Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home at last! (Rhi!)

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2011, 02:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"I donno. There could be a market for a blind seamstress." Liadan moved over to Iris's bed and sat down. Sleep sounded amazing just then, but she still felt a little anxious, "You'll be here...when I wake up, right?"

It all felt a little like a dream, to be home again.

Rhindeer

"Ya think so? Some crazy eccentric tha' wants crooked clothes with crooked seams?" Iris asked with a grin as she took a seat on the bed's edge. She would worry about cleaning up later, but right now it mattered now.

Reaching out slowly, following the sound of Liadan's voice, she bumped her hand against the girl's cheek and followed along her skin and the contours of her face until she found her hair, stroking i reassuringly. "Of course, love. I won't leave yer side. Well, 'cept ta clean up, but I'll be here. So ya jus' get some rest, y'hear? Ya need it."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Why not? You've seen the things people will spend money on. I bet you could get work at some temple. Holy vestments sewn by a beautiful blind girl." Liadan leaned into the touch, enjoying the touch and the word love. She had missed Iris so much, more than anyone else.

"Don't let me sleep too long or I'll never be able to sleep tonight." Reluctantly, she moved away from Iris's hand and curled up on the bed, tired and so happy to be home again.

Rhindeer

Iris ran a hand through Liadan's hair one last time before withdrawing. "I'll wake ya in a couple hours," she said, then rose to her feet to go clean up, keeping herself busy to pass the time. She felt fidgety enough as it was, filled with happy, relieved  energy--and since she didn't want to disturb Liadan, she just had to spend it elsewhere.

How ironic that the two of them had both faced such similar issues. Sometimes, Iris started to think the nonsense she spouted about fate and all that maybe had some validity.

She kept good on her promise, letting Liadan sleep for a time before returning to her bedside. Reaching down, she gently nudged the girl's shoulder. "Time ta get up, lass."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Liadan slept heavy and deep for the first time in a long time. No nightmares or terrors woke her, she was safe and warm and okay. When Iris finally woke her, she blinked, groggy and confused for a moment, then her face broke into a bright smile. That was a good face to wake up to.

And it was nice that she could stare as much as she wanted, because Iris couldn't tell, "Did I sleep long? What time is it?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, not too long. I letcha sleep a couple hours. I ain't checked th' time properly, but I think it's just after dusk."

Sure, Iris wasn't very accurate, but she could feel the passing of time in a very general sense, though it mostly worked on sunny days. Days were warmer and nights cooler. Day meant she could feel the sunlight--unless she was in the shade, of course. Not the most reliable method, but it worked most days when she could be general and didn't have to keep to a strict schedule.

She reached out, seeking Liadan's hand. "Didja sleep well?"

Anonymous

"Best sleep I've had in a long time. I haven't felt safe, you know?" Liadan gestured to the wagon around them, "It was too...hard being on my own. Away from all this." Stretching, Liadan gave a yawn, "Can I at least help with dinner?"

Rhindeer

"Only if ya insist on it," Iris said, patting the girl's knee. "I wanna fuss over ya a bit, but I know how bullheaded ya can be. Not tha' ya can do much! I got a nice meal already fixed an' ready, but if ya wanna be a big help, ya can set th' table."

She smiled. "I made yer favorite."

Anonymous

"Really? You made lamb stew?" Liadan brightened, sniffing the air, "I thought I smelled something amazing!" She leaned over and hugged her friend, lingering a little on the hug, "Thank you Iris."

Finally pulling away, she stood and started to set the small table. It was easier to eat outside, but, she just didn't want to. She wanted to stay safe inside her friends home a little longer.