Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The light before the darkness

Started by Anonymous, July 14, 2011, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Lucian snorted, "She was a flashy little tart. Parading herself around. And where was the King? If you must have something on the side, at least have the taste to not flaunt it." He shook his head again taking a long drink and helping himself to more food, "I sense you are wishing Gemini was still like that? How are things going with him?"

Lucian knew the rumors, most people did. It was such a shame, the damage he was doing. He had been such a sweet child.

Anonymous

Rhys nodded at his friend's sentiments, taking up a plate of roasted bird. He poised his knife and fork, shaking his head. "My thoughts exactly. To have his wife's mistress strut around so broadly must've been an embarrassment for the King." Delicately, he popped some of the bird in his mouth, savoring the taste.

Ah, Gemini — that name made knots in his stomach. "Oh, he is a nuisance, as usual," Rhys noted, smiling, despite everything. He didn't bother going into the details — everyone already knew. Rhys Stone was the last person who had to expound on his son's reputation — just the very name alone spoke for itself.

"If only I knew what happened, or where I went wrong. He was such a charming little boy, my Gemstone. And now..." He couldn't help but laugh a little, because if he thought about it for too long, it was all too much to take. "You are blessed, not to have such a problem, my friend."

Anonymous

"I am that. I always worry as the twins grow older. They are, well, spirited is the polite word. Hopefully they wont be terrors when they are older as well." Lucian pitied his friend, it couldn't be easy with such a...well known son.

"At least you have Raif? He seems like a solid lad. And Hearth is darling." She had that embarrassing stutter, but that would hopefully be fixed. And even then wasn't so bad, the girl was well-bred and lovely.

Anonymous

"Ah, the twins! I doubt they'd be terrors," Rhys assured, smiling, while placing his fork down, in his plate of finished bird. He was positively certain he could eat no more, and any attempt to do so would probably end up with him exploding.

"They were positively adorable, I recall, from the time I last saw them. I'd say you have nothing to worry about." Gemini had been positively adorable once too, of course... But Rhys didn't wish his problems on anyone.

Rhys nodded, recalling Raif, and Hearth. "I don't know what I would do without them, honestly. It's a shame Gemini cannot be more of a role model." The more he talked of Gemini, the more Rhys couldn't help but grow a little sadder. Did his firstborn have to ruin things even when he wasn't around?

In a not so subtle attempt to change the subject, looked back towards the table, and the spread of food. "You certainly know how to outdo yourself! I'll have to come back here more often is the food is always this delicious," he commented with a grin.

Anonymous

"You don't know the twins then. They always manage to get into something or other. I've been trying to keep them away from the Order, but we'll have to see." Lucian cursed himself for letting the conversation go so badly. Of course his friend wouldn't want to talk about kids, not with all the problems he was having.

"We might not throw parties as well as you do, but we know how to eat. Don't fill up too much or you wont be able to enjoy any of the games."

Anonymous

Rhys smiled, shaking his head. "They're at an age where a little mischief can be good for them, no?" His smile was pensive, though – he did not really have any right to talk about what was good and bad for a child.

Swiftly, he latched onto the new subject at hand, laughing, eyes lit up as Lucian mentioned the games. "Ah, I had almost forgotten!" he cried, clasping his hands together. "When will the games be ready, do you think? It may be childish of me to admit, but, I've quite been looking forward to them..." There was a cheerful spark in his eye when he said it – truly, nothing kept Rhys Stone down for long.

Anonymous

"Oh, there are always games going on. Let's see what we can find. I think there is a game of Blind Man's Buff going on." Lucian smiled, setting down his plate and moving away from the table, "Shall we go act like children for a while?"