Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Salvete! Nova sum!

Started by Anonymous, December 28, 2009, 09:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

That's "Hello! I'm new" for any of you who don't read Latin.

Now that I've actually been dorky enough to title my introduction topic in Latin, I feel that my day has probably been completed early. Ah, well, I suppose that gives me more time to spend taking care of the things I want to do and not looking at Latin, right? (...What do you mean, no?) Anyway! As the title clearly states to any of you who might have time traveled forward from ancient Rome, I'm brand spankin' new to SotE. I suppose that when you're new, you introduce yourself, don't you?

My name is Lady Grey, more commonly known as Britt, Pancake, or Hey You--I respond to all of these names until about 11pm CST, at which point if I am still awake I pile sewage atop my head and go out to fight crime. I've actually never been on a forum that was one consistent world and yet still so very large! Of course, lately I've been allowing myself to be confined to the world of private role-plays and finicky partners. It'll be nice to come out of my role-playing shell and actually meet some people for once!

Let's see, a little about me. I started role-playing when I was about eight years old, and though admittedly I was slow and dumb as all get out back then, I like to think that I've improved at least a little bit  :wink: . Like many of you here, I'm a writer who has loads of fantastical ideas and a few not so fantastical ones and sometimes, ideas so phantasmagorical that I have to explode upon thinking them and immediately forget. I also seem to be obsessed with making long, detailed introductions, as you might have noticed, and I'm also quite the silly individual in informal posts, as you also might have noticed.

I generally dwell in the realm of the interestingly unexpected--vampires who don't sparkle or explode in sunlight, who don't move much faster than a normal person but might well be able to read your mind, dragons who shape-shift and are miraculously wearing pants, demons who aren't so much evil in the way that we think of the hordes of evil generally being evil, but more like we think of technicians being ev-er, technicians (that is to say, it's just sort of a job). I am one of the few people on the internet who believes that for the most part, no matter how camp your character idea might be, if you can pull off the execution, then they can still make a great contribution to a roleplay.

That being said, fan characters are usually evil.

I'm not actually sure where to start on SotE, to be completely honest. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Has anyone got any recommendations, know of any places that could use interesting inhabitants who may or may not have a tendency to lose all sense of seriousness on alternate Tuesdays, don silly pink hats, and go out drinking with their friends?

I'm still trying to get myself set up on a new computer, so I haven't actually got the best site navigation skills ever just yet. Normally I would, but the screen on my new little baby netbook, Eugene, is far too tiny for me to sort everything out just yet. At least not the way that I might if I was at my desktop--I obviously found the registration button and welcome forum well enough, didn't I?

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, SotE! I think we'll probably get along peachy-keen.

Anonymous

:D Hey!~

I'm not nearly as interesting, but you can call me Kyuubi! I've been around for a few months now, hope you like your time here.

Anonymous

Salutations, greetings, and Welcome Lady Grey!

I am called Shizzy, or Spook, but Spook isn't a nickname that seems to stick here, so people just call me Shizzy, so you may call me Shizzy too! In summary, you are Lady Grey, or Pancake which I think I may call you, and I am Shizzy.

I now do my duty to the site and point you to the rules if you haven't already seen them of course, and to check out a copy of The World of SotE; A Brief Introduction to help you find any sort of information that you need to help you build your characters! If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to ask either! You can usually ask a person with a purple name, or a pink name, but I can also help you as well, so can most people who have been here longer than six months. However, you can always post your questions in the Questions Board and hope you get an answer from that.

Ahem.

Now, I'm not one for peaches myself, so I think we'll get along Watermelony-keen.

Anonymous

Watermelon-y...Hmm, I think that I can handle us being watermelon-y keen, then. Nice to meet you, Shizzy and Kyuubi, and thank you for the kind words of welcome! From all I've seen so far, I'll certainly enjoy my stay.

Thank you very much, Shizzy, for pointing me in the right direction. Though wouldn't you know, after reading through the world information, I'm still not entirely certain where to start! Well, that's a situation I'll have to correct some time this evening.

Again, thank you both very much, and I'm looking forward to my stay. ^.^

Anonymous

*Does a little dance*

Glad that you will, and very glad that I could help! Though I wish I could help with where you should start, but I can't! Well I might. I mean I'd say you pick a character you want to make! Do you want a Connlaothian, a Serenian, an Adelan, Thanatosian, or a Wanderer? Male? Female? Both? Neither? Adventurer? Serving Girl? Guard? Mage? Bard? Actor? I can't think of other things to start listing off, but I could if I wanted.

^_^