Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Amongst These Fevered Steps [M] [Goblin]

Started by Juno, January 10, 2012, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Even thus far their journey had been far more difficult than he had ever imagined at the onset. Just a few months ago he had bid farewell to his sister back in Ketra and left his homeland for the first time in quite a number of years. Along the way he had realized it was a much-needed change; the world held so much more for him outside the borders of Adela.

It had given him a chance to see sights and observe the people of different lands, but what he'd enjoyed the most was the time he had gotten to spend with Tiraris. While certainly a challenge to accomodate both of their personalities in a single space, they'd been managing to make it work so far. Even with the outbursts they'd had.

Outbursts was almost a mild term in this. It had been frustrating to say the least, to have disappointment at every turn of their true quest right now. Finding a teacher, a mentor for his beloved Tiraris was proving to be seem nearly impossible, but Caden wasn't a quitter, he never had been.

Being supportive was all he could do most days. Tiring as it was, he wouldn't trade all of their time together for the world. He had finally found someone who he knew he was meant to spend the rest of a life together with. She was his other half in so many ways.

The unmasked adoration in his violet eyes shone brightly for her day and night, unchanging even through their seemingly endless trials of rising and then dashed hopes. Over several months they had been through so many mages and healers of all kinds that Caden was beginning to realize firsthand how rare and powerful her magic was.

Now, they were on their way to follow yet another lead, a man they had heard lived in seclusion here in these never-ending hills, a man with some truly special powers of his own. As all the others, he held hope that this could be the one. He wouldn't deny, though, that it felt like a lot of time had been wasted thus far. Still, every so often they had found someone promising but not trained in what they required, and he couldn't help but wonder if the man they sought now might be as well.

Looking to Tiraris, the demon nudged her gently with his shoulder now. "Think this is the one?" he asked cautiously, violet eyes flickering to focus steadily on her face.

GoblinFae

Tiraris glanced over to Caden taking in his hopeful expression. 'No Caden. This will not be the one either. But, I am not giving up. I am doing this for you.' She playfully nudged him back harder, a soft smile gracing her lips. "Why?" she teased. "Am I not one enough for you?"

Since they had begun their journey, Tiraris had tried to be more open with Caden. It was still very difficult to let him in. Even with this that was so important to them, she struggled to let him see that she was losing hope. She continued a facade that everything was good and happy between them. But in truth, she was losing control. Each argument, each squabble, each new "teacher" was a testament to her struggle not to lose herself.

Since the night she had told him she was staying, she had tried to become something else. All she managed to do was put on a new mask. Tiraris had never been a big talker or a very happy person. Being with Caden, required such things. Each day was a new day to try. She just hoped that at day's end they would still be together and alive.

Looking ahead of them, Tiraris noticed a tavern. "Want a drink? I want a drink," she told him heading off. 'Gods above, I need one!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Seizing her hand, he leaned close to give a quick peck on her cheek. "You're all I'll ever want," he answered simply, keeping hold of her hand as they continued on. He got the sense that something was bothering her, though. The way she looked at him now had him feeling like there was something there, something different, but he just couldn't pinpoint it at all.

Is she angry? Is something wrong? Is she hurting? Caden couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he was definitely well aware that there was something on her mind.

As she pulled away to walk ahead, though, he just rolled his eyes at the thought of getting a drink. "Hmm, you don't need it, do you? I can think of a few other things to take the edge off, you know," he said as he got himself back at her side, a hand slipping slyly about her waist and knowing full well he wasn't likely to get very far with it, as always. "Sitting at a bar...amongst all those drunken men and all that noise... so many other ways we could spend our time together, don't you think?"

GoblinFae

"Why Caden! Are afraid that your girl is going to drink you under the table? How much does it take a Neqa'el to get drunk anyway?" The gauntlet had been tossed, now it was just a matter of whether Caden would accept the challenge or not.

'I need another job. My very bones are aching for one. If I do not kill something soon, Caden will be next. I cannot afford to lose control. I will not hurt him! I have done enough of that already.'

"It is a bit of tradition for me to come here," she told him nodding to the tavern. "The Dirty Mug and I go way back. They have the strongest liqueur you will ever find. Although Rouge Lizard's Grogshop in Jadenshire comes as a close second. This place is better for people like us though. They cater to stronger stomaches." She winked opening the door and heading to the bar.

'You mean people like you Tiraris. Cutthroat, blood-monger assassin that you are. At least I can pick up a job while I am here. If I can get Caden knocked out I will be in the clear. Better he does not know about this.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"The strongest, you say? Very interesting... This is going to be a long night if you're aiming to get me drunk, Tiraris," he told her, thoroughly amused by the idea and having a chance to see her relax a bit more as well. "Let's do it, then," he whispered at her ear, slipping his arm away as he followed her inside.

His eyes flickered around the room as they walked. He tensed as he realized that most of the men here were openly staring at her. It took a lot of strength to not openly hiss, but he felt a rumbling growl building as he moved up to follow closer to assert himself as being with her. Violet eyes screamed his growing irritations, a hand coming protectively up to the small of her back as he met pair after pair of eyes. They're staring at her! They're looking at her! Like that! She's mine! Nobody's allowed to look at her that way! I know she's sexy, dammit! She's mine! MINE!

Eyes narrowed dangerously now, Caden pouted as he sat down beside her. "I don't like this place," he grumbled childishly. "Too crowded...

"You know what? You're right. We both need a drink," he said with a sigh as he shifted his gaze to try and catch the barkeep's eye.

GoblinFae

Tiraris ignored the wandering eyes of the other patrons. She was more than used to it by now but, listening to Caden she could tell from his growling that he was not. "Behave!" she crooned warningly in his ear. Removing her cloak, she kissed his cheek in appeasement before leaning over the counter.

Wolf-whistles sounded around the room at her displayed rump. Glancing out of the corner of her eye at Caden, she wiggled it slightly to get his reaction as she continued reaching for a bottle of her own special drink and a mug. Slowly straightening with her prizes, she poured Caden a mugful while watching him coyly through her lashes. Pushing the mug towards him, she took a swig straight from the bottle exposing her milky throat. The alcohol left a sweet taste on her tongue but burned all the way down.

Licking her lips she explained about the particular brew. "You see Caden when I said the tavern and I go way back, I meant it. This," she raised the bottle at him, "is made specifically for me. It is a very potent combination of honey, rum, and whiskey, among other things. Gives you one hell of a kick." Eyes twinkling, she shot back another mouthful to the catcalls and amusement of the room.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Every little move she made was carefully watched, those bright eyes still occasionally flickering to glare protectively over her shoulder at the others around the room. No, he didn't like this at all.

His growl didn't quiet at all and only seemed to intensify with each additional observation. Watching her, his brow furrowed in a mixture of 'how could you do this to me?!' and blatant anger at the other people around them. Even as she pushed the mug closer he took it with a tense fist. Reluctantly, he sipped at it, but his mind wasn't on drinking right now. "Popular, aren't ya?" he said coldly as he downed the rest of the mug's contents.

Irritated, Caden set the mug down and snatched her up around her waist, pulling her up onto his lap as he turned to trap her between the bar counter and himself. Arm coiled tightly around her, he lowered his lips to her ear. "Mine ...you're such a flirt."

GoblinFae

Tiraris knew she was pushing the limit, but she could not bring herself to stop. Old habits died hard and she was having fun. She smirked as Caden yanked her onto his lap. Just as she was about to reply to him she felt a tug on her hair. Leaning backwards onto the counter she looked upside-down at the person who had done it.

A pair of lips pressed briefly against her own before pulling away again. "Hello Nymph. Haven't seen ya here ina long time. Where ya been? I can see you have already found ya drink, or rather I can taste it," the youthful brogue voice of the bartender said. "Who's Mr. Possessive?" he smirked at Caden.

Still upside-down she replied, "I have been here and there and now I am back." Tiraris felt a little guilty. A kiss that had always been a normal greeting between the two of them now seemed very wrong. Her fun spirit was fading; this mask was not one she wanted to wear again. 'His kisses are nothing like Caden's!' She sat back up properly and took a small sip of her drink. 'Gods above I am a fool! How can Caden love me when I act like this?'

"Well Nymph, I'll leave ya to ya genteelman. Your usual accommodations are available. You know the rules," he told her. Behind her back he gave Caden a leering look of approval before moving on to help the next customer. Tiraris hung her head and moved to get off Caden's lap, bottle still in hand.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Feeling the presence behind her, Caden had looked up just as Tiraris leaned back to look at the man across the bar. Frowning very obviously, he hugged her closer for a moment as he watched them. Seeing him kiss her, fleeting as it was, immediately launched him into a frenzy. Tiraris being between them was the only thing that stopped him from doing something right then and there.

At first he tried to play it cool, let her have her fun, but he scowled for the smirk he was getting. No, he didn't like this guy at all. Caden felt himself beginning to lose it. His hands felt boiling hot as he trembled between human and demon. His fangs were already there, sharp and ready to attack. His eyes had taken on such an animalistic glow.

He was too comfortable with her, far too comfortable. The way he just came up even with them being like they were, the way he kissed her like he wasn't there, the way he talked grated at his every nerve, even if he did know her. And that look he gave? That was it. Finally, he snapped.

Even as Tiraris moved to get off of him he was rising quickly to his feet, dumping her off his lap and letting loose a feral snarl. Without another thought he'd scrambled up and over the bar, snatching the man up by his shirt. Nostrils flared with rage as he struggled to keep his claws from surfacing, the feel of them pushing sharp points to his flesh from the inside almost unbearably, torturously painful in its own right.

"Fucking bastard!" he roared, shoving the man back against bottles along the wall. "Who said you could touch her?!" Raising the man high for a moment, his eyes flickered with thoughts of murder and just how many pieces he could tear him into.

GoblinFae

Her eyes flashed as Tiraris heard Caden's growl. She was torn between helping the bartender and just watching. As she moved to step up to the pair she was stopped by a hand on her arm and a voice in her ear. "You Silverd'art? Gots a job for ya." Tiriaris nodded nearly imperceptively, eyes focused forwards. "Meet ya later ta'nigh' after ya done with your toy over there," the stranger told her kissing the back of her neck.

Tiraris threw her elbow back sharply. "Do not touch me again if you want to live to see the job completed," she hissed pulling away from him. "Caden!" she called, sauntering over to the angry demon.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

In his fury, Caden completely missed the exchange between the second man and Tiraris. "You're dead!" he snarled, ramming the man against the wall and letting him drop to receive a swift punch to the jaw, his other hand quickly wrapped around his throat.

"NO, PLEASE! NO MORE! I didn't mean anythin' by it, I swear!"

"Sure. Sure. Right, and I'm just supposed to believe you!? I don't think so!" Caden was ready to burst as he stood there, holding the man so tightly in a vice grip, but as he heard her calling to him he turned to look at her with wild eyes.

He was all but transformed. Muscles spasmed visibly in his hands as he struggled to fight the fire within him. "What do you want!?" he screamed, eyes narrowed as she came closer.

GoblinFae

Tiraris froze at Caden's harsh tone. For a very brief moment a look of hurt fluttered across her face before she slammed her stoic mask back on. "Nothing Caden," she replied softly. "Just clean up your mess," she hissed striding past him. 'You deserved that you Harlot! You should be the one he tears apart. You cruel heartless monster. You have hurt him again.'

She fought back tears as she raced up the stairs to her usual room. Slamming and locking the door behind her, she slid to the floor pulling her knees in tight. 'Curl monster! Harlot! Murderer! Fair-weather friend!'

Through the floor she could hear the shouting and begging of the bartender. The other patrons were laughing and jeering drunkenly as if this was a usual occurrence. "I am such a little fool," she muttered into her lap. Inside, her magic awoke rumbling under the surface, waiting for a chance to burst forth. "I am a danger to us all."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Through his anger he had almost missed that flash of a change in her, but he had caught enough of it to tell he had messed up. Growling as she walked away from him, he watched her go up the stairs as he dragged the bartender along with him to the end of the bar. Eyes flickering back to the man before him with his pitiful begging and screaming pleas, the demon lifted him up once again and threw him back hard against the wall, finally releasing him. "You're lucky I fucked up. Otherwise, you'd be dead," he warned before racing across the room, up the stairs, and to the room he heard her muttering coming from.

"Tiraris!" he called, voice strained as he grabbed at the door's handle, twisting and turning it every which way. He still fought the hot stinging coursing through his body, a normal reaction for such a violent rejection of his other self. Please, let me in. I'm sorry I yelled. I'm sorry I lost it. I'm sorry I hurt someone. And you. I'm sorry I hurt you.

Pounding on the door, he threw himself repeatedly against it, shaking it in its frame against the lock. It didn't take much of this for him to bend the lock and manage to force the door open. Roughly, he slammed it shut after him as he came inside and immediately went to kneel before her.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Tiraris. Please...forgive me. I didn't mean to get that way...I didn't mean to hurt you... Please..." Caden hung his head, hands reaching so hesitantly for her now as he wanted to hide himself away from her for his outburst.

His eyes still hadn't cooled very much and his hands still ached terribly, shaking violently, but his fangs were gone. A sweaty brow was the trophy of his struggle as he looked at her now with such sadness and regret there. Those bright, violet eyes looking so much like a wounded animal's, he remained there crouched and humbled before his other half.

GoblinFae

She growled furiously as she watched Caden break down the door. Inwardly she felt sorry for him, but her magic was boiling too close to the surface to let him be forgiven so easily. She quickly unfolded herself, slinking to her feet. "Stay away from me," she hissed feeling the magic crackle along her skin. Her hands began to feel warm and sweat. Looking down she was surprised to see flames licking her palms and fingertips. 'Now this is new.' Not wishing to worry Caden she kept her shock to herself.

She took a deep breath trying to relax. "I am going to go for a walk. We both need to calm down and that is not going to happen with us in the same room. We both did things we should not have. When I come back we can discuss this civilly. Caden, right now I am so mad that I will probably end up hurting either you or myself. I do not wish to do either."

'Please Caden, let me walk away. Do not force the issue now. My control can only hold so long. Even with my emotions controlled, the magic is still slipping.' Even as she stood waiting for his acknowledgement the fire in her hands began to grow and rise. 'Every day that passes, I get worse. Oh Caden what am I going to do? I do not want to lose you.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The pain of seeing her this way was excruciating in itself, let alone what he was going through right now. Clenching his teeth, Caden merely nodded for her words. With glazed eyes he looked up but didn't dare look at her face. Instead, he remained there staring off blankly at the wall until she left.

When the door closed, the demon slumped over to drop his head, hair falling along the sides of his face to hide the pain visible there. His eyes did not lose that bright glow and instead it intensified with each passing minute. The aching in his jaw returned gradually until the pressure pinched so much he bit into his cheeks to draw blood. Once the fangs were out again he knew what was to come.

Groaning for the harsh waves of pain that rippled through him, he crawled over to the bed where he clung to one of the legs of the frame. Sitting there, he felt a fine sheen of sweat building all over as he stared down at the floor, still desperately trying to cling to humanity. It was too much for him, though.

With silent tears running down his face, Caden took shallow breaths as he mumbled nonsense to himself. Goddess above...save me. Save me from myself. The pain radiating from his hands was growing to be almost too much, but still he sat in torture.

Muffled crying and whimpers rocked through him, shaking him away from peace more and more each time. An acute sharpness began popping at every little joint in his hands as he hunched there, shaking miserably for the awareness this was all happening in. It happened slowly, painfully and torturous still as he fought with himself every moment. The thin claws that ran flush with his bones had him feeling like his hand broke with every addition, every pop and slip into place.

Finally, they broke through.

Almost translucent white claws sprouted out now from his fingers, the cruel things buried back into his skin just at the knuckles but were long, and sharp as knives at the tips where they stretched another finger's length beyond. They truly were weapons, ones he knew could shred just about anything, but it had been so long since they had surfaced that it was extremely painful to bear them now, involuntary as it was.

Crying still, he began raking his hands along the finely-carved wood, ruining the etchings there as layers easily separated to fall to the floor around him. It wasn't long until his rage of grief took to other things about the room. The dresser. The floor. The walls. The curtains. The door itself. All were slowly and methodically carved into as he tried to contain himself there, tried to force himself to stay in the room and not wreck havoc unconfined.

When he was done, the emotions of the change finally settled into something much calmer and no longer out for blood, Caden again slumped to the floor amidst his wreckage. Still fully transformed, he curled his hands onto himself to keep the claws pointed at his chest and belly instead now, worried as he still kept tensing with the urge to fly from the room and follow after the instincts that pounded loudly in his mind now.

Instead, he was curled up there, head hung to hide his shame for what he had done in the night and what he still was and could not hide. There, he would remain.

GoblinFae

Tiraris stormed out the door, letting it slam behind her. Below, the bar became very quiet as she angrily descended the steps. "This be new for ya," the bartender said pointing to her still flaming hands. She glared at him, her eyes seeming to glow with their own sets of flames. It was only when he back away from her challenging glare that she turned her gaze to the customer from early.

Curtly nodding her head to him, she grabbed her discarded cloak and marched out into the night. She did not stop until she felt the flames die back down. A few minutes later, the stranger joined her in the alley. She remained shrouded in the shadow as he informed her of the target, a group of brawny thugs that insisted on preying upon the helpless.

With their location in mind, she took off without discussing payment. 'This should be fun,' she thought, watching the three victims from around the corner of a building. Pulling her cloak tighter about herself, she walked slowly before the group looking nervous. Sure enough they took the bait and grabbed her.

"Where you off to so fast doll. Why don't you stay with us awhile?" The largest of the men pulled her close and nuzzled her hair.

"Let go of me," she hissed, playing the part of a helpless wallflower. In her mind she was far from it. Rapidly she calculated her plan of action and possible consequences. Lustily, the man grabbed her chin and forced his mouth on her own. Furious, Tiraris bit into his lip. She slapped harshly for her efforts and paused to spit blood in the man's face. She felt disgusted with the way they man-handled and groped her. It left a sour taste in her mouth.

Enraged she lashed out at them, freeing herself and unsheathing her sword. Their mocking laughter did not last long as she viciously tore into them. Their begging and screaming appeased her already fragile control. The hot blood splaying onto her was thrilling. It was not the kill that gave her peace but the beauty of the movement and the power she wielded. In her efforts to change for Caden, she had forgotten the reason she became an assassin to begin with. When she could not control her gift, the killing had. In the beginning it had terrified her, now it was just a fact of life.

Sighing she looked at her masterpiece. There was no trace of knowing who the victims were before death. She wiped the blood off herself, wincing as pain bloomed in her lip and side. Running her hands along her abdomen she realized one of them most have gotten a hit in. 'Bruised ribs. I can live with that.' Deciding the injuries were not fatal, she left them to heal naturally.

Much calmer now, Tiraris headed back to Caden. With every step she took she felt more guilty. She could taste the wrongness of the forced kisses and wished desperately for Caden's embrace. 'Forgive me Caden. I do not want to hurt you. I love you too much to continue wasting our time on fighting.'

But, the fight and following massacre had taught her one thing, she needed to kill. It was the only thing she had left to protect Caden from herself with. 'I will not let him die because I lose control. I will not be the cause of another loved one's death.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was still for a long time, the soft movements of his shallow breathing the only sign he was alive as he stayed where he was on the floor. As he began to realize it was getting to be quite late now, though, he became worried with what might happen when Tiraris returned.

She'll know I'm such a terrible monster now. I can't hide this... Even if I cleaned it up all the marks would still be there... I am such a fool. How could she ever still love me when she sees what I've done to the place? And what if she's still mad about...oh my... If she is...I'll probably have to leave, won't I?

Whimpering softly to himself, Caden eyed the door cautiously for a few long moments before lifting his head again. Slowly, he raised himself to a crouch and moved himself to the other side of the bed, hiding behind the mattress with his back to the door. Sliding down to sit on the floor, he pulled his knees up to his chest and dangled his clawed hands over them as his head rested against his legs.  

Bones still aching from his violent, but failed rejection, he remained there.

He didn't know really what he thought this might accomplish, if she might not find him pathetically hiding like this. Still, he figured it might delay her a few seconds at least.

GoblinFae

Tiraris silently ascended the steps to their room. Pausing outside the door, she tried to judge Caden's mood. When she heard nothing but soft breathing she entered quietly. The room was a wreck. 'I did this. This is my fault. I drove him to this.' The already surfacing guilt took a deep-seated hold upon her heavy heart.

Observing the damage, she tried to locate where Caden was. Her heart pined a mournful cry of shame at seeing him curled up behind the bed. She made her way over to the bed and climbed on top of it, towards the man she loved. Tiraris swung her long legs over the edge of it, onto either side of Caden. Then standing, she pushed the bed away from them and squeezed down behind him.

Her arms came up to wrap around his chest and shoulders, her chest pressed tightly to his back. She held on as if her life depended on it, refusing to let go. Her head came to rest beside his and she breathed in his calming scent.

"I am a very selfish person Caden. I have spent all this time doing whatever I felt like without consideration for you. I have forgotten that I am not alone in this and that this also affects you." Her voice was soft and sad as she poured her apologies out to him. "I have spent a great portion of my life wearing masks. Tonight I put on one that I have not worn in a long time. I find that since I have met you, I no longer wish to wear it. With you I do not need to wear masks. With you, I can just be me. Being in old company made me forget that. I keep hurting you, Caden," she whispered running her fingers along the scar she knew lay beneath his shirt.

"I am not angry with you. I am angry with me, Caden. I do not want to hurt you. Yet the more I try not to, the more I do. I am such a horrible person. What kind of person hurts the one they love? Can you forgive me? Can you forgive my selfishness and childishness?"

She pressed a kiss gently to his collarbone and squeezed him tighter. Her long hair slid over their shoulders and mixed with his own silky locks. "I love you Caden. I am so afraid of losing you. Please forgive me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Caden heard every little noise as she climbed up and entered the room. Bracing himself for shrieks of anger, he was startled that there was nothing but the sound of her shoes upon the floor. Wincing when he heard the bed creak as weight was placed upon it, he did not dare turn to look. Again, he was startled by the sudden movement of the bed, not expecting that at all. He remained tense for a long time, though, when he felt her hands encircling him and the warmth of her upon his back. A low growl built in his throat for a moment before he gulped it back, feeling absolutely ashamed of what he was and the involuntary action.

Biting his lip, he whined almost imperceptibly as he braced himself for another lash of her anger when he felt her head resting upon his shoulder. I am reduced to this. Cowering from punishment I truly deserve. Why must she taunt me? Why must she be so kind before she strikes me down and shoos me out of her life? As she finally spoke, though, he raised his head just a bit even though her voice was right in his ear.

He let her say her piece, sure it was just a small build up before she shoved him down, but he did listen. The touch at his scar gave him a mild start, but he quickly settled again when he heard her say she wasn't angry with him. Sweet Tiraris....my love...how can you not be angry with me like this? I have done nothing but disregard your wishes tonight. I should have been more understanding. I know it's hard to keep going like this and you're strong. You keep trying even when you hit a wall at every turn, yet you stay with me... If I were you I would just leave. Get out of this while you're still safe and sane and go search alone. You don't need me doing this to you. You don't need me ruining things. It will just keep happening. It will. So why stay?

Caden remained still and quiet for a long time after she finished. He felt so warm on all the places she touched and the little hollow of his collarbone was tingling with awareness as he felt her hair brushing over him. You are too kind to a monster, he thought, silent tears beginning to fall as he pressed his forehead rigidly against his legs still.

"For your own sake...please do not feel like you have to say such things to me. You...you are not someone who needs to apologize to someone like me, Miss Silverd'art. If there was anything to forgive, I would forgive you wholeheartedly, but...you have not wronged me.

"Please, go find someone who can help you be happy again. I get you so angry, don't I? Please, don't force yourself for my sake. I want you to be happy. I don't want you to have to deal with this." All was said with a strangled whisper as he raised a hand just barely off his knee for emphasis before letting it fall to flop limply back down again.

GoblinFae

"Is this what you truly want Caden?" She asked him, fighting to keep her voice steady. "You want me to leave? You tell me to seek happiness and then tell me to abandon my heart all in the same breath. What do you want? Tell me and I will do it, but I cannot do both. You are my heart. I love you as I have loved no other. When I said I was staying with you for good, I meant it. Do you not want this anymore? Was I wrong in thinking you did?"

Despite her words, Tiraris refused to move. She held on tight. 'This is where I want to be, more than anything. Caden, have I hurt you this badly? Am I the reason you push me away? Do you fear me now?'

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the hand movement and froze. 'He became his true self because of me.' Tiraris knew how much he despised this form. It would not be out of choice that he assumed it. She shifted herself so that she curled into his side and was no longer behind him.

Tiraris took his hand in her own, intertwining them. If he moved he could cut her, but she did not care. 'I would rather die than lose you Caden.' For a while she just looked down at their hands and then she smiled. She leaned down, ignoring the pain in her side, and kissed his hands. "I love you," she told him vehemently. "Please do not send me away. I love you too much to leave."

'Please Caden. I can be better, do not end this now. I promise I will change, just do not make me leave. I love you!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]