Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where Am I? ((Dris!))

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2009, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Akiko tilted her head slightly. "Hm. I guess so. I never think about my age, really." She sighed. "You know, to have loved and lost just makes me feel like an old woman!" She laughed. "I guess I am, by your standards! Must seem pretty weird, a 500 year old woman still her to tell her tales!"

Anonymous

Kay Valarus laughed too. "Well now, you may be old, but you aren't showing it at all." He grinned bigger. "I mean you look young enough to be my wife, that is, one who is five hundred years old." He shrugged. "Not that weird at all, we all have strange things, and that is not, by far, the strangest thing I know of."

Anonymous

Akiko grinned. "I've seen some weird things in my time, but I tend to avoid them!" She looked at the scenery beyond. "If I look young now, how long will it take kfor me to look old?" She looked up. "Perhaps a thousand years? That's enough for me."

Anonymous

Kay was still grinning. "I guess we all have seen too many strange things to count in life huh?" He shrugged. "It could take a bit, but don't you get used to it? Watching people die?" The smiled had faded slightly. "I guess in the end, its more painful to live forever then to die normally, right?"

Anonymous

Akiko's smile faded as well, returning to her neutral expression. "A gift and a curse, it is. Watching people die...it's like watching a play to me, it's like nothing is related to me and I'm just watching the show." She sighed.

Anonymous

Kay smiled sadly. "What can we do with our lives?" He turned to face away from Akiko and looked into the sky. "We are given and we must receive. It may not always be the easiest thing to do, but it is what we must do anyways." He turned back and smiled again. "How about we get moving again, a bit faster?"

Anonymous

Akiko sighed and playfully pushed him. "Faster? We're going fast as it is! You're all so crazed with going everywhere fast that you never even get to enjoy where you are! It's a crazy thing." She smiled.

Anonymous

"That may be true, but I seem to take in things really fast too." Kay grinned as he turned in a complete circle, taking everything in. "Just by doing that, I could tell you everything there would be to know, that the human eye can see, that I can hear, smell." He looked at Akiko. "So I have no problem with travelling fast."

Anonymous

Akiko sighed. "Well, what ever you want to do. Let's go faster if you want to. I don't know where I am anyway." She looked at the sky. "It's a fine day to get lost, however. What nice weather."

Anonymous

"Yes, yes, nice weather indeed." Kay said absently. He was looking into the sky. Very nice weather it really was. "So, tell me about yourself? To take up some of the time it takes to get to the fort?" He paused. "That is, if you want to."

Anonymous

Akiko nodded. "Sure." She looked thoughtful, thinking about what she should say. "Well, I do have a question for you before I tell you about myself. If you could be immortal, would you accept it or stay mortal?"

Anonymous

Kay thought about it for a while. He thought more and more, and the more the answer ran away from him. While it was a free choice to answer what he wanted he was getting to the point where his answer varied in his head. "Well now, if I was offered the choice to be immortal, depending on other factors, my answer would vary."

Anonymous

Akiko nodded slightly. She stayed silent, thinking. She took a large music box out of her cart. She turned the key for a while, and released it. Very complicated music started playing, and it made the air seem almost heavy, seemed to make the air look wavy like it does in heat.

Anonymous

Kay noticed the silence, then the start of music. Very complex and a beautiful song. He felt the air almost seemed to thicken along with the music. He decided to continue to answer, speaking softly, as not to speak over the music. "Lets say that I had someone to be immortal with me, a friend, a wife, a girlfriend, a child of mine." He smiled. "Then of course I would."

Anonymous

Akiko, for a second, looked like she was about to cry, then had a neutral doll's expression. "I don't have anyone to be immortal with, but I must manage on my own, as I have all these years." She stared into the horizon. "I think I can deal with it."

Anonymous

Not a good thing to be saying, from Akiko's sad expression. Kay sighed, his smile disappearing. "Now, I never said that you couldn't deal with it, or survive without someone you love." He looked at Akiko hard. "What I am saying, is that with someone you loved, you could share the pain of being immortal, but in the end, you become soft, and easy to lose yourself the craziness." He looked away and into the distance again. "Alone, immortal, you start off crazy, or whatever, you end up stronger then you ever were before."

Anonymous

Akiko sighed. "You wouldn't know the half of it, but nice job trying." She looked at the box in her hands. "This took a hundred years to make, you know." She looked up at the sky. "It's really odd, thinking how short the average life is. It's even odder...thinking that they think their lives are so long." She smiled sadly.

Anonymous

"While I may not know the half of it like you say, I have an idea." Kay had not been smile for a bit now. "I have been down to hell and back." He paused. "Do you know the endless torture that you have to face and only to be brought back, to have more?" he coughed. "I have seen more evil in my short life then you have throughout your entire life." He sighed. "The pain that I had to deal with? it is still here, every day I have to deal with my heart stopping, then starting again, compliments of hell."

Anonymous

Akiko sniffed, and looked away. "Stop complaining, boy. You're alive, and that's all that matters. Life may feel like hell sometimes, but that doesn't mean you can reject the gift of living that you have been blessed with. Your life is short, so be thankful of every passing moment, because you can't ever get it back." She looked ahead, her gaze tired and seeming much older than she looked.

Anonymous

Kay laughed, but it was starting to sound a bit mocking. "Alive?" Kay went into a crazied fit of laughter. "Oh yes, I am really alive, when I fade between life and death like so." Kay said. "While yes I am somewhat able to live, do not mistaken me to be truly alive." Kay laughed again, his eyes were clear. "I can't be thankful for every moment because every moment pains me more then it pains you."