Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What I've done.

Started by Rhindeer, March 29, 2011, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Nakaris tensed a little in surprise when Nadia wrapped an arm around him but then relaxed again, though he wasn't really sure what he should do with his hand, with her pressed close like that. It fluttered uselessly for a moment before resting somewhat awkwardly on her waist. It felt a little inappropriate and he wasn't sure he wasn't crossing some sort of boundary, but then again--she'd started it!

It still surprised him; he wasn't used to a such bold women! Well, alright, so he'd been around his share, fighting buddies and whatnot, but they acted more like men than women so he often forgot they were.

"I s'ppose so long as we don't run we'll be okay," Nakaris said as they walked over the grass, the massive shrine in sight, a dragon's wing bone peeking over the manicured shrubs in the distance. "It's never a good idea to run. That's when things'll chase ya."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Nadia enjoyed the hand on her hip. It was a little overly familiar, but she dealt with overly familiar people all day, and she was clinging to his arm. "Ah, yes. Now that is something I am a little more familiar with. We seem to be doing rather well."

The sheep was watching them, but it made no move to attack again and soon it was out of sight.

"Well, one crisis averted. Thank you again for the save. If you have no other plans after praying, I would like to at least get you lunch or a drink for being a dashing hero."

Rhindeer

Nakaris laughed. "A drink'll do, but I won't say no to lunch." And then, with a grin, he added, "In other words, nope, no plans. I'd be a bloody moron to turn down a pretty girl's invite."

They had reached the shrine and, with some reluctance, Nakaris released her. "Well, then, I'll let ya do yer thing," he said. "Yer safe. No sheep followed us, so I guess th' spirits are okay with ya now."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Nadia found his compliment really nice. She heard them rather often and most were worded better, but she wasn't his whore. He didn't know what she did. To him, she was just a pretty girl and Nadia's dark skin heated a little and she covered it with an easy smile, "Thank you. I wont be a moment."

She headed to the shrine and spent a few moments giving her thanks to the spirits. Her brother was home safe and sound and she was grateful. Once her prayers were finished and she had left her small offering, she came back to where Nakaris was standing, "Thank you for waiting. Now, where shall I take my dashing hero for his reward?"

Rhindeer

Nakaris waited patiently while she set things right with the spirits and added a few more of his own for good luck. So far, this day was turning out surprisingly well--and maybe he was imagining things, but he thought he'd caught her blushing.

When she returned, he offered her his arm, playing at being a gentleman. He had no real experience with it; he'd grown up rather rough and tumble and lived a rough life, as well, but he could try, and she was pretty and delicate and he didn't really want to embarrass himself.

"Well...honestly, I ain't much familiar with th' area," he said after a pause, trying to remember the establishments he'd passed on his way here. "Know any good taverns, milady?"

Anonymous

Nadia took his arm, her touch delicate and she was glad she wore her nice perfume for the trip. Being treated like a normal woman made her happy. And unlike her male friends, this one seemed to desire her. And being desired was flattering. She wasn't just a whore to him.

"Hmmm. Yes. I can think of a few. How do you feel about mutton? I think we should have some to celebrate." Her smile was a little wicked at that comment.

Rhindeer

Nakaris burst into laughter at that comment, his own smile mischievous. "Oh, mutton sounds fantastic," he said. "Th' only thing tha'd make it better'd be takin' our meal right here." In eyesight of the damned sheep, a sort of petty 'fuck you'.

...Not that it would understand, but they would.

Some of Sanctuary's residents had finally noticed the sheep and were trying to round it up, and Nakaris grinned and shook his head. "It sure don't look so tough now."

Anonymous

"It would probably murder us if we tried." Nadia clung a little closer when they neared the sheep, "And speak for yourself. I know the violence and terror just waiting under that fleece and dumb face."

The path back had few people on it and most of them were lost in contemplation. Not many people came here to chat, "If its not too personal, can I ask what you were doing here?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, no, I ain't makin' fun. Tha' thing's bloodthirsty," Nakaris said with a grin. "Probably has fangs an' everythin'. Maybe it's some cursed beast, sent to sweep ya away to some...villain or somethin'."

Nakaris furrowed his brow. Storytelling wasn't his strong point and he'd lost momentum fast, but it had started out strong if he said so himself!

Peering down at her at her question, Nakaris gave a little shrug. "Oh. Y'know. Th' usual stuff. Prayer 'n' contemplation. Soul-searchin'. What about yerself?" he asked, dodging the question.

It would sound really stupid to say, 'looking for myself.'

Anonymous

Luckily for Nakaris, Nadia had spent many hours listening to much worse storytellers than himself. She didn't even flinch, still smiling that small, sweet smile, "Well, its good I had you here then. That sounds awful. Though, it might have been extra heroic if you had saved me from some tower while I wore something gauzy and clingy after battling the fiend. That is how most of those stories tend to end."

Nadia gave a small shrug and shook her head, "I was here thanking the Spirits for the return of my brother. He had gotten kidnapped. But he is back, safe, sound, and whiny as ever."

Rhindeer

"Kidnapped?" Nakaris said, eyebrows rising. She spoke of her brother's kidnapping so casually!

Still blinking down at her, he tilted his head inquisitively. "Does tha' happen often?"

Anonymous

"Oh no. But, well, it's a long, somewhat silly story. Not to say the whole him getting stolen isn't upsetting, but if I think to hard on it, I'll probably cry again." Nadia glanced down, taking a shaky breath. Focusing on the whole getting lost a mile from the city part was easier to deal with.

Rhindeer

"Ah! I'm sorry," Nakaris said with a wince. "Then, ah, let's talk 'bout happier things! Like, ah, the gauzy thing. Maybe I shoulda let th' sheep take ya to its overlord so I coulda climbed th' tower an' swept ya away. Maybe I oughta take ya back to th' sheep so we can do jus' tha', eh?"

Anonymous

Nadia's laugh was trying a little too hard, but she would rather focus on the happy things, "What? That would be awful! I forbid it! You'll have to use wit and charm to get me into something clingy and gauzy."

Rhindeer

"So yer open to wearin' somethin' clingy an' gauzy, then?" Nakaris asked with a grin. He noticed the shift in her mood but kept pushing forward; it wasn't his place to pry, not about something so personal and with someone he'd just met.

"Well, I'll see what I can do! We are headed to a tavern an', well, th' more ale ya drink, th' wittier I become!"

Anonymous

"Weeeell, I suppose that could happen. If you play your cards right." Nadia gave him a brilliant work smile, "That's cute. See, you are getting wittier already and I haven't had a drop."

Rhindeer

"So just imagine what I'll be like when ya have," Nakaris said, and gave her a gentle nudge. "'Cept if ya drink, th' gauzy dress goes out th' window. If anyone's gonna be wearin' somethin' like tha', it's 'cause they got their own wits about 'em, if ya know what I mean."

The banter was fun, but he also didn't want her to get the idea that he was a creeper trying to get her drunk so he could take advantage. She was pretty, sure, but that was not how he worked and he didn't want to scare her off.

Anonymous

Nadia blinked, actually a little surprised at that comment, "You are a gentleman, aren't you? You are going to spoil me."

Rhindeer

Nakaris's face heated a little and he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "Naw, I'm no gentleman. I jus'...well, tha's jus' what anyone'd do!"

Anonymous

"Don't say that. It's a wonderful, and very attractive trait." Nadia clung a little tighter as they stepped into the tavern.

Tags: