Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh a hunting we will go, a hunting we will go

Started by Anonymous, November 16, 2011, 11:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Winter smoothed her dress, settling herself a little more comfortably on the blanket. It was a lovely day for a hunt and she was utterly enjoying herself. The sun was shining, the hounds were out with the huntsman, searching for a hart to hunt. Taking another nibble of cheese, Winter beamed at Qiana, "Darling, this was the most wonderful idea. It's been far too long since we hunted. And now we can use the royal forests. How decadent!"

Erus was around as well, and the reason she had left her falcon at home. She knew the manticore wanted to hunt, so the prey was going to be a large one. Maybe next time she would bring her falcon anyway, just bring down extra game.

She had dressed for the occasion, in a tight fitting hunting outfit, the skirt slitted for easy ridding and her pale hair was pulled back in a complicated braid. She had made sure she looked effortlessly lovely for her outing with Qiana.

"I had been hoping Valor might join us, but he's off with some new conquest. That boy. He breaks hearts left and right and it breaks my poor heart. Where did I go wrong?"

Rhindeer

Qiana had also dressed for the occasion, if a little more elaborately than was necessary, hair pleated and hunting outfit of the finest quality. They'd found a sunny little patch in the woods and Qiana enjoyed the feeling of the warmth on her face and clothing. After days spent working, taking care of official business and such, it was nice to just get out and relax, not have to worry, and spend the day with her lover.

She took a bite of apple and shook her head at Winter.

"You did nothing wrong, love," she said, reaching out with her other hand to pet Winter's hand. "You did what you could, but boys grow up and stop listening to their mothers because they know best. It'll catch up to him eventually."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

It thrilled Winter that Qiana had actually dressed up. She adored her lover, but so often she ran to much to the practical. And Winter avoided the practical like the plague it was. Giving a dramatic sigh, Winter stretched out, putting her head in Qiana's lap and enjoying the sun, "Far too many things will catch up to him. You can't break hearts like that and expect them to not haunt you. I just wish he wasn't so careless."

Rhindeer

"Maybe it's just a phase, love," Qiana said, running a hand through Winter's hair and caressing her cheek with her fingertips. "Either way, he has to learn one way or another, and boys like him don't tend to learn the easy way. All you can do is warn him...but it's no failing of yours."

A thought tugged at her brain, the talk of children nagging at her. She hadn't wanted to bring it up, because she feared it was probably too soon. But out here, alone, spending time with her lover in the beauty of the sunlit woods...it was difficult to keep it all inside, even if it didn't seem the time or place, even if it was probably just a false alarm.

She told herself not to get too excited--but it was hard.

"Speaking of children," she said quietly, looking down at the grass. "I'm late."

It might be a false alarm. She had had them before, and lost children before they were born.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Winter's head shot up and a blinding smile lit her face before she could quite control it, smoothing her features, "Oh? Really? How late? Have you tested it with a rabbit?"

Oh how wonderful it would be to have a child around, to love and spoil. But she remembered all too well the grief and pain when Qiana lost her other children. Of holding her sobbing lover and trying to stroke away the pain.

Rhindeer

"Not yet!" Qiana said, looking up and unable to contain her own smile. "It's only been three days so I was a little--well, I was giving it time. Didn't want to get my hopes up, you know? But I've been feeling a little off the past few weeks. Nothing that couldn't be explained by other things, like the weather or stress but..."

She gave a little shrug, still smiling. "Is it so wrong to hope?"

Anonymous

"It's never wrong to hope!" Winter hugged her lover, giving her a long kiss, "Oh my love! I'm so excited! Forget the hunt! We are going right home and I shall stick you into bed!" Winter stood, fluttering about with excitement, "Oh! Oh Qiana! We'll make sure to spoil you rotten! I hear that rabbit urine is good for a healthy child."

Rhindeer

Qiana reached up to grab Winter by the wrist and tug her back down with a laugh. "Bed? It's a child, Winter; I'm not crippled. I'll go to bed at a normal hour and we can finish the hunt in the meantime!"

That and the idea of rabbit urine...sigh. Healthy as it would be, it didn't make the idea any more appealing.

Anonymous

Winter had three of her own children and hadn't slowed down a bit when carrying any of them. But that didn't mean she wasn't going to fuss, "But you must keep your strength up! Oh goodness, I know I'm being silly, but I'm so excited! A baby!"