Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where Am I? ((Dris!))

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2009, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Akiko said in an icy tone, "Do not mock me, boy. If you are going to continue on with your complaining, I'll find my own way." She turned sharply on her heel and began to walk away. "Perhaps you aren't who I thought you were. Goodbye, Kay." She didn't turn around, just heading the direction she was going.

Anonymous

Kay no longer had a grin of any kind on his face. He was furious, more then furious. He was . . . he couldn't find a word for it. Taking a deep breath, he controlled himself and the anger faded. "You really think I am mocking you?" Kay laughed bitterly. "If you truly think that, then it might be better that you left and went on your own way." He shook his head at the back of Akiko. "If your perception is only so deep, then you are far less then you think yourself to be." He shrugged and headed in the direction of his home and town.

Anonymous

Akikio shook slightly with an emotion between anger and sadness. She said just loud enough for him to hear, "Perhaps my perception is so shallow because I do not want to see any further." She turned to face him again. "Come back..I don't want to be lost again." She took a step towards him.

Anonymous

Kay sighed. He was definately too nice. Especially after that word thrashing he just got, he was still going to help. "All right, All right, let's get a move on it." He changed directions again, back to the original, but he did not look at Akiko. Kay did not trust himself to look at her, afraid that he might explode again. "So might you explain why you want to be . . . as you are?" He asked.

Anonymous

She stared ahead with no more emotion in her eyes. "I do not see further because I  do not wish to know any more about this world than I must." She looked  onto the horizon. "I wish I was mortal so that I could just live my life and get over with it."

Anonymous

It was pointless to argue his point any further. While his virtues allowed him a broad view of the world, that didn't necessarily spread to other people. He might have been a bright open-minded person, but that didn't mean everyone else was. It just meant that he was far more capable to accept things for the way they were, more capable to adapt. That was his skill.

"I see no point in trying to talk you out of doing that," Kay said. "After all, I am not the only stubborn person around, I will back down." He grinned ruefully. "It was not my place to be talking like so to you anyway." He sighed. His gaze followed Akiko's to the horizon. "We all wish for immortality, that is, until we see the truth, the curse that it is." He slung an arm around Akiko. "Especially if you don't have someone like me to live with." He grinned wide. "Just kidding, of course."

Anonymous

Aki smiled. "Heh..." She looked at the cart, stopping for a moment. She opened it, taking out a medium-sized music box. She shut the cart, then said, "Can I show you something?" She held up the music box, and began to turn the key. It started playing an eerie song, and she popped open the lid, reaching inside and turning something quickly. The song restarted, this time sounding like a pipe organ. She looked at it with pride. "It can sound different, because it's magic." She smiled, amused. "Because, I don't think I could fit a little pipe organ into it."

Anonymous

Kay ended up having a smile spread across his face after seeing Aki smile. It was an instinctive reaction. He barely kept it from going overboard as she stopped for a moment to take something out. As she brought it into view, he almost whistled. It was a music box. Not just a music box, but probably the most beautiful one he had ever seen. Then the music started. What strange music it was. But what surprised him more was when she reached inside and turned something. The song restarted but was different as well.

"Yes I can see why you think so," Kay was transfixed by the strange music box. Where had he seen something like that before? Strange. He reached out to touch it then paused. "May I see it?"