades Cain and Cecil, so any initiation now struck him as a bit odd. Of course, it was Cain who called for the initiation, not his commander. His two friends had been with the Brigade two years longer than him, so perhaps it this was just a bit of fun they give to all the recruits sometime within their first year.

Perhaps.

'No dragons for travel, my friend. For this, you'll need to bring your horse.'

The young soldier thought back on Cain's words as he rode his trusty black steed through the outskirts of the grasslands. Almost there, but why by horse? After all, the Serha is considered by most a dangerous place. Normally when the men met at this particular location they met by dragon. Maybe not something fun, but a challenge of strength? No matter, he would find out soon enough.

After quiet contemplation and further travels, the man and his horse entered the clearing of 'the usual spot.'

No one here yet.

His eyes scanned the area, searching for any signs of life - friend or foe - before he settled in to his position.

All clear.

---

Foggy waited in silence, hand on the hilt of his sword just in case, for several more minutes before the first showed up.

The sound of heavy weight cutting through the air could be heard just above him. The young soldier shot his gaze upward to meet eyes with his old companion, Cain. Cain, and his dragon. A most-remarkable beast if there ever was one. Remarkably quiet for its size, impressively fast, and matched by none in pure strength. The Brigade's dragons were tamed, but Cain's accomplice was always hard to look square in the face. Something sinister about it, he thought.

"I see you brought yours, then!" Foggy said with a wry smile, taking a few steps toward the two.

"Quite right," Cain responded, dropping to the soil. "But, it is not my initiation, after all."

"About this initiation... What exactly will I be doing?"

"You will find out soon enough," Cain said heartily. Giving him a broad smile, he approached his friend and gave him a tight hug and firm pat on the back. "It is good to see you, Foggy. I am glad you came."

"G-Good to see you too," Foggy murmured a rely. Again? They just saw each other a few hours ago.

Something felt... strange.

Looks like all this crying managed to dislodge the glitter from his eyes - or perhaps the glitter itself realized that it was about to damage his perfect beauty, and left immediately rather than commit such a horrific act. He smoothed out the wrinkles on his robe automatically. Did all this crying make his eyes red? He was about to ask one of the classmates if they had a mirror, but the professor spoke first.

Most students his age would probably snicker and make a rude joke. But his mind was far from this immaturity! Unlike most teachers who wore boring robes, Professor Summers was dressed in quite a snazzy outfit. Clearly, she had a sense of fashion, and decided to invite him for a nice professional discussion about style and fashion. How thoughtful!

"It would be my pleasure!" he exclaimed. "Now then, do you need me for anything else, Professor, or should I come back to my seat?"
« Last post by SilverDragonsBlood on April 19, 2018, 02:30:28 PM »
Sunny watched him leave, then turned when she heard footsteps. Bren came into view only a moment later, holding her book up with a smirk. "Where'd Arthur go?" He asked curiously.

The Duhjari girl shook her head. "I wasn't going to have him wait around," she said calmly. "He left." She took the book and smiled at him. "Come on, your aunt was asking about you."

*a little after midnight*

Bren was asleep, his spell book in his satchel against the nightstand. In the far corner of the room, copper-golden eyes stared, unblinking. It had already been nearly forty-five minutes, and this wasn't at all what Simon had planned for the single hour he was able to be free of that damned book's leather bindings, but he had to do what he had to do.

If only you were ready, Simon thought, looking at Bren's sleeping form, as he had been since midnight.

The man stepped closer to Bren, the light from the moon and stars illuminating the blue highlights in his hair. He moved softly, sitting on the nightstand next to the young man's bed.

His already intimidating eyes briefly flashed a brilliant gold, and he was able to see Bren's mind, as though he was looking through a maze that he had memorized from traveling it too many times. Little by little, Simon picked through Bren's mind, cleansing certain pieces of it, but careful to leave most, as the faintest detail could be his undoing.

There were less than two minutes left until his hour was up, and Simon finished what he was doing. He sighed, shaking his head and looking at the young man with something that resembled pity. "Sleep well, Bren," he said. "Perhaps, next time, I won't need to take your memories again." Simon's figure faded, and he was once again trapped inside of the book until the next night.
« Last post by Eckhart_Von_Musel on April 19, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
Arthur took the hankerchief, but he he didn't use it. He scooted along the wall slowly, sniffling. He opened his mouth as if to say something, then closed it. Then, holding onto the top of his hat, he would sprint down the halls towards his dorm.

"A nap. I need a long nap."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10