Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I want the truth....

Started by Anonymous, June 08, 2005, 09:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have some very bias friend who i think loves me dearly (Not proven yet  :D ) and every time i lose my self to words and put them in print they love it....so IF anyone would like to say that my friends has been lying to me after all these years please just tell me...so good, bad, i will be strong and take it all.....ok enough rambling here is the poem...

I am looking at the dark side of the moon
when there lies a different time
The only light that come through
is the one I make for you

I know this itsn't me
I know this isn't you
But somehow it just seem so sweet
Too sweet to be true

The time is flying by
And brings me to another place
Out of the misty gray that rises up,
All of the color is pointed to you

Each time I moved on
Each haze I climb away from
I always see you
So this is what I conclude

Each sunset, each sunrise
Is our clock, it is set to dawn
And only in the night's blanket
Will you and I be together

Because Love,
I am always missing you
Because love,
 I am always dreaming of you

Laura A......
5/12/05

Rhindeer

There are a few minor typos, but that's about the only thing I can see "wrong". You have a LOT of great imagery there, and the lines I especially like are "all of the color is pointed to you" and the one about the sunrise and sunset being your clock, which is set to dawn. Don't know why, but I thought those were really cool, and they stuck out to me! ^__^ I think it has a nice flow, and it's really kinda bittersweet (and I'm a sucker for bittersweet stuff >.>). And, like I said, it's very visual, and I really love that.

So, yes! Good job! Your friend wasn't lying, but yeah, I definitely know how that as! XD I don't fully trust my friends or family to critique my stuff, either. >.> Though, some of them are actually good at it.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

thank you, you dont know how ridiculous please i am to have you post that...thanks again, you have encourage me to write more.

Anonymous

Are you talking about me?

I don't think I'm biased.  You just need an editor for the spelling and words that seem to run away.

Anonymous

Yeah, I would say definitely check verb tenses and usage because it's a little hard to get through because of that.

Be careful not to fall into cliches.. like.. 2nd person usage, certain references to the moon. And above all else.. Show, don't tell. If there is one thing that makes poetry heartbreakingly beautiful.. it's someone showing me a completely different way to understand their emotions.

Anonymous

I LOVE YOU CRIMSONKAT!

That poem you did, which was beautiful, GAVE ME MY MUSE BAAAAAAAACCK!!!!!!11 *glomps madly* OMG! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

ummmm thank you.....i am kinda speechless right now, and thanks for all the helpful  tips and duckie you werent included in that because i know you would tell me the truth but i still love ya :D