Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where Am I? ((Dris!))

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2009, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The rolling, green hills were very beautiful. The grass growing on them swayed in a gentle breeze. The only problem? They were all beginning to look the same to an unfortunate traveler.

Akiko scanned the horizon. She swore that she had seen those trees in the distance 3 times before. But how was that, if she had been walking in that direction-
She sighed. It was irritating her. She almost never got lost. She hadn't been in this particular area before. She pulled her cart of things she owned behind her, she looked up at the sky and felt rather hopeless. Why was there nobody around to help her? Why couldn't she find any way out? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!, she scolded herself mentally.

Anonymous

Not too far . . .well maybe kind of, but still not too far from his home, a young man sat. This was a quiet place. It seemed so peaceful . . . but many have gotten lost. Well . . . not that many, but enough for Kay to know. It was on that particular day that Kay Valarus happened to notice someone in the distance. Who ever it was, had passed a few hundred meters to the left of his spot maybe . . . three times. He also noticed that they were pulling along a cart with them. Kay sighed. It was time to help again. Not that he didn't like helping. He was just bored. Starting in a slow jog, he sped up into a fast sprint, and by the time he reached the cart and the . . . woman, he was slightly out of breath. He waited to catch his breath, without a glance at the woman after the first. He finally straightened and smiled. "Hullo there, are you okay?"

Anonymous

Akiko almost regretted someone coming to help her. She felt like an idiot, being lost and all. She said in her quiet voice, "Um, I've never been here, and I'm lost...do you know where the nearest town is..?" She looked off somewhere in the distance. Her golden brown hair swayed slightly along with the plants in the wind. She gave him a shy glance. She really wasn't used to talking that often.

Anonymous

Kay frowned. He could have swore that the young woman gave a small grimace when he got here. He ignored it and smiled. "Well, I don't really know the closest one, but we can go to Fort Deityi." He paused. "It's pretty close I guess, I mean, I come out here a lot, and that is where my family and I live." He looked closer at the woman. She seemed young, but in her eyes, she seemed to have seen much more then just a young woman should have. "Well then, I'll take you there if you want." He grinned big. "My name is Kay Valarus, a pleasure to meet you miss . . .?"

Anonymous

Akiko nodded to him, agreeing with the location. "Ah, Akiko. That is my name." she said. "Thank you for this. I usually don't get lost, I just haven't been here before." She said in a rather wise sounding way, "Keep that smile on your face, Kay. Most people don't smile half as much as they should." She waited for him to lead the way.

Anonymous

It was strange to hear such intelligent words coming from this young woman. Strange . . . he liked it. Kay grinned even wider. "You really are something miss." Then he began to lead the way toward his hometown. A few hundred meters passed before Kay said something again. "Not to be creepy or weird or whatever, but you really are pretty." He coughed. "You remind me kind of like a sister I never had."

Anonymous

Akiko followed him without a word until he said something. A faint smile crossed her lips. "I won't take it as creepy or weird, I'll take it as a compliment." She tilted her head when he said the next thing. "Really? That's interesting." She didn't sound sarcastic or uninterested when she said that, it sounded like she meant it.

Anonymous

Kay grinned again. "Yes, definately interesting indeed, Akiko." He looked off into the distance and frowned, if those were what he thought they were, they were going to be in a bit of trouble. "I really do wish that I had a sister like you. Someone to hang out with, someone who was beautiful." He smiled at the thought. "You know, someone as your friend until you get married or something."

Anonymous

"Ah, you wouldn't want me as a friend, someone who only owns a cart and the clothes on them..." Akiko chuckled a bit at that. "Married? Doubt it." She looked off into the distance where he was looking earlier. "Is there going to be trouble..?"

Anonymous

Kay smiled. "You know, I could fix that? I could give you more then just that cart, and more clothes? I could give you a house, money, whatever . . . just a thought." He looked off into the distance when Akiko asked. "Maybe . . . How about I go check it out, and if it is safe, I'll be back to lead you on your way?"

Anonymous

Akiko said, "Sure. That works. If you get in a bad situation, I can go assist you." She sat on the ground. "Be careful. Wouldn't want a nice guy like you to be hurt, would we?"She took out a puzzle box of hers and messed around with it.

Anonymous

Kay grinned again. "All righty . . . made up sis." Then he ran off. As he neared the area, he noticed that there were not only one, but four bandits. 'The more the merrier' thought Kay as he drew he sword and attacked. But Kay had failed to count one. Who ever that last one was, had magic, and was coming up BEHIND Akiko. He finally was able to gain the upper hand on the four bandits when he felt a magical buzz. He whirled around and saw the bandit now, a few feet from Akiko, who was still playing with her puzzle box. "Shit!" Kay cursed, the first time in a while. And he sprinted with all his might, hoping to god, that the man there did not hurry with what he was going to do.

Anonymous

Akiko sensed someone coming at her from behind. She calmly pretended not to notice, taking out another box discreetly. She turned the key, and released it quickly. The music that began to play was heavy in the air, and seemed to make the air wavy as it seems in hot weather. The bandit was now hypnotized. He stood, swaying on his feet, blankly staring ahead. She made sure the music did not effect Kay in the way it had the bandit. "Now, get him," she said, pointing to the bandit.

Anonymous

It was a strange power of hers it was. Kay froze, even though she told him that he could not get him. Sighing, in one sweeping motion, he cut the man down. Though Kay doubted that Akiko would have made her power work on him, his left eye felt tingly. That was never good, considering the power that was locked behind it. Kay wiped off his sword and sheathed it, not wanting to use it again. He was not a killer. "So, Miss Akiko, are you all right?" Kay asked, he doubted that she wasn't fine. "A question, what kind of power was that? . . . you don't have to answer it if you wish for it to be secret."

Anonymous

Akiko looked up from her music box. "This is hypnotism." She held up the box, which had grown silent. "You see, I'm not too strong physically, so I use this to escape." She began to wipe some dust from it. "Thank you very much for helping me, Kay. And I'm fine."

Anonymous

"I see, hypnotism." Kay nodded to himself. He had felt that it had been done on him before, but hadn't worked. Shrugging slightly to himself he listened to the explanation. "You are very welcome. I am glad you are fine." He paused. "You should get yourself a strong friend to travel with."

Anonymous

Akiko shrugged and put the tiny music box into her pocket, and put the other box into the cart. She got up and said, "I've traveled by myself for years. I'm still alive, so I guess it doesn't really matter." She glanced at him. "For now, you can be that strong friend of mine. How about that?" She walked towards the direction they were previously going towards.

Anonymous

"It does matter, because while you have survived so long without protection besides your hypnotism, what happens when you are unable to use it?" Kay was concerned. "As for me, I have a job in my town, I have to take over my father's business." He laughed. "If I don't the economy will be in trouble." He shrugged. "So unfortunately, I cannot." He was walking along side of Akiko. "The problem with life, we find people that we like, then we lose them."

Anonymous

Akiko looked at him curiously. "Hypnotism isn't the only trick up my sleeve, Kay." She listened to his speech. She was glad that she didn't have to take over someone's business someday. It would be hard work, she thought. After his last sentence, she gave him a rather wise, tired looking glance that would seem to better fit an aging woman. "Oh, I know that better that you do, I know that all too well."

Anonymous

"Well now, what other tricks do you have up your sleeve?" He laughed at his next words. "Not literally up your sleeves right?" He paused and thought about what to say next. From what he observed from Akiko, she seemed much older then she looked. By that, he could make an educated guess that Akiko was immortal, and from her last words, it was obvious that she had lost someone important to her. "Well then, even if you were to live a long time, its better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all, right?" It was not really a question. "It is a wonder that while you have lived so long, you kept you beauty."